PDA

View Full Version : Avatars of War Painting Contest

Darklord
09-03-2011, 09:19 PM

It's time to get another contest under-way and it's the turn of Avatars of War. Returning for it's third year, the Avatars of War contest is always one of our most popular due to the fantastic painter friendly miniatures they produce.

I'm sure you need no encouragement to enter but to sweeten the deal how about a prize or two?

1st - 5 Avatars of War Miniatures
2nd - 4 Avatars Of War Miniatures
3rd - 3 Avatars Of War Miniatures

The Deadline for entries will be 27th April 2011
(Supporters deadline will be 30th April 2011)

The rules:

You must be a Wamp Member to participate. Membership is free and you may register here. (http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/register.php)
You may enter as many times as you like but each entry may only submit one photograph so if you need more angles it MUST be a montage.
Images must be no larger than 800 pixels wide by 2500 pixels high. (It is your responsibility to check this).
any additional photographs of that entry will be removed.
All entries must be new work. (New work is defined as any entry not previously displayed on-line in a completed state (You MAY enter pieces which have been shown as a Work In Progress (WIP)).
You give Wamp and Avatars of War permission to use your pictures for publicity (but you do retain ownership).
You may post pictures of WIP or final shots both here and elsewhere.
Judging will be decided by public vote.
Submissions must be posted to the Avatars of War album (http://www.wamp-forum.com/photopost/g718-avatars-of-war-2011.html)

You may enter a single miniature,diorama full 300 piece battle scene - whatever you like as long as its inherently Avatars of War.

Please folks make sure you read the rules (especially the new work one!!)

I know there have been issues with prizes been delayed in the previous contest. I have asked for the prizes to be sent to me and I shall send them out to the winners.

So there you are folks. Avatars of War are great mini's to paint so hopefully we can get a good turn out once again and surpass the 16 entries we got last year.

As always any questions feel free to contact me.

If you cant get hold of a mini post a thread up - there's probably a few Wampers that can spare one for a little cash or swapsies!

Avatars Of War Website (http://www.avatars-of-war.com)

thanks

Brett

War Griffon
09-03-2011, 09:22 PM
I haven't even started a figure for the McVey contest yet!!!!

Sparks
09-03-2011, 09:41 PM
Ooh ooh yes please! Was thinking of entering the Shaman I'd converted for my 40k Orks, but seeing as that's not really in keeping with AoW, time to go model hunting!

Joek
09-03-2011, 09:45 PM
If anyone's got that Barbarian figure lurking around and has no use for it, I'd be more than happy to take it off someone's hands :) . Happy to give cold, hard cash or possibly some sort of trade...for some reason I have an awful lot of JoeK Minis around :p

skippen
09-03-2011, 09:45 PM
We will see if I finish the one for McVey, but the best way to get better is to do these contests I think.

MaGie
09-03-2011, 10:26 PM
Very nice! I really liked many entries in last year's contest :) Depending on if I get my order from CMON delivered in time, I'll paint up a dwarf for this one. Otherwise, I'll paint the big ugly goblin king.

pae
09-03-2011, 11:00 PM
Between McVey, PaintWars, this, and whatever else I end up doing, I foresee a busy painting schedule ahead. Good thing I've cut back on the WoW.

Lomar4976
09-03-2011, 11:02 PM
I've ordered a mini from the AOW range, so might find that I'll have something to submit for this one.

megazord_man
09-03-2011, 11:19 PM
Just placed an order for one myself. Looking forward to entering my first proper painting competition.

184Pioneer
10-03-2011, 12:15 AM
Hi all, been a while since I posted on here, but I have been lurking! The Avatars of War range is just too nice to pass up, so I think I just might have to paint something up for it...

Shades
10-03-2011, 02:41 AM
I need to add a Lizardman General to my new Lizardman army. And I have an Avatars of War blister sitting right here beside me at my assembly table........

NeatPete
10-03-2011, 04:47 AM
oh man... I love you and hate you all at the same time Brett! I need to focus, but these contests are so great.

skippen
10-03-2011, 06:19 AM
Ordered my mini this evening.

Darklord
10-03-2011, 08:31 AM
Ooh ooh yes please! Was thinking of entering the Shaman I'd converted for my 40k Orks, but seeing as that's not really in keeping with AoW, time to go model hunting!

The rule is there more that its still recognisable that its a avatars of war mini to begin with. Changing to sci fi isnt a problem - sounds rather cool in fact.

Nameless
10-03-2011, 09:29 AM
I got my Little Angels prize from them recently, so I think I'm in :)
btw, I have two dwarfs I could possibly swap for some other minis.

RogerB
10-03-2011, 09:42 AM
If anyone's got that Barbarian figure lurking around and has no use for it, I'd be more than happy to take it off someone's hands :) . Happy to give cold, hard cash or possibly some sort of trade...for some reason I have an awful lot of JoeK Minis around :p

You're in luck as I have a spare barbarian.

Darklord
10-03-2011, 10:00 AM
You're in luck as I have a spare barbarian.
Only if you'll part with it. Otherwise its just cruel!

War Griffon
10-03-2011, 10:03 AM
Roger. I contacted Joe last night and have a Barbarian ready to go into the post to him.

Sorry I should have said something in this thread earlier.

weareblind
10-03-2011, 11:25 AM
Ah! I've never partecipated a contest - no time and no skill - but this time here I am. A couple of months ago I bought two miniatures from AoW (very gentle people - they were a little bit in late with my order and they sent to me a brief explanation about the cause).

Darklord
10-03-2011, 12:34 PM
Ah! I've never partecipated a contest - no time and no skill

nothing wrong with your painting mate and any entry that is put in is appreciated regardless of 'how good it is or isnt'

nathanr
10-03-2011, 02:11 PM
Good timing, my Avatars of War stuff from Little Angels just arrived yesterday! I'm going to try painting up the Lizardman Character. It will be a new thing for me because I don't have a lizardman army and I've never painted anything like that. Painting a model just for the sake of painting it - yikes!

Darklord
10-03-2011, 02:18 PM
Gallery is now open:

Put your most awesome of Avatars entries in here for lots of mini loving groupies to admire your skillz (http://www.wamp-forum.com/photopost/g718-avatars-of-war-2011.html)

Mananarepublic
10-03-2011, 07:57 PM
Very exciting stuff - this is a good reason to finally get some AoW stuff!

/M

ScottRadom
11-03-2011, 12:08 AM
Awesome! I gotta think on which mini to paint. Part of me would like to do the goblin king again... Hmm.... gotta thinkagate this one.

Kathie von Vhoorl
11-03-2011, 04:22 AM
Yay! I want to join. I have never been in a painting contest and this sounds like fun. I just need to find an Avatars of War miniature that I like and get it ordered. :)

skippen
11-03-2011, 04:41 AM
Is there a gallery of last year's competition? I don't see it.

weareblind
11-03-2011, 09:33 AM
Yay! I want to join. I have never been in a painting contest and this sounds like fun.
:I_agree: me too

War Griffon
11-03-2011, 09:43 AM
Awesome! I gotta think on which mini to paint. Part of me would like to do the goblin king again... Hmm.... gotta thinkagate this one.

I think it should be written into the rules that you CAN NOT do the Goblin King again and therefore must choose something different this time :smile:

War Griffon
11-03-2011, 09:53 AM
Is there a gallery of last year's competition? I don't see it.

Last years AoW competition Gallery can be found HERE (http://www.wamp-forum.com/photopost/g593-avatars-of-war-2010.html) enjoy :smile:

Iacton
11-03-2011, 10:24 AM
One that I'm going to give a miss.
After Salute I shall be beginning the Maelstrom and Dark Sword ones, hopefully with both done in time for Wamp2011, then Hasslefree and KD, with Euro stuff to do too in time for September!

MaGie
11-03-2011, 07:17 PM
I received my dwarf berserker today :wink: incredibly fast!
What's funny is that I decided beforehand that I would like to cut off the mohawk, because I like it more without. Turns out the mohawk is a separate piece, so no cutting involved. Great!

Darklord
11-03-2011, 07:30 PM
Yay! I want to join. I have never been in a painting contest and this sounds like fun.

They are. All nice and friendly and if you stick up a WIP thread your fellow competitors will even happily help you out if you wish.

@Radom - gotta do him again mate - do him once every year then in 50 years you can make a cool slideshow showing your skills increase before the cataracts and alzeihmers kicks in and they start to look like poo

deadmilkman
12-03-2011, 06:23 AM
id love to be part of this:)

ordered me some aow models yesterday!

ive been out of painting for a year,so what better way to get back into the habit again!

also awsome work to all that entered last year!!

Darklord
12-03-2011, 10:21 AM
id love to be part of this:)

Good man! Oh and :madhouse:

Vern
12-03-2011, 02:59 PM
I wonder if I'll finally do my AoW mini from two years ago :rolleyes:

@deadmilkman :Wamp:

countersunk81
12-03-2011, 04:25 PM
Phew, the deadline isn't crazy-close to Salute, so I reckon I'll be giving this one a go...

Joek
13-03-2011, 10:37 PM
Well, fingers crossed I will pop my WAMP cherry with this comp. After Martyn kindly sent me the barbarian figure, I think I've got an idea of that to do...

Darklord
14-03-2011, 05:48 PM
Well, fingers crossed I will pop my WAMP cherry with this comp.

:horro:

Sparks
15-03-2011, 01:58 AM
Still deciding on a figure for this one. So many nice choices... might go for a double whammy with the converted Ork and a more traditional unconverted model with a sweet base :D (Plus if Scott's out, gives us a fighting chance ;))

king kender
15-03-2011, 09:45 AM
Hi, just posted my entry on the linked gallery
I hope is correct :-

Just a questione: Can I show my mini in other forum now or I have to wait for the contest end?

Thnks so much!

Darklord
15-03-2011, 10:32 AM
Just a questione: Can I show my mini in other forum now or I have to wait for the contest end?

yep show away.

Though there is nothing in the gallery. Try uploading again - if you have problems let me know

king kender
15-03-2011, 10:43 AM
ops sorry maybe i've lost some uploading step -_-"

IThink it's correct now http://www.wamp-forum.com/photopost/g718-avatars-of-war-2011.html

thnks for the answer :-)

Darklord
15-03-2011, 10:45 AM
Yep thats in fine. Nice Entry

king kender
15-03-2011, 10:58 AM
thnk u :-)

aphorys
23-03-2011, 09:28 PM
good job
great start for this contest¨!

:cool:

Darklord
23-03-2011, 09:32 PM
good job
great start for this contest¨!

:cool:

:Wamp:

deadmilkman
27-03-2011, 02:06 PM
my models have arived....now to make a base...will post a pic of updatws soon:)

Darklord
27-03-2011, 05:06 PM
my models have arived....now to make a base...will post a pic of updatws soon:)

look forward to them mate

Darklord
30-03-2011, 02:54 PM
Just to let you know I have just received the prizes so no worries on delays this time!!

Oh and for each entry you put in you will recieve aa exclusive to Wamp voucher for free shipping off your next Avatars of War order

NeatPete
30-03-2011, 05:08 PM
Will be entering this for sure. Already have paint on the model.

Joek
30-03-2011, 05:12 PM
Well, that orc from King Kender is absolutely lovely - really must start word on my figure. Argh! So little time (well, not exactly, but what with everythiing else...)!

three little pigs
30-03-2011, 06:21 PM
Just to let you know I have just received the prizes so no worries on delays this time!!

Not exactly I thought I would have a crack fer sh*ts n gig's and put in an order, two and half weeks later (nearer to 3) zip! I'll have something for next year though, and my painting will prolly have improved to :rolleyes:

3lp

Darklord
30-03-2011, 06:55 PM
Not exactly I thought I would have a crack fer sh*ts n gig's and put in an order, two and half weeks later (nearer to 3) zip! I'll have something for next year though, and my painting will prolly have improved to :rolleyes:

3lp

Its further to Oz though , maybe the postie got tired

NeatPete
30-03-2011, 07:09 PM
or stopped for some shrimp on the barbie

mule
30-03-2011, 07:09 PM
Speaking of shipping goods to Oz, when are us Aussies going to be able to purchase WAMP Shirts?

Darklord
30-03-2011, 07:38 PM
Speaking of shipping goods to Oz, when are us Aussies going to be able to purchase WAMP Shirts?

I'm looking into an alternative supplier for some official shirts. These would be with embroidered logos instead, hopefully I can find one that covers worldwide shipping.
I assume you mean the shirts with the wamp logo on and not the others?

Endor
01-04-2011, 07:44 PM
Hm. Maybe entering a competition like this could be a good way of pushing myself a bit? And I do have a couple of light elves in a box somewhere... Well, if the hard reality of a demanding job, wife and two little terrorists can be set aside just for long enough to splash some paint on one of the elves, I'm in.

Darklord
01-04-2011, 07:50 PM
Hm. Maybe entering a competition like this could be a good way of pushing myself a bit? And I do have a couple of light elves in a box somewhere... Well, if the hard reality of a demanding job, wife and two little terrorists can be set aside just for long enough to splash some paint on one of the elves, I'm in.

Good man. Its a great contest to enter (and you'll get a free shipping voucher for your troubles!) Dont be afraid to pop up a WIP thread if it helps - even fellow competitors will gladly give you advice on here

ScottRadom
02-04-2011, 03:31 PM

That's my exact situation! Except i htink my kids actually are terrorists. I was cleaning out their room and I found a stockpile of fertilizer and a real shoddy looking detonator. I mean... you should have seen thins piece of crap! Just ridiculous work, even for a 6 year old. Lego case to house the electronics and... get this.... ALUMINUM WIRING!!!!! What was he thinking!

Welcome aboard and good luck on the entry. I am hoping to completely dominate the event, but we'll see.

Darklord
02-04-2011, 03:37 PM
. I am hoping to completely dominate the event, but we'll see.

Well you dominate Canada so this should'nt be a problem

MiniT
03-04-2011, 05:19 AM
I am new to this site. My name is MINI T. You can check out some of my stuff on my blog: http://minitsminis.blogspot.com/
I was wondering how to download my Avatar pics for the contest. Thanks

shanerozzell
03-04-2011, 01:46 PM
Welcome to WAMP MiniT:) if you head over to the AOW gallery by clicking here (http://www.wamp-forum.com/photopost/g718-avatars-of-war-2011.html) then just under the scrolling banner on the far right of the page you'll see a link to upload your pics. Remember there is a size limit to the images which is 800 pixels wide by 3100 high. It's pretty straight forward from there in:)

Good luck and I'll look forward to seeing your entry

Endor
03-04-2011, 04:19 PM
That's my exact situation! Except i htink my kids actually are terrorists. I was cleaning out their room and I found a stockpile of fertilizer and a real shoddy looking detonator. I mean... you should have seen thins piece of crap! Just ridiculous work, even for a 6 year old. Lego case to house the electronics and... get this.... ALUMINUM WIRING!!!!! What was he thinking!

Welcome aboard and good luck on the entry. I am hoping to completely dominate the event, but we'll see.

Fantastic! Just wait until the engineering skills improve... Maybe you can start a family business and aim to dominate the world, lol ;)

MiniT
05-04-2011, 04:31 AM
This is my first online competion. Thank you for the help.

Welcome to WAMP MiniT:) if you head over to the AOW gallery by clicking here (http://www.wamp-forum.com/photopost/g718-avatars-of-war-2011.html) then just under the scrolling banner on the far right of the page you'll see a link to upload your pics. Remember there is a size limit to the images which is 800 pixels wide by 3100 high. It's pretty straight forward from there in:)

Good luck and I'll look forward to seeing your entry

three little pigs
05-04-2011, 06:00 AM

On sending A of W an email last night to enquire as to my prospective entry I was promptly informed that the postman has yet to be burdened by my purchases. That is over three weeks since ordering, thanking them for suppoting the comp/forum and noting I required the figures for the upcoming wamp comp! It took 4 days for WarLord Games to lob a parcel on my doorstep. Like I said earlier next year....... maybe. :rolleyes:

megazord_man
07-04-2011, 09:41 PM
Thought I would get in early with my first ever Wamp competition entry since I've just uploaded the pictures of my barbarian. I hope you like him. I must say that it's been such a refreshing change to paint something different - this is the first non-green flesh I've ever painted other than a single pink face and is also my first non-GW figure. Cheers!

Darklord
08-04-2011, 12:10 AM
Good man! looks nice - best of luck (still time to get another couple of entries in!

MiniT
08-04-2011, 07:17 PM
Call me inept but wat are you using to resize your images? I am having a "heck" of a time.:mad:

Darklord
08-04-2011, 07:24 PM
download picasa free program and handy without been too complicated. Once you have it and your photo on it go to File then export to folder - the box brings up a resize to option - use that.
You can also go for another free prgram called Gimp - basically like a free version of Photoshop. Theres plenty of tutorials on that about the site

megazord_man
08-04-2011, 07:26 PM
Call me inept but wat are you using to resize your images? I am having a "heck" of a time.:mad:

I used something free called Irfranview, very easy to use and do stuff on. There's also something called GIMP that's very well described in issue 7 and 8 of the Portal. You should check it out as you'll find some fantastic info there!

MiniT
08-04-2011, 08:17 PM
Thank you for all of your help guys! This is great. :grin
My pic is there.

nathanr
13-04-2011, 08:01 PM
I just started painting my mini last night! I got a little carried away because there are still a couple of gaps to fill and I don't have any greenstuff but I started base-coating to get an idea as to what colors I wanted and before I knew it I was putting final highlights on the skin! Oh well, I'll probably have to go back and re-do a bunch of stuff after I fill the gaps but it felt good to be painting again.

Darklord
14-04-2011, 08:48 AM
it felt good to be painting again.

good man! Glad you've entered I enjoyed your diorama you did for Little Angels

king kender
14-04-2011, 09:29 AM
C'mon guys just a couple of weeks until the end of the contest
Good luck to all of you!

Sparks
17-04-2011, 02:18 PM
Just got my three possible entries sprayed, had a lot of fun creating the bases and going to try something very different for one of them! Don't expect pics till next week though as I'm off on holiday tonight till Friday (seriously eating into painting time!)

Joek
17-04-2011, 07:51 PM
Despite Martyn reminding me of the comp date, and worrying me somewhat at Salute, there's a small chance I might actually get it done. Well, I've managed to put the damn thing together with some very small pinning, and I always think this is a jolly good start. Started sculpting the base too...

Daemonslave
19-04-2011, 05:02 PM
Just uploaded mine - I joined the site just to have a go (any excuse to get me painting).

Good luck everyone!

Darklord
21-04-2011, 09:31 AM
less than 1 week to go folks.

ogreninja
21-04-2011, 10:19 AM
nearly finished mine back to the brushes this morning me thinks

Joek
21-04-2011, 10:22 AM
Well, I put my one up there :) . Really fun to do! Definitely had the momentum with it though - which might have been slightly to the detriment of the smoothness, but I'm happy enough with him :p

ogreninja
21-04-2011, 12:43 PM
wahoo finished and uploaded

Joek
21-04-2011, 01:32 PM
This might be a silly question, but now that I've uploaded the finished piece, can I show it elsewhere? I know we were allowed to with WIPs, but I'm nothing if not a shamelessly publicity whore and want to pimp it around? Obviously won't do until I know though!

NeatPete
21-04-2011, 05:19 PM
once it has been submitted here on WAMP, you are free to post it around the interwebz.

Joek
21-04-2011, 05:37 PM
Jolly good :)

three little pigs
22-04-2011, 01:42 AM
should I email them again?

Darklord
22-04-2011, 10:04 AM
should I email them again?
I would they are normally pretty good

Landreth
23-04-2011, 01:55 AM
Uploaded my entry. I'll try to paint second AoW mini, that time painted with metallics.

Sparks
23-04-2011, 02:31 PM
Some impressive entries here guys! I should have the bases done on mine, and then we'll see if the models themselves get done afterwards!

weareblind
23-04-2011, 04:30 PM
Sorry guys, a month without brushes. So, I posted a very simple pic of a Deamon Champion (a friend of mine said to me to use Gimp2 to link pics in a single file, but I found no time...).
I'll see my PC next week.
So, everyone of you, have a good Easter!

Joek
23-04-2011, 10:00 PM
Uploaded my entry. I'll try to paint second AoW mini, that time painted with metallics.

No! Don't do that! The first one you've entered is too good! Love it to bits :)

MiniT
24-04-2011, 04:19 AM
Wierd question, I have been told to get a bigger pic for the contest. If I upload another pic, can I get the first deleted?
It will be the same pic just bigger.
Let me know.

Darklord
25-04-2011, 10:18 AM
2 days left to get those entries in folks

Darklord
25-04-2011, 10:23 AM
@ Mint yeah but a replacement pic up and delete the first one

nathanr
25-04-2011, 10:04 PM
I've got mine done, hopefully I'll get pictures tonight. It didn't turn out as good as I wanted but it was nice to paint again. I'm going to have to do some more soon!

MiniT
26-04-2011, 03:23 AM
I uploaded new pic but cant delete other.

Darklord
26-04-2011, 03:51 PM
I uploaded new pic but cant delete other.

go to edit photo and the option should be in there - if not Ill do it when entries close

bachtere
26-04-2011, 04:42 PM
Just uploaded my shaman. First AOW I've painted, nice mini, nice details. Thanks for having this contest.

Now, to finish up my purple Arachnarok.

Darklord
26-04-2011, 05:39 PM
Nice work and welcome to the Wamp

DaveyBoy
27-04-2011, 01:08 AM
Just uploaded my entry - The Goblin King. As with bachtere this is also the first AOW mini I have painted but I am sure it won't be my last.
Goog luck to everyone

ScottRadom
27-04-2011, 05:37 AM
Welcome and some nice work in that gallery so far.

I can't believe I have so much left to paint on my mini aftger workingon it for so long. I remember when I could NOT imagine spending more than 3 or 4 hours on a single mini! Man... yikes. It's gonna take every second of my supporter deadline to get this thingy done.

Endor
27-04-2011, 08:41 AM
Maybe you'll end up having to rush it a bit like some other contestants I can think of ;) Anyway, all the best with your entry - from what I have seen of the Wip shots it'll be a strong entry.

Darklord
27-04-2011, 10:36 AM
Last few hours to get those entries in (if your struggling becoming a supporter gets you an extra 3 days

aphorys
27-04-2011, 11:19 AM
At the last moment but i finished my mini

Great job for all

Congratulation!

Endor
27-04-2011, 04:35 PM
Hi there, how does the voting work for the competitions?

Sparks
27-04-2011, 08:29 PM
Just to check the deadline(been screwed out of two online comps recently thanks to not understanding deadlines!), is it 11:59 Saturday night, or 11:59 Friday night? Other comps have not really been explicit (saying midnight, which to my mind is the end of the date mentioned, not the start!). Done a bit more on mine, trying out different techniques and stuff. Will hopefully have two entries sorted by the deadline whatever it may be!

pirosbicikli
27-04-2011, 11:58 PM
some real quality paintings up there in the gallery, I am really happy to see that. Good luck to all!

Darklord
28-04-2011, 08:48 AM
DEADLINE HAS PASSED! but supporters you have 3 days left to get those entries in.

@Sparks - midnight at the end of the stated day

aphorys
28-04-2011, 09:25 AM
hi
i have post mi mini yesterday, the marauder, but the pictures is very small (i do a error):confused:
you can look more details here, if you want, just for making a com.
http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m513/aphorys/IMG_0001.jpg
http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m513/aphorys/IMG_0005.jpg
http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m513/aphorys/IMG_0007.jpg
http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m513/aphorys/IMG_0009.jpg
http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m513/aphorys/IMG_0003.jpg

thank

Darklord
28-04-2011, 01:59 PM
hi
i have post mi mini yesterday, the marauder, but the pictures is very small (i do a error):confused:

The picture is too big so the software shrinks it - make sure its no bigger than 800px wide and 2500px high then it will show full size - If your quick you can reupload a correct sized picture and Ill sort it

mule
28-04-2011, 03:17 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!
Finally I got something into a contest...:06:

Sparks
29-04-2011, 01:05 AM
Well, got a bit of extended free time this evening, so one entry is nearly done. Will see what happens tomorrow and Saturday now! (pics up in my WIP thread)

ScottRadom
30-04-2011, 12:50 AM
Allright! Done! It's in the freezer for an hour, then picture time. This was a lot of hours into this mini. I'd guess at around 30 or so. Maybe more.

ScottRadom
30-04-2011, 04:58 AM
Allright, done and in!

Darklord
30-04-2011, 09:40 AM
why have you put it in the freezer? does that get you a better score on coolmini?

Joek
30-04-2011, 09:41 AM
Brett - it makes it extra cool!

Sorry, it's early....I'll get my coat right now.

Darklord
30-04-2011, 09:53 AM
Brett - it makes it extra cool!

Sorry, it's early....I'll get my coat right now.

I know - man you leave people a carrot and they ruin it!

Darklord
30-04-2011, 12:32 PM
just over 12 hours to get those entries in folks

MaGie
30-04-2011, 12:45 PM
Mine's finished! Pics will be up soon.

ScottRadom
30-04-2011, 03:19 PM
why have you put it in the freezer? does that get you a better score on coolmini?

I suppose it did sound retarded. I mount my mini's on a wooden block for painting and I use a hot glue gun. If I toss the mini in the freezer for an hour the glue gets brittle and I can just pop it off easy times.

Vern
30-04-2011, 03:28 PM
I suppose it did sound retarded. I mount my mini's on a wooden block for painting and I use a hot glue gun. If I toss the mini in the freezer for an hour the glue gets brittle and I can just pop it off easy times.

Interesting - might try that

Darklord
30-04-2011, 04:14 PM
do you not pin your minis? I do for them all so put the pin into the mini then just push this into a wine cork glued to a 25mm round base - cheap and easy to hold - no faffiing with glue or freezers

ScottRadom
30-04-2011, 04:27 PM
I do pin my mini's to the base on occasion. I like having something bulkier than a cork or pin vice to paint with though.

I like to integrate my mini's onto their base as early as possible (usually) so I took to this route. I think I saw it first in a thread Liz was doing way back in da day. It's really no trouble. In the freezer for an hour, put my GW sculpting tool under the mini and POP! It comes off pretty easy. Usually...

Darklord
01-05-2011, 08:39 AM
deadeadline has passed voting will open tomorrow

Endor
01-05-2011, 12:22 PM
Maybe I sound stupid, but as it is my first competition ever, I'll risk the ridicule ;)

How does the voting work?

Darklord
01-05-2011, 03:48 PM
Maybe I sound stupid, but as it is my first competition ever, I'll risk the ridicule ;)

How does the voting work?

No worries buddy.
Voting is a poll vote you will get three votes to cast for your favourite three minis - once votings closed the winners are those with most votes

MiniT
03-05-2011, 04:53 AM
When do we vote?:smile:

Darklord
03-05-2011, 09:46 AM
the voting is already open mate: http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showthread.php?7024-Avatars-of-War-2011-Voting