PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Provisional Schedule

Darklord
18-02-2011, 06:12 PM
Ok folks, I like to let you know of the contest as soon as I can to give you maximum time to get your minis in ready.
As always this is PROVISIONAL so is subject to change until the contest is officially announced. Obviously individual rules and prize levels will be announced for each contest when appropriate.
So heres the plan as it stands:

(Most contest dates will be for the end of the month)

March - Studio McVey
April - Avatars of War
May - Maelstrom Games
June - Darksword
July - Warlord Games
August - Hasslefree
September - Kingdom Death
October - Redbox Games
November - Ironwind Metals
December - Wamped!

A few notes:

The Maelstrom Games contest will be a slightly different format to the usual one - details on that will follow in the next couple of weeks but its a good one.

I know there have been issues with Avatars of War and prizes but I am satisfied these have been sorted and won't be repeated. To make sure I have asked for the prizes to be sent to me prior to the contest so you know they are there ready to be sent straight away so I hope that appeases any worries.

Wamped! will most likely be revamped slightly. It will still feature lots of sponsors as per this year but will focus on more generic categories such as best fantasy, sci-fi,monster,vehicle,etc to offer more scope but will still have spot prizes for specific manufacturers.

As I said these are all provisional until an individual contest is announced but gives you an idea of what to plan for! This list won't be publicised anywhere else so gives you guys a heads up!

As always any questions feel free to ask.

Brett

shanerozzell
18-02-2011, 06:26 PM
Excellent. Looks like another years a fun, frolicks and figure purchasing (like we needed an excuse:redface:)

War Griffon
18-02-2011, 06:48 PM
Some interesting ones amongst those, thanks DL :smile:

Orki
18-02-2011, 06:59 PM
Nice one ta, Brett. I shall no doubt be up for entering a couple of them. :)

And I like the sound of the Wamped! changes too. I seems it would be better than every other entry going in general, as it is now.

MaGie
18-02-2011, 07:03 PM
Great list Brett! There's definitely a few I'll have my go at ;)

RogerB
18-02-2011, 07:52 PM
Hmm, I'll have one month to finish my AoW barbarian. Nope, can't be done unfortunately. Maybe that'll be an entry for Wamped.

Darklord
18-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Hmm, I'll have one month to finish my AoW barbarian. Nope, can't be done unfortunately. Maybe that'll be an entry for Wamped.

how have you only got a month? Do Calendars work different in Chesterfield?

RogerB
18-02-2011, 07:58 PM
Actually, 2 months, yes, if the deadline is the end of April. The rest of this month is painting the base for my Wamped entry.

Ulfgrimr
18-02-2011, 08:29 PM
Many thanks Brett, looks like a great year ahead.

Nameless
18-02-2011, 08:44 PM
not good, too many contests I'd like to enter... McVey, AoW, RBG, HF, KD, most probably Maelstrom and Wamped too...
any hint on the November comp?

warhammergrimace
18-02-2011, 08:51 PM
I think I'll be entering these;

# June - Warlord Games
# July - Redbox Games
# August - Hasslefree
# September - Kingdom Death

Captain Sprout
18-02-2011, 09:00 PM
Very nice, loads of work to pull that off DL, nice one.

In Chigh
18-02-2011, 09:54 PM
Thanks for giving us plenty of notice. Knowing my past history with deadlines i think i will start work on some pieces this week....

Or maybe i could enter the Warlord piece i failed to get finished for last years comp. :wink:

Shaps
18-02-2011, 10:03 PM
thats really handy as im a complete tight arse when it comes to buying minis so at least i know what to get if i fancy a go at one of these !!

Darklord
19-02-2011, 10:00 AM
any hint on the November comp?

no sorry!! I have left a space as I am in discussions with a couple of major sponsors to see if we can get one of them involved.

By the way there will also be contest involvement from Morland Studios, EFS and Joek as well as a few others from this years Wamped! contest.

Iacton
19-02-2011, 10:16 AM
March - Studio McVey - Yes! Definitely
April - Avatars of War - No, Salute and post Salute anathema
May - Maelstrom Games - Maybe something PP for this...?
June - Warlord Games - Not unless a buy something from Warlord at Salute
July - Redbox Games - Might be shamed into buying something from Mr Manor! :rolleyes:
August - Hasslefree - Absolutely, yes.
September - Kingdom Death - Ditto
October - Ironwind Metals - Unlikely, plus post Euro anathema
November - TBC - Who knows?!
December - Wamped! - Ja!

So there :tongue:

waghorn41
19-02-2011, 10:16 AM
Well after the disaster that befell me for the last KD comp I'm now working on this years entry.

Vern
20-02-2011, 09:44 PM
Good stuff, hopefully I'll enter one or two

ogreninja
20-02-2011, 10:15 PM
March - Studio McVey :sadly not
April - Avatars of War :planning my entry now ;)
May - Maelstrom Games : maybe
June - Warlord Games : nope
July - Redbox Games : would be rude not to
August - Hasslefree : yup
September - Kingdom Death : sadly not finishing gd entries
October - Ironwind Metals : possibly
November - TBC :will wait and see
December - Wamped! :yeah

thanks for posting the list will be keeping and eye out for november

pae
21-02-2011, 09:54 PM
Several that I am definitely interested in, and a few that I'm not. That's a good thing though. Too many contests would certainly burn me out really quickly.

MaGie
21-02-2011, 10:02 PM
Oh shoot! I just realized I won't be around for the Red Box Games contest. Will be doing some fieldwork in the US, which is great! But not that I should miss the contest. Are we allowed to enter before the contest actually starts?

pae
21-02-2011, 10:13 PM
You probably could paint the figure before the contest starts, but post pictures once it actually happens. DL would be able to say for sure. Where in the US are you going?

MaGie
21-02-2011, 10:46 PM
You probably could paint the figure before the contest starts, but post pictures once it actually happens. DL would be able to say for sure. Where in the US are you going?

Good idea!
The plan is to make a road trip from Florida up to the Canadian border, across the eastern coast and the Appalachian mountains :D

NeatPete
21-02-2011, 11:51 PM
many thanks Brett! This looks like a great line up you've set for us. 2011 looks like it will truely "go to eleven!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeOXsA8sp_E

Darklord
25-02-2011, 03:28 PM
Ok folks the schedule has been changed slightly and another new sponsor is confirmed.

Darksword Miniatures will be sponsoring a contest for us with some really cracking prizes up for grabs. Darksword have a massive range as it is one of the most well known brands in the hobby, should be a great contest.

Darksword will be due to finish in June with Warlord moved to July. Redbox moves to October and Ironwind to November.

This should be the final line up for the stand alone contests. Obviously Wamped! will have multiple sponsors confirmed in time as well. Already we have Morland Studios, EFS and Joek miniatures all involved in that with more to come

Iacton
25-02-2011, 03:35 PM
F*** yeah! In for this, I reckon.

Darklord
25-02-2011, 03:57 PM
F*** yeah! In for this, I reckon.

I take that as a maybe?

pae
25-02-2011, 04:14 PM
Definitely in for a Darksword contest.

Iacton
25-02-2011, 04:18 PM
I take that as a maybe?

Well, I took the step of buying a dark sword model from CMON just recently, so it gives me the perfect excuse to paint it :wink:

Could you get poupee canope to sponsor, and andrea, and maow minis? All before September ideally... It'll keep me on track with the other competitions that I've already "committed" to, and you can feel a personal sense of pride in helping keep me on track!

Darklord
25-02-2011, 04:27 PM
Could you get poupee canope to sponsor, and andrea, and maow minis? All before September ideally...

Andrea have already been approached.

The problem I have is not just 'selling' the site to companies (which is starting to get easier as our reputation grows) but just getting a reply from them. I can send 10 emails to some people before I get a reply (and those are the ones that take the time to reply!!) Hasslefree have been courted for 2 years before I trapped em!

There are certainly a few companies on my 'hit list' though and I'll keep trying!

Iacton
25-02-2011, 04:35 PM
Well, if you don't get Andrea itself, I guess that maybe you could try someone like El Greco and/or Steve Kirtley?

Darklord
25-02-2011, 04:39 PM
Well, if you don't get Andrea itself, I guess that maybe you could try someone like El Greco and/or Steve Kirtley?

both were involved in Litle Angels and El Greco again with Wamped!

There may be further involvements in the future too hopefully

waghorn41
25-02-2011, 09:06 PM
Darksword ! Great news, I have a few of their minis just waiting for brush time :biggrin:

And theyr'e my favourite mini company...

seasonman
25-02-2011, 09:19 PM
Nice planning D L looks a full year hope to get as much notice as poss as no stock to date .. !! working on it .. lol Once again thanks for all your hard work done for Wampers.

pae
23-03-2011, 10:57 PM
Ok
The Maelstrom Games contest will be a slightly different format to the usual one - details on that will follow in the next couple of weeks but its a good one.

Any updates on the Maelstrom Games contest?

Darklord
24-03-2011, 12:43 AM
Any updates on the Maelstrom Games contest?

nothing yet I will officially launch it once the McVey contest is sorted. Will be preety similar to the normal format except WAMP2011 attendees get twice the chance to win some prizes

Tabris
25-03-2011, 08:58 PM
I'll probably join into the Maelstrom Games contest. Hope the rules are published soon so i can buy the figure. I'm a long time client of them and they did much for miniature gaming and wargaming here in Brazil, even tough they never set foot here. I could say that the brazilian community could not exist at all if not for Maelstrom's free shipping, patience and willingness to listen.

Darklord
25-03-2011, 09:11 PM
the event will be open to any Bane legions models (monster or lord)

MamaGeek
13-09-2011, 06:10 PM
So, how are the talks going for 2012? Any chance of an Andrea Miniatures contest? They make some truly beautiful models.