PDA

View Full Version : AUSCON - 30/4/2011 - Brisbane

Vern
08-02-2011, 04:59 PM
AUSCON will be a real breath of fresh air for the Australian Gaming and Hobby scene. Running from 30th April to 2nd May 2011 with three full days and two nights of gaming, painting displays, seminars, retail areas, hobby displays, board games, card games and all in a professional, air-conditioned and licensed venue! We want to break the mould of gaming in Australia. Bring fresh and vibrant activity to both table top gaming and miniature painting.

So, whether you want to enter your favourite model in the Wizards of OZ painting competition, try your hand at games you've never seen before or enter one of the war gaming tournaments AUSCON is for you.

Bring the whole family, there will be something for everyone.
We can't wait to see you there.

http://www.auscongames.com.au/index.php

& It's at
RNA Showgrounds
Gregory Terrace
Bowen Hills, Brisbane

.... but the real news is, Steampunk Dorothy by Seb Archer :cool:
http://www.guildofharmony.com/gallery/automaton/greens/AUSCON_Dorothy.jpg

The figure will be available as a limited edition resin at this year's (2011) AUSCON. There will only be 150 resin casts publicly available, and they will only be available for purchase in person at AUSCON. Following the event, there are plans to cast the figure in metal, and sell it through this site as part of the Guild of Harmony range :biggrin:

War Griffon
08-02-2011, 05:03 PM
Love that figure :smile: I shall be waiting impatiently for the general release.

Didn't know Seb had started sculpting.

Darklord
08-02-2011, 05:34 PM
Didn't know Seb had started sculpting.

He sculpted the whole of the Guild of Harmony range

I really like this mini - best of the year so far

Ulfgrimr
08-02-2011, 08:52 PM
I'm getting more and more taken by Steampunk stuff, and this is fantastic. Like WG I shall eagerly anticipate the general release.

RogerB
08-02-2011, 08:56 PM
Oh boy, that's a very nice mini, possibly Seb's best so far. Good to see that the show escaped being cancelled by all the damage over there.

shanerozzell
08-02-2011, 09:48 PM
Yeah I really like that mini as well. :cool:

Captain Sprout
08-02-2011, 09:54 PM
Lovely mini, I love his models, he has a great style.

Vern
09-02-2011, 10:03 PM
& available on Friday (in limited quantities)

Pre-order starts at Midnight (AEST) Friday 11th Feb 2011.
They will be available in limited quantities and for a limited time from the AUSCON website.
They will cost $20 and will be limited to 2 per person.
Postage will depend on if you are in Australia or overseas

Noddwyr
09-02-2011, 10:08 PM
Very nice mini, great piece of sculpting. Would like one.

LOBO
29-04-2011, 05:07 PM
Have fun at the show this weekend. I wish I could go to that show. Can someone post up what the price of Steampunk Dorthy is available for?
Depending on the price, if someone wants to part with one I might be intrested. :wink:

Captain Sprout
30-04-2011, 12:40 PM
Have fun at the show this weekend. I wish I could go to that show. Can someone post up what the price of Steampunk Dorthy is available for?
Depending on the price, if someone wants to part with one I might be intrested. :wink:

She is no longer on the site for sale so it will probably be up to anyone who attends who wants to sell one.

Vern
30-04-2011, 02:35 PM

She was $20 with $10 postage(!) & she's extremely nice ... Seb is planning on releasing her (in metal) as part of his GoH range at some stage

LOBO
30-04-2011, 03:21 PM
I am out of luck like always when trying to get these figures....:frown: