PDA

View Full Version : Run out the guns! Time on target!

Undave
05-03-2009, 04:27 PM
ZOMG!!!!11!!!!11!!!!! but it's beautiful! Empire Total War kicks ultimate arse!
Rather than clog up the chalenge thread I've posted it here. First impressions are fatastic, even though I had a bit of a heart attack when my computer had a spaz the first time I tried to load it. After I did a restart and put stoopid steam on to offline mode it works fine. The game is like Imperial Glory except your ships don't go sailing off out of the engagement area if you don't keep constant watch on them. The land battles look damn nice as well. I accidentally overshot with one of my cannon and blew the crap out of some poor dago farmer's barn :lol

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/undave_album/ETW.jpg

This was me doing the tutorial ten minutes ago. The sun reflecting on the water is just superb. All the little sailors mill around doing what sailors do, there's even a marine standing on one of the fighting tops.

I'm going to have to really force myself to finish my ladder mini for the deadline on Saturday.

Vern
05-03-2009, 04:36 PM
Hmm - in Town tomorrow, might pop into Game, see whats what!

matty1001
05-03-2009, 05:46 PM
Supported OS: Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or Windows Vista™

Suppose I'l just stick to AoE 3 and Heroes of Might and Magic V

Peace and love...

Darklord
05-03-2009, 05:52 PM
aw man heroes of might and magic! i remember the first one on the megadrive, no saves just REALLY long passwords!
i'm trying to resist re-doing fallout3 a s a baddy until i have done some more on gta4 LBP motorstorm and pro evo oh and gran turismo and brain challenge. im just really starting to click with the paints right now though

matty1001
05-03-2009, 05:56 PM
Heroes of Might and Magic flipping rocks.

I think when 2 or 3 came out (I was 12) my mate got it for the PC. So about 8 of us would go to his on a Friday after school and play a huge 8 player game nonstop until Sunday morning.

Really fast at the start, then peoples turns start taking about 30mins to complete lol

It was like a Working Class ethernet party with only one computer.

Peace and love...

matty1001
07-03-2009, 01:07 AM
Just downloaded the demo on Laura's new laptop. Took ages having to go through all that Steam malarkey.

But my God is this a labour intensive game. I'v had to stick the settings on low just to make the load times drop to a decent level.

The Navel battles are ace, I love sweeping round the enemy ship changing the shot types, then ending up with them as sitting ducks as you take out the entire crew!

Can't get used to the camera though, do damn fiddly with all the different controls.

Peace and love...

Undave
07-03-2009, 02:04 AM
Well I'll give you one tip for free. Don't take on pirate fleets. I went up against a squadron of three and got minced. The two smaller ships got sunk early in the battle but the pirate flagship just sailed round and round blowing my fleet to bits. That one ship accounted for four of mine before I managed to force it to disengage. The bugger left me with one dismasted ship and another badly shot up one and then scarpered, there was no way I could catch him.