PDA

View Full Version : Gamezone

Darklord
27-02-2009, 02:20 PM
just been looking at the gamezone stuff and i cant choose what to do! i can see me trying to buy 3 different ones and breaking my neck to do them all!
anyone sorted for these minis?

Undave
27-02-2009, 02:52 PM
I still have no idea where I'm getting mine from yet. I Emailed Artemis Black but no reply yet. No surprise there then... I didn't really want to go for a foreign supplier as it bumps the postage up.

Darklord
27-02-2009, 02:57 PM
is fleabay any good for them ?

arctica
27-02-2009, 03:36 PM
gamezone stuff is usually quite expensive and lots of bidders on ebay, i'd recommend not to.

Darklord
27-02-2009, 03:40 PM
i think tonbo got some for hhis shop but the postage may not help us over here!

ScottRadom
27-02-2009, 03:51 PM
I got some from Fantization.com back when. I'd rather jerk off a angry grizzly then do business with that retard again though. I have based and primed ready to go....

Warrior priest mounted from Matty
2 goblin Fanatics

I will likely do for the contest a bunch of entries. The one I most want to do is the venerable mounted mage. I also got Gloria Invicta 'cause it looked so cool, but I don't know what I woudl do with it when finished.

DL-If it's an eBay route you wanna go when selling might I reccomend their Cold One rip offs or the Mounted Daemonette's? Seems those are what a lot of the gamers drool over.

Darklord
27-02-2009, 03:56 PM
i migt pump fo the venerable guy too, or one of he cold ones. need to have a proper look when i get chance

ScottRadom
27-02-2009, 03:57 PM
OI! I called dibs on the mage!

The stuff is a Beee-atch to put together.

Darklord
27-02-2009, 04:01 PM
ok now i found the mournful knight and sorceress on pegasus!

Undave
27-02-2009, 04:06 PM
Well I'm doing a Mournful Knight but even if Arty does bother to get in touch he hasn't got them on his webstore yet so I'm doubly buggered!

ScottRadom
27-02-2009, 04:08 PM
How about direct from GZ themselves?

Undave
27-02-2009, 04:14 PM
I hate it when postage costs more than the mini does :(

Darklord
27-02-2009, 04:21 PM
i'll get in touch with matthias and see if he can give me a supplier list

SilentBob
27-02-2009, 04:27 PM
I hate it when postage costs more than the mini does
+1 :(

yeah, I'm not sure where / how I'll get them yet. I'm waiting for my Wyrd ones to arrive first & then I'll see.

ScottRadom
27-02-2009, 04:35 PM
Just order a ton of stuff, that way postage is less of a factor vs. the cost per mini. Jeeziz people! Mountains out of mole hills!

CMON shop carries a bit of their range I think. I just point that out incase you wanted to piggyback the GZ stuff with some other manufacturers.

Darklord
27-02-2009, 04:46 PM
yeah i thought cmon shop but not much in.
couldnt get a list out of gamezone but it wasnt the nice guy i spoke to last time - some other dude, maybe the trainee!

Undave
27-02-2009, 05:00 PM
I just went to have a look at the Spanish GZ site to see if they ship any cheaper but apparently it's time to update their site, deeply :lmao:

Link (http://www.gamezoneminiatures.com/Sitio%20web/En%20blanco.html)

Anyone got a quick link to the German one as I can't be bothered to find it on google?

Darklord
27-02-2009, 05:04 PM
www.Gamezoneminiatures.de <--Shop
www.blog.gamezoneminiatures.de <-- News Blog
www.galerie.gamezoneminiatures.de <-- GZ Galerie

Undave
27-02-2009, 05:06 PM
Ta.

Edit: Thought so Mini 10 euros fixed rate shipping 13.50 euros. How about buying several people's as a job lot and then distributing them when they get here?

Darklord
27-02-2009, 05:08 PM
thanks

(sorry thought it was word association for a minute!)

Vern
27-02-2009, 05:29 PM
www.Gamezoneminiatures.de <--Shop

I got mine there, & they came within 7 days - every where else I tried didn't have what I wanted or, in one case, didn't even reply to me email!!!!!!!!!!

ScottRadom
27-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Vern- What did you get and what are you gonna enter?

Vern
27-02-2009, 05:45 PM
Thought its was secret? & might enter two (whom am I kidding :? )

ScottRadom
27-02-2009, 05:53 PM
No, it's no secret. All above table with WIP's if you so choose etc.

I'll go first....

Almost certainly the warrior priest, a couple fo fanatics, but for sure and for certain the venerable mage. It's just too much to NOT paint that fig. If time I might take a stab at the Gloria Invicta fig as well.

Darklord
27-02-2009, 05:54 PM
no only the wyrd one is anonymous, the others you can shout from the rooftops if yyou want, (but only show the finished entries here first please)
@undave - that might be a plan.

Vern
27-02-2009, 06:03 PM
I got mounted the Warrior Monk, Imperial general, The Venerable Thaumaturge (one hell of a model), an Inquisitor, & vampire child - but what I probably going to do is a Dark Elf hero on a predator (mainly coz I don't think I've every painted an elf before!)

RogerB
27-02-2009, 06:55 PM
Well, I'll be buying my GZ minis at Salute, as Artemis Black is going to be there. Maybe when I ask about the minis he'll just ignore me, like he seems to have done with an order I attempted a while ago. It's unlikely that I'll have time to do them for the comp thought. I have ordered my AoW minis. I looked at their list of retailers and I don't think any of those are at Salute so I thought I'd order them online.

Undave
27-02-2009, 07:07 PM
To be honest I thought about waiting til salute to get mine but I don't trust Arty to even show up the way they seem to be going. If he's not there it leaves only 20 days to get hold of something and paint it up.

Vern
27-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Artemis Black

Yes, he ignored my 50 order as well!

SilentBob
27-02-2009, 07:14 PM
Canada, United States, Australia, New Zealand 42,50

ZOMG! WTF!!! *cries*

Undave
27-02-2009, 07:17 PM
If they aren't careful they're going to go the way of Hell Dorado as well. If you're going to pick a sole UK distributor why go for someone as unreliable as Arty seems to be :roll:

Vern
27-02-2009, 07:21 PM
At the moment its seems to be UK mail order (or is it just me), even Maelstrom are taking longer than they used to (but its free postage, so ...), I'm now in 14th day of waiting for an order from another well known online shop (but its free postage to, so ...) - anyway, worse things happen at sea

RogerB
27-02-2009, 07:22 PM
It wouldn't be Arcane Miniatures would it, vern?

Vern
27-02-2009, 07:26 PM
He he - Yes (& not a reply to my email either)

However, http://www.allsortsemporium.net/ are taking 3-4 days :D

RogerB
27-02-2009, 07:31 PM
Yep, I tried to order some stuff from Arcane but no reply with an invoice. twice I tried that and then an e-mail, no reply. It was for the same minis that Artemis Black failed to get back to me for. I couldn't take part in that particular comp even if I did think I had time. It turned out only three entries were put forward.

When looking at retailers for AoW I decided to give Arcane a miss and look at the others that were listed on the AoW site. allsorts emporium are one that I bookmarked. A little bit more expensive on the AoW stuff than a couple of the other shops but damn they have a fine list of manufacturers.

Vern
27-02-2009, 07:38 PM
I've not had any problem with them (touch wood) yet, sometime it pays to pay more (so to speak)

Just bought a stack of AoW on ebay (by auction & fairly cheap) by a guy called thetrolltrader - course, haven't actually got them yet ...

Darklord
27-02-2009, 08:14 PM
this sort of thing REALLY annoys me. whenever i have a customer either via ebay or comission or when i stocked GW stuff i always bent over backwards for a customer. not replying to orders is just ridiculous in my book. If the market wasnt over saturated i would supply minis myself and be bloody reliable at it.

Vern
27-02-2009, 08:37 PM
Too true - I sell a fair amount of 2nd hand stuff on ebay, & if someone gives me 50+ I make sure its in the post within 2-3 day - I think that's only fair

SilentBob
27-02-2009, 08:47 PM
while we're *****ing at online shops, I had a really bad experience ordering from GC minis in canada. I placed a big order on Dec 10, I heard nothing at all for ages. They debited my credit card on 26 Dec - still no word at all. In early Jan, I emailed them twice & eventually got an email from the postal service saying something was coming & a tracking no. A week later I get an email saying if it hadn't arrived yet, I should contact him. But the stuff arrived that day. I got home from work all excited to find a box a lot smaller than I expected. Upon opening, I discovered only about 1/3 of my order was there. Digging around a little more, I found a notice saying that they'd short-shipped as they couldn't get everything.
Of course, he couldn't just send an email telling me sooner to expect a smaller package :(

Anyway, just used TheWarStore recently - love 'em - very professional :)

Undave
27-02-2009, 08:54 PM
I won't but anything from the Warstore. Mainly as there's no point as I can get it all cheaper in the UK but also because of what they did to battlewagon bitz :rant

Undave
28-02-2009, 12:02 AM
OK I've been doing a bit of looking around and comparing prices on various things. It mystifies me why Gamezone insists on charging 12 p&p for a single miniature where as a company like Ultraforge will send me a considerably larger model a further distance for 5. The one consolation is that because Germany is part of the stoopid EU we won't have to pay the exorbitant 8 "handling fee" from Royal mail. I think that doing a bulk order to split the cost and then either sending the minis on or exchanging them at meet ups is definitely the way to go.

So, who wants to be the patsy... er... I mean generous facilitator?

Darklord
28-02-2009, 12:06 AM
someone recommended arcane to me - they any good?

Undave
28-02-2009, 12:09 AM
Well they don't got Gamezone...

Vern
28-02-2009, 12:09 AM
arcane

I'm 14 days & waiting for my order, so ....

Vern
28-02-2009, 12:10 PM
arcane

Order came this morning, within there 18 day(!!!!) window - on the plus side, apart from the mini's obviously, the stamps were unfranked, so I can reuse them

Darklord
28-02-2009, 12:16 PM
oh money saving - i like it!!

Undave
28-02-2009, 01:23 PM
Well I take it back (at least some of it). I got a reply from Artemis Balck this morning:

Unfortunately we won't have stock of the vampire knights before our prices also go up. Approx 14 day back order for anything we don't currently have and the site update with the new prices will be before then.

Not entirely sure how long that means I have to wait but it's rather more encouraging. Even if they decide to charge a fiver more per model it's still going to work out cheaper than getting them from GZ.

Darklord
28-02-2009, 02:01 PM
thats some relativley good news then!

RogerB
28-02-2009, 07:05 PM
Well, it's been months since I tried to order from both Artemis Black's and Arcane Miniatures and I still haven't heard anything from either of them. I'll check out AB at Salute but I ain't going to be ordering any stuff online.

Darklord
03-03-2009, 09:40 AM
im sure most of you know anyway but the cmon shop has just restocked some of its gamezone minis

Undave
03-03-2009, 01:44 PM
I attempted to order a few from Arty on Sunday night reasoning that it would be cheaper to buy them now and get the others later. Haven't had a reply asking for payment yet though :(

ScottRadom
03-03-2009, 02:14 PM
Well Tonbo can get them for his shop, so if anyone needs some and get get locally you could PM him.

Undave
03-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Hmmmm that might just be a way to dodge the customs guys though. Of course it would depend on what Tonbo charges for them in the first place. I imagine it aint cheap to ship em over there in the first place.

Darklord
03-03-2009, 02:37 PM
scott doesnt your mate get chep shipping or something?

of course this could be an elaborate plan by scott to win the comp. tell everyone the minis are on the way while sending them by fishing boat via cancoon

ScottRadom
03-03-2009, 02:51 PM
My bro get's 85% off sjipping with his courier outfit thathasn't fired him yet. It's really do-able and I could ship the lot to one of you limey's for the cheap. Or...... I am quite willing to swap mini's for whatever GZ peeps might be after. FW is pretty hard to get reliably here!

Darklord
03-03-2009, 03:03 PM
im after the venerable dude - you got one?
whats tonbo got in stock too?

Undave
03-03-2009, 03:37 PM
This sounds like a plan!

ScottRadom
03-03-2009, 03:44 PM
DL-I do have one, but I aim's to keep it. It's in the blister so I can't report on the nightmare it's going to be to assemble yet.

Tonbo can get the stuff direct, and the I can ship it out. We best forward the requests and questions to him. 'Cause if you're not talking to the horses mouth, you're talking to the other end!

Darklord
03-03-2009, 03:49 PM
timescale might be an issue though - if tonbo has to order it then get it shipped to him then back to us.
but if he has stuff in stock already that would help.
TONBO! get your ass in here!

ScottRadom
03-03-2009, 03:58 PM
I can ship it to you guys in 4-5 days once it's here.

Undave
03-03-2009, 03:59 PM
Heh he could be the official WaMP shop. Move over Borg :lol:

Vern
03-03-2009, 05:36 PM
Scott, do you think that might work with Ultraforge?

Undave
04-03-2009, 05:31 PM
OK. I got my reply from Arty. The Dark Elf Sorceress on my little pony is out of stock but the other two items have been put aside. I've sent them some cash via paypal so we'll see how long it takes to get here.

Darklord
04-03-2009, 06:27 PM
scott. what you got there that i can have and how much inc shipping? pm me if you prefer or post here so others can have second refusal after me!
if not then it might be undaves route

Undave
06-03-2009, 01:22 PM
Well a thump on the doormat announced their arrival this morning. I have to say that I can't see what all the fuss is about Gamezone minis not fitting together well. With these two you can hardly even see the joins, even the reins match up. OK it's not 100% seamless but metal models never are. These fit far better than most GW ones I've seen.

As for Arty, order sent on the 2nd, received on the 6th. That's pretty fine service right there. The minis themselves were sent in a plain brown paper envelope with a thin sheet of bubble wrap round them so they could conceivably have been a bit battered but they're fine and for 1 p&p I honestly can't complain.

Well Arty it looks like you may have found yourself a few more customers :D

ScottRadom
06-03-2009, 01:26 PM
well look's like undave scored a hit.

What do I have? Nothing. I'm just saying that if you can't find a decent european source for anything -oncluding Ultraforge- it's easy enough for me to get it and ship it out on the cheap. Tonbo owns a game store so he's got good access to stuff, and I got cheap, quick shipping.

Darklord
06-03-2009, 01:29 PM
right well i shall order from arty black before the day is out. Overdraft - im coming for you!!

Undave
06-03-2009, 01:34 PM
One small problem:

5th March

We're closed this coming weekend. All orders received and paid for will have been sent by end of working day tomorrow and then we're back Monday 9th (Which is my birthday :))
I'm out of the country so it's unlikely I'll even have e-mail access I'm afraid.

Also, yes we're at Salute (Lots of people asking). I'll put up details of that when I return along with the other good stuff that's been happening in the last couple weeks. 'Almost' back to 100%

Artemis

You might have to wait a little longer than I did.

Darklord
06-03-2009, 01:35 PM
thats ok, as its my birthday on sunday and im out of the country too

Undave
06-03-2009, 01:38 PM
You're really Artemis Black aren't you.

Dark - Black it's so obvious now :roll:

RogerB
06-03-2009, 01:42 PM
Well if that's the case, why did you not reply to my e-mail, Brett?

Darklord
06-03-2009, 01:47 PM
because you sent it

Vern
06-03-2009, 01:53 PM
Artemis Black

Well next time I have some 'Paypal money' think I'll put in a Degra order! Thanks Undave :D

Darklord
06-03-2009, 03:38 PM
well i have emailed mysel..i mean arty black so will see what happens.
scott willbe pleased to know ive gone for the venerable thaumaturge and a predator knight

v22TTC
10-03-2009, 09:42 AM
Well, when I saw that there was going to be a GZ comp, I thought 'Yes! Perfect excuse to buy the Venerable Thaumaturge, Mounted Warrior Monk, Mournful Knight II and Gloria Invicta!' Then read this thread.... No one's mentioned the Vamp Harvester Chariot yet, so I'll have a crack at that one - pretty different from the usual uber-spangly stuff I like to (half) paint. One of the others if there's time (snigger: translation - however much time I've got I'll still be painting the first model an hour before deadline).

Scott: Your idea sounds grand - have to sort something out for that (Armorcast maybe?).

DL: You asked about Arcane. Rules for Arcane ordering seem to be:-

1 Be one of those lucky people the sun always shines upon; If you're not one of those people ("No, Russ is great! I've never had a problem!" :evil: ) then:-

2 Russ randomly disappears all the time (though his site's always updated);

3 He will never, ever, ever F**king EVER respond to an email, even if you give him months to do so;

4 He doesn't seem to need or want the money so he's doing you a favour. Thus you have to meet him more than halfway and only ever place small orders that'll be easy for him to sort out: And for amounts of money that are so small that you don't mind losing them, or can afford to have sitting around doing nothing until the end of time in case he deigns to fulfill your order one day.

5 So, if he gets right back to you and you've satisfied the above requirements and all of the stock was immediately available then it'll probably go quite smoothly and you'll get your stuff in a week or three. If there's any problem whatsoever (like maybe you ordered something that requires that he has to stand up and reach for something off the top shelf) then you will never, ever, ever etc get satisfaction for that order and you should cancel it if you haven't paid yet.

As to Artemis: I dealt with him a lot last year and he was a totaly nice, reliable and helpful guy. So I'm a bit protective of him - especially given how appalling every other British company seems to be, big or small, when you mail order from them [exception: Ground Zero Games - John defines customer service!]. Late last year he had some really bad (medical) stuff happen in his close family, he put a message on his site to let people know he was closing and somebody put a virus on his site so he just wiped everything (it was all he had time for).

In his absence, the email company bollocksed up his account so he didn't get most of his emails and he's still not getting all of them now. You know the story from that point.

RogerB
10-03-2009, 11:25 AM
Okay, thanks for that info, v22TTC. That probably explains no reply to my e-mail.

matty1001
10-03-2009, 01:00 PM
I'm pretty sure Arty Blacks house fell down as well last year, which wasn't exactly great luck.

Peace and love...

Artemis Black
10-03-2009, 07:18 PM
Allo people

I've thrown up an explanatory page that should answer most things in the post below (Needed a post to post the link)...

... but I'll have a nose back through the thread and see if there's anything more specific not covered etc. :)

Artemis Black
10-03-2009, 07:23 PM
http://www.artemisblacks.com/closure.shtml

Artemis Black
10-03-2009, 07:25 PM
Well I'm doing a Mournful Knight but even if Arty does bother to get in touch he hasn't got them on his webstore yet so I'm doubly buggered!

Should be here before Salute, I say should because I'm never 100% certain. I tend not to take pre-orders for GZ for the same reason.

If they aren't here before Salute I shall be quite annoyed at the show so feel free to come laugh at the stroppy Welsh bloke.

EldinTux
10-03-2009, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the update Artemis, and welcome

Artemis Black
10-03-2009, 07:31 PM
Well, I'll be buying my GZ minis at Salute, as Artemis Black is going to be there. Maybe when I ask about the minis he'll just ignore me, like he seems to have done with an order I attempted a while ago. It's unlikely that I'll have time to do them for the comp thought. I have ordered my AoW minis. I looked at their list of retailers and I don't think any of those are at Salute so I thought I'd order them online.

Sorry about that, if we have what you were after in stock I seem to be getting almost all my emails through now (If you want to be doubly sure cc to our gmail address from the front page too).

If it's not in stock then I'm not so confident. as I mentioned above, all new stuff and the few out of stock codes (Chaos Hounds, Predator Chariot, Harvester Chariot and the odd random mini) should be in by Salute.
(That's the Mournful Knights, Loeonora and the Fiendish Offspring)

There's also a small chance some brand new releases make it in the same parcel. A new Dark Elf on foot called a 'Huntress' and a couple more Chaos Demons.

Artemis Black
10-03-2009, 07:33 PM
To be honest I thought about waiting til salute to get mine but I don't trust Arty to even show up the way they seem to be going.

*grin* Fair comment but we'll be there.

The layout seems to be exactly the same as last year but flipped on the vertical so we're through the front doors, walk towards the painting contest/warlord info place and we're on your right.

Gamezone couldn't make it this year so we're both trying to re-open and pick up their slack at the same time.

Artemis Black
10-03-2009, 07:35 PM
If they aren't careful they're going to go the way of Hell Dorado as well. If you're going to pick a sole UK distributor why go for someone as unreliable as Arty seems to be :roll:

Two reasons, one I'm usually awesome ;) and two nobody thought after previous periods of being closed due to such things as a broken spine I was possibly due any more bad luck.

I don't have a block of wood big enough to touch after that comment.

Artemis Black
10-03-2009, 07:40 PM
The minis themselves were sent in a plain brown paper envelope with a thin sheet of bubble wrap round them so they could conceivably have been a bit battered but they're fine and for 1 p&p I honestly can't complain.

We're awaiting a new stock of PIP boxes but generally if it's one or two minis I send that way as they disappear less often than when we sent stuff out in full bubble envelopes with an Artemis Blacks sticker on. Not that I'd ever suggest there are wargaming or ebaying postmen about.

(Mrs Artemis is an environmental scientist so I also don't like sending plastic blisters through the post if I can help it and recycle them ourselves - I'll be putting a note up on the site about that to make sure if somebody really wants them then we can make sure to include them)

Artemis Black
10-03-2009, 07:42 PM
I'm pretty sure Arty Blacks house fell down as well last year, which wasn't exactly great luck.

Not all of it :)

Undave
10-03-2009, 08:22 PM
Woohoo! Welcome to the forums Mr. Black. If that is indeed your real name (and not just Brett pretending again :lol: ) It's certainly nice to have you here.

I do hope you can get back up to speed again without anything else going wrong, That catalogue of woes is certainly more than enough reason to take a hiatus for a while. You have my condolences where appropriate and best wishes for the forseeable future.

I'm looking forward to seeing you at Salute and forking over a wad of dosh for some lovely minis. I'd heard horror stories about how badly fitting GZ minis are but I honestly had no problems whatsoever. I barely need to fill any gaps. I'll almost certainly be after some Mournful Knights and a Dark Elf Pegasus.

Those Fiendish Offspring are rather nice, I hadn't seen them before. I wonder what these other demons will be like.

If I do email you in future I suppose I'll just have to make sure not to mention how massive my penis is to avoid your spam catcher :lol

RogerB
10-03-2009, 08:25 PM

Sorry about that, if we have what you were after in stock I seem to be getting almost all my emails through now (If you want to be doubly sure cc to our gmail address from the front page too).

If it's not in stock then I'm not so confident. as I mentioned above, all new stuff and the few out of stock codes (Chaos Hounds, Predator Chariot, Harvester Chariot and the odd random mini) should be in by Salute.
(That's the Mournful Knights, Loeonora and the Fiendish Offspring)

There's also a small chance some brand new releases make it in the same parcel. A new Dark Elf on foot called a 'Huntress' and a couple more Chaos Demons.

Welcome to WAMP Artemis Black.

I'm not likely going to have time to do anything for the GZ competition so I won't need to order anything. I'll just see what's there at Salute.

Sorry to hear about all your not inconsiderable problems. I did only send the one e-mail for an order and I'm guessing that was during some time you couldn't reply. I guess I'll see you at Salute.

lizcam
10-03-2009, 09:16 PM
Welcome. Sorry to hear about all the issues you had. Man, it was a rough year for a lot of people. Anyway, thanks for coming on and hang around. You'll probably like the place.

EldinTux
10-03-2009, 09:42 PM
Welcome. Sorry to hear about all the issues you had. Man, it was a rough year for a lot of people. Anyway, thanks for coming on and hang around. You'll probably like the place.

Just watch out for the pots of paint and wall paper liz has left lieing around from the redecorating :)

Vern
10-03-2009, 09:58 PM
Glad your here & hope all your problems are behind you - hope to spend some money at your store soon! :)

Artemis Black
13-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Gamezone restock has arrived!

(It's unchecked but the amount of boxes looks correct so shouldn't be missing anything now)

Undave
13-03-2009, 08:41 PM
:woohoo: Time to sort my order out for salute then.

I like this whole being informed when new stuff comes in thing. My wallet doesn't but I sure do :D

edit: Email sent

RogerB
13-03-2009, 08:45 PM
That's a good point, putting in a pre-order...hmm I'll have to look at the models later.

Artemis Black
13-03-2009, 09:34 PM
We will be running some kind of Salute pre-order deal, haven't quite decided what that is yet but it'll apply retroactively to any Salute pre-orders we get regardless.

(It'll either be a small discount on orders over a certain amount or a freebie)

Undave
13-03-2009, 09:59 PM
I like the sound of last year's "refund your entrance" deal.

Artemis Black
13-03-2009, 10:02 PM
I like the sound of last year's "refund your entrance" deal.

Oh we'll definitely run that again, it's one of our two permanent Salute deals.

Spend 100 and get your entrance fee back (well technically 9 queuebuster badge fee back) and Spend 20, say the magic phrase and get a free cake :)

I meant we also normally run a Salute pre-order deal seperately

lizcam
13-03-2009, 10:12 PM
What's the magic phrase?

Artemis Black
13-03-2009, 10:32 PM
What's the magic phrase?

You have to see it in the advert for the deal :)

Previous adverts...

http://theminiaturespage.com/news/225175/

http://theminiaturespage.com/news/38887/

http://theminiaturespage.com/news/68377/

Undave
13-03-2009, 10:51 PM
Awww but we're WaMPers not frothers :lol:

What if all the WaMPers combined our orders? I bet we could get to 250, no problem. My orders is already in the region of 50 so another five of us and that's a fifth of a cake each.

Artemis Black
13-03-2009, 11:08 PM
Awww but we're WaMPers not frothers :lol:

What if all the WaMPers combined our orders? I bet we could get to 250, no problem. My orders is already in the region of 50 so another five of us and that's a fifth of a cake each.

*grin* That's how last year's cake went. A group who were demoing a game got together and made one big order (The guys who wrote De Bellis Fantasticus I believe)

Not sure what this year's specifics will be for the cake offer, going to look at bakers on Monday to see if we can get special cakes made at a reasonable price.

Boris
14-03-2009, 12:04 AM
I love it -it's evil genius, everyone knows a gamers weakness is cake.

Darklord
16-03-2009, 09:18 AM
i think it speaks volumes that artemis is willing to take the time to come on here and personally answer questions about his service. i must say i emailed him to enquire about gamezone stock and the reply was prompt.
from reading your article it is clear you have had some massive adversities so its good to see you getting back on your feet.
if your delivery is good (which im sure it is!) then im sure you will have made a few regular customers from on this boards.
oh and feel free to update in the news sections if you like

Undave
16-03-2009, 10:32 AM
I want to order my GZ minis now but I'm too cheap to shell out for the 1 p&p so I'm picking them up at Salute :lol

Darklord
16-03-2009, 10:43 AM
well it would cost me more than 1 to get to salute so cheaper this way for me!

Undave
16-03-2009, 04:47 PM
Oh yeah....... Thanks for that Brett. I was all happy about saving a pound and you had to go and burst my bubble :(

RogerB
16-03-2009, 04:48 PM
Well you wouldn't get to see Squiggy again if you ordered the mini online.

Undave
16-03-2009, 04:50 PM
Make me feel worse why don't you!

RogerB
16-03-2009, 04:51 PM
:twisted:

Undave
16-03-2009, 04:52 PM
Yeah that's him!

Grinning little devilsquig!

Darklord
17-03-2009, 09:14 AM
squiggy - proof that contraception is important!

v22TTC
19-03-2009, 01:01 PM
So, just got my GZ minis from Artemis. Gloria Invicta, Mounted Monk, Venerable Thaumaturge and Harvester Chariot.

Kind of swings and roundabouts - there are pretty big gaps in the joins but only about as much as with R metal horses. But they'll be far less work than the R ones because the detail is crisp and clean, the mold lines are almost non-existent ( :D :D :D ) and they've been sensible about not having joins/mold lines going right through the middle of intricate filigree that you then have to partially resculpt.

Mounted Monk's prob the worst for this - you can actually see the gap in the horse's neck in the studio pic and the filling will involve continuing the mail effect and the detail on the front of the horse's armour (I know things like that put some people off...).

Harvester Chariot's a whole different bag of bones; big gaps everywhere (though an extremely clean cast, like the others). But I expect that from big metal chunks, so don't really mind. Would only recommend this one to those who don't mind a fair amount of GS/Milliput/etc work. And the Corpse Child comes with it like in the pic, just so you don't do what I did and order one as well.

And only one of the minis came with a base, just so you know.

But yeah, I'm delighted - I'd much rather fill than file, and they're even more stunning in hand than they are in the pics. Some of the nicest minis I've ever bought and I'm really looking forward to the comp! :)

Darklord
19-03-2009, 01:12 PM
sweet just waiting for mine to arrive - i went for venerable thaumaturge too (i think thats 3 of us so far!!) and a predator.

NeatPete
19-03-2009, 02:54 PM
I may have to try and get a few of there minis. They seem really nice, and really expensive. I'm not sure I could do one of these things justice. I'll have to see the dates and see if I 'll have any money or time available.

Darklord
19-03-2009, 02:58 PM
Pete your more than capable of doing them justice. my painting diary is clear for next week so if they are here by then i will be starting on them, if not i got an avatars of war entry to crack on

Artemis Black
19-03-2009, 03:04 PM
So, just got my GZ minis from Artemis. Gloria Invicta, Mounted Monk, Venerable Thaumaturge and Harvester Chariot.

Kind of swings and roundabouts - there are pretty big gaps in the joins but only about as much as with R metal horses. But they'll be far less work than the R ones because the detail is crisp and clean, the mold lines are almost non-existent ( :D :D :D ) and they've been sensible about not having joins/mold lines going right through the middle of intricate filigree that you then have to partially resculpt.

Mounted Monk's prob the worst for this - you can actually see the gap in the horse's neck in the studio pic and the filling will involve continuing the mail effect and the detail on the front of the horse's armour (I know things like that put some people off...).

Harvester Chariot's a whole different bag of bones; big gaps everywhere (though an extremely clean cast, like the others). But I expect that from big metal chunks, so don't really mind. Would only recommend this one to those who don't mind a fair amount of GS/Milliput/etc work. And the Corpse Child comes with it like in the pic, just so you don't do what I did and order one as well.

And only one of the minis came with a base, just so you know.

But yeah, I'm delighted - I'd much rather fill than file, and they're even more stunning in hand than they are in the pics. Some of the nicest minis I've ever bought and I'm really looking forward to the comp! :)

Yeah it is pretty random which minis have joins you need to fill and which don't. I'm not 100% certain it's always the same with the same miniature either. I know a few of the minis have been changed over the last 2 years - One of the predator riders comes in one piece whereas he used to come in two for example.

Are the bases you're missing cavalry bases? And were you planning on using the Gamezone style ones? If so I can throw some in the post for you? We had an order once where every single item didnt have a base in it, something had gone wrong at the packing stage over there.

My favourite Gamezone mini btw is Inquisitor Magnus I think, the face on him is awesome. Although the new Vampire knight hero has a jesters hat which is just frikkin' genius so that jumps to top 5 easy :)

Darklord
19-03-2009, 03:08 PM
if i had more moeny i would have chucked more of it at you artemis!

Artemis Black
19-03-2009, 03:11 PM
Pete your more than capable of doing them justice. my painting diary is clear for next week so if they are here by then i will be starting on them, if not i got an avatars of war entry to crack on

Should be there tomorrow I believe.

Undave
19-03-2009, 03:16 PM
If you're about Arty, I sent you an email about reserving some Mournful Knights for Salute but I didn't hear anything back. If you can't guarantee them for pick up I'll just order them normally through the site but it would be nicer to pick them up on the day.

Darklord
19-03-2009, 03:17 PM
cheers Arty

Artemis Black
19-03-2009, 03:21 PM
If you're about Arty, I sent you an email about reserving some Mournful Knights for Salute but I didn't hear anything back. If you can't guarantee them for pick up I'll just order them normally through the site but it would be nicer to pick them up on the day.

My apologies, I kinda counted my replies here as my reply :)

I'll send you a proper e-mail one in a moment. They've been reserved for you and put away though. The Salute pre-order announcement is going up later as well as the buttloads of other advertising. Running a little late thanks to the crazy re-opening we've had and trying to make sure we're still the best all around retailer at the show (Ordered in 4 new lines in the last week)

There's a news feed or something I've been informed about on this site so I'll have to go find that too :)

Undave
19-03-2009, 03:24 PM
Marvellous, Thanks Arty.

v22TTC
20-03-2009, 11:23 AM
Cheers Artemis - I don't know how many bases there were supposed to be but I only got two bases in total (both cavalry - one was hiding and I found it later). I'll be buying some more GZ before the comp so you can just put some extra bases in there if you like - no point costing you extra postage for something I don't immediately need.

Darklord
20-03-2009, 02:36 PM
well my gamezone stuff arrived this morning (same time as my sky HD in fact) so just as artemis said it would.
I have had no problems with service and i will definatley be ordering from him again in the future.
Artemis Black - WAMP APPROVED!!

Artemis Black
20-03-2009, 02:57 PM
well my gamezone stuff arrived this morning (same time as my sky HD in fact) so just as artemis said it would.
I have had no problems with service and i will definatley be ordering from him again in the future.
Artemis Black - WAMP APPROVED!!

Woohoo! :)

Also I have recieved word that the minor dameons that I stil have no idea what they look like and the dark elf huntress who similarly remains a mystery should be here pre-Salute too.

Artemis Black
20-03-2009, 03:17 PM
Cheers Artemis - I don't know how many bases there were supposed to be but I only got two bases in total (both cavalry - one was hiding and I found it later). I'll be buying some more GZ before the comp so you can just put some extra bases in there if you like - no point costing you extra postage for something I don't immediately need.

Cool, just remind me with he next order and I'll throw some in.

That goes for anyone else who managed to get a blister without a base too. we have well over 2000 blisters of Gamezone in so manually checking them all - especially as the base is normally hidden in thefolded card insert - would be a nightmare.

arctica
20-03-2009, 04:30 PM
So this mean i can pre-order some Gamezone figures and pick them up at Salute? if i request it in an email along with the items i would like to purchase?

Artemis Black
20-03-2009, 04:34 PM
So this mean i can pre-order some Gamezone figures and pick them up at Salute? if i request it in an email along with the items i would like to purchase?

It does indeed, there's a 5% discount for preorders under 100 and a 10% discount on pre-orders over 100. (Will be on the website once I finish the update)

You can either pay beforehand or on the day.

Undave
20-03-2009, 05:07 PM
:woohoo: :woohoo: More minis for Dave!

Oh wait! I get it, the cheeky bugger's just making it harder for us to get that cake! :rant

Artemis Black
20-03-2009, 05:10 PM
If anyone else is insterested in the new Mournful Knights I would highly suggest a pre-order, We have flown through the 20 sets I had in and are onto the second batch with no more expected before Salute.

(Although we should get a restock about 10 days after Salute but I know to some people 10 days for a mini is like an eternity :) )

Artemis Black
20-03-2009, 05:11 PM
:woohoo: :woohoo: More minis for Dave!

Oh wait! I get it, the cheeky bugger's just making it harder for us to get that cake! :rant

The cake's different this year. Instead of bringing store bought style cakes I'm bringing a variety of welsh cakes, scones, etc from the bakery next to the store.

Not sure what to do about a big cake - Mrs Artemis is too busy to cook one like last year so will have a look around tomorrow for something suitable :)

EldinTux
20-03-2009, 08:45 PM
Oh for some money :( I really want some of these mini's

Darklord
20-03-2009, 09:19 PM
sell your soul to me , oh wait you already did.
:muah :muah :muah :muah

EldinTux
20-03-2009, 09:36 PM
Yes master :(

arctica
21-03-2009, 12:43 AM
okie dokie ^^ i'll pre-order a couple bits and bobs now :D

v22TTC
21-03-2009, 11:11 AM
Really intrigued by that DE Huntress; can't wait to see a pic! Hopefully a dual-sword-wielding hotty in skimpy, angular armour who's left her silly hat and dragon-scale cape at home ... mmm, with a sinister cowl back just far enough that you can see her beautiful Elven face.... Ummm, please. :P

v22TTC
21-03-2009, 01:14 PM
Artemis: Oh yeah, I meant to ask: If somebody's not going to Salute (like me), does none of the pre-order stuff apply to them at all? And will any of the Salute stock be available in the store too (for those not going to Salute). Just checked the site and saw Guild of Harmony and started to spontaneously drool....

Artemis Black
21-03-2009, 06:18 PM
Artemis: Oh yeah, I meant to ask: If somebody's not going to Salute (like me), does none of the pre-order stuff apply to them at all? And will any of the Salute stock be available in the store too (for those not going to Salute). Just checked the site and saw Guild of Harmony and started to spontaneously drool....

All the items will be added to the website, it's just if we're too busy to get it all done this week the Salute goers will get first dibs.

Also we run a small sale (About half of the Salute sale) for orders taken on Salute day. Keep an eye on the site this week as I'll be randomly updating it right up until we leave at all times of the day and night :)

v22TTC
22-03-2009, 09:49 AM
Cool, I was feeling all left out.... :cry: ( :P ).

ScottRadom
22-03-2009, 10:12 PM
I'm gonna go with one of my ball and chain fanatics first for this. Just to make sure I've got one entry finished to take any self impsed pressure off I think.

Artemis Black
31-03-2009, 12:45 AM
Cool, I was feeling all left out.... :cry: ( :P ).

And just to compound that feeling we were so ridiculously busy up until the moment we left I never got a chance to do it!

v22TTC
31-03-2009, 12:49 AM
Sniff.... :cry: ( :P )

Any pics of the DE Huntress?

Artemis Black
31-03-2009, 12:57 AM
Sniff.... :cry: ( :P )

Any pics of the DE Huntress?

Not yet but see the painting comp thread for the mediocre news.

ScottRadom
10-08-2009, 03:04 AM
Heee haw. I got my entry finished. just in time!

Darklord
10-08-2009, 09:35 AM
ready for next years?!!