PDA

View Full Version : RGM Review: Cirae

Hinton
18-10-2010, 04:04 PM
We'll take a look at Cirae, the latest miniature from JoeK Minis.

JoeK Minis:
http://www.joekminis.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLIpj3MiE1E

kdlynch
18-10-2010, 04:10 PM
Another good review. ^^ The first still shot of Cirae (with the 4 views) is rather squished, but the other still shots make up for that.

War Griffon
18-10-2010, 04:15 PM
Thanks Hinton, not one I am going to buy myself and never planned in doing so as I don't like the figures left leg and the big sword but an excellent and interesting review all the same as usual from you :smile:

NeatPete
18-10-2010, 05:43 PM
Thanks buddy. Good info.

Joek
18-10-2010, 06:09 PM
Really nice review Hinton :) . Very fair and decent. The one thing I'm concerned about - from my OWN point of view! - is the defect on the back leg. I was obviously having a moment, and I'd not have sent it out like that if I'd known! An air bubble tends be something I'm just about okay with, as are a few mould lines, but the back leg irritates me :( . If you ever want a replacement, let me know, as that shouldn't happen! God knows the number of Servant Prime hands I've had to chuck out because the bloody fingers got crushed :( .

Anyhoo, love the review - I feel special. Oh, the the second pronunciation of my surname was spot on!

Hinton
18-10-2010, 07:58 PM
@KD: yeah, tried to keep it from squishing too much, but rendering in widescreen tends to smash things down a bit.

@Joe: I kind of figured that it was something that happened to slip past you and that it wasn't intentional, so I was a bit...lenient, shall we say...in the review. If it was a more established company, then I would have been a bit tougher in the review. And no worries about a replacement; I should be able to fix it.

Glad I managed get your name right somehow. :smile:

Thanks for the comments, everyone!

Boris
18-10-2010, 10:05 PM
Hope JoeK doesn't mind, I've blogged this on the SI site (I'm guessing you don't mind Hinton). Patriot Games is stocking the JoeK line now, and the opportunity to look in the blisters shouldn't put anyone off. I like the variety in this range and I'm pleased to see it getting 'out there' a bit more. I don't think an honest review hurts anyone.

Joek
18-10-2010, 10:31 PM
No problem for me at all. As I said above, the review was spot on as far as I was concerned, and the casting at the back shouldn't have been allowed to get past! If nothing else, it makes me much more intent to get things as good as I can! Oh, and I re-iterate, if anyone does have what they consider to be a duff JoeK (hmm, I'm gonna use that more often...), then please let me know. As I'm fairly sure you all gather I'm not a faceless corporation...(well, one day I will be...bwa-ha-ha), and I certainly don't bite.

Well, only if folk want me to.

Hinton
18-10-2010, 11:45 PM
Thanks, Boris! Don't mind at all.

In fact, if anyone wants to put my videos up on their site, just let me know as I'm pretty easy-going.

Vern
19-10-2010, 12:45 AM
Good honest review ... have to say mines a perfect cast

EldinTux
19-10-2010, 01:39 AM
Great review Hinton, been looking at JoeK's mini's, need to get a bit of money first though :smile:

Ulfgrimr
19-10-2010, 10:07 AM
Another great review H. Informative and entertaining, shame about the casting on your example but these things can happen and I thought you handled it very well.