PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Death Minis

Darklord
17-09-2010, 08:01 PM
Ok folks, after intense discussions with kingdom death we have come up with a scheme that will allow you to buy miniatures that you would'nt otherwise be able to.

The deal is that Kingdom Death will sell the contents from Gift of Death box sets and ship them individually.

To enable this there are certain rules to be followed.

Each Gift of Death box set must be purchased as a full set ($95)
The set contains one of each of the following:
White Speaker
Alternate Twilight Kinght
Man-Hunter
Preacher
Saviour

Figure out amongst yourselves how you are dividing a set.
Notify me as to whom is paying what.
I will create a separate invoice for each person that includes shipping. ( the shipping will be low, with the exception of the person who gets the box + print, then it'd be a little bit higher )

There are more than one gift of Deaths available but each must be sold a s a full set.

You must organise this yourselves then pm Poots through one 'spokesperson' myself nor Wamp will be involved in the process but I am happy to 'help' if needed.

Nameless
17-09-2010, 08:06 PM
Set 1
White Speaker
Man-Hunter - Nameless
Preacher
Saviour

poots
17-09-2010, 08:46 PM
A slightly easier way to go about this -

Figure out amongst yourselves how you are dividing a set.
Notify me as to whom is paying what.
I will create a separate invoice for each person that includes shipping. ( the shipping will be low, with the exception of the person who gets the box + print, then it'd be a little bit higher )

Any questions feel free to just ask!

Hinton
17-09-2010, 09:00 PM
Okay, just so I'm absolutely clear on this: basically, people go in on a Gift set, decide which mini(s) they want, pay the price for those minis and they're shipped directly to them.

For example: if five people go in on set, then they're paying approximately $20 for a mini (rough guess) from the set.

That about right or am I reading it all wrong?

Darklord
17-09-2010, 11:26 PM
yep thats right

Hinton
18-09-2010, 12:52 AM
Very cool. Thanks, Adam for doing this and Brett for helping bring it together!

Simon.W
18-09-2010, 02:41 AM
I am interested in this if others are and i would like the Savior from the set and possibly the box and print, any one else apart from myself and Nameless ??

Hinton
18-09-2010, 09:45 AM
Might be interested in the Preacher.

Nameless
18-09-2010, 09:47 AM
Set 1
White Speaker
Man-Hunter - Nameless
Preacher - Hinton
Saviour - Simon W.

precinctomega
18-09-2010, 09:50 AM
I'll throw my hat in for the White Speaker. these competitions have been good for me, so far!

R.

Darklord
18-09-2010, 10:51 AM
Set 1
White Speaker - Precinctomega
Man-Hunter - Nameless
Preacher - Hinton
Saviour - Simon W.

so you just need someone to take the alternate twilight knight and your sorted!

The twilight Knight is nice - much nicer than the photos to be honest definatlely worth getting

NeatPete
18-09-2010, 04:53 PM
I you can't find anyone else I can take it. Don't need it by any means and I think the hand orientation on the sword is wrong, but if you can't find a 5th I'll take it. :)

Nameless
18-09-2010, 04:59 PM
now, I won't be able to check forum till next saturday. If there is a full set, please don't forget about. I'll deal with all issues and payments when I'm back :)

Undave
18-09-2010, 06:25 PM
I think the hand orientation on the sword is wrong, :)

Examining the one I've got the only thing a little unusual is that the left hand is highest on the grip instead of the right. If you assume the model is left handed it's perfectly fine though.

NeatPete
18-09-2010, 07:15 PM
yeah, left handed = wrong. It's not right. :ban:

Just looks like wierd to me to have a backhanded swing that is all. But besides that how do you like the mini? I can't seem to find a rear shot of it.

Undave
18-09-2010, 07:39 PM
I reckon it would look pretty good on a scenic base as if it was about to rush round a left handed corner. It would kind of explain why it's holding the sword like that but it seems equally plausible that she's just readying for a backswing. The back is taken up by the sweeping cloak which is very nicely done like the rest of the KD line. To be honest I reckon she's actually my favourite of the whole Gift of Death box.

Scherdy
18-09-2010, 11:21 PM
I'll get in line behind NeatPete if he decides to pass on the alternate twilight knight.

NeatPete
19-09-2010, 07:28 AM
It's yours Scherdy! I have 2 KOD minis, and will get one in on the contest. I was just trying to help out, so by all means enjoy everyone! Can't wait to see what you all come up with.

Good work on the breakdown everyone! Just got 5 more people in on the action.

"I love it when a plan comes together."

Scherdy
25-09-2010, 05:43 AM
I'm not looking to get the packaging or anything. Just wanted to know if everyone was still in on the set?

Hinton
25-09-2010, 05:52 AM
I'm still in, provided I get the mini in time for the comp.

exilesjjb
25-09-2010, 05:55 AM
mine is in the post yay...:coool!:

Orki
25-09-2010, 01:34 PM
I'm still after swapsies (got no monies at the mo) if anyone else has a KD mini spare? Vern has offered me a Saviour mini, which I will likely take him up on if nobody has any alternatives, but i'm guessing that theres gonna be a whole lot of them entered!

Thought i better post my plea up here too as this is the mini thread. :)

War Griffon
25-09-2010, 01:47 PM
Orki, I have discovered I have a spare Foresaker Pin up that I am happy to swap, haven't a clue what I want for it though :smile:

Orki
25-09-2010, 01:54 PM
Ooooh! Another one of my KD faves! Now i got two to choose from... hmm

I should make a list of shineys that i got laying around really and see if either you or Vern want any of them. I've not got alot outside of GW stuff tbh, though I will be making some resin plinths and scenic bases if thats of any interest to you guys?

War Griffon
25-09-2010, 01:56 PM
Always interested in resin plinths if they are good quality :smile:

Vern
25-09-2010, 01:58 PM
I'm happy for you to go for the mini you want :smile: I'll open up the offer to anyone who wants to enter, if you don't need it.

As for swapies, just about anything - although being a pretty mercenary character, if it's GW don't be offended if i end up ebaying it :wink:

Orki
25-09-2010, 01:58 PM
Quality is my middle name! :D

Nameless
25-09-2010, 02:37 PM
Set 1
Alternate Twilight Kinght - Scherdy
Man-Hunter - Nameless
Preacher - Hinton
Saviour - Simon W.

it seems we have one set covered. so, what do we do now?

Orki
25-09-2010, 02:48 PM
I'm happy for you to go for the mini you want :smile: I'll open up the offer to anyone who wants to enter, if you don't need it.

As for swapies, just about anything - although being a pretty mercenary character, if it's GW don't be offended if i end up ebaying it :wink:

Np mate. I do very much like the Saviour and would love the opportunity to paint her up! If you want to ebay anything I send you then feel free. It's no skin off my nose! I've mostly got a few OOP marines and orks bits lurking as well as some old eldar harlies, and there's also the resin bits i'll be casting up if you would like any of them?

Question for you and WG - Does that mean i'd get the KD vouchers too for entering? Or does that go out with/to the initial buyer?

War Griffon
25-09-2010, 02:54 PM
If you enter you get the KD voucher I don't it matters where you buy or who provides the mini for you.

I got all mine from Adam anyway so me passing one on should be fine I would have thought :smile:

Orki
25-09-2010, 02:57 PM
COOL of the highest order. :)

Ok then, assuming I can keep you guys sweet with what i can offer, then i'll take you both up. :)

War Griffon
25-09-2010, 03:00 PM
Fine by me :smile:

Orki
25-09-2010, 03:05 PM
Some plinths it is then for WG. :)

Are you in any rush mate? I'm still sorting out the bases and will be having a good casting run when they're all ready to go. Will be doing some plain (no bevels or routing for the mo) wooden ones as well if you'd prefer?

War Griffon
25-09-2010, 03:11 PM
Prefer resin to wood to be honest .

PM me your address and I shall put the figure in the post to you next week on trust.

Orki
25-09-2010, 03:18 PM
Np mate.

Vey kind of you to trust me (im a c**t really, you shouldn't trust me... ;) ) hehe

Resin it is then, and if you know what min dims you need them to be let me know and i'll make sure they're good for you. I will say though that i'm not sure how long it will take to finish of the masters before i start casting. Are you ok with an indefinite wait? It wont be next summer or anything stoopid like that obv, but it may be a good few weeks yet.

kdlynch
25-09-2010, 03:19 PM
yeah, but we know where you live. mwahhahahahaaaaa :P

War Griffon
25-09-2010, 03:22 PM
By mid November would be a good date for me, variety of dimentions is fine

Orki
25-09-2010, 03:22 PM
Oh ****! Busted!!! :O

Orki
25-09-2010, 03:24 PM
By mid November would be a good date for me, variety of dimentions is fine

Np. :)

You got somehting coming up around then, or is that just the limit of yer patience? :tongue:

War Griffon
25-09-2010, 03:25 PM
Np mate. Vey kind of you to trust me (im a c**t really, you shouldn't trust me... ;) ) hehe.
I'm a trusting sole for the first time but if my trust is proved to be misplaced then you can forget about being on any of the forums and trying to sell anything in the future :smile:

War Griffon
25-09-2010, 03:27 PM
BMSS Show in Bath 21st November, more details on the calender :smile:

Orki
25-09-2010, 03:30 PM
Now, why would I wan't to ruin our love over a mini? :D xxx

Orki
25-09-2010, 03:35 PM
BMSS Show in Bath 21st November, more details on the calender :smile:

Cool. Thats plenty of time mate.

Hinton
25-09-2010, 04:24 PM
Set 1
Alternate Twilight Kinght - Scherdy
Man-Hunter - Nameless
Preacher - Hinton
Saviour - Simon W.

it seems we have one set covered. so, what do we do now?

Since you set things up for this set, you'll be our spokesperson, so go ahead and PM Poots to let him know that we're ready.

Vern
25-09-2010, 04:26 PM
Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes :smile:

http://forum.thescubasite.com/happy/happy0203.gif (http://www.thescubasite.com)

War Griffon
25-09-2010, 04:59 PM
Haven't a clue what that means Vern its gone straight over my head at Mach 5

precinctomega
25-09-2010, 05:20 PM
Just confirming that I'm still in for my contribution to the set. Just tell me who to PayPal my cash to.

R.

Simon.W
26-09-2010, 08:16 AM
I would still like the box and artwork if nobody minds as well as the mini i opted for and if we are all ready Nameless then as Hinton suggested definitely shoot a pm to Poots !!

Nameless
26-09-2010, 10:14 AM
Simon, I don't care for box and all additional stuff. Perhaps it would be reasonable if you contacted Poots, get whole box from him and then sent single minis to the rest of us?

Simon.W
26-09-2010, 01:26 PM
Ok guys pm has been sent and we should all be receiving an individual invoice soon to cover the mini + p&p, I will let you know more once Poots has gotten back in touch with me either via this post or a pm.

Hinton
26-09-2010, 03:15 PM
Cool; thanks, Simon.

And yeah, I don't need the artwork or anything; just the mini will be fine.

Nameless
04-10-2010, 10:44 AM
any news, Simon?

Simon.W
04-10-2010, 12:43 PM
Not as of yet Nameless but i will forward a copy of what he sent to me to each of you if you like as it lists the individual price for us minus p&p i think. It will just be a matter of waiting until Poots gets in touch with each of us to get an email address to send separate invoices unless you want to contact him and give him an email address beforehand.

Nameless
04-10-2010, 12:48 PM
sure, thanks for the update

mkcontra
05-10-2010, 02:51 AM
I'd be interested in a White Speaker. Any groups have one available?

poots
06-10-2010, 06:39 PM
Ok, I have sent everyone for group #1 a PM requesting their emails so I can send the invoice. I'll be shipping them out asap!

Hinton
06-10-2010, 07:18 PM
And I've replied.

Thanks for doing this, Poots! And for the generous prizes for the comp!

poots
06-10-2010, 08:29 PM
It is very much my pleasure.

precinctomega
07-10-2010, 05:47 PM
Paid for and base is under construction!

R.

Grimmo
01-11-2010, 07:46 PM
I've been itching to get some of these gift of death box set minis for a while now, so I'd be more than happy to jump in for some.
Namely, I'm after a White Speaker, the box, and print. Although I wouldn't mind getting a Man-Hunter either.

Feel free to PM me to work things out, as I'm itching to get some of these minis...