PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Death Painting Contest

Pages : [1] 2

Darklord
16-09-2010, 08:17 PM

Wamp is proud to announce a new sponsor for our latest contest:
Kingdom Death!

This contest is one of our most anticipated of the year and we have some great prizes to match.

Prize:
There will be just one winner in this contest but what a prize!
The winner will receive a copy of EVERY miniature Kingdom death release between December 1st 2010 and December 1st 2011. That's EVERY new release for 1 YEAR!!

Only 1 prize? That's great for the winner but what about everyone else? Well EVERY person that enters will receive $25 credit for kingdom Death's online store. That's right each and every one of you that enters will receive that amount!

Interested? Thought you might be!!

You have until 6pm 27th November 2010 GMT to get your entries in.
(supporters you get until 30th November)

You may enter as many times as you like (but you will only receive one $25 credit.)

The rules:
You must be a Wamp Member to participate.

You may enter as many times as you like but each entry may only submit one photograph so if you need more angles it MUST be a montage
any additional photographs of that entry will be removed

All entries must be new work

You give Wamp and Kingdom Death permission to use your pictures for publicity (but you do retain owenrship)

You may post pictures of WIP or final shots both here and elsewhere

Judging will be decided by Public Poll

$25 credit is limited to one per person and does not include shipping costs

Submissions must be posted to the Kingdom Death album located here. (http://www.wamp-forum.com/photopost/g633-kingdom-death-2010.html)

You may enter a single miniature,diorama full 300 piece battle scene - whatever you like as long as its Kingdom Death.

You may enter pieces that were also entered into the Little Angels contest

Kingdom death produce high quality miniatures in 35mm and more on them can be found here: www.kingdomdeath.com (http://www.kingdomdeath.com)

there is also a thread detailing how you may be able to purchase unavailable minis here (http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showthread.php?4220-Kingdom-Death-Minis&p=79734#post79734)

waghorn41
16-09-2010, 08:19 PM
I'm in, got a mini, got the time.

War Griffon
16-09-2010, 08:30 PM
I'm in been waiting for this, just need to finish a few other things off first but should be able to make it :smile:

Captain Sprout
16-09-2010, 08:32 PM
I have one of their minis so this might be a good reason to paint it!

Darklord
16-09-2010, 08:33 PM
no excuses - you get $25 just for entering so in effect a free mini!!

Captain Sprout
16-09-2010, 08:33 PM
It is indeed an incentive!

MaGie
16-09-2010, 08:45 PM
I might enter this one. It also depends on how long it takes for parcels to be delivered here. Once I ordered from the US (reaper), and costums held my parcel for 3 months!!!

War Griffon
16-09-2010, 08:46 PM
no excuses - you get $25 just for entering so in effect a free mini!!

Didn't see that bit but then I admit I only looked for the closing date :smile:

AngelicOne
16-09-2010, 08:48 PM
Now that's a generous prize package!!!

Captain Sprout
16-09-2010, 08:48 PM
I have the manhunter and the white speaker and will give the manhunter a shot.

Nameless
16-09-2010, 08:50 PM
now, if they send me a mini, I will paint it for the contest and won't claim any further prize :P

Boris
16-09-2010, 09:14 PM
Way to go Poots for providing such an awesome prize. Having seen some of their artwork at Salute there could be some gems coming out next year (yeah, like they wouldn't be nice!).
I know Jay's picked up some KD stuff already, so I'm sure he's in.
The $25 credit for entering is awesome - what an incentive.

Ssilmath
16-09-2010, 10:18 PM
I'm noticing that several of the figures are out of stock. Will this be remedied some time soon, or are we stuck with what is available now?

Iacton
16-09-2010, 10:40 PM
In like Flynn.

Thanks Adam and bravo Brett

Darklord
16-09-2010, 11:06 PM
I'm noticing that several of the figures are out of stock. Will this be remedied some time soon, or are we stuck with what is available now?

I believ he does have more stock and shall be updating it shortly. If needs be send poots a pm on wamp he is a member

waghorn41
16-09-2010, 11:21 PM
Had a look at my entry tonight and found a horrendous mould line/step. Might get round it by judicious use of photo angle because to smooth it down could be catastrophic for me.

Darklord
16-09-2010, 11:22 PM
wag you have until the end of November mate - over 2 months to get it sorted!

You can do it:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/ButterwingRules7/whosawesome.jpg

kdlynch
16-09-2010, 11:27 PM
Already ordered the minis a couple weeks ago, and will be entering this one as well. ^^

@poots: very generous prize support from you, thank you very much!!

exilesjjb
16-09-2010, 11:38 PM
ordered mine last night, I'm in:dance:

Darklord
16-09-2010, 11:42 PM
I plan on entering - I have the gift of death set so not sure which to do!! probably the saviour cos its ****ing gorgeous!!

Iacton
16-09-2010, 11:45 PM
Ahem...

kdlynch
16-09-2010, 11:49 PM
@DL: I agree... and predict many saviour v saviours within the contest. lol

Darklord
16-09-2010, 11:52 PM
shhh dont tell Scott!

elysium64
16-09-2010, 11:56 PM
Hi
In another thread I started painting Whitespeaker and Manhunter, but unfortunadely stalled with only basecoats on, would these be permissable either individually or if i get my finger out as part of a diorama? Definitely will enter something as have all of their figures.

Darklord
16-09-2010, 11:57 PM
Hi
In another thread I started painting Whitespeaker and Manhunter, but unfortunadely stalled with only basecoats on, would these be permissable either individually or if i get my finger out as part of a diorama? Definitely will enter something as have all of their figures.

yep absolutley fine. enter however you like, and as many times as you like

Hinton
17-09-2010, 01:20 AM
Well, since I have a couple of KD minis, I'm in (although one of them will have "battle damage" thanks to the cat eating part of it).

Thanks for setting this up, DL and many, many thanks to the generosity of Kingdom Death.

exilesjjb
17-09-2010, 01:32 AM
bad cat:throttle:

Hinton
17-09-2010, 01:33 AM
Little bit. Same cat that knocked my display case down and damaged almost every painted mini I had at the time.

Pete definitely feels my pain...

ScottRadom
17-09-2010, 02:28 AM
Holy **** Poots, that is quite generous!

Simon.W
17-09-2010, 03:00 AM
A very generous offer and incentive Poots and thanks for organizing it DL, should be a popular comp this one.

Orki
17-09-2010, 05:24 AM
The shiney things! The shiney things!

How could I refue a comp like this?! Can't lose either way! Top stuff. :)

Just need to find the funds for a KD mini now I spose...

Nameless
17-09-2010, 08:52 AM
checked their range one again. the only mini I'd really love to paint is manhunter, and ofcourse he's OOP.

warhammergrimace
17-09-2010, 02:00 PM
need to find the one I bought at Salute....entering this means I can buy a mini without it effecting my mini ban...awesome win...LOL

Darklord
17-09-2010, 02:46 PM
need to find the one I bought at Salute....entering this means I can buy a mini without it effecting my mini ban...awesome win...LOL

Thats plan's so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a weasal

http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/passtheremote/baldrick.thumbnail.jpg

NeatPete
17-09-2010, 03:32 PM
yeah, I'll be painting the manhunter for this. So far from now but I'll get thinking about it at least.

Darklord
17-09-2010, 05:40 PM
yeah, I'll be painting the manhunter for this. So far from now but I'll get thinking about it at least.

it'll soon come round mate

breadhead.
17-09-2010, 06:11 PM
That's a crazy generous offer from Poots!

Now, do I say the hell with it and order something from KD for this....

warhammergrimace
17-09-2010, 06:14 PM
OH yeah, you know you want to...bust out the credit card..NOW do it....go on I DARE you...LOL

Darklord
17-09-2010, 06:31 PM
http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0809/credit-cards-cards-credit-money-debt-funny-demotivational-poster-1222555127.gif

breadhead.
17-09-2010, 06:48 PM
I don't use my credit card, tis for emergencies only and I don't think the old 'andbrake (she who must be obeyed) will see this as an emergency!

It's money I could be spending on beer at GD or finally sorting out a decent lamp to paint by...

NeatPete
17-09-2010, 07:42 PM
Oh man.. I just saw the $25 credit per entry... Thats crazy cool! Defenetly incentive to get painting. I'm stoked because the manhunter will be the larget mini I've painted and i will finally have to suck it up and paint it. I got some good ideas for him to.

Thansk for the generous incentive Poots, great idea.

...and yeah, my cat played rampage on my painting staion the other day. 5 minis half painted all broken off the blocks and on the floor. Only one got chipped and the bent spear got straight with no worries. Bad Kitty, No!

Darklord
17-09-2010, 07:44 PM
you may want to hold of buying for a short while - Me and Adam are trying to sort something that would allow some of you a greater choice of minis (inclduing white speakers, saviours and more!)

Nameless
17-09-2010, 07:56 PM
(inclduing white speakers, saviours and more!)
I do hope manhunter is that "and more"

Darklord
17-09-2010, 08:02 PM
right I have posted details on how you may purchase some 'extra' unavailable minis here:
http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showthread.php?4220-Kingdom-Death-Minis&p=79734#post79734

poots
17-09-2010, 08:42 PM
I am truly thrilled about this contest!

In a strange way I wish I could give more / even better prizes, especially to the people here at WAMP whom have been nothing but supportive of my endeavors. I'm gonna see if I can get some of my friends to join up to wamp and jump into the competition too!

@Nameless - Haha! You know I am not too oopposed to the idea, but how can we guarantee that you indeed paint the mini and enter the contest? Also, doing it that way would surely invalidate you from a chance at the grand prize no?

@waghorn41 - Oh no! Please PM about the mini and more details and I'll get a replacement out to you real quick.

@Boris - Would you believe we have around 30 finished miniatures at this point? I just don't have the damn time release them!

@Iacton - Finally! I've been waiting to see that painted savior for ages now! No excuses!

War Griffon
17-09-2010, 09:10 PM
Adam,

Which was the female wearing glasses, holding a book and had a big hammer across her back?
She was done in 54mm scale as well as 28/32mm scale.

Also can I enter her if I finish her as she isn't on the site?

Nameless
17-09-2010, 09:58 PM
that was more of a joke, Poots :) will pm you though :)

Darklord
17-09-2010, 11:28 PM
Also can I enter her if I finish her as she isn't on the site?

thats fine from Wamp side of things - shoot Adam a pm though to heck hes ok with it

War Griffon
20-09-2010, 11:06 AM
Cheers DL, I shall do that :smile:

KittenCeleste
24-09-2010, 04:23 PM
*high pitched squeeeeee*
The sexy pinup was waiting in the post box for me this eve, wow that got here quick. ^^
Now to figure out how to flatter it as much as possible with a little paint and TLC. :wink:
First attempt ever at this type of mini, this should be great fun!

Darklord
24-09-2010, 04:25 PM
good luck kitten - feel free to start a WIp thread if you want any input along the way

KittenCeleste
24-09-2010, 07:53 PM
Cheers darlin', will keep it in mind :)
Hints and help is always great for us beginners ^^

Orki
24-09-2010, 08:01 PM
I really wanna enter this one. KD do some fantastic minis, and the $25 incentive is still too good to ignore but I have no monies! Would this be the right thread to ask about a mini swap or something?

Vern
24-09-2010, 10:10 PM
I really wanna enter this one. KD do some fantastic minis, and the $25 incentive is still too good to ignore but I have no monies! Would this be the right thread to ask about a mini swap or something?

I do have a saviour to swap

http://shop.kingdom-death.com/images/products/savior_1693031_290.jpg

Orki
24-09-2010, 11:34 PM
Thanks Vern. Man I love that mini! :)

I think everyone is entering her! :( So I better kick some serious arse with her really! Not sure if I shall go with her yet tbh, I may well hold out for a bit and see if anything else comes up. You after anything in particular though?

Hinton
25-09-2010, 12:54 AM
I'm not entering a Savior, if that's any consolation. :wink:

kdlynch
25-09-2010, 12:55 AM
I am, if that's not. mwahahhahahhaaaaaa!!

Ssilmath
25-09-2010, 05:21 AM
Still waiting on my chosen model to come through the mail, but I did get the Deathbox that a friend ordered for me. I may end up using one of the models inside, they're all amazing.

kdlynch
25-09-2010, 05:40 AM
mine arrived today ^^ will bring them down to the store so you can have a looksee

Ulfgrimr
25-09-2010, 01:43 PM
Just received mine from the postie and on first look I have to say the minis are absolutely fantastic, beautiful sculpts and gorgeous castings, really looking forward to daubing a bit of pigment on them. Well done Poots on a brilliant product.

War Griffon
25-09-2010, 01:48 PM
I'm not entering a Savior, if that's any consolation. :wink:

Niether am I but then again if painting goes well on what I intend to enter then I may end up painting one and putting that in as well :smile:

Vern
25-09-2010, 01:53 PM
Not sure if i'll be entering (but I'm still waiting on a figure, Mr Poots??)

MaGie
25-09-2010, 03:37 PM
My Twilight pin-up was delivered today (quite quickly, ordered through CMON) but I must say I'm quite shocked to see the quality of the cast. And not positively unfortunately. All the details look sort of melted, especially on the legs & sword (which has hardly any detail left). But there are also some kind of tidal waves going on all over the sculpt. It's a real pity because I was looking forward to painting this, now I think it's not really worth the effort.

Orki
25-09-2010, 03:40 PM
Oh dear! Anyone else had problems with the cast, or are they all good with the exception of MaGie's?

kdlynch
25-09-2010, 03:43 PM
i've only glanced at mine so far, will be showing off at store today, so any errors will be found there. i've got both from KD direct (box set+), as well as the pinups from CMON.

(not sculpt related, but i did notice in the box set, there were no art cards for the minis, but not sure there was s'posed to be, and i might potentially be missing one base from one of the pinups, but wanted to double/triple/quadruple check everything before PMing poots. ^^)

War Griffon
25-09-2010, 03:44 PM
All the ones I have are good quality and this is the first I have heard of somebody getting a bad cast!

Orki
25-09-2010, 04:00 PM
Sound like it was a late pour. You get a certain amount of decent flow time as the resin starts to harden. The Fastcast resins are more suceptable to this given how quickly it cures, and can sometimes be too viscous to fill the mould detail properly, causing dead spots/bad detail/and flow marks. Normal curetime resin though takes ages and isn't likely to do this unless the caster forgot about it for a good few hours. Bad venting can restrict the flow too sometimes.

Vern
25-09-2010, 04:23 PM
My Twilight pin-up was delivered today (quite quickly, ordered through CMON) but I must say I'm quite shocked to see the quality of the cast. And not positively unfortunately. All the details look sort of melted, especially on the legs & sword (which has hardly any detail left). But there are also some kind of tidal waves going on all over the sculpt. It's a real pity because I was looking forward to painting this, now I think it's not really worth the effort.

I'd pm or email Adam - I think he'll be horrified

Most I've had, have just need the usual resin clean up - one side of the priest was a little pitted, but not disastrous

Hinton
25-09-2010, 04:33 PM
Didn't have any problems with the Twilight Knight Pin-up that I got. Even reviewed it (I should probably do that write-up review for it that was requested. Yeep! Sorry, DL!)

MaGie
25-09-2010, 05:22 PM
Yeah it's a real pity. I just put the mini together and I saw that the cape can cover most of the miss-cast on the back, so that's OK. If I manage to find a different sword (or anything else that fits), it may be worth a try to fix the front legs. The face + cape look very good and at least I won't have to sculpt anything. You just don't expect a lot of prep work on quite an expensive mini I guess.
I can understand that things can go wrong with casting and that a bad cast can accidentally end up in packaging. Nothing you can do about that.

KittenCeleste
25-09-2010, 05:58 PM
I had the same problem on mine that arrived. It had lines and fuzziness all over the place, but I think I've managed to get most of it off. The left-hand side of the cape needs redoing and her right knee pad is almost melted into her leg. The rest, I'm hoping to camouflage as I go along. :tongue:
It's still a really cool mini, and as I have no reference I thought resin figures were that tricky to begin with. It's almost a relief that it doesn't seem to be the case.
I'm painting and entering this, come rain or shine! :wink:

MaGie
25-09-2010, 06:58 PM
I'm also not really used to resin figures, maybe I expect to much from it. So far I still don't see the advantage of using resin over white metal though.
I think it will be ok when a lot of time is spend on cleaning it, maybe I'm to fussy over that.

poots
27-09-2010, 04:09 PM
@KittenCeleste & @MaGie

Not all casts are equal to each other and certainly while we endeavor to make sure we only pack up the very best ones... lemon's do slip out once in a while. I do apologize and would be happy to replace the parts that seem unnaturally melty! Srlsy tho, I am happy to help!

Her right Knee Pad printed without the slight undercut, so even the 3D master appears this way.

@everyone

Did you guys happen to see this Twilight Knight Conversion that slipped its way unto cmon? Suffice to say I was SUPER elated!

http://coolminiornot.com/pics/pics14/img4c973430c692a.jpg

The Link :
http://coolminiornot.com/259947

War Griffon
27-09-2010, 04:19 PM
Yep, saw it this morning, looks very nice and atmospheric :smile:

Hinton
28-09-2010, 12:07 AM
Yeah, someone posted that here somewhere. Very nice work on it!

KittenCeleste
28-09-2010, 06:57 AM
Faaaaaaaaaaaaantastic :biggrin:

ogreninja
05-10-2010, 01:49 AM
wow nice work

Iacton
07-10-2010, 12:00 AM
PIP....

2 on the go in fact :redface:

Anyone else yet?

Hinton
07-10-2010, 01:03 AM
Don't have anything done yet, but am working on it.

War Griffon
07-10-2010, 01:25 AM
I have one or two to work on :smile:

Just need to get some others out of the way first :o(

MaGie
07-10-2010, 10:32 AM
Spend some time cleaning the miniature today. I think I've found a way to get around the bad cast parts. And a good thing about this is, that for the first time ever I sculpted a body part. Well, it's a hand, but a very tiny at that. Also found a good replacement for the sword I think.
I'm really starting to look forward to painting this :)

Darklord
07-10-2010, 11:00 AM
PIP....

2 on the go in fact :redface:

Anyone else yet?

Mr Cardiss will be receiving one from me shortly - so theres an incentive for you to win!!

Havent started mine yet - got a couple of comissions to get out of the way first

KittenCeleste
07-10-2010, 11:09 AM
Yeps, working on it, just not got all the bits I need together.
Theme has changed about 3 times since I started on this, currently experimenting and trying to figure out how to get all the effects I'm after.
The next hurdle will be to make something other than a gaming base. :biggrin:

But yeah, renavations aside, hoping to get something done by the deadline. A lot of firsts going into this one, it's a hoot and a half to do!

Darklord
07-10-2010, 11:52 AM
A lot of firsts going into this one, it's a hoot and a half to do!

contests are great for this - pushing yourself

Keeper
07-10-2010, 01:08 PM
Having just unpacked some KD minis and got my painting table into a basically usable state, I may have to see if I can enter this one! :)

Its been too long ...

Iacton
07-10-2010, 01:51 PM
Mr Cardiss will be receiving one from me shortly

:02:

kdlynch
07-10-2010, 02:38 PM
Got the minis, but not even assembled yet... will be entering this one though. ^^

Iacton
08-10-2010, 11:38 AM
Well, had a nice session with the 1st of the 2 that I'm doing and was very pleasantly surprised how nicely the model painted up. Could have it finished in a couple more sessions....

Mako
08-10-2010, 12:01 PM
After one or two subtle mentions of WAMP at games day this year I've signed up just in time it seems!

White speaker is sat on my table, just a couple of bits of flash to clear off and she'll be getting done...

A lovely cast, and I'm glad I managed to grab hold of one at Salute last year.

War Griffon
08-10-2010, 12:06 PM
Welcome to :Wamp: Mako

Iacton
08-10-2010, 12:21 PM
Hi mate

breadhead.
08-10-2010, 12:49 PM
Hi Mako, think I was talking to you at GD about whether the arse of the assassin belonged to a man or a woman...

Won't be entering this competition unfortunately. Second year of Uni is going to involve a lot more work than the 1st year. Don't think I will have much time for painting at all :frown:

Hinton
08-10-2010, 01:54 PM
Hello and welcome to WaMP, mako.

Love the avatar, by the way.

Darklord
08-10-2010, 02:04 PM
Hi Mako welcome along - Nigels silver tongue worked on you then!! (oo er matron!)

Vern
08-10-2010, 02:54 PM
After one or two subtle mentions of WAMP at games day this year I've signed up just in time it seems!

White speaker is sat on my table, just a couple of bits of flash to clear off and she'll be getting done...

A lovely cast, and I'm glad I managed to grab hold of one at Salute last year.

:Wamp:

Ulfgrimr
10-10-2010, 12:12 PM
Hi Mako & welcome to WAMP.

Mako
10-10-2010, 01:19 PM
Cheers guys, nice to get such a warm welcome!

@Breadhead: That assassin was creepy. Although the worst part was seeing him sans mask at the end of the day and realising it was a rather wierd looking guy in a skintight lycra bodysuit...

I'm not so sure it was Nigel's silver tongue, more likely the sheer volume of his yelling WAMP over and over in the little owl...

Darklord
11-10-2010, 09:36 AM
I'm not so sure it was Nigel's silver tongue, more likely the sheer volume of his yelling WAMP over and over in the little owl...

yes the Carmen method of subliminal messaging does need some fine tuning!! (though it seemingly worked!)

mattimao
11-10-2010, 06:11 PM
I was very happy to see this contest announced! It was the leap I needed to join the forums and stop just lurking. Now I need to get moving on my enteries!

kdlynch
11-10-2010, 06:15 PM
Welcome to WaMP, mattimao! ^^

War Griffon
11-10-2010, 06:38 PM
:Wamp: mattimao

Darklord
11-10-2010, 07:02 PM
I was very happy to see this contest announced! It was the leap I needed to join the forums and stop just lurking. Now I need to get moving on my enteries!

good man! looking forward to seeing your entry

Hinton
11-10-2010, 07:35 PM

Hello and welcome to WaMP!

Vern
11-10-2010, 10:28 PM

:Wamp:

Ulfgrimr
12-10-2010, 08:42 AM
Hi mattimao and welcome to WAMP.

Iacton
15-10-2010, 02:08 PM
1st Entry very nearly finished.
With real life stuff taking priority at the moment I still hope to have the second model done (properly), but no promises. It's been a really rough fortnight for me.

Darklord
15-10-2010, 02:44 PM
good stuff fella - what's your 2nd piece? (im assuming the first is the saviour?)

mattimao
15-10-2010, 03:29 PM
I am doing well on my entry. I am amazed at the amount of detail on the KD minis. Every time I look I seem to find another hidden detail!
They are very fun to paint and I am having a blast!
Looking forward to seeing what everyone turns out.

I did want peoples opinion on the bases for the Kingdom Death minis. I am mounting my KD minis on the bases they came with. The bases are then finished in just a plain black. I did this in order to keep the minis ready to go for the KD game once it comes out. Leaving the bases plain also tends to really help bring the attention to the mini. ( I still remember the first time I heard, " Not to take away from your mini, but your bases are awesome!" . May seem weird, but that statement really hit me hard!:rolleyes:

So, how is everyone planning on finishing the base on thier KD mini?

Iacton
15-10-2010, 03:32 PM
good stuff fella - what's your 2nd piece? (im assuming the first is the saviour?)

Actually, the saviour is the 2nd piece. I did her base and the base for the other one - the preacher, but then started painting the other model and stuck with it. I do still really want to get her done next, so it's just what time allows...

kdlynch
15-10-2010, 03:42 PM
I too will be keeping the game bases... will prolly do something on them (undecided yet), but nothing too fancy, as I want to try the game as well when it releases. ^^

Darklord
15-10-2010, 03:48 PM
the other one - the preacher.

guess which one i sent to Cardiss?!!

Iacton
15-10-2010, 04:44 PM
The Gorm? Ah, no, that would be Nigel :rolleyes:

Darklord
15-10-2010, 06:50 PM
similar hair line

waghorn41
15-10-2010, 09:55 PM
Well I may be out of this comp now. Started to tidy up my mini, remove flash etc when SNAP! Parted compay at both ankles. Need to do some seriously delicate drilling and pinning :frown: and Savior is such a beautiful sculpt

War Griffon
15-10-2010, 10:02 PM
Ouch that's bad bad news Wag

Vern
15-10-2010, 10:04 PM
Yep, ouch - tbh, she's too delicate for me to contemplate

waghorn41
15-10-2010, 10:08 PM
I WILL repair her it's just that time may be against me as I wanted to really push my painting on this one. She is really, really delicate and the mould lines on my mini are quite bad. Anyhows I'll get her done and post her pic up in due course.

Cregan Tur
15-10-2010, 10:17 PM
I was trying really hard not to do this contest, but finally the bonus of a free mini (that's basically what the credit is) got to me. I just ordered the Preacher and will be painting him up for this comp.

I'm going to be saving my credit for the Twilight Knight- design looks awesome!

Hinton
16-10-2010, 01:29 AM
Bummer to hear that, wag. Hopefully you can get it fixed in time.

Simon.W
16-10-2010, 01:59 AM
That is definitely not good Wag and something i will take note of as i have a savior making its way to me, but good luck with the repair work and i hope you get it fixed well enough.

NeatPete
16-10-2010, 02:30 AM
Quit hobbling your models Waghorn! that sucks buddy.

Iacton
16-10-2010, 10:17 AM
I drilled her legs fairly deeply to avoid snapping her ankles. It's not too difficult with a 0.5mm bit and some thin wire, just painstaking, especially if you've got to join the broken bits up! Good luck Wag, steady as she goes :wink:

Darklord
16-10-2010, 12:49 PM
go for it wag. I hate drilling thin legs - I always go through them!! maybe I wont do the saviour after all!

KittenCeleste
16-10-2010, 06:03 PM
Fingers crossed, Wag!
I'd say 'break a leg', but that already happened.. -_-
*ducks oncoming projectiles* :biggrin:

waghorn41
16-10-2010, 08:13 PM
I drilled her legs fairly deeply to avoid snapping her ankles. It's not too difficult with a 0.5mm bit and some thin wire, just painstaking, especially if you've got to join the broken bits up! Good luck Wag, steady as she goes :wink:

Yep, 0.5 drill and brass wire, that's standard practice for me. Just need a steady hand and eye - or two

Captain Sprout
16-10-2010, 08:45 PM
Does it have to be on its gaming base? Hoping not.

waghorn41
16-10-2010, 08:51 PM

Not at all, the choice of base is yours, as simple or complex as you like :smile:

War Griffon
16-10-2010, 08:51 PM

I hope not as well as I wasn't intending to do mine on its gaming base. I don't remember seeing it in the rules.

I already have my base worked out for what I am doing I just need to get the figure out of the packet and start the prep and painting :smile:

Captain Sprout
16-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Thanks guys, had me worried for a moment!

KittenCeleste
16-10-2010, 09:35 PM
Mine's pretty much done, needing to even out and repair some of the many experiments that went awry.. :redface:

waghorn41
17-10-2010, 03:28 PM
Just realised the closing date is 27 NOVEMBER and here's me thinking October! maybe I've got a chance to finish after all :smile:

Hinton
17-10-2010, 03:38 PM
Sure you do!

Nameless
18-10-2010, 12:51 PM
yes, Novemeber deadline is nice thing, cause I still don't have my KD mini :)

Hinton
18-10-2010, 02:27 PM
Wow; got mine a few days ago. Of course, if you're overseas it might take a little longer.

Nameless
18-10-2010, 03:01 PM
that's ok, I won't have time for KD mini until november anyway :)

KittenCeleste
18-10-2010, 04:36 PM
KD ship their stuff out very fast, and wings its way across the pond in no time. -Still plenty of time to snag one for a comp! ;)

Nameless
18-10-2010, 05:35 PM
got my mini today! cast quality is very good, btw

NeatPete
18-10-2010, 06:25 PM
that's ok, I won't have time for KD mini until november anyway :)

Me to mang. Not sure if I should do the Manhunter or the hot babe with the sword and the good hips for bearing children.

Hinton
18-10-2010, 08:00 PM
Working on Preacher myself (anyone care to guess what the next review is? :tongue:) and, if time allows, the Twilight Knight pin-up. So hopefully I'll have at least one in for this.

Vern
19-10-2010, 12:08 AM
Me to mang. Not sure if I should do the Manhunter or the hot babe with the sword and the good hips for bearing children.

Tsk, bet you say that every Saturday night :tongue:

NeatPete
19-10-2010, 12:42 AM
that was supposed to be our secret Vern!

Iacton
19-10-2010, 01:36 AM
Preacher done, all bar some dullcote. Saviour next :smile:

ScottRadom
19-10-2010, 01:50 AM
Preacher is the one I am thinking about too Scott. GREAT MINDS!!!!

precinctomega
19-10-2010, 10:41 AM
Well, my White Speaker just arrived, which is awesome. I'm amazed by the fineness of the detail and the quality. However, as often occurs with resin casting, there are some unfortunate flaws. Her knife blade is entirely absent, her right arm snapped off in transit and, whilst that's easy enough to put back on, the tips of the fingers on her right hand are missing and, in this case, the fineness of the sculpting works against her, because I just can't replace those in any way that won't lead to them falling off again in the future.

Fortunately, I was already planning to convert her to a post-apoc/cyberpunk theme. So it looks like she'll be getting a bionic right lower arm...

R.

NeatPete
19-10-2010, 04:13 PM
Way to roll with the punch precintomega. Sounds interesting.

Hinton
19-10-2010, 07:58 PM
Bummer to hear about the problems with the mini; still, when life hands you a miscast mini, do a conversion! Sounds like a good plan.

mattimao
20-10-2010, 07:06 PM
I hope everyone has had as much fun as I have with these minis. They are very well sculpted and incredibly detailed. I am so looking forward to what else Poots has down the line for us!

NeatPete
20-10-2010, 07:15 PM
I saw somwthing with beatifully feathered wings the other day...

mattimao
20-10-2010, 08:07 PM
Adam was nice enough to send me the same tease! I can not wait to see the rest of the mini! Those wings are unreal!

Cregan Tur
21-10-2010, 09:48 PM
My Preacher arrived today with a very nice art card. This guy's going to be a lot of fun to work on.

brushmistress
21-10-2010, 11:09 PM
Yeah - I'm thinking about having a go at this one. I picked up a Kingdom Death model @ GenCon that I'm itching to paint. Like all painting contest though, I have to try and squeeze it in amidst the real world work I've gotta do. :(

NeatPete
21-10-2010, 11:26 PM
GO Jess, Go Jess, you can do it. If you do you get $25 KOD credit just for entering!

Darklord
22-10-2010, 04:25 PM
Yeah - I'm thinking about having a go at this one. I picked up a Kingdom Death model @ GenCon that I'm itching to paint. Like all painting contest though, I have to try and squeeze it in amidst the real world work I've gotta do. :(

Jess, Rob is entering this so go for it - battle of the Wyrd painters!

lexi
26-10-2010, 10:01 PM
Hi,

my name (nick) is lexi I just joined your forum and i want to say "Hello".
I recently finished the beautiful "twilight knight pinup miniature" of Kingdom Death and would like to take part of this great contest. I've uploaded my entry in the gallery already. Hope You like it!
Greetings from germany!

Cheers lexi

exilesjjb
26-10-2010, 10:19 PM
welcome to WaMP lexi hope you hang around and enjoy the forum after the comp

shanerozzell
26-10-2010, 10:36 PM
welcome to the firum lexi, Like exiles said, hope you stick around:smile:

Vern
26-10-2010, 10:40 PM
:Wamp: lovely take on a theme, Lexi

Orki
27-10-2010, 01:08 AM
Give up now everyone...

That's one of the finest pieces i've seen in a long time. I've spent many an hour oggling your work there. The ante has just been seriously upped!

Good to have you on board Lexi! I'll be picking your brains about your wonderfull work, and I'm sure you'll be a welcome asset to the forum. :)

Cregan Tur
27-10-2010, 01:31 AM
Welcome- always glad to see new people! You've encouraged me to really step up my game for this comp, so I hope to give you some competition!

Hinton
27-10-2010, 02:20 AM
Hello and welcome to WaMP!

KittenCeleste
27-10-2010, 06:53 AM
Good to have more people aboard! :madhouse:

Nameless
27-10-2010, 08:53 AM
Give up now everyone...
my thoughts exactly... I'm still gonna try to use the deadline as the motivator to paint another mini for my collection :)

lexi
27-10-2010, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I hope that nobody gives up because of my entry. Since there is no reason to.
I am looking forward to seeing your entries!

@orki:
I am glad that you like my work.

Keep on happy painting!

edit: Ah, Orki... I remember now. That fantastic 'Done and dusted! " on Cmon was your work! Very nice!

Iacton
27-10-2010, 10:40 AM
Aha. The Red Riding Hood piece. She's pretty. Welcome aboard Lexi, loving the work :redface:

Orki
27-10-2010, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I hope that nobody gives up because of my entry. Since there is no reason to.
I am looking forward to seeing your entries!

@orki:
I am glad that you like my work.

Keep on happy painting!

edit: Ah, Orki... I remember now. That fantastic 'Done and dusted! " on Cmon was your work! Very nice!

Hahaa! No, I certainly won't be giving up! :D It was just a compliment about your superb LRRH, one of the best pieces i've ever seen. Inspirational. :)

And thank you for the compliment, glad you like. :) I have a long way to go yet, but you will be a worthy foe to crush in the Kingdom Death comp. Mwahahaaa! :P

NeatPete
27-10-2010, 04:00 PM
Give up? I haven't even won it yet...

Orki
27-10-2010, 04:12 PM
Get back in the queue, Pete my man. No cutsies!

lexi
27-10-2010, 08:43 PM
Yeah, fighting spirit!

Darklord
01-11-2010, 01:56 PM
4 weeks left folks!

Hinton
01-11-2010, 01:57 PM
Just about done with the mini. A few finishing touches and I'll call it done. Need to work on a base, though; inspiration seems to be lacking in that area.

Darklord
01-11-2010, 01:59 PM
I haven't even started mine - I think alas I wont get the chance to paint it in time. Seems I do more admin and less painting everyday!

War Griffon
01-11-2010, 02:06 PM
I primed mine the other day but it might yet end up staying in that state for a while to come like my previous comp entries for Red Box and AOW :o(

Iacton
01-11-2010, 02:10 PM
3/4 through the second model and looking forward to having a big stock up of KD after this :redface:

ps anyone heard from le poots recently?

Nameless
01-11-2010, 02:18 PM
primed my manhunter today...

Darklord
01-11-2010, 02:57 PM
primed my manhunter today...

thats sounds so rude!

@Iacon - he's about just totally swamped, you need help with something?

Iacton
01-11-2010, 03:06 PM
Nope. Just curious/nosy... http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/Iacton/Smilies/angel2_smily.gif

waghorn41
01-11-2010, 11:25 PM
Well as I dnf'd in the Arcane and Rotten Harvest comps I guess I can just concentrate on KD, I just so want to paint that mini - and no the $25 doesn't tempt me to enter at all, you should all know that by now. :smile:

Cregan Tur
01-11-2010, 11:42 PM
I tried painting the flesh on the preacher's face by wet blending using non "flesh" paints. It turned out okay, but not good enough so I've had to scrap it and start all over. I;m hoping to finish the skin tonight.

Orki
01-11-2010, 11:59 PM
4 weeks!

Good job really, as that's plenty of time to put the effort in on a proper piece for this one. :P

Can't wait to see all the entries, this comp's gonna be a corker! :)

NeatPete
02-11-2010, 02:57 AM
ok, Pulp city down, Rotten Harvet down, Finish my ladder and then I can start on this...

Mako
02-11-2010, 08:49 PM
Well, I've at least started the white speaker :eek:

You never know, I may actaully get her finished too, now I've decided how to base her...

Iacton
03-11-2010, 02:57 AM
Just about finished. I've run out of KD to paint too! :frown:

Time for the SI piece now....

Darklord
03-11-2010, 03:17 PM
Scott I saw rob's preacher the other day - yours is probably better at this stage

Iacton
03-11-2010, 03:22 PM
What? Cos it's finished!? :throttle:

Darklord
03-11-2010, 03:24 PM
well even being started put yours ahead!

Iacton
03-11-2010, 03:46 PM
Ah. So Rob's going for the "Get it finished and photo'd 10 minutes before the deadline" approach then? :wink:

No, he's got weeks yet. He'll be fine.

It's dremel time for me and the SI piece tonight...

Halestorm
08-11-2010, 04:51 PM
I managed to prime the manhunter yesterday, shall be interesting trying to finish it tho,

Bloody nice miniature.

Iain.

brushmistress
08-11-2010, 07:29 PM
Scott I saw rob's preacher the other day - yours is probably better at this stage

Rob...as in Cardiss? How the hell is that uncommunicative bugger doing? He hasn't shown his face on Wyrd in many many months now!

Darklord
08-11-2010, 07:43 PM
Rob...as in Cardiss? How the hell is that uncommunicative bugger doing? He hasn't shown his face on Wyrd in many many months now!

hes ok, though probably still hungover from our night out - getting in at 4.30 am is too much for the old codger it seems!! hes not had much internet but he's slowly getting sorted I think

Nameless
08-11-2010, 08:23 PM
started painting my manhunter. main prize is outside my reach, but I'm gonna fight for the "refund" prize, i.e. I'll do my best to finish by the deadline ;)

Hinton
08-11-2010, 08:24 PM
Got my Preacher done; just need to come up with a base.

Orki
09-11-2010, 12:36 AM
Now at the blu-tack stage with mine. :cool:

Loanna
09-11-2010, 11:15 AM
I'm in also, even tho I don't think I can surpass the entryes that have been already submitted

Cregan Tur
09-11-2010, 02:41 PM
Don't sell yourself short, Loanna, you could surprise yourself and do very well! If nothing else painting on a deadline and competing in a comp are invaluable expereinces.

KittenCeleste
09-11-2010, 06:51 PM
I'm in also, even tho I don't think I can surpass the entryes that have been already submitted

Agreed with Cregan, you never know until you try!
Besides, there's only one way to get better; practice. So paint and have fun, learn from the gang of super-friendly,helpful and excellent painters found here. :grouphug:

brushmistress
09-11-2010, 11:13 PM

I feel the same way - now that Natalya (at least I think that's her as Lexi) has an entry up I'm seriously dejected! I'm still going to give it a go though. :)

Captain Sprout
09-11-2010, 11:32 PM
My view is enter with the view of seeing if you get better each time vs yourself :biggrin:

Vern
09-11-2010, 11:42 PM
I agree with above sentiment, paint for the sake of it and improve as you do, besides

EVERY person that enters will receive $25 credit for Kingdom Death's online store.

is also a pretty good incentive :wink:

NeatPete
10-11-2010, 12:07 AM
haha. I never thought I'd win a contest... till the day I won one. :)

Gotta love contests. Push yourself to get better and the deadline always helps you make decisions and not get hung up on stuff you don't "know how to paint" gotta make a decision and move on.

Loving the $25 credit just for entering as well. Thats 1st place in some contests!

Got my Manhunter all prepped and pinned last night. As I was prepping, I think this is the first resin mini I've ever painted!! I can't believe it. First time I ever washed a mini with soapy water as well. First time painting anything bigger than 32 mm as well. First time I've gone off about so many firsts before. Oh shut up already!

KittenCeleste
10-11-2010, 06:50 AM
As I was prepping, I think this is the first resin mini I've ever painted!! I can't believe it. First time I ever washed a mini with soapy water as well. First time painting anything bigger than 32 mm as well. First time I've gone off about so many firsts before. Oh shut up already!

Glad to hear I'm not the only re****.... hmm... rrrreee***.... arg.. remorse n00b entering.
Racking up a load of experiements with this one too, not all of them wored out like I'd hoped, and some of them turned out fanbloodytastic. :biggrin:
Already cooking up ideas on how to do my next KD mini. O.o

lexi
10-11-2010, 09:30 AM
Ah, the gallery is getting full now!

I feel the same way - now that Natalya (at least I think that's her as Lexi) has an entry up I'm seriously dejected! I'm still going to give it a go though. :)
@brushmistress:
Oh no, this is not Natalya! You might have this idea because of the name.. AlexiZ...lexi... But I'm just a guy from germany called Alexander and lexi is a nick, that some friends gave me... Alexander <---> lexi, you know!? No slayersword, no fame, nothing ;-)
You can take a look at my Cmon gallery, if you want (lexi999). There are just a few pics, and you'll recognize it's not Natalya.

Iacton
10-11-2010, 09:52 AM
Actu-lolled! :grin

Not often a big German bloke is happy to be compared to a Russian lady....

RogerB
10-11-2010, 10:00 AM
Damn my glacial slowness at painting, and the fact my KD minis are over with Liz, otherwise I'd be wiping the floor with you all. :lol:

Of course I can say that for all competitions as I'll never meet a deadline. I have to plan ahead for a competition five years from now.

brushmistress
10-11-2010, 11:26 AM
@brushmistress:
Oh no, this is not Natalya! You might have this idea because of the name.. AlexiZ...lexi... But I'm just a guy from germany called Alexander and lexi is a nick, that some friends gave me... Alexander <---> lexi, you know!? No slayersword, no fame, nothing ;-)
You can take a look at my Cmon gallery, if you want (lexi999). There are just a few pics, and you'll recognize it's not Natalya.

My apologies Alexander! :) Truly amazing gallery you've got! Out of curiosity, it appears that your level of painting went up drastically in the past year - what were your inspirations?

precinctomega
10-11-2010, 12:42 PM
Well, My White Speaker is nearly finished (at least, I've finished the flesh and, let's face it, that's most of the mini on the White Speaker!

I've finished building the base, but not started painting it, yet, and I've just decided to bin her spear for a flag instead, so... Better get to work!

R.

lexi
10-11-2010, 04:32 PM
My apologies Alexander! :)
No worries!

Truly amazing gallery you've got! Out of curiosity, it appears that your level of painting went up drastically in the past year - what were your inspirations?
Thx.
Hmm, there were several things that pushed me up. The I-net with tons of inspiration. Using a wet-palett, witch make it much easier to find the right dilution. And painting with friends to learn from each other, brainstorming ideas to not just paint a mini but try to tell a little story.

Orki
11-11-2010, 03:51 AM
I'm past the blu-tack stage and well into the "Dang it! I should've though of that first!" stage. After the couple of days of rushed work with my Pulp City entry, Lexi's entry has really made me want to put some proper effort into this comp. You sir, have raised the game significantly!

I now have a little under 3 weeks to crank out a Lexi-busting masterpiece...

Ladies and gents, please keep your hardhats and protective clothing on at all times when in the vicinity.
Please keep to the minimum safe distance.
Do not look directly at the artist while he works, as he believes it will steal the soul from his art.
Do not feed the apes.
Do not fraternise with my entourage of Swedish virgins.
Do not play with the atomic discombobulator.

I can't stress the last point enough, people. Despite what they might say, nobody likes having to be re-combobulated. It's icky, and it smells bad.

lexi
12-11-2010, 11:42 AM
I've got some chocolat for you, m8! Wow, these swedish girls looks pretty. Whats that? Some kind of soul? Let me take a look, can I touch it? Hmmm, I think, I have to press the button of this huge machine... Atomic Dis... *Klick* What's happening here.... Arrrrrgh...

Leperous
15-11-2010, 10:51 PM
I've finished a Forsaker but I was going to base it with something from Scibor (http://www.sciborminiatures.com/) - is this okay or would you prefer photos without?

Darklord
15-11-2010, 11:46 PM
I've finished a Forsaker but I was going to base it with something from Scibor (http://www.sciborminiatures.com/) - is this okay or would you prefer photos without?

thats fine Leperous oh and welcome to Wamp

exilesjjb
16-11-2010, 12:59 AM
Welcome to WaMP, looking forward to seeing your work Leperous

Cornelius
16-11-2010, 08:02 AM
Hey first post on these boards even though i posted my entry back in early October. Just saw the wet-nurse release and decided i want to own one just because :biggrin:. So does anyone know how the 25 credit thing works? Or do we only get them when the contest is done?

BTW some very nice entries that have been posted so far :smile:

Cornelius

Ulfgrimr
16-11-2010, 08:43 AM
Hi leperous and Cornelius & welcome to WAMP.

Chameleon
16-11-2010, 09:48 AM
Well my white speaker is getting there very slowly. Like others, I'm pretty amazed by the standard of entries already!

But as you get a free mini at the end of it, it gives me a good excuse to paint a relatively expensive mini and not worry about how well it comes out!

Darklord
16-11-2010, 09:51 AM
So does anyone know how the 25 credit thing works? Or do we only get them when the contest is done?

yes credit will be given after the contest has finished

NeatPete
16-11-2010, 05:49 PM
Finally got my dude all primed and on the block. Primed black from the bottom, grey on the back, and white on the front/top.

Should be an interesting expiriment.

Cregan Tur
16-11-2010, 05:54 PM
I've almost finished painting the figure himself- he should be done byt his weekend if I can get some good time during the week, especialyl since I want to do some freehand in some places.

The biggest part of the project is going to be the base. More details will be in my WIP thread in a few days, but I bought a pegasus building set and will be doing some heavy conversion/sculpting to make it fit the character.

Leperous
16-11-2010, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the welcomes - it was a really nice model to paint (female Forsaker), aside from a few casting errors on her rear boot.

I also have a male Forsaker to paint but I'm struggling with a good paint scheme, I'd like to try a Guild-Wars inspired (http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Balthazar.jpg) armor pattern (instead of grey/black) but it's tricky to get right :)

waghorn41
16-11-2010, 09:27 PM
Think I'll be dnf-ing this as I've got a chest infection which keeps me coughing so bad I can't hold brush steady. Damn, if only the legs hadn't snapped, teach me to try and remove mould lines :frown:

MaGie
17-11-2010, 08:24 AM
Unfortunately I also won't enter for this. I haven't managed to clean up the piece to a state I want to paint, and I'm in the middle of doing a huge scientific experiment which is taking most of my time these days. I am really looking forward to seeing all the entries :) Good luck to everyone!

Loanna
18-11-2010, 09:23 PM
Almost got my forsaker Pinup ready! The sword still needs a bit of love and then off to painting the base! :biggrin:

Orki
19-11-2010, 12:00 AM
I'm in the middle of doing a huge scientific experiment which is taking most of my time these days.

Oh yeah? Pray tell!

Is is some kind of home-brew thing? Like a giant tesla coil, or a Hydrogen fuel cell big enough to power your entire street. Or maybe a super-cool Atomic Discombobulator?

brushmistress
19-11-2010, 02:10 PM
I've taken the liberty of removing the previous content since I've spoken with Adam, and found him to be of great help. Thanks you all of you here at WAMP as well for encouraging me to write to him about the issue. I'm looking forward to painting the mini, even if it won't be in time for the contest.

Hinton
19-11-2010, 02:17 PM
@brushmistress: wow; sounds like a really bad break there. Have you contacted Poots about it?

Iacton
19-11-2010, 02:17 PM
Email Adam, prolly best with pix. I am sure that he'll be pleased to help, cos there's nothing worse than finding out about crappy casts, regardless of costs :smile:

brushmistress
19-11-2010, 02:23 PM
@ Iacton - is that "contact@kingdom-death.com"? If so, I'm composing an email now. :) If not, is there a better way to reach him?

KittenCeleste
19-11-2010, 02:27 PM
That's prolly the best way. Though he's a member here as well, user name Poots, I think it was.
But he's quick off the mark when it comes to customer support, methinks you'll get an answer quick smart =)

Darklord
19-11-2010, 02:31 PM
yeah he's poots on here - hes also on facebook too Jess

brushmistress
19-11-2010, 02:32 PM
Just sent the email off (and a message here too). I'm just very bummed about this - I've loved these models from a distance for a while, and was thrilled to pick one up this year. Sorry if my initial post sounded so harsh - just the ire of disappointment coming through. I still want to enter this contest, but with the casting I've got it's going to be a hell of a lot more work that I've got time for.

Darklord
19-11-2010, 02:50 PM
I have several of his pieces here and the casting is top quality - he'll be pretty shocked that a bad one got out, sure he'll sort you out

Loanna
19-11-2010, 06:27 PM
@ brushmistress: Worry not, I had to contact Adam for a little bubble that occured in my TK pinup that made the ankle very fragile and I got an instant replacement of the body... from my experience he is very caring with his customers!

brushmistress
19-11-2010, 06:32 PM
Adam contacted me a few moments ago - wonderful customer care!

Iacton
20-11-2010, 10:49 AM
And the warm, fuzzy glow is restored... :redface:

Looking forward to seeing your take on the model - even if it misses the finish date - as I reckon that your painting will very much suit the piece.

I also told Rob that you were moaning about his absence from the Wyrd forums. He muttered something about rubbish internet connections and then went back to stroking his stick insects and building a mudskipper tank (apparently)... :rolleyes::biggrin:

Darklord
20-11-2010, 10:54 AM
and then went back to stroking his stick insects and building a mudskipper tank (apparently)... :rolleyes::biggrin:

you got that too?whenever I speak to him on the phone the first 15 minutes are been told about his new pets!!

Iacton
20-11-2010, 11:00 AM
There's always something new at Leeds zoo!

Darklord
20-11-2010, 11:37 AM
There's always something new at Leeds zoo!

Took this picture in Rob's kitchen

Iacton
20-11-2010, 11:49 AM
Yeah, I heard that he was breeding Bellamies too...:rolleyes:

MaGie
20-11-2010, 12:19 PM
Oh yeah? Pray tell!

Is is some kind of home-brew thing? Like a giant tesla coil, or a Hydrogen fuel cell big enough to power your entire street. Or maybe a super-cool Atomic Discombobulator?

Haha! No home-brew thing, I get paid to watch miniature wasps pornography ;) (Or in more scientific terms observing mating behaviour)

Darklord
20-11-2010, 12:47 PM
urgh hate wasps!!! though they are very bloody intelligent and fascinating

War Griffon
20-11-2010, 02:25 PM
wasps are the devils pets.

Nothing intelligent about something that stings you and consequently gets splattered for doing so.

MaGie
20-11-2010, 05:42 PM
My wasps don't sting anyone (except if you are fly host in disguise; they are parasitic), they are tinier than fruit flies :)

Darklord
22-11-2010, 07:45 PM
5 Days remaining folks!

(supporters you hae 8 days left)

Cregan Tur
22-11-2010, 08:05 PM
Holy crap, better get my base done fast!

Thryth
22-11-2010, 09:35 PM
How did I not notice this until now?! :(

Chameleon
22-11-2010, 10:37 PM
*gulp* I'm running a little behind schedule...

Hinton
23-11-2010, 01:08 AM
Just finishing up the (poor excuse for a) base.

Darklord
23-11-2010, 11:54 AM
http://myspace.roflposters.com/images/rofl/myspace/1212456848110.jpg.%5Broflposters.com%5D.myspace.jp g

NeatPete
24-11-2010, 06:26 PM
No way I'll finish in time. Sorry Poots, sorry WAMP. I hate to dnf and rarely do it, but I'll have to waive the fail flag on this one...

http://www.themadhat.com/images/vader-fail.jpg

Orki
24-11-2010, 06:48 PM
Arrrgghhhh!

tick... tock... tick... tock... tick... tock...

Darklord
24-11-2010, 07:31 PM
No way I'll finish in time. Sorry Poots, sorry WAMP. I hate to dnf and rarely do it, but I'll have to waive the fail flag on this one...

http://www.themadhat.com/images/vader-fail.jpg

I thought you were an iron painter!!