PDA

View Full Version : Avatars Of War 2010 - Results!

Darklord
05-08-2010, 07:28 PM
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z93/darklordminiatures/LogoAvatarsE.jpg

What a contest! Probably the toughest field we have ever seen for one of our special contests. 16 lovely entries that could all have easily made a case for winning some free miniature goodness but alas only 3 can so we must declare our winners.

So without further ado I have great pleasure in naming :
Scottradom!
as our new Avatars of War champion with his excellent Goblin King entry. Scott takes home the Arena DeathMatch rulebook (signed by Felix Paniagua) + 3 miniatures of his choice

Just 1 vote seperated our runnerr up from the top honour and a very worthy 2nd place goes to:
PEZ5767!
with his fantastic Barbarian. Pez is rewarded for his efforts with the Arena DeathMatch rulebook + 2 miniatures of his choice

The final prize slot was taken by
Ulfgrimr!
with his lovely Dwarf Thunderlord. He nabs himself 3 miniatures of his choice also.

So there we are folks, as I said a tough contest - I know personally I had trouble choosing from 8 entries down to 3 and for me little things like bases or freehand often made the difference. Everyone that entered did a fantastic job and it was great to see so many new faces enter. I hope you all enjoyed it - if you want any further feedback on your entries pop them in the display cabinet section and youll get plenty of advice.

I want to say a big thankyou to Avatars of War for their continued support again this year. They are a fantastic bunch producing fantastic minis, if you havent tried them yet I recommend you do!
Heres their site: http://www.arena-deathmatch.com/forums/index.php

I also want to thank (without this sounding like the oscars!) everyone that took the time to enter, vote, comment or plain old just support the contest. Its you guys that make these things a sucess and help us gain the sponsorship for events. SO a personal thankyou to all of you lovely wampers.
So Avatars of War has a new champion and a very worthy one - Scott you seem to be on fire at the moment with your painting - its a pleasure to watch.
But we must move on and the contests dont stop there - we already have the Ironwin contest running (just under a month left on that one) and another fantastic contest will be launched soon.

Winners pm me your details please (address real name and choice of minis if you please)

Thanks

Brett

War Griffon
05-08-2010, 07:35 PM
Congrats to the winners and well done all those who entered :smile:

nathanr
05-08-2010, 07:35 PM
Congrats to the winners and everyone who entered!

shanerozzell
05-08-2010, 07:40 PM
Well done guys:smile:

Darklord
05-08-2010, 07:43 PM
Voting results are now showing: http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showthread.php?3577-Avatars-of-War-2010-Voting

Moth
05-08-2010, 08:06 PM
well done everyone!

NestorV
05-08-2010, 08:07 PM
Congrats Guys. Good work everyone :)

NeatPete
05-08-2010, 08:33 PM
Congrats to the winners!

Thanks to AOW for sponsering the contest, hope to see you again next year, seems like you are understandably a real favorite around here.

Captain Sprout
05-08-2010, 08:40 PM
Really nice work by all who entered and congrats to the winners!

ogreninja
05-08-2010, 09:16 PM
congrats to all the winners and all who entered

Ulfgrimr
05-08-2010, 09:26 PM
What a great comp, well done everyone who entered & congratulations to Scott for his stunning Goblin King and Pez5767 for a great rendition of the Barbarian Hero.

MaGie
05-08-2010, 11:40 PM
Congratulations for the well-deserved winners :) Great job everyone! It was great taking part in this contest!

exilesjjb
05-08-2010, 11:54 PM
I had real trouble picking my winners the standard was great well done to all who took part.

Coneman
06-08-2010, 01:15 AM
Congratulations to the winners and a well done to all that entered.

Thanks to Wamp and Avatars of War for making the comp possible.

ScottRadom
06-08-2010, 02:31 AM
AWESOME! Super pumped! Much appreciated and grats to everyone else. I had a tough time voting on this one for sure. Feels awesome! Big ups to WAMP and AoW for supporting us too. TY gang!

Jabberwocky
06-08-2010, 04:19 AM
Congratulations to Scott! You're on quite a roll this summer! Congratulations to Pez and Ulfgrimr as well. This was a tough contest...I had a hard time picking my 3. Thanks of course to DL for his continued hard work and AoW as well for sponsoring the contest.

Nameless
06-08-2010, 09:33 AM
I didn't win? odd....

congrats to winners - well done! thanks to wamp and AoW for the contest. I wish I could paint something new for this contest. oh, there's always next year, right? :)

precinctomega
06-08-2010, 09:49 AM
I can't deny I'm little disappointed with my voting placement (must be my preference for unadorned bases...), but I equally can't deny that the winners were all extremely worthy. Huge congrats to the winners and thanks to Wamp for another great competition. I'll be joining in as often as possible in future, with a hope to garnering better results as I improve teh skillz.

R.

Iacton
06-08-2010, 09:57 AM
Well done chaps. Best comp yet too, so kudos Brett too.

ScottRadom
06-08-2010, 03:24 PM
I can't deny I'm little disappointed with my voting placement (must be my preference for unadorned bases...), but I equally can't deny that the winners were all extremely worthy. Huge congrats to the winners and thanks to Wamp for another great competition. I'll be joining in as often as possible in future, with a hope to garnering better results as I improve teh skillz.

R.

Hey man, no one is scratching their head more than I am over the results. If I can make a suggestion though, I think if you want some really valuable feedback on your mini that you should start a thread in the "tell me i can take it" subforum under "discuss submissions". Your entry was good, and I think if you put your mini in that section you can get some good point blank feedback on the mini. We've got a lot of really good compeition painters on the site that can point out the small things that are the difference between winning a Golden Demon and not. Give it a shot!

precinctomega
06-08-2010, 03:42 PM
Well, there are lots of things I could have done differently (a more impressive base, for example), but the mini was commissioned, painted, photographed and returned to the client long before I even knew this competition was happening! At the end of the day, a happy client's money in my pocket is more of a vote of confidence than any competition. But membership at Platoon Britannica has really encouraged me to raise me game. I hope I can get the same sort of encouragement if I hang around here a bit more often!

As for "Tell me, I can take it" - no one is a harsher critic of my work than I am!

R.

War Griffon
06-08-2010, 04:00 PM
The base didn't really come into it when I was voting, I had you shortlisted in the 6 to 8 that I initially chose but things that let you down for me were the skin and the robe thingy, the skin looked like just two colours similar to the Foundry method of painting and the robe I think it was suppposed to look red didn't look red on my monitor and looked as if it was highlighted up to flesh?

Just my opinion for what it is worth.

With cometition voting when you have to choose just three entries out of them all then the voting can look a little skewed. When I entered the Warlord Comp I thought I had a good chance but ended up with just 1 vote I think, I was gutted :o( but then there was a lot of good entries put forward as well.

ScottRadom
06-08-2010, 04:03 PM
Well, there are lots of things I could have done differently (a more impressive base, for example), but the mini was commissioned, painted, photographed and returned to the client long before I even knew this competition was happening! At the end of the day, a happy client's money in my pocket is more of a vote of confidence than any competition. But membership at Platoon Britannica has really encouraged me to raise me game. I hope I can get the same sort of encouragement if I hang around here a bit more often!

As for "Tell me, I can take it" - no one is a harsher critic of my work than I am!

R.

I'm not saying it's just about getting harsh crits, but if you start your own thread you might be able to gather some opinions and stuff regarding the mini that you might not have thought of. War Griffon made a couple of good points for example.

precinctomega
06-08-2010, 04:06 PM
Worth knowing. The robe isn't red, BTW. The client sent me an image of a character from some Warhammer computer game and said "like this". I live but to serve.

R.

EDIT - I'm conscious that I could sound like I'm whining. I'm really not. I certainly never expected to win and only entered because I happened to have recently completed an AoW commission. I'm delighted to have been tempted over to Wamp. I'm looking forward to learning as much here as I am at PB. I was just a little disappointed to have garnered only two votes - but am still very grateful for those! :D

RogerB
06-08-2010, 06:00 PM
Congratulations to all who took part and well done to the winners.

Darklord
08-08-2010, 12:21 PM
it was a very tough vote to my mind - I struggled for a while to trim down from 8 solid entries and I suspect others would too and I think that skewed the voting - I suspect if we marked each out of 10 you would have scored much higher. Glad your sticking around though and Im sure you'll nail a future contest or two no problem!

precinctomega
08-08-2010, 09:00 PM
You're too kind. There's some great talent here to learn from. Perhaps if I can wheedle all of their tricks out of them, I'll stand a chance!

R.

waghorn41
08-08-2010, 09:16 PM
Well done Scott and all who entered. At least I maintain my position...

three little pigs
09-08-2010, 05:23 AM
WOW There is some pretty good painting going on around here. Straight up I dont know which I would have voted for

cheers
3lp

Lost Boy
09-08-2010, 08:07 AM
:goodjob: Well done to everyone who took part, and especially that bloke that won...:goodjob:

pae
09-08-2010, 10:44 PM
Congrats to the winners! Great job on all of the entries. Sorry I couldn't enter this one.

Darklord
28-09-2010, 12:36 PM
Apologies folks but can the winners please resend me your details with your postal address and mini choices.

Ulfgrimr
28-09-2010, 04:27 PM
Details e-mailed.

Darklord
01-10-2010, 07:29 PM
I have been informed these prizes will be shipped out next week folks, let me know when you get em!

Darklord
14-02-2011, 01:35 PM
Right folks, after much harranging and nagging on my part I have been informed that the Avatars of War prizes have been actually physically posted and are on the way to you all as we speak. Anyone winning a rule book will have this replaced with 2 miniatures instead (inclduing the new dwarf). This is due to the rule book been updated so the present ones will be outdated very shortly.

When you receive yours please let me know.

Orki
14-02-2011, 01:59 PM
Blimey, the Pulp City guys arn't doing too bad then so far! :P

Darklord
14-02-2011, 02:02 PM
yeah never had any problems then avatars and pulp city both drag their heels! Hopefully its just a glitch and not a trend!