PDA

View Full Version : Little Angels - The final total

Darklord
17-06-2010, 09:43 PM
On the 10th of November 2009 I announced Wamps latest charity campaign, Little Angels, . An effort to try and raise even more than the 690 we raised the year before for the NSPCC. This year we wanted to raise money for Tommys, a charity dedicated to helping prevent miscarriage and stillbirth Even though I had come up with the idea 6 months previously and it was 2 months before that annoucement that I began work on the project I never envisaged how Sucessful it would become. The contest grew into what has been called the largest ever miniature painting contest, in terms of its scope, sheer number of catagories and amount of prizes it certainly stakes a claim to that. We had over 150 entries from a forum that was at the time only around 200 members strong. In comparison Bolter and chainsword rana contest at the same time, they managed 180 entries but that was from over 42,000 members! Wamp may be small but the people here are second to none.
So after god knows how long we can finally count all the proceeds and the grand total is:

So a massive well done to all of you that supported this - we had an original target of 1,000 which we have smashed. As most of you know this had a deeply personal meaning to me and my wife and other people here too, so although its been a draining experience it has been a fantastic one and I thanks each of you from the bottom of my heart, whether you painted, bought or just plain encouraged and promoted this was a real show of what this hobby can do with a little effort.
I must also say a massive thankyou to all the sponsors that gave up a ton of prizes to support this, so if you order from them add a thankyou in there!

Again folks, a massive thankyou

Brett.

War Griffon
17-06-2010, 09:48 PM
Congratulations to all involved both painters and manufacturers for supplying prizes and also those that contributed by buying. Special congrats to Brett for all the effort he has put into this.

breadhead.
17-06-2010, 09:55 PM
That's a great total. Really well done Brett for getting it all off the ground!

shanerozzell
17-06-2010, 09:58 PM
:grin Well done everyone. Just shows what we can do when we all pull together! (que coke music:tongue:). Seriously well done and a big thanks to Brett who made it all possible:hail:

Captain Sprout
17-06-2010, 10:15 PM
Very nice indeed and everyone had a hand in it big and small..well done all.

And really well done for organising it DL..it was really hard work and I am sure everyone here appreciates it as much as the charity does.

Vern
17-06-2010, 10:32 PM
That is awesome - well done Brett et al

waghorn41
17-06-2010, 11:02 PM
Fantastic news. Well done Brett for all your hard work and thanks to everyone who took part to make it happen.

NeatPete
17-06-2010, 11:19 PM
Booya!!

Well done all!! And major grats to you Brett for making your vision a smashing sucsessful reality!

Valloa
18-06-2010, 03:01 AM
Whoohoo!! The total is excellent news for the charity!

Nameless
18-06-2010, 08:15 AM
bravo!!!
I'm happy I could add few coins to the heap

Darklord
18-06-2010, 08:23 AM
thanks guys

Hinton
18-06-2010, 10:49 AM
Incredible job, Brett! Thanks for organizing everything; I'm sure it wasn't easy, but you managed it very well.

And thanks to everyone that contributed!

EldinTux
18-06-2010, 01:46 PM
Well done everyone - a great result

GreyHorde
18-06-2010, 02:00 PM
Cheers all around!

Simon.W
19-06-2010, 12:58 AM
A fantastic effort Brett with the organization of all this and well done to everyone who took contributed and took part, a superb final total.