PDA

View Full Version : Results

Darklord
05-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Yes folks its been a long road to get to this point, 6 months form when we started out with our attempt to raise a few pounds for Tommy's and the contest grew to 152 entries. Unfortunately not everyone can be a winner but we have tried to get prizes for as many of you as we can!!
Results are listed in category order. Only entries winning prizes are listed - full poll results will be released soon. Results list position, artist name, entry title then prizes won.
So without further ado here are the results!!

Sponsored Manufacturers:

1st - dicker_koenig - Dark elf Sorceress - Signed Deathmatch Rulebook and 3 miniatures of winners choice
2nd- Scottradom - Orc Shaman - Signed Deathmatch Rulebook and 2 miniatures of winners choice
3rd -Nathanr - Beastlord v Thunderlord - 2 miniatures of winners choice
4th -Ulfgrimr - AOW Necromancer - 1 miniature of winners choice
5th - Nameless - Dwarf Thunderlord - 1 miniature of winners choice

Eolith
1st Alextheartist - Dracula - 54mm Dracula

Gaspez Arts
1st - Scottradom - Toxic Girl- choice of 3 from the football squad
2nd - Darklord - Lucy - Cordelia

Guild Of Harmony
1st NeatPete - EOS Wizard - choice of any 2 minis (win by Default)
Ironwind metals
1st - Darklord - Vulture - $40 gift voucher
2nd - Neatpete - Ranger Lord - $30 gift voucher

Kingdom Death
1st Scottradom - Manhunter2 - choice of either mini (win by Default)

Mantic Games
1st -Ulfgrimr - 2 Mantic Elven Scouts - Elven Shieldwall Detatchment

Myrmidon Studios
1st Vern - Germani Beserker - choice of 2 from the command group (win by Default)

Privateer Press
1st - Lost Boy - Revenant of The Atremenous - $50 gift voucher
2nd- Darklord - Gobber Rogue - $50 gift voucher

Pulp City
1st Scottradom - Bat-man - choice of 2 minis (win by Default)

RAFM
1st MyrnnyxMinis - Turbo - Kali and Jill Lucas miniatures

Redbox Games
1st - Muhani - Ulfgar of Auldheim- - 7 miniatures of the winners choice
2nd - Scottradom - Dodgy - 4 miniatures of the winners choice
3rd - Neatpete - RBG Hoardsman - 2 miniatures of the winners choice
(Scottradom's dwarf lord tied for 3rd but as Scott already has a prize from this category Pete gets the result)

Rolljordan
1st Vern - Cindy choice of any 2 minis (win by Default)

Scibor Monstrous MNiniatures
1st - Scottradom - Scibor Dwarf King - $80 worth of Scibor best-sellers
2nd -Exilesjjb - Goblin bust - $60 worth of Scibor best-sellers
3rd -Vern - Servant Tanker $40 worth of Scibor best-sellers (judges decision after tied votes)
(Scottradoms straelic gunner would have placed 3rd but as Scott has already placed it is removed)

Studio Mcvey
1st -Neolis - Snake_copy - 3 from : Vitnaar, Broga, Raven priest, Serephine and Lt Cara

Urban Mammoth
1st - Alextheartist - Viridian Sniper - 1 strike teams (choice of Viridian, Koralan or Vasa),1 corresponding Void Force books + void 1.1 rule book
2nd - Darklord - Viridian Marine- 1 strike team (choice of Viridian, Koralan or Vasa) 1 corresponding Void Force books + void 1.1 rule book
3rd - Neolis - Urban - Void 1.1 rule book + 1 Void force book of choice (judges decision after ried votes with the 4th placed entry)
4th - Graven - Shock Marine 1 - 1 Void force book

(Gravens shock marine 2 would have placed 5th But as Graven has already placed it has been removed and the prize will be auctioned)

Westwind productions
1st - Dicker_Koenig - Zombie from Incursion - Doomsday Rulebook and Limited Edition Samokhin miniature
2nd - Breadhead - Fujiwara - Doomsday Rulebook and Limited Edition Samokhin miniature
3rd - Darklord - Frank The Monster - Doomsday Rulebook and Limited Edition Samokhin miniature

Darklord
09-04-2010, 06:42 PM
Other awards:

Best Fantasy Avelorn - Yarry
Compete DVD Set - Miniature Mentor
Deep Forest Pack (5 Bases) - ID Works
£15 credit - Wargame-miniatures.co.uk
Asharah's command set (54mm) - Raging Heroes

Best Sci-Fi
Prawnpower - Inquisitor
Complete DVD Set - Miniature Mentor
5 Bike bases - BNS Miniatures
£5 credit - Wargames-miniatures.co.uk
Best Other
Brushmistress - Napoleguin
Complete DVD Set - Miniature Mentor
10 Steam Knight heads - Maxmini
Sanctuary 25x50 bases (x8) - ID Works
Sgt Tangent - Pulp City

Best Diorama,Scenery or Vehicle
Moth (Springbok) - Ogre Diorama
$50 Credit - Eslo Terrain

Best Conversion
Jabberwocky - Converted Nurgle Lord
A Games Workshop Battallion or battleforce of choice - bitsandkits

Highest Auction Price
Jar - £175- Damné De La Gourmandise Obèse - Wins Herald miniature (unavailable to buy) - Pulp City

Lowest Auction Price
Cregan Tur - £0.63- Mantic elves - Wins a complete DVD Set - Miniature Mentor

Most money raised
Jar - £250.37 - Wins £25 cash via Paypal - ian Newbold and Asharah's Command set (28mm) - Raging Heroes

Best Monster
Jar - Damné De La Gourmandise Obèse -Vilespawn - Gribbly Miniatures

Best Large Scale
Avelorn - Yarry - Gatekeeper from Nocturna - SK Miniatures

Most Entries
Boris - 15 entries - Wins £10 worth of brushes - Rosemary and Co

Best Ork
Scottradom - Orc Shaman - 10 ork boy and 5 ork pirate heads - Maxmini

Best Base
Lost Boy - Revenant of The Atremenous
60mm and 40mm resin plinths - Dragonforge Design
Clanker heap set (13 bases variouos sizes) - ID Works

And finally we come to the big one - Who took the top spot and has won Best in Show?

The winner of The Little Angels Best In Show is.............

Avelorn - Yarry !!!

He wins the following prizes:
Best in Show
$100 cash via paypal -Kingdom death
Omoklon and Maevir miniatures - Guild of Harmony
Vantoor Guardian (Pegaso) - SK Miniatures
2 miniatures of the winners choice - Avatars of War
Harvard the Unseen - Minipainters
2 miniatures of winners choice - Redbox Games
Seraphine La Roux - Studio McVey
Fallout Girl - RAFM Miniatures
Syntha Strike Team - Urban Mammoth
£30 credit - wargame-miniatures.co.uk
£15 worth of brushes - Rosemary and Co
$10 credit - Secretweapon
£25 Gift voucher - Reiver Castings
40m resin plinth - Dragonforge design
£10 Credit - Bitz Box
5 Jump packs - Maxmini
Deep Forest base pack (5 x 20mm square bases) - ID Works
Sanctuary Ruins (20mm Hero and 50x100m) - ID Works
10 x 30mm bases - BNS Miniatures
Stonerhawk, Sgt Tangent, and Sister bedlam - Pulp City

A massive congratulations to Sven for taking the top spot with a lovely entry. There were plenty of great entries to choose from. I want to say a thankyou from the bottom of my heart to everyone that has taken the time to enter,vote bid or just publicise this event - 6 months ago when I started this I never imagined we would get 150+ entries and smash our target. This has been a very personal campaign for myself and my wife and some of you too, so thankyou again. Im glad we have had a great mix of winners across the board.
I want to also say a massive thankyou to everyone that has donated prizes to sponsor this contest, I hope you recipricate by buying some of their products!!
The fundraising is still ongoing with some unclaimed prizes still to be auctioned as well as the chess set so stick around for those.
If you know have the taste for more contests then wamp has tons of sponsored contest coming up this year (a full list is on the front page) Our first sponsored contest will be Warlord details of which I shall announce tomorrow.
As if all that wasnt enough we also have some random prizes to give out. These are chosent at random and only to people who havent already won a prize:

Random Participation Prizes:
5 x 40mm Bases - BNS Miniatures - Warhammergrimace
Deepforest base pack - ID Works - AngelicOne
Sanctuary Ruins 20mm bases (minion set) - ID Works - Chameleon
Complete DVD set - Miniature Mentor - Darkmessiah
Sanctuary ruins 50mm base -ID Works - Ragados

Random Voting
Sanctuary Ruins 40mm bases (x4) - ID Works - Simon.W
Sanctuary Ruins 25mm Hero bases (x15) - ID Works - Wren
Set of 5 wings - Maxmini - Waghorn41

I wish I could give you all a prize but thats it folks! If you have won a something can you PM me the following details:
Real name, Address and email address. If your prize is a choice of minis I need to know your selection too.

Prizes will not be given out until your donation is confimed so if your still to pay get it done!!!
Please bear with me while waiting for prizes - some will come direct from myself while others will come from manufacturers - you may receive prizes from either of both sources though i will let you know.

Finally - these results are to the best of my knowledge correct and accurate. If you find any discrepencies please let me know. I have tried my best but I am after all mostly human!

Once again folks - thank you so much

Brett

shanerozzell
09-04-2010, 06:54 PM
Congrats to everyone.

waghorn41
09-04-2010, 06:58 PM
Be nice to hear the final total when it's all done. Brett my boy you should be very, very proud of what you've achieved - I'm sure Tommy's will be over the moon.

Boris
09-04-2010, 07:02 PM
WEll done everyone - and well done Brett - you can sleep sound now!

NeatPete
09-04-2010, 07:03 PM
Wow, great quick turn around on this Darklord, much appreciated! Well deserved winners and I'm not sure anyone involved in this, lost in any sense of the word. This was truely a great accomplishment by all.

GREAT JOB EVERYONE!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

AngelicOne
09-04-2010, 07:05 PM
Outstanding work everyone! Brett WAY TO GO!

Valloa
09-04-2010, 07:07 PM
Congrats to all the winners! Looks like a good haul and a very good showing of community donations for this contest. Congrats to you too Brett for running this. :)

Maya~

Darklord
09-04-2010, 07:15 PM
thanks guys - the polls are now available for viewing so you can see how you all fared

RogerB
09-04-2010, 07:30 PM
Congratulations everyone!

EDIT: Where are the polls?

Cregan Tur
09-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Congrats everyone, especially to Avelorn- great entry and well deserved BOS win!

exilesjjb
09-04-2010, 07:46 PM
congrats to all who took part it looks like a huge success and a big pat on the back for Brett for the idea and drive to push it all along.

dicker_koenig
09-04-2010, 07:51 PM
Congrats everyone! :) And thanks Darklord for your efforts. Where can I find the final polls? I cannot see them.

Neolis
09-04-2010, 07:53 PM
congrats to all

NeatPete
09-04-2010, 07:53 PM
yeah me either

Darklord
09-04-2010, 07:55 PM
they should be there now - sorry folks!

NeatPete
09-04-2010, 07:56 PM
Polls can be seen Here:

http://www.maggamuffin.com/VB4/forumdisplay.php?46-Little-Angles-Voting/

RogerB
09-04-2010, 08:05 PM
Cheers. Best Base seems to have a wide spread of votes.

Ulfgrimr
09-04-2010, 08:34 PM
Congratulations to all who entered there were some brilliant entries and thanks Brett for all the work you put in.

Captain Sprout
09-04-2010, 08:44 PM
Great work by the winners but everyone giving their time and money is ace, hats removed to you! I am sorry I missed the deadline but at least I punted some cash, so don't feel too bad lol.

Great comp Brett, credit to you and what you've grown on WAMP.

Very many congrats to Avelorn, I love that Yarry.

Vern
09-04-2010, 10:39 PM
Well done everyone & a big thank you to Brett for organising it all

Cregan Tur
09-04-2010, 10:57 PM
If I'm ever in the UK again, I'll have to hunt down Brett and buy him a pint!

Heh... first time I went to London I was 16. I met this elderly gentleman in a department store and we ended up talking for some reason. When I introduce myself I said "Hi, I'm Randy." He gave me a long, strange look before shaking my hand, at which time he said "From now on, young man, say 'my name is Randy.'"

Chameleon
09-04-2010, 10:59 PM
That was a pretty spectacular comp you pulled off there Brett!!

Thanks for running it and I'm glad it made a decent wad of money for a good cause :D

Congrats to all of the winners; there were some amazing entries!!

Avelorn
10-04-2010, 12:09 AM
Man, I'm stoked.

Cheers to all who voted for me and all other entries. Amazing initiative and I'm really glad it turned out such a great success. Ditto on buying Brett a pint!

Well, honestly I haven't had the money lately to buy many miniatures, this couldn't have come at a better time.

Thanks!!

Sven

exilesjjb
10-04-2010, 12:11 AM
well done Sven, well deserved fantastic job on the mini.

In Chigh
10-04-2010, 12:14 AM
3 posts & runs away with the loot

Well done Sven :)

exilesjjb
10-04-2010, 12:20 AM
its not the size of your posts its the qualitiy, has no GF told you that....

Hinton
10-04-2010, 12:22 AM
First, thank you to Brett for putting the contest/charity drive together. No doubt it was a ton of work, but you did an excellent job.

Second, thank you to everyone that submitted a piece and auctioned it off for charity. Whether it was one piece or many, your generosity is undoubtedly appreciated.

Third, congrats to all of the winners. Well done!

ScottRadom
10-04-2010, 02:04 AM
ATTABOY BRETT!!! Super big achievment! Very proud of your efforts.

Good work to everyone, and FANTASTIC job on the Yarry Sven. WAY TO GO EVERYONE!

Simon.W
10-04-2010, 02:42 AM
Superb effort Brett on putting this all together and you definitely deserve those pints that people have offered !!

Well done to everyone who entered something and the sponsors\donators who helped make this charity competition what it was and congratulations to all the Winners ....

Rafficker
10-04-2010, 02:53 AM
That's a fantastic result, and this has been a phenomenal competition. I hadn't heard of WAMP before little angels, but i'm very glad that i did.

I've said it before, but huge thanks to Brett for putting this together and letting us get involved with an amazing project.

And of course - Massive kudos to all the winners, they were very well deserved!

MyrnnyxMinis
10-04-2010, 05:13 AM
Well done everyone.

Darklord
10-04-2010, 09:14 AM
Seems I need to organise a wamp convention so I can get rat arsed for free! I wanted to add thanks to undave and Supervike for helping out with the adjudication and also to Hinton for organising the chess set. Thanks guys

RogerB
10-04-2010, 10:55 AM
Now take a breather, you've earned it.

@Cregan Tur. That made me laugh, your little story of your visit to the UK.

Darklord
10-04-2010, 11:14 AM
I wish Roger - now the hard work starts co-ordinating prizes and the like - still the end is in sight !

Nameless
10-04-2010, 01:56 PM
I think we have all won.

jar
10-04-2010, 03:33 PM
@Nameless
Thatis what i think too...

Congratz to everyone... especially to Avelorn, a wonderful version of Yarry indeed.

Brett, that is simply amazing, 2500 BP... wow! Great achieved goal! Thanks for your muscles during all the time and thanks for everyones participation!

alextheartist
10-04-2010, 03:47 PM
Winning stuff nearly makes up for the broken collarbone :)

Its all for a good cause and thats all that matters in my opinion. A big thanks to Brett for all the effort put it!

RogerB
10-04-2010, 04:03 PM
Another broken body part? You're always breaking something Alex.

Jabberwocky
10-04-2010, 10:21 PM
Splendid job all around! Brett you did an amazing job putting this together. Thanks to everyone that entered as well. Congrats to all the winners; there were some awesome entries! I'm really looking forward to watching the chess set hit ebay!

breadhead.
10-04-2010, 11:10 PM
Really well done Brett!

Congrats to all winners and everyone who took part. Big thanks to everyone that bought stuff!

ScottRadom
11-04-2010, 06:06 AM
Hey! Are there some of the prizes that are getting thrown into auction instead? If there is, where is the thread? I'd like to take a look at what's up for grabs and bid on some stuff if possible!

Cregan Tur
12-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Hey DL, I'm curious- do you know exactly which titles are included in the "complete DVD set" from Miniature Mentor? Is it the Complete Painting DVD and the painting Tutorials, or is it everything including the newer sculpting vids?

Darklord
12-04-2010, 08:54 PM
its the complete dvd came out about 3 months ago - all on one disc (well in one case at least) -youll have it in a few days as I post it tomorrow to you

Coneman
29-04-2010, 03:32 AM
A belated congratulations to all the winners. Well Done.
I would have posted earlier but was having a short holiday at my local hospital.