PDA

View Full Version : Spectral Dragon VS Krimso - Fantasy

Spectral Dragon
07-05-2014, 11:05 PM
Spectral Dragon & Krimso
Theme: Fantasy
Deadline: June 20 (Roughly)
Voting: By Thread (Unless otherwise changed)

WIP/Smack Talk Thread.

Spectral Dragon
07-05-2014, 11:07 PM
I will be doing a squad of dwarf thunderers. I don't fancy making them display quality however I will put extra effort into them in order to make them shine. I had actually painted these mini's fully once before, but I think my skills will allow me to make these guys stand out more then they currently do.

krimso
08-05-2014, 03:16 PM
Haven't decided what I will paint yet. Have a few Rackham options that I am toying with. Should sort it out by the weekend.

Shades
09-05-2014, 03:26 AM
Rackham, hunh? Sorry, SD, krimso is already ahead. :-)

krimso
09-05-2014, 04:53 AM
So I am going to go with Thallion cavalry. Not sure if I'll be able to complete the entire squad but I'll see what I can pull off. Some of my favoritest models ever!

krimso
09-05-2014, 04:56 AM
Rackham, hunh? Sorry, SD, krimso is already ahead. :-)

I'll take any handicap I can get:)

Spectral Dragon
09-05-2014, 03:27 PM
Heh, dwarves have a lot of metal bits, and anyone who followed my wip thread knows how I am with metals. Bring it on!

krimso
09-05-2014, 04:54 PM
Heh, dwarves have a lot of metal bits, and anyone who followed my wip thread knows how I am with metals. Bring it on!

I specifically chose the Thallions because the models have less metal than the typical Griffons from Rackham.

Spectral Dragon
09-05-2014, 07:22 PM
I specifically chose the Thallions because the models have less metal than the typical Griffons from Rackham.

They are indeed very nice models, looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

krimso
28-05-2014, 04:22 PM
Forgot how much I hate cleaning and assembling Rackham models!! Slow start but at least some painting is now under way.

vegascat
06-06-2014, 04:06 PM
Forgot how much I hate cleaning and assembling Rackham models!!

Yeah, no kidding. There's a model I have that I want to paint, but its a multipart model and I'm dreading cleaning the mold lines.

Spectral Dragon
07-06-2014, 05:53 AM
heh, I'm way behind in this only got one dwarf painted.

krimso
09-06-2014, 03:46 PM
heh, I'm way behind in this only got one dwarf painted.

Same here!! This may drag out a bit longer than expected.

krimso
20-06-2014, 05:18 PM
Given that today is the unofficial deadline I figure I'll give an update on my progress. Have two of the mounts mostly done. I could get em finished in about a week but will not likely get to the third. So I will likely just have the two mounted Thallions to present.

How goes it on your end Spectral?

Spectral Dragon
22-06-2014, 03:11 PM
Not good, no progress at all!

Can we extend this a month or so? My sister had surgery so have to take care of her.

krimso
23-06-2014, 04:59 PM
No worries. Take all the time you need. That off course will mean that I will stop what I am doing and start another project then have to rush to finish these later! :biggrin:

Ironically we are in the same boat. My wife had surgery last Monday which is quite a strain balancing taking care of her and a toddler.

The only reason why I still have painting time is that I have gotten into the habit of getting up an hour early every day to paint. My only real free time in general and my pre-work therapy.