PDA

View Full Version : Wyrd Miniatures Painting contest 2014

Darklord
04-03-2014, 03:39 PM
http://www.wampforum.com/VB4/attachment.php?attachmentid=33278&d=1370703940

Lets get Wyrd!!

Its time to head to Malifaux and get rooting tooting n looting.

Deadline:23rd April 2014

(Supporters Deadline 30th April)

Prizes:

1st Viktoria Crew (Hired Swords) and M&SU Crew (Ramos)
2nd Cojo and Mother of Monsters Crew
3rd Nephilims

Entries:
any Wyrd Miniature is eligible, fill yer boots! (you can enter as many times as you like)

Judging

Public vote.

The Rules

You must be a Wamp Member to participate. Membership is free and you may register here. (http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/register.php)
You may enter as many times as you like but each entry may only submit one photograph so if you need more angles it MUST be a montage.
Images must be no larger than 1000 pixels wide by 3500 pixels high. (It is your responsibility to check this).
any additional photographs of that entry will be removed.
You give Wamp and Wyrd Miniatures permission to use your pictures for publicity (but you do retain ownership).
You may post pictures of WIP or final shots both here and elsewhere.
Judging will be decided by public vote.
Submissions must be posted to the Contest Gallery (http://www.wamp-forum.com/gallery/index.php?do=mypictures) You must make sure you select the correct contest option in the contest select box either during upload (if using the basic uploader) or via edit pictures after upload
All entries must be new work. (New work is defined as any entry not previously displayed on-line in a completed state (You MAY enter pieces which have been shown as a Work In Progress (WIP)).
All entries must be Wyrd Miniatures (minor conversion are allowed)

You can buy Wyrd products direct from Wyrd at Wyrd Miniatures (http://wyrd-games.net/community/page/index.html) or various retailers around the world

Mako
04-03-2014, 03:47 PM
Ooh... I could do this one I think. May have just a few bits of Wyrd stuff lying about!

Although, seeing the level of contest work on here, I might have to pull my finger out a bit...

Normski
04-03-2014, 04:20 PM
Ive still got my $10 voucher winnings from the last comp on Wyrd forums lol

but its a cracking excuse to do more Ten Thunders stuff

Brambleten
04-03-2014, 04:21 PM
Seeing as my current mojo is Malifaux focussed I am in.

Darklord
04-03-2014, 06:38 PM
Seeing as my current mojo is Malifaux focussed I am in.

good man

Sparks
04-03-2014, 07:10 PM
I'll be in, got quite a bit I didn't finish for SmogCon for a couple of people on here! Quick question- can I add another model to the gold winning diorama that I'd initially planned to add but ran out of time for?

Demonn
04-03-2014, 07:13 PM
I'll be in, got quite a bit I didn't finish for SmogCon for a couple of people on here! Quick question- can I add another model to the gold winning diorama that I'd initially planned to add but ran out of time for?
yes you can LOL

but I'm not the one to talk...

Darklord
04-03-2014, 08:32 PM

as long as it doesnt contravene the new work rule

Demonn
04-03-2014, 08:47 PM
hehe, now there's a conundrum...

the gold diorama is done as it has won something. but Sparks wants to add something new to it - ergo it is not done. one can conclude that the WIP was good enough to win a gold on smogcon. :biggrin:

and noone can argue that it was shown anywhere in the completed form... (so if it were my club's event, I'd allow it, might even do it myself, but not sure how I'd feel doing it...)

NeatPete
04-03-2014, 09:15 PM
Woot!! I'll have to check and make sure I can find the room with the Wyrd stuff in it.

Mako
04-03-2014, 09:57 PM
I have four ideas... now I have to pick one and get on with it. Mind you, it ending up restricted to a gaming base may well make it look a bit wimpy!

phatkid1966
04-03-2014, 11:02 PM
This is the excuse I need to finish my orien and yakimoto or whatever they are called;P

Demonn
05-03-2014, 06:17 AM
Dude, at least have the curtesy to learn the names of the ladies before you do 'em...

Normski
05-03-2014, 05:57 PM
ya dont need to know their names ya just need to know they were done and move on LMAO

NeatPete
05-03-2014, 06:22 PM
Dude, at least have the curtesy to learn the names of the ladies before you do 'em...

Now that your married, its best to leave names out of this sort of thing.

Sparks
05-03-2014, 06:52 PM
Demonn, thanks for posting my conundrum! I'll do it anyway as I need to paint the little soul grabber dude for ya! Then if it does get disqualified, at least the thing's done!

phatkid1966
05-03-2014, 07:22 PM

Oh well, there's Flo on my left and there's Mary on my right
And Janie is the girl well, that I'll be with tonight
And when she asks me which one I love the best
I tear open my shirt and I show her "Rosie" on my chest

Demonn
05-03-2014, 07:37 PM
bunch of dawgs around here....

Normski
06-03-2014, 01:02 PM
Woof Woof!! lol

Demonn
06-03-2014, 01:19 PM
..and a little bi... yelping LOL

Normski
06-03-2014, 02:48 PM
lol yeah when the Girlfriend reads what we saying LMAO!!

Demonn
06-03-2014, 04:46 PM
so i gather she's the butch in your relationship :biggrin:

Normski
06-03-2014, 07:57 PM
Nah just an angry little sod lol

Darklord
06-03-2014, 08:08 PM
so i gather she's the butch in your relationship :biggrin:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/01/11/article-0-0F6AD30000000578-138_634x1083.jpg

Normski
06-03-2014, 08:23 PM
LMAO is that Sean Bean?

Darklord
06-03-2014, 08:37 PM
LMAO is that Sean Bean?

As a sheff wed fan I always have blunt ridiculing pics to hand

Normski
06-03-2014, 08:49 PM
thats priceless!! should print it out and go stick it all over the stadium

Darklord
06-03-2014, 09:23 PM
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c106/Jankap/Hi-res/Blades2.jpg

Demonn
06-03-2014, 10:19 PM
http://ryanesaki.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Anchorman_well_that_escalated_quickly_966.jpg

Normski
07-03-2014, 10:05 AM
lol nowt wrong with a bit of Blades bashing!!!!

phatkid1966
07-03-2014, 02:15 PM
Brett I'm struggling with all the competitions I want to paint for (Not enough time) and since at Wamp you are the leader can you arrange another month in between March and April? 'Wampuary' I thought had a nice ring to it?

Darklord
07-03-2014, 02:44 PM
sure, i will rename April March, May April and so on until the end of the year.

So new contest deadline works out at end of April.

Hows that?

Nameless
13-03-2014, 09:47 AM
no wyrd minis in my boxes... I guess it's time to consider getting one

Darklord
13-03-2014, 09:54 AM
no wyrd minis in my boxes... I guess it's time to consider getting one

A box or a mini?!

Nameless
13-03-2014, 10:03 AM
are boxes eligible for the contest?

BloodFather
15-03-2014, 08:11 PM
When I try to look at the contest gallery it says "You must be logged in," even though I already am. So I log in again and nothing pops up on its own, but I CAN select Wyrd miniatures 2014 on the left hand side of the screen. There is one pic posted. Is this correct, that there is only one applicant so far for this contest????!?? Please someone help as I'd love to enter....

Demonn
15-03-2014, 08:22 PM
there's still plenty of time to enter so most of the people are waiting for the last moment (for some reason or another). feel free to enter, just upload your pic and select the Wyrd miniatures 2014 in the drop down menu.

for my part, I have not yet even started doing my entry...

Mako
15-03-2014, 08:56 PM
I took a multitool to one of my models in preparation, does that count?

Demonn
15-03-2014, 09:12 PM
I took a multitool to one of my models in preparation, does that count?

yeah, you practicly won the competition with that already...

BloodFather
16-03-2014, 03:18 AM
Actually, I am not too far behind. I have actually determined which model I am going to purchase. And in two days, I will go and pick up this model. So watch out....

but out no seriously though, just wanted to make sure I was looking at the correct screen. Thought it odd that only one person had posted.

Demonn
16-03-2014, 07:27 AM
no problem mate, usually it fills in the last week of the deadline. And don't forget the Wamp supporters get an extra week - so they usually use that and post even later :smile:

Sigmar3
16-03-2014, 11:58 AM
I'll be entering if I can just concentrate on one thing for long enough. I get distracted way too easily. But this will be my first ever contest entry....excited!

Darklord
17-03-2014, 02:47 PM
I'll be entering if I can just concentrate on one thing for long enough. I get distracted way too easily. But this will be my first ever contest entry....excited!

Best of luck mate, I find contests are a great motivator and make us push ourselves that little bit further.

Oh and welcome to Wamp

Normski
17-03-2014, 05:05 PM
well ive got as far as undercoat! Think I will just enter that lol

BloodFather
17-03-2014, 06:07 PM
A couple things the rules did not state and so I have questions. Is there a limit to the size of the base? Also, is this for one miniature? Or can I show two?

Darklord
18-03-2014, 01:10 PM
A couple things the rules did not state and so I have questions. Is there a limit to the size of the base? Also, is this for one miniature? Or can I show two?

base size whatever you want and you can enter as many times as you like

NeatPete
18-03-2014, 06:26 PM
Completed:
2 entries
4 minis
0 pictures

Normski
20-03-2014, 10:26 PM
Completed 0

Started 0

probably wont!! not been my Man Cave for 2 weeks!! :frown:

Brambleten
23-03-2014, 04:29 PM
Right, that's Johan done and photos taken, now to montage...

Darklord
24-03-2014, 10:06 AM
I have recieved the prizes from Wyrd and they are as follows:

1st Viktoria Crew (Hired Swords) and M&SU Crew (Ramos)
2nd Cojo and Mother of Monsters Crew
3rd Nephilims

Brambleten
24-03-2014, 10:19 AM
Almost had a panic attack when I saw an email come through saying today was the last day for entries. Was ready to tell you that you had lost a month but then I saw that the post had vanished. Prizes look good :smile:

SpiralingCadaver
24-03-2014, 05:46 PM
Probably the SMV contest, which is ending today...

edit: also, a few questions, since I'm posting:

-are multiple models allowed? If so, do they need to be a scene, or can they just be a set, like a crew?

-am I really understanding it correctly, that a model which has placed in a contest and been featured can be slightly altered and re-submitted? If so, I'd be curious why that's allowed...

Thanks!

NeatPete
24-03-2014, 06:24 PM
Hi Spiraling cadaver,
It's Peterdita from WYRD. Welcome over to WAMP.

While I'm sure Darklord will officially reply let me speak for what I can generally.

Multiple models are allowed and no they don't need to be in a scene. If you wanted to submit say three rail workers or any type of "mob" that would be fine. I plan to submit three rats on seprate gaming bases as one entry.

Regarding the "touch up" an earlier submitted model and then resubmit I think that while technically that might be legal, it would break the spirit of the rule. Having been involved in painting contests here on WAMP for many years, all with this same rule, I can't say I've ever seen anyone try to do this.

I think that would earn you twenty lashes with a wet moneky tail and a fat DQ from the contest.

Friendly bunch around here who just like to talk about random stuff and sometimes we paint minis for fun and smack talk purposes.

SpiralingCadaver
24-03-2014, 06:56 PM
Haha, okay, thanks a lot. I just wanted to be sure what sort of atmosphere, etc., I was coming in to, and that answered it :)

Demonn
24-03-2014, 07:05 PM
maybe this'll help too: :madhouse: or :Pain:

Moondancer
24-03-2014, 07:08 PM
So i am considering putting an entry into this competition would be my first competition so my questions is there certain things that are being judged? Is it bad to not build a full display base and instead build it up for use in gaming? Any advice for preparing for a first competition is welcome as well.

NeatPete
24-03-2014, 07:34 PM
Good question Moondancer but difficult to answer. This is a public poll, which means all us WAMPers will be voting on the winners. You usually get three votes (each for different entries) and you can't vote for yourself.
Lately it seems like display pieces have been taking top prize, but there really is no way to tell what's going to win and why. Usually the winner is the most "awesome". So try and enter something awesome. Best advice ever, I know.

Feel free to have a look through the contest forum and look for Results/Winner announcements. Darklord usually attaches the winner's pic. Or you can just look at all the covers of Portal mag as the monthly contest winner is usually on the cover.

BloodFather
25-03-2014, 07:50 PM
Is it just me or did the deadline change? Thought this was due on 31 March.

BloodFather
25-03-2014, 07:54 PM
Also, I thought it originally said that Wyrd would be deciding the winner. Maybe I was living in the Twilight Zone.

This is being my first competition as well, it just seems to me like an elaborate diorama is going to win every time. This is kind of discouraging. I wish that the rules were more specific. Instead of having my intricately and expertly painted mini to up against someone else's, I feel like I am forced to create something more than just a based mini.

SpiralingCadaver
25-03-2014, 08:10 PM
I don' think the date changed, or, if it did, it was pretty far out when it did?

Also, regarding dioramas:
-dioramas do definitely give you a leg up, but aren't necessary
-a nice base will definitely be enough- I build all my projects with the intent for them to be useable in a game and have placed and won with models on bases. I've also seen plain but very nicely painted bases on placing pieces, though I'm not sure if I've seen something with basic flocking ever win a competition
-there are many companies, Wyrd included, that have nice bases, if you're focusing on painting and don't have the time or experience to do something from scratch

NeatPete
25-03-2014, 08:28 PM
For the record no one is forcing you to do anything. WAMP and WYRD are offering you an opportunity to partake in a for fun painting contest. Most of us do it for fun and motivation to finish minis. If you are entering this to try and win it, then suck it up and put the time in for a clever diorama or elaborate base. But be warned. it wont guarantee a win!

There are other painting contests out there with different categories including dioramas, just not the case on this one. Wyrd hosts them once or twice a year (Rotten Harvest, Femme fatale etc although I haven't seen FF in a while).

SpiralingCadaver
25-03-2014, 08:51 PM
Yep, I always use painting competitions to push my abilities and do something technically or stylistically outside my comfort zone. If I make something I'm happy with, awesome. If I place, even better. If I was disappointed and thought it didn't work as well as I expected, I try to get feedback to improve it.

Normski
27-03-2014, 10:08 PM
Ok to answer a question posed earlier.. I entered the Wyrd painting comp on the Wyrd forums and cam runner up 2nd place in the open category with a Yamaziko on a gaming base so it is possible to paint a mini and put it on a gaming base and beat display bases. a good paint job doesnt need a fancy base! put the effort in and reap rewards, its all good stuff..:tongue:

Darklord
28-03-2014, 09:00 AM
also theres no reason a gaming mini cant have a nice base. Big doesnt equal better

Normski
28-03-2014, 03:03 PM
yup What he ^^^^^ Said :cool:

NeatPete
28-03-2014, 03:10 PM
Big doesnt equal better

Your wife is sweet to keep telling you that!

Darklord
28-03-2014, 05:39 PM
Your wife is sweet to keep telling you that!

twas your wife that told me sunshine

NeatPete
28-03-2014, 06:02 PM
...and most of all, we do these contests for the smack talk!
:08:

phatkid1966
28-03-2014, 06:09 PM
Haha if this was a boxing match that would be a double K.O!

NeatPete
28-03-2014, 06:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mEjooM1PuI

Normski
29-03-2014, 05:38 PM
...and most of all, we do these contests for the smack talk!
:08:

I thought this whole site was made for the smack talk and we paint stuff in between lol

Demonn
29-03-2014, 06:43 PM
you would think that

:ass:

BloodFather
30-03-2014, 03:18 AM
For the record no one is forcing you to do anything. WAMP and WYRD are offering you an opportunity to partake in a for fun painting contest. Most of us do it for fun and motivation to finish minis. If you are entering this to try and win it, then suck it up and put the time in for a clever diorama or elaborate base. But be warned. it wont guarantee a win!

There are other painting contests out there with different categories including dioramas, just not the case on this one. Wyrd hosts them once or twice a year (Rotten Harvest, Femme fatale etc although I haven't seen FF in a while).

Yeah, thanks guy. I thought that if I failed to enter the competition then the WAMP police would show up at my house and seize my paint brushes and confiscate my paint. Thank you for clearing this up. I now look at life with a newfound appreciation for artistic freedom.

Also, I have been hoping to enter a small diorama from the start, if my time and resources allow. I was speaking not from a position of laziness, but was simply pointing out what I thought would provide for a more objective, fair, and practical set of prerequisites for this competition. Clearly, there is some confusion from many users as to the vagueness of the requirements, and I hoped to address this. Pardon me for offering some constructiveness.

BloodFather
30-03-2014, 03:29 AM
also theres no reason a gaming mini cant have a nice base. Big doesnt equal better

Yes, in reviewing some previous contests in the archives, it is clear that a beautifully painted figure can and will take it all. Now all I need to do is learn to paint!

Mako
30-03-2014, 05:27 AM
Looks like this is another one I'll bomb out of, haven't got anything like enough time to actually do my idea and have had way too much going on to actually focus on it.

I'll be lucky if I get one gaming piece finished by the end of april, never mind a shiny little vignette!

phatkid1966
30-03-2014, 07:37 AM
Looks like this is another one I'll bomb out of, haven't got anything like enough time to actually do my idea and have had way too much going on to actually focus on it.

I'll be lucky if I get one gaming piece finished by the end of april, never mind a shiny little vignette!

You know you love working under pressure :)

Truthfully, I actually feel your pain. I hope to have something finished in time but may be dreaming. I have 3 miniatures to complete plus a bust and something will have to give or I will end up finishing neither. Oh and a personal miniature I was trying to complete for mothers day got delayed due to the ridiculous amount of time it takes me to photograph and chop my pictures for another project.

Demonn
30-03-2014, 08:18 AM
Mako and Terry:

http://downloads.xdesktopwallpapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Two%20Small%20Brown%20White%20Cats%20In%20Basket.j pg

:funny:

BloodFather
30-03-2014, 01:37 PM
Actually....my apologies, NeatPete. I realize you were only offering me advice, and if I came across as a sarcastic prick, it's because-well, I intended to be one, and that was wrong of me. Especially considering this:

There was one thing that inspired me to go all out as a beginner painter, and do a diorama for this contest. Awhile back, I believe it was on CMoN, I saw this diorama that was was very well executed, and actually a bit humorous. I was inspired by the concept, and decided that if I ever put together a diorama, I would use elements from this example. To me, it was what this craft is all about.

Some time went by, and in the meantime I came across not only this website, but others told me that this was a great place to improve my painting by entering contests. So I committed to the Wyrd project, and have since been ordering minis and researching materials to add to the planned vignette. I did a search last night , looking for the vignette that originally compelled me to take part. It took me awhile, but eventually I found it:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_4I_ClUANF-s/TLjTqve3ZMI/AAAAAAAAADM/hD57qAdqqLI/s1600/Bayou+BBQ.JPG

Thanks, NeatPete, for the inspiration.

Endor
30-03-2014, 01:47 PM
Cool stuff, I accidentally stumbled over this thread, and maybe it is still time for me to finish that ronin chick I started waaaay back.. About time, at least!

NeatPete
01-04-2014, 08:25 PM
Awww.. BloodFather! you've made me blush twice in two posts for two very different reasons.
In your defense, I too was being a bit of a sarcastic prick in the first part of my post, and I appologize.

I'm glad you liked The Bayou BBQ and were inspired to create a dio of your own! Nothing could be more flattering than inspiring and motivating someone to express their own creative visions. I look forward to seeing what you will come up with. Feel free to start a WIP thread and get some feedback if you are into that sort of thing.

I did a write up of the project if you'd like to see how it all came together and the mistakes I made and lessons learned with some additional pics. If you have any questions, please let me know!
http://www.wampforum.com/VB4/showthread.php?t=3495&highlight=Bayou

Good luck on your first contest!

phatkid1966
01-04-2014, 09:26 PM
Bloodfather and Neatpete sitting in a tree ........................:rolleyes:

And Marko. I didn't miss that last post m8!! lol (I owe you now brother)!

BloodFather
02-04-2014, 02:00 PM
And so we find common ground in our prickness...

I went over the WIP and found it extremely helpful. I have never worked with a lot of those materials, and so seeing it all from scratch really helps. I also have a ton of questions that I'll PM you with later. But more generally, I know you've done some other pretty big projects, but the links that connect them from the Bayou WIP don't seem to work, at least not for me on my iPhone. I'm sure these would be equally informative.

I have a WIP blog on CMON that shows my preparations for this project. Truthfully, I am still fleshing it out and debating what to do. Time is so short that I'm not committed to anything too crazy right now. But I'm going to take a trip to the local rail road and hobby stores today or tomorrow to see what supplies are on hand. More on this in the PM I'll send you.

But yeah. Big fan of your dioramas. Thanks for the help.

BloodFather
02-04-2014, 02:02 PM
Bloodfather and Neatpete sitting in a tree......................

..........yeah? And then what happens? We are dying to know!! :eek:

Demonn
02-04-2014, 02:51 PM
..........yeah? And then what happens? We are dying to know!! :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8gi_q_PQA4

Normski
03-04-2014, 10:47 PM
ok guys this is whats going on with my Misaki, I managed to get our lass to make something to do with our hobby lol she Platted some wire to make a longer ponytail for Misaki because I didnt like the plastic one!! so the pics bellow show what has come of it!!

Demonn
05-04-2014, 09:18 PM
nice pony tail Norm, I see you have some experience there!

on a more serious note, managed to finish the base of one entry that I need to paint (still plastic grey, I'm affraid). the other entry is mostly painted but I need to make the display base.
so statistically I have one finished entry and one that hasn't been started LOL

Mako
05-04-2014, 09:20 PM
Quick, merge the two!

And that's one epic ponytail, Normski!

phatkid1966
06-04-2014, 10:30 AM
Mrs Normski has done a grand job there buddy, how is she at sculpting?

Demonn
06-04-2014, 09:12 PM
putting the finishing touches on one entry...

should be up tomorrow or the day after...

then it's on with the other entry....

Normski
10-04-2014, 10:28 PM
LOL sculpting not so good but rocks at ponytails lol its actually wire from LED wire stripped back, and she is well happy that you guys like it, it turned out awesome, hated the poxy plastic one it was tiny and so fragile.

it still hasnt seen paint except another undercoat lol

AtomBalm
14-04-2014, 05:13 AM
hey guys, new to the forum, was wondering if an image this size would be acceptable for a submission for the contest. Want to make sure they are big enough, but not too big.

Darklord
14-04-2014, 09:37 AM
welcome to wamp mate. Yeah that size is fine. A little bigger might show off more details but I think its big enough to show what you have done.

AtomBalm
14-04-2014, 06:19 PM
One last question. If i upload a single model for the contest, and also upload a group shot, does that negate my single model image? Sorry, I have a bunch that i would like to show, just don't want to be annoying about it.

Demonn
14-04-2014, 08:37 PM
to answer your question, this is my entry from last year:

http://www.wampforum.com/gallery/images/613-004559100-1363988974.jpg

so what I suggest is that you do a montage. for instance, if I get you right, you have a crew (or at least a part of it) and you'd like to show all. I'm not sure you can enter the whole crew and then single models from that crew as separate entries (I'll let Darklord answer that), however a crafty montage can show them all as one entry...
hope this helps

AtomBalm
14-04-2014, 10:03 PM
ah yes! that helps big time. Thanks. Also I am now afraid to post my stuff... Did you win last year?

Demonn
14-04-2014, 10:06 PM
came in second :smile:

oh and don't be affraid. that mini you showed is great (and those on Wyrd forum too! yeah, I had a peek LOL) !

AtomBalm
15-04-2014, 08:23 PM
Ha! thanks. I had already submitted a few singles shots, so i may just leave em. I will most likely put up two group shots (crews). but i don't have any nice display boards made.

Normski
15-04-2014, 09:02 PM
sorry Guys Im out!! Misaki is going on the shelf till I can get the time to do it!!

Demonn
15-04-2014, 09:05 PM
sorry Guys Im out!! Misaki is going on the shelf till I can get the time to do it!!

http://s1.ibtimes.com/sites/www.ibtimes.com/files/styles/v2_article_large/public/2013/07/12/mushroom-kitten_0.jpg

Normski
15-04-2014, 09:35 PM
OK so I had a post here earlier lol but it seems to have vanished?

ok so it said yeah Im a ***** but I would rather take my time than rush it and not be happy with the paint job ( or something to that effect lol)

Sigmar3
18-04-2014, 05:44 PM
I can't believe it, I've actually hit a deadline lol. All finished just have to take some photos. Hopefully get the entry in tomorrow. Phew.

Like earlier though after seeing what came 2nd last year...it's a little daunting. That was excellent.

Demonn
18-04-2014, 06:02 PM
don't be. nothing so elaborate this time... at least not from me :)

SpiralingCadaver
18-04-2014, 07:50 PM
Hi, I'm having trouble uploading to the competition gallery- I can upload pics, but can't figure out how to do so in the gallery- it dumps me out on what appears to be a generic upload page that only prompts me to set an album for the upload... what am I doing wrong?

EDIT: never mind, I think I got it to work with the basic uploader. I assume I just need to wait for it to get approved at this point?

Demonn
18-04-2014, 10:38 PM
hey SC, nice to see you here :smile:

yeah, now you just wait for one of the mods to approve your pic(s)...

SpiralingCadaver
18-04-2014, 11:13 PM
hehe, yep, always interested in new painting forums since there aren't many out there.

Thanks, pics have been approved and are in the right place this time :)

Brambleten
19-04-2014, 12:23 AM
Well, got my second entry done so I'll get pictures of her sorted to montage tomorrow. I don't think I'll be putting any more in though, not enough time for my mojo to turn back to Malifaux from it's current Knight/GW direction.

Demonn
19-04-2014, 03:50 PM
phew... the other (and final) entry is now in... waiting on approval...

Viruk
22-04-2014, 08:22 PM
OK, so I've uploaded my entry (finished this guy today and thought I might just give the competition a go) but it's not in the contest gallery yet. Does it need an approval from admin?

Demonn
22-04-2014, 08:27 PM
yeah, all the entries need admin approval

AtomBalm
29-04-2014, 04:32 PM
It's almost time!!! This is the first time i have really shared my work with anyone and it is so exciting. The competition is awesome. I am really digging this community. :) So what happens after tomorrow?

Gujozec
29-04-2014, 04:46 PM
In my experience, after tomorrow we wait for ages and ages for the voting to be set up. Then the voting is done (lasts about a week usually), and then we wait for ages and ages again for the results to be announced. I hope you have plenty of patience.

In any case, I like what you did with those Malifaux plastics and good luck in the competition! :)

Demonn
29-04-2014, 05:13 PM
sarcasm I sense... to the dark side it leads... careful you must be!

Darklord
29-04-2014, 10:31 PM
In my experience, after tomorrow we wait for ages and ages for the voting to be set up. Then the voting is done (lasts about a week usually), and then we wait for ages and ages again for the results to be announced. I hope you have plenty of patience.

In any case, I like what you did with those Malifaux plastics and good luck in the competition! :)

Happy to employ a PA if you can help fund one :cheeky:

Demonn
29-04-2014, 10:40 PM
Norm will do it for free

Brambleten
29-04-2014, 10:44 PM
The wait gives you plenty of time to do other things. Like paint, for example :smile:

Spectral Dragon
30-04-2014, 12:13 AM

How is he supposed to build tension and excitement if he doesn't make you wait and sweat a bit?

Normski
30-04-2014, 12:41 AM
dont mention sweating!! Marko will get paranoid :tongue:
Know what the sweaty hockey guys are like!!

and if I had a spare 5 mins to scratch my own butt I would help in a heart beat!!!

Demonn
30-04-2014, 06:36 AM
Scratching your butt wont help anyone here mate!

Darklord
30-04-2014, 09:42 AM
Norm will do it for free

Yeah but he looks bloody awful in a pencil skirt leaning on my desk taking dictation

Normski
30-04-2014, 11:16 PM
Brett now everyone knows I dont look good in a pencil skirt!! im gonna have to stop wearing one lol

Darklord
01-05-2014, 08:30 AM
Brett now everyone knows I dont look good in a pencil skirt!! im gonna have to stop wearing one lol

well you still look good enough for Demonn, I just have higher standards.

Deadline has now passed folks, thanks for your entries. Please go to the gallery and make sure your entry is showing in the Wyrd contest section. If its not let me know

Demonn
01-05-2014, 08:33 AM
you just jealous of Norm and me!!

AtomBalm
01-05-2014, 04:23 PM
Ha! Thanks. For the heads up and the compliment. :)

Normski
01-05-2014, 07:10 PM
Yeah Brett!! Jealousy gets ya no where lol

virtualonmars
06-05-2014, 10:47 PM
I'm guessing we're still waiting for the voting to go up yea?

SpiralingCadaver
07-05-2014, 12:09 AM
AFAIK, yea, looks that way.

Darklord
07-05-2014, 06:53 AM
will be up today folks

Darklord
07-05-2014, 07:55 AM
Voting is now open folks:

Wyrd 2014 Voting (http://www.wampforum.com/VB4/showthread.php?t=17035)