PDA

View Full Version : Crisis 2009

GunjiNoKanrei
24-10-2009, 12:13 AM
Crisis 09 (http://www.tsoa.be/html/crisis09_titelblad.htm) - Saturday 7th November 2009 in Antwerp (Belgium)

I have been to Crisis the last three years and think it is a fantastic convention. Lots of exhibitors - Black Cat, Black Scorpion, Brigade Models, Freebooter, Miniaturenland/Dark Sword, SmartMax and many more.

The painting competition features historical, fantasy and sci-fi categories for single miniatures, units and dioramas. There is also a "scale smaller than 15mm" categories which is perfect for me as a BattleTech (6mm scale) fan :) The judging use the open system which means every entry is awarded points and if you reach a certain score you get a bronze, silver or gold medal. This means there can be several golds, silvers or bronzes (or none) per category. Of course there are special prices like best of show too. The competition usually attracts painters from Belgium, UK, France, Germany, ... and the level is very high.

I am really looking forward to this and will definitely be going.

Anyone else going?

Darklord
24-10-2009, 09:28 AM
not me but i wish you all the best with it - go fly the flag for wamp!!.
let us know how you get one afterwards

EldinTux
24-10-2009, 12:35 PM
Cant get across there, but make sure WaMP is well represented :D

ScottRadom
24-10-2009, 02:53 PM
Man I wish there was more stuff liek this locally. And by more, I mean at least one I didn't have to have a passport and a plane ticket to go to.

GunjiNoKanrei
25-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Will do my best and I will make sure to snap lots of pictures :)

Man I wish there was more stuff liek this locally. And by more, I mean at least one I didn't have to have a passport and a plane ticket to go to.
You know, everytime GenCon comes around I feel exactly the same ;)

Darklord
27-10-2009, 01:51 PM
yeah but scott your coming to word expo aint ya!!

GunjiNoKanrei
07-11-2009, 10:34 PM
Just came back from Crisis and it was a great event :) Lots of exhibitors, spend (a reasonable) amount of money and got to drool about upcoming Smart Max releases. And the painting competition was great as always with many awesome entries. The judging was very harsh this and not many prices were awarded - this means I am all the more proud of the Bronze I picked up in "Smaller than 15mm scale" category - the only price awarded in that category :)

I should have some pictures up later today or tomorrow for those interested.

EDIT: My photo-fu wasn't strong today, but even though they are not that good the pictures are up. Crisis 2009 event coverage (http://www.darklined.com/specials/crisis-2009/)