PDA

View Full Version : Ironwind Metals - Voting

Darklord
22-10-2009, 08:22 PM
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z93/darklordminiatures/ironwindbanner.jpg

So my lovely little wampers its that time again - this is a tyrannically controlled demorcray so heres your chance to have your say.
we have 14 entries - our 3rd highest turnout and some new faces who will i hope continue to frequent our little corner of the internet.

So very simple for voting - i ask that you each simply post here with your choices for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
If you prefer you can vote in private by pm to myself.
Voting will remain open until Tuesday 27th October at 6pm (british time)
A vote for 1st place is worth 3 points, 2nd 2 points and 3rd 1 points.
After voting is closed i will add the votes up with places awarded to those with the highest scores or the biggest promise of riches to me (that bits a joke!! - legal clarification!)
In the event of a tie the piece voted more 1st's will win then most 2nd's, if they are still tied then we toss a coin or have a fight to the death - whichever the contestants prefer (though im holding out for the deadly duel!)

Any questions just ask.

Now All votes are appreciated , wether you entered the contest or not and even more appreciated are comments on the pieces - these contest are here for some fun but more importantly a chance to improve our painting so please if you have chance leave a comment or two - i know the entrants appreciate it.

all the entries are here:
http://wamp-forum.com/phpBB2/album_cat.php?cat_id=91

and the Ironwind Metals site is here:
http://ironwindmetals.com/d/index.php

also i just want to re-state a particular rule

Each entrant is only eligible for one prize. In the event of an entrant winning more than one prize they will receive the prize of highest value - any subsequent prizes will be awarded to the next highest placed entrant

good luck to all that entered

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z93/darklordminiatures/banner468x60.jpg

waghorn41
22-10-2009, 08:44 PM
Ok here goes, difficult choices after the first place

1. Locust by GunjiNoKanrei
2. Toxicspirit by Jabberwocky
3. Greenblade by NeatPete

Well done all and good luck.

Hey DL do I get a special prize for getting WAMP into my entry :lol:

Moth
22-10-2009, 08:51 PM
umm... 1st place 3 points, and 3rd place 3 points?

Darklord
22-10-2009, 08:59 PM
nope it says 3rd place 1 point - always has - silly springbok!!!
:roll:

Moth
22-10-2009, 09:01 PM
hehe

Cregan Tur
22-10-2009, 10:11 PM
1st Place: Toxic Spirit By Jabberwocky
2nd Place: Vulture By Darklord
3rd Place: Locust By GujiNoKanrei

Vern
22-10-2009, 10:54 PM
1st - Toxic Spirit by Jabberwocky

2nd - Vulture by Darklord

3rd - Aerial servant by MyrnnyxMinis

Well done everyone & some nice entries - I'll try on comment on them all over the weekend

alextheartist
22-10-2009, 11:18 PM
1. Toxicspirit by Jabberwocky
2. Vulture by Darklord
3. Locust by GunjiNoKanrei

nathanr
23-10-2009, 12:06 AM
1. Vulture by Darklord
2. Locust by GuniNoKanrei
3. Toxicspirit by Jabberwocky

ScottRadom
23-10-2009, 04:46 AM
1 Toxic Spirit - Jabberwocky
2 Locust GunjinoKanrei
3 Vulture by DL.

Lot's of nice stuff. My first pick was easy though, that eye is really well done I think! Nice work Jabberwocky!

elysium64
23-10-2009, 06:16 AM
1 Toxic Spirit
2 Locust
3Panther
The Toxic Spirit for me really is the stand out model from all the entries, beautifully painted. Shame I have just recieved some Ironwind figures too late to enter this one, will have to wait for next time.

MyrnnyxMinis
23-10-2009, 07:27 AM
Damn. Tough choices.

Well done, everyone.

Darklord
23-10-2009, 10:47 AM
wow - tough choice - 14 entries - robots, warriors, waieters - bit of everything!!
anyway hers my choice:
1st - Toxic Spirit
2nd - locust
3rd - Panther

demi
23-10-2009, 11:12 AM
as for me:
1st - locust
2nd - toxic spirit
3rd - vulture
:)

Keeper
23-10-2009, 12:05 PM
Really difficult choice. Loads of great entries!

1st : Toxicspirit by Jabberwocky
2nd : Panther by GuniNoKanrei
3rd : Elemental by MyrnnyxMinis

Moth
23-10-2009, 07:18 PM
1st: Toxicspirit by Jabberwocky.. Fantastic work on the wooden parts. And a nice sense of fun around the whole mini.
2nd: Vulture by Darklord.. Stunning weathering Brett! And the main colour choice fits in great with the feel of the walker.
3rd: Locust by GunjiNoKanrei.. Again great weathering, and a really lovely base.

Good job everyone!

Jabberwocky
24-10-2009, 12:54 AM
Congrats on another successful contest, DL!

1st--Vulture by DL
2nd--Locust by Gunji
3rd--Torch Bearer by Myrnnyx

I commented on all entries as well. Thanks to those that commented on mine; I am happy to hear what everyone thinks I could work on--it's the only way to improve!

Darklord
24-10-2009, 09:24 AM
Congrats on another successful contest, DL!

I commented on all entries as well. Thanks to those that commented on mine; I am happy to hear what everyone thinks I could work on--it's the only way to improve!

thanks Jabberwocky.

I too will be commenting on the entries when i can get 5 minutes (i havent got a minuite of actual 'mini' time this week!!
I encourage you all to go leave some comments if you can - the feedback is the main aim of this for many of us and its always nice to receive

TaleSpinner
24-10-2009, 11:11 PM
1: Toxic Spirit
2: Vulture
3: Place: Locust

Captain Sprout
25-10-2009, 12:17 AM
Excellent number of entries and some great models in there. Congrats to everyone who entered.

My top three;

1. Toxicspiritwip11 Jabberwocky
2. Vulture Darklord
3. Panther GunjiNoKanre

Comments;

Image: Toxicspiritwip11
Poster: Jabberwocky

Really nice colours and a very organic connection with the base. The eye is very well done and draws the eye (see what I did there) to the right part of the figure first. The small touches are great. Perhaps some highlights on the bullrushes would integrate them more with the scene as they look a bit flat in comparison to everything else and the wood might like another colour but overall its a lovely looking model.

Image: Vulture
Poster: Darklord

Excellent weathering and a good action pose. The colours all fit together really nicely. The scrapes and scratches are a great effect. A small criticism would be the white highlights in the windows which are a bit evenly spaced, but overall this was one of my favourites.

Image: Liberte Autogyro
Poster: waghorn41

Like the WAMP lettering and the bright colour scheme suits the model. I like the background and the flying base it gives it a proper sense of flight. The rotor blades look a little bent, but its a neat and bright model, the red is a good colour.

Image: Locust
Poster: GunjiNoKanrei

Cracking little base on this one. The NMM is well done overall, the weathering is neat. I like the effect on the purple gem. Its a very consistent style.

Image: Panther
Poster: GunjiNoKanrei

I think the NMM effect suits this model the best and the base is another nice one. The OSL on the eyes is a good effect and the model has good presence and a nice colour scheme.

Image: Aerial Servant
Poster: MyrnnyxMinis

Very novel model, not sure I've seen anything quite like that before. I liked the bright jacket and the white cloth over the arm has good shading.

Image: Raptor Ii

Nice neat paintjob and I particularly liked the windscreen effect. The metals look a little flat and perhaps might have benefited from another shade. The lighting on your photos looks quite hard and might be bleeding a bit of subtlety out of your paintjobs. The white is very clean and neat. Good colour scheme.

Image: Light Lance2
Poster: Keeper

Really like the unit feel of these models and the unusual camo scheme looks a bit like one of the experimental WW2 ones the Germans were trying out before the end of the war. Nice and clean and I bet they look nice in a row next to each other.

Image: Halfling Rogue
Poster: Vern

Good job on what appears to be a really tiny model! Like the leaves, they look like the deep piles you get on paths in autumn and the mini is really in them not on them. Neat paint job, for me a little extra highlight on the cloak would have brought it to life even more. Good choice of colours..they go well with the base rather than getting lost in it.

Image: Greenblade The Ranger
Poster: NeatPete

Nice colour scheme, the face and helmet really stand out well. The green on the cloak is nice, the shading looks a little shiny but its probably a camera thing. The base is a nice feature and the model feels part of it.

Image: Red Shift

Nice fire effect colour scheme on the model, though I am not a fan of the model itself I think you have brightened it up. The fire effect to the black on the pipes on top is nice.

Image: Torch Bearer

The fire effect on the torch is nice. The cape looks a bit flat but the colour is a good choice. You certainly have turned out a lot of stuff for this comp!

Image: Ral Partha, Evil Wizard

I like the freehand on the cloak. The metals are a bit flat in places but the colour choices are nice.

Image: 25mm Elemental

Nice colour scheme on this one, the different shades and tone are nicely done and they seem softer than the other models.

GunjiNoKanrei
25-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Now this is very tough!

After brooding over this for a couple of days here are my votes:

1: Toxic Spirit - honestly, before the entries were in it never ocured to me that my vote could go to a non-BattleTech miniature, because for me IWM is BattleTech, but ultimately the eye convinced me.

2: Vulture - excellent translation of weathering techniques from 26mm scale to 6mm scale and a nice base too.

3: Light Lance - wow, a full lance in a very coherent scheme. Something I always wanted to do. One day ... *dreams*

---------------
@Captain Sprout: Thanks for your comments :) Interesting how different perceptions are as I haven't used NMM on either of my entries.

Captain Sprout
25-10-2009, 07:59 PM
@Captain Sprout: Thanks for your comments :) Interesting how different perceptions are as I haven't used NMM on either of my entries.

Haven't you? Sorry about that, I thought that's what the grey was. My mistake!

GunjiNoKanrei
25-10-2009, 08:12 PM
Haven't you? Sorry about that, I thought that's what the grey was. My mistake!
No need to apologize :) I just find it interesting how different perceptions can be.

NeatPete
27-10-2009, 05:48 PM
1) Toxic spirit
2) Locust
3) Vulture

Good stuff all. If I can give an honerable mention I give it to Waghorn for his WAMP reference. Bonus point from me!

Darklord
27-10-2009, 05:50 PM
time to vote is nearly passed - you have until 6pm british time

Darklord
27-10-2009, 08:07 PM
NO MORE VOTES.
i shall now count and verify these and have my tea then let you know the results