PDA

View Full Version : Morgue Assistant Sebastian with Anders Eklund (Ritual)

Darklord
20-10-2009, 09:19 AM
This is the first of what i hope will be many 'paint along' tutorials.
Many of you wanted a group project to work through together so i have taken that concept a little further.
So heres how it works:
Anders had kindly agreed to lead this process. He will paint up parts of the mini and show us how he did - you can then go and repeat the process on your own copy of that mini. Then there will be another step and so on. As everyone is doing the same mini with the same process it gives us a great opportunity to see how we are doing and where we may be going wrong.

The mini Anders has chosen is Sebastian , the morgue assistant from Wyrd miniatures
http://wyrd-games.net/shop/images/P/sebastian-store.jpg

Anders actually painted the studio version you see before you.

So if you want to take part you will need a copy of Sebastian all cleaned and ready to go.
We will be giving some time for you to order and get these but if you intend working along then let us know. The more people the better

Ritual
20-10-2009, 10:40 AM
Let me just point out that I intend to paint the second version quite differently than the one you see above. Thus, you will get two sources of inspiration, although just one where you'll get step-by-step guidance. If anyone wishes to do something differently, I will try my best to give what guidance I can anyway. The second version will have regular metallics instead of NMM, but my metallics technique is in many ways very similar to how you'd paint NMM, so you can follow the same basic procedures using non-metallic paints.

I chose this mini as it is fairly straightforward. There's not too much fussy detail and nothing that demands more advanced techniques. So, neither you or I will have to spend vast amounts of time on this project. If a project like this drags on too much, I fear we will lose some of the participants along the way, due to time constraints, loss of motivation etc. I hope you agree with my choice and I hope to see plenty of participants. :)

GunjiNoKanrei
20-10-2009, 11:18 AM
Now this sounds interesting and while I may not participate I will at the very least follow this one closely!

Thanks Darklord and Ritual for doing this :) This could be the beginning of a fantastic feature :)

Ritual
20-10-2009, 11:21 AM
I'm thinking that I may compile my own material from this project into an article at some point.

Darklord
20-10-2009, 11:25 AM
that would be a good idea - then it gives people who missed it a chance to still have a go at a later date

Simon.W
20-10-2009, 12:19 PM
Yes this definitely sounds like a good idea guys and i am certainly keen to participate as i quite like your style of painting Ritual and it would be good practice to emulate some of your technique to incorporate into my own style for future miniatures .

I need to ask though roughly how long before you are looking at starting this as it may be at least the end of next week before i can get hold of one of these mini`s from a local supplier as the place i like to buy from is not posting anything until Monday and it takes at least 4 days from most local suppliers to get to where i live .

Ritual
20-10-2009, 12:22 PM
It'll be a couple of weeks, at least, before this starts. You'll have plenty of time. :)

Simon.W
20-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Ok thanks that works out well then .

Hinton
20-10-2009, 01:56 PM
Thanks for doing this, Anders - and thanks to you DL for putting it together.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to participate along with you. I'd love to, but I don't have Sebastian and can't afford to pick one up right now.

But I certainly will watch as things progress and hopefully be able to learn a few things.

Ritual
20-10-2009, 01:58 PM
If I had had another copy I'd send you one, Bryan, but unfortunately I only have the one I'm going to paint myself and I can't do without it. ;)

Cregan Tur
20-10-2009, 02:45 PM
I'm definately in for this! I just ordered the mini from Wyrd.

I'm going to clean and prime the mini when I get it, so that it's ready when we start this wonderful project. Will white primer be fine, or will we have to use a different color?

elysium64
20-10-2009, 02:47 PM
I have this miniature in my to do pile so I will certainly take part, sounds like a great idea.

Vern
20-10-2009, 02:47 PM
Cool idea - cheers Anders & Brett

I'll see it I can pick one up next week :D

Ritual
20-10-2009, 02:54 PM
Cool to see some participants joining! :D

@CreganTur
White primer will be fine! I'll use grey, but the difference isn't so big. I'm mostly working with solid base coats, so white and grey aren't really much different.

ScottRadom
20-10-2009, 03:24 PM
*****in. I am torn, should I strip the one I got or order a new one? Bah. I'll order a new one. Realizing this violates my no new mini's rule but this shoul dbe great. I also recently decided to do up these guys as one of my two warbands for Malifaux so that's pretty cool.

Thanks Anders!

lizcam
20-10-2009, 03:59 PM
This looks like a good way to get myself back in the game. I have one of those minis so I'm more than likely in on this. Thanks Anders!

supervike
20-10-2009, 04:21 PM
I love this idea! Thanks guys!

ScottRadom
20-10-2009, 04:26 PM
Ordered mine just now. Along with a McMourning and some piglets, and all the cards from the factions for gameplay. Stoked for this!

NeatPete
20-10-2009, 05:14 PM
Yeah this is going to be awesome. I'm pretty damn stoked for this as well. Thanks for taking the time to do this Anders! (and DL) I think it will be lots of fun and helpfull for the crew of us. I can't wait!!!

I have one of these guys so I don't have any extras to share, but I do have my one. He's sitting in my display case all bare metal staring at me, looking ugly next to painted figs. I've been reading the rules about the ressurectionists a lot lately and I'm happy to get some of the models painted, they are pretty fun to play. Tough as hell.

Captain Sprout
20-10-2009, 06:55 PM
I shall leap into the fray as I think I have this mini somewhere..just a matter of finding it in the pile. I think it will be fun to try some new things.

Scherdy
20-10-2009, 07:01 PM
Such a great excuse to pick up some miniatures I've been gawking at and talking myself out of purchasing for too long from Wyrd.

Maybe I'll break a part on my bike today while I ride so I can have an excuse to replace the part with something newer on it too!

EldinTux
20-10-2009, 07:58 PM
Really great idea. I would be in, but I really cant get new mini's atm. I'll follow the thread and when I can get a new one I'll give it a try.

Darklord
20-10-2009, 07:59 PM
this should be a great group thing.

@Scherdy push rod or motor?

ScottRadom
20-10-2009, 08:20 PM
It's a great plan.

Maybe we should've asked Nathan for a dealy on a bunch of Sebastians? Too late for me anyhow. I'm suepr pumped to see Ritual in action. It's like a 1000's christmas' happening all at once in a split second in my mind. Without the In-laws to boot!

DL, I think you should volunteer for one of these. I think I'd like to see you work your way through something like your AoW beastman. Which I ordered a while ago. I wouldn't have, but I did liek your version a bunch.

Keep it up WAMP. Get any better and I MAY have to call off the execution squads I dispatched earlier in the month. No promises.

Darklord
20-10-2009, 08:25 PM
cheers scott its appreciated - but there are better painters i have in mind!!
i did ask for a discount but i dont think my mail got through!!

Cregan Tur
20-10-2009, 08:31 PM
Maybe we should've asked Nathan for a dealy on a bunch of Sebastians?

I was thinking about this during lunch- DL's such a great organizer that we can expect at least a couple of these a year. Getting a special deal on the mini for the 'course' would make it very appealing, especially as a way to bring in new members.

I think it's ironic that I ask about Mini Mentor a few days ago, and now we're doing this for just the cost of a mini!

Darklord
20-10-2009, 08:37 PM
@Cregan - i am trying to arrange some deals for wamp members on some things (well i tell a lie really - i WILL be trying to get some deals when a certain other project is set up)
I have a little something in place for brushes maybe

Scherdy
20-10-2009, 08:53 PM
Wow, there really seems to be a good response so far and I hope it can grow. It's a great idea.

@Darklord - mountain bike. any motorbike scares me - everyone i know that has grown up riding them has like 3 screws, a titanium plate and an assortment of metal gadgetry put into their skeleton. At least my lack of physical ability slightly limits how badly I can break myself.

Darklord
20-10-2009, 09:14 PM
love the biking myself though im an amateur with a ****ty bike its still fun - you Xc, downhill?

SilentBob
20-10-2009, 09:48 PM
sounds cool. I'm not sure how timing is going to effect me - but I'll do my best to partake. At worst, I'll do it later & post my pics at various stages. Keeping fingers crossed that RL won't get in the way for me though.

Stahler77
21-10-2009, 03:05 AM
I really like the plan for this and I'm in!

Now I just need to get one of these guys and not let my wife find out about it.

Darklord
21-10-2009, 07:41 AM
I'll just say if any of you guys are not sure timewise if you can commit you can always give it a go and if you run short on time then just pick up again when you get chance - we can still give people feedback later on and the stages will all be there for future reference

Ritual
21-10-2009, 09:36 AM
Nice to see people joining. And yes, like Brett said, you can pull out at any time during this "class". No one is forcing you to finish the mini, even though we all hope, of course, to see a heap of handsome Sebastians when this is done. :D

Darklord
21-10-2009, 01:13 PM
an army of buzz saw wielding maniacs? sounds great!!

SilentBob
21-10-2009, 04:16 PM
yeah - that's what I like most about this - that I could drop out & come back later & continue. That, and who doesn't like an army of buzz-saw wielding maniacs? ;)

Darklord
21-10-2009, 04:19 PM
yeah - that's what I like most about this - that I could drop out & come back later & continue. That, and who doesn't like an army of buzz-saw wielding maniacs? ;)

buzz-saw weiling maniacophobes?

cant think of anyone else though, maybe my mother in law - she doesnt like anybody!

Warpainter
21-10-2009, 04:29 PM
I saw this over on the Wyrd forum. I just started the game and I just ordered this miniature. I am on board for this. Looking forward to it.

Ritual
21-10-2009, 05:29 PM
Cool, and welcome aboard, Warpainter!

Darklord
21-10-2009, 05:57 PM
welcome along warpainter - hope you enjoy the fun!
i need to order mine but i have wyrd shop issues - think ill go prod eric with a stick again!

Scherdy
21-10-2009, 07:16 PM
love the biking myself though im an amateur with a ****ty bike its still fun - you Xc, downhill?
****ty bike or not, as long as it's being ridden.
I definitely like pointing the bike downhill with dual suspension more than than the climbing aspect but nothing too crazy. It is nice to be on a bike on a pretty xc ride though and much easier to share doing that with others. My first bike was definitely much more of an xc bike but this last year talked the wife into letting me upgrade to a heavier dual-susp.

Also, I ordered my Wyrd mini today as a b-day present from my wife so all is good to go! (when it arrives anyway)

Darklord
21-10-2009, 07:46 PM
good man.

im currently saving up for a new bike - probabaly a decent hardtail for what i use it for.
though my ****ty nbike did get me round the world champs course at fort bill (though disc brakes would have been nice!!)

Hinton
21-10-2009, 08:05 PM
@Warpainter: welcome to WaMP!

Stahler77
21-10-2009, 09:08 PM
Excellent I've just found I should have an angle to get one of these guys to par-take in this "class". Now I just need several various moons to align just right and pick him up!

Cregan Tur
21-10-2009, 09:27 PM
With all the excitement and chatter in this thread, DL'll have to create a new one for the actual paint-along, when it happens.

I'm almost as excited for this as I am for Dragon Age: Origins!

Captain Sprout
21-10-2009, 10:07 PM
With all the excitement and chatter in this thread, DL'll have to create a new one for the actual paint-along, when it happens.

Really looking forward to that game too :) And this paint thing will be a good chance to give me a finish a mini kick.

Scherdy
21-10-2009, 10:25 PM

As a former WoW addict, I've been jonesing for a game I can stop, pause and walk away from as I hack and slash on my own time. Hopefully it comes close to as good as they make it look.

Ritual
21-10-2009, 10:35 PM

When we're all ready to go I'll start, not one, but two threads. One for my step-by-step descriptions and any questions/comments that you may have about it, and the other for your WIP photos, questions and my feedback on it. I think that will be the best way to do things.

Warpainter
22-10-2009, 02:01 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. :D

Darklord
22-10-2009, 09:10 AM
sounds like a plan Anders - ordering mine today now i got the wyrd shop thing sorted

Warpainter
22-10-2009, 04:57 PM
Quick question, will there be a specific paint list? Or just use what you have?
Thanks!

Darklord
22-10-2009, 05:01 PM
just use what you have - i use gw but i kmow others use vallejo or reaper - i think its more about technique than matching the colours exact.

Warpainter
22-10-2009, 05:43 PM
That's what I thought, I use mainly P3's.
Thanks!

Ritual
22-10-2009, 05:48 PM
I will of course mention what paints I use, and if I know of similar alternatives. But, you are free to use whatever paints and colours you want.

Darklord
22-10-2009, 06:53 PM
i think there are comparision charts around - anyone know a link?

Captain Sprout
22-10-2009, 08:46 PM
i think there are comparision charts around - anyone know a link?

This Vallejo ones have various comparisons (Vallejo game color to GW, Rackham and Reaper) by reference number, was in my bookmarks, not sure if anyone has a better one. There is also one for model color.

Called 'equivalencies' under the paint names here.

http://www.acrylicosvallejo.com/

Darklord
22-10-2009, 08:52 PM
cool cheers sprouts

Vern
22-10-2009, 10:14 PM
Cheers Cptn (I've bookmarked it)

... there always the ridiculously complicated colour match too

http://wamp-forum.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=638

Darklord
23-10-2009, 12:14 PM
btw if any of you are thinking of buying this and your in the uk - rather than paying $18.50 from wyrd there are some on ebay at 5.40 with free postage here:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390107901433#shId
its maelstrom games.
postage looks like it will be a little longer than usual but not much different to ordering from the us anyway

Keeper
23-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Thanks, Brett :)

Darklord
23-10-2009, 01:30 PM
no prob bob

Cregan Tur
23-10-2009, 10:37 PM
I am deeply impressed with Wyrd- Sebastian arrived today!

I'm amused and slightly concerned that my box contained 2 cherry Jolly Ranchers, however.

Just wanted to check that it's okay to fully assembly Sebastian, or will we need the buzz saw seperate from the body?

Ritual
24-10-2009, 12:19 AM
You paint it the way you want to paint it. But, speaking from experience having painted it before, there's no point in painting the saw separately. It's not difficult to paint assembled.

Darklord
26-10-2009, 03:16 PM
well mine arrived this morning - ordered it friday and we had 2 day postal strike so a massive postal backlog so im pretty impressed with Maelstrom games

Cregan Tur
26-10-2009, 04:41 PM
@DL - did yours arrive with Jolly Ranchers in the box?

I'm still slightly disturbed by that- I guess one of the packing guys needed a snack. It reminds me of when I worked in the mail room of a big bank- someone sent in the final payment on their loan in with a few packs of gum.

On another occassion, we had to go into lockdown because we opened a letter and white powder came spilling out of the envelope. We finally discovered that it was white-out. Apparently the sender caked luquid white-out on the letter, and it crumbled off while the letter was processed through the mail.

But nothing quite compares to delivering the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue to someone on the executive floor.

Darklord
26-10-2009, 05:34 PM
no - but i didnt order from wyrd - i think they do that sometimes

NeatPete
26-10-2009, 05:48 PM
Wyrd is cool like that. Seems to almost always be something extra in the box. Sometimes its candy, sometimes its metal.

Darklord
26-10-2009, 06:07 PM
well they are wierd, or are they wyrd?

Warpainter
27-10-2009, 02:49 AM
Got my models, the rulebook, and the fate decks today in the mail. Can't wait to get started.

Ritual
27-10-2009, 01:01 PM
Ok, to get this thing organised I went through the thread and made a list of those who have said they're taking part in this. I have noted which have the mini. Those who have a question mark, could you please shout when you have the mini? When all the question marks are gone we'll start...

Darklord - got the mini
Simon.W - ?
Cregan Tur - got the mini
elysium64 - got the mini
Vern - got the mini
ScottRadom - ?
lizcam - got the mini
supervike - in or not?
NeatPete - got the mini
Captain Sprout - got the mini
Scherdy - ?
SilentBob - ?
Stahler77 - ?
Warpainter - got the mini

Of course, it is not too late to join, so if you want to give this a go, just add your name to the list. :)

EDIT: List updated.

Darklord
27-10-2009, 01:07 PM
good plan Anders - I'll go bump on wyrd and cmon - i know some did say they would join so a nudge wont harm!

Darklord
27-10-2009, 01:10 PM
well maybe not wyrd!

ScottRadom
27-10-2009, 03:54 PM
Ordered it last week from Wyrd, whould be here in a day or so.

Vern
27-10-2009, 04:37 PM
Got mine today :D

SilentBob
27-10-2009, 04:43 PM
I ordered it last week too. Still waiting. I'm guessing it'll be here on Friday.

Ritual
27-10-2009, 04:44 PM
@Vern
Thanks, I've updated the list.

Darklord
27-10-2009, 05:21 PM
so 8 definates already - good stuff

WarlikeRogue
27-10-2009, 05:32 PM
btw if any of you are thinking of buying this and your in the uk - rather than paying $18.50 from wyrd there are some on ebay at 5.40 with free postage here:

its maelstrom games.
postage looks like it will be a little longer than usual but not much different to ordering from the us anyway

This post will teach me to stop getting over excited and go buying mini's without finishing reading threads! :roll:

I've just ordered my mini from the wyrd shop. My first ever Wyrd mini and it looks like a good one.

Also a perfect excuse to become more active on WAMP. Really looking forward to this. Thanks for organising it guys.

Darklord
27-10-2009, 05:42 PM
Hey welcome along buddy - fallout fan - always a good sign!

wyrd minis are great - it will be the first of many for you and youu get adviceon painting it from the man who painted it officially!!

feel free to poke around the forum - we are all friendly in here

Ritual
27-10-2009, 05:43 PM
Oh, another participant! Great! Welcome! :D

WarlikeRogue
27-10-2009, 06:18 PM
Thanks for the welcome!

ScottRadom
27-10-2009, 07:07 PM

its maelstrom games.

This post will teach me to stop getting over excited and go buying mini's without finishing reading threads! :roll:

I've just ordered my mini from the wyrd shop. My first ever Wyrd mini and it looks like a good one.

Also a perfect excuse to become more active on WAMP. Really looking forward to this. Thanks for organising it guys.

Ah, it's always nice to support the company direct like.

Welcome!

Mort
28-10-2009, 03:40 PM
Saw this linked over on the Wyrd forum.

Have placed the order for the mini, should be here within a couple days.

DEFINITELY will follow along with this! :)

Thank you,
-Mort

Ritual
28-10-2009, 03:52 PM
Welcome aboard, Mort! :D

Darklord
28-10-2009, 03:59 PM
Hey Mort , nice to see you over here. think that takes us to 10 people so far??

Simon.W
29-10-2009, 01:49 AM
Sorry guys been away for 2 days , i have ordered mine and it should be here Friday or Monday i do apologize it wont be sooner but that`s Australia Post for you, two states away and it still takes four days to get to me . :roll:

So i am a definite participant when it gets here !!! :D

Ritual
29-10-2009, 03:10 AM
No worries, mate! I don't think we'll start this until at least a week from now.

Darklord
29-10-2009, 09:44 AM
that`s Australia Post for you, two states away and it still takes four days to get to me . :roll:

well if you will get skippy to be mailman!

WarlikeRogue
29-10-2009, 04:34 PM
No worries, mate! I don't think we'll start this until at least a week from now.

Fingers crossed my copy will be here by then! I can always catch up I suppose.

Ritual
29-10-2009, 04:56 PM
I'll wait until everyone's ready! Don't worry!

Darklord
29-10-2009, 05:30 PM

we're having a Le Mans style start!!

WarlikeRogue
29-10-2009, 05:37 PM

we're having a Le Mans style start!!

Lol, I have to run across the street from opposite my house? Crash helmet on, paint brush and paints in hand!

Darklord
29-10-2009, 06:42 PM
exactly!! while wearing clown shoes

Scherdy
29-10-2009, 08:23 PM
I'm assuming we have to put on our neon-green, body-fitting spandex track uniforms to cut down on any wind resistance to have the best chance of a good start?

I mean, it's what I normally paint in. That PLUS the orange cape and swim goggles but those go without saying, right? So it won't be strange for me, but may require others to alter their normal painting outfit slightly.

Darklord
29-10-2009, 08:26 PM
do ducks need swim googles?

Scherdy
29-10-2009, 08:41 PM
Always, can't be too careful. The eyes are the groin of the face.

SilentBob
29-10-2009, 08:50 PM
The eyes are the groin of the face.
Now there's a good signature quote!

Stahler77
29-10-2009, 09:55 PM
Alright my Mini arrived today and I'll be picking him up on Saturday!

Ritual
29-10-2009, 10:19 PM
Updated list:

Darklord - got the mini
Simon.W - waiting
elysium64 - got the mini
Vern - got the mini
ScottRadom - waiting
lizcam - got the mini
supervike - ???
NeatPete - got the mini
Scherdy - got the mini
SilentBob - got the mini
Stahler77 - got the mini
WarlikeRogue - waiting
Mort - waiting

EDIT: Updated x2

Darklord
29-10-2009, 10:22 PM
woo 15 people thats a cracking number

Scherdy
29-10-2009, 10:23 PM
Oh, i have mine I just never posted that it came. My bad.

Ritual
29-10-2009, 10:46 PM
Fixed! :)

SilentBob
30-10-2009, 03:53 PM
Just got mine yesterday :)
Actually yesterday was pretty good, as I also found Vitharr Bearclaw from Studio McVey in my postbox too :)

Darklord
30-10-2009, 05:59 PM
[quote="SilentBob I also found Vitharr Bearclaw from Studio McVey in my postbox too :)[/quote]

hope it turns out better than when i found that toad in my bathroom

SilentBob
30-10-2009, 07:25 PM
[quote="SilentBob I also found Vitharr Bearclaw from Studio McVey in my postbox too :)

hope it turns out better than when i found that toad in my bathroom[/quote]

In traditional 1-upmanship: that's nothing - I once found a snake in my bathroom!

Darklord
30-10-2009, 08:16 PM
theres a python everytime i go

DaveyBoy
31-10-2009, 11:14 AM
This sounds like a great idea and I would like to take part if that is OK.
My painting time is limited due to work and family commitments, so I am not sure if I wll be able to keep up however I would like to give it a go.
I have my Sebastian mini ready and waiting.

Darklord
31-10-2009, 12:07 PM
your more than welcome. if you find you cant keep up yuo can always come back and do it at a later date - there will be a permanent article about it

Mort
01-11-2009, 04:30 AM
Received my mini today from The Warstore, and am ready to go! :)

-Mort

Ritual
01-11-2009, 11:17 AM
Updated list:

Darklord - got the mini
Simon.W - waiting
elysium64 - got the mini
Vern - got the mini
ScottRadom - waiting
lizcam - got the mini
supervike - waiting
NeatPete - got the mini
Scherdy - got the mini
SilentBob - got the mini
Stahler77 - got the mini
WarlikeRogue - waiting
Mort - got the mini
DaveyBoy - got the mini

Ritual
01-11-2009, 11:19 AM
I'm thinking we might get ready to start this soon, now. Just a few people still waiting for their miniatures. I'll probably post the first part of the tutorial next weekend.

NeatPete
01-11-2009, 06:51 PM
sweet! I'll get mine prepped and primed.

Simon.W
02-11-2009, 02:45 AM
I received my miniature this morning and will have him cleaned and prepped sometime in the next day or two, so i am pretty much good to go now .

Simon.W
03-11-2009, 11:09 AM
My mini is now prepped, primed and ready to paint !!!

Ritual
03-11-2009, 12:19 PM
First post will go up on Saturday or Sunday, if things go as I've planned.

Darklord
03-11-2009, 12:33 PM
sounds good - I will get mine prepped tonight then - hopefully it will stop raining before the weekend so i can prime him!!

Ritual
03-11-2009, 12:40 PM
I always prime indoors this time of the year. A small mini like that only takes a short while to prime and 15 minutes with the windows open takes care of the smell.

Darklord
03-11-2009, 12:47 PM
i do use the porch at a psuh as i can be inside but spray 'out' if that makes sense! i dont like indoors spraying becasue of the little ones

Ritual
03-11-2009, 12:57 PM
WHat doesn't kill them makes them stronger! :D But, no seriously... I can see your point. I can usually limit the spread of the fumes to the room I'm spraying in, but if you can't do that, I understand you don't want to spray indoors.

Darklord
03-11-2009, 01:10 PM
the testors is the worst - its the brush on stuff and it stinks and proclaims might give you cancer!

ScottRadom
03-11-2009, 01:43 PM
Mine still hasn't come! This is the longest anything has taken to get to me from Wyrd.

As for priming, why not do it in the can with the fan on? Probably done more dangerous things in there that would cause cancer instantly if the kids walked in.

WarlikeRogue
03-11-2009, 02:17 PM
My Sebastian arrived in the post today. Lovely mini with Ritual's paint job displayed on the back.

I'll get him cleaned and primed something this week in preparation for the weekend.

Darklord
03-11-2009, 02:42 PM
I do believe that leaves just Jim on that list - do we know if hes entering?

Cregan Tur
03-11-2009, 02:54 PM
I can safely say that with the new Wheel of Time book, Dragon Age: Origins, and this painting tutorial; I will be having a very busy November!

Ritual
03-11-2009, 03:37 PM
I do believe that leaves just Jim on that list - do we know if hes entering?
And Scott... I asked Jim if he was joining or not and he said he could order one and join in as soon as the mini arrived. We wasn't supposed to wait for him. We'll see if he joins or not.

I'm going to go ahead and start this weekend. Hopefully Scott has the mini by then. If not, I'll take it easy with part 2 so he can catch up.

ScottRadom
03-11-2009, 04:49 PM
I don't want to hold this up. I plan on painting a coupel of mini's at a time using your techniques. At least one of the nurses painted up to go along with the Sebastian. If I haven't got mine by Wednesday I will toss my old sebastian in the mug of death and strip it. But I don't WANT to do that.

BTW Anders, what color primer are you starting from? Grey?

Ritual
03-11-2009, 05:21 PM
Yep, grey.

Darklord
03-11-2009, 06:14 PM
scott - just start when it arrives - there will be time for you to catch up im sure

Darklord
03-11-2009, 07:44 PM
Just assembling mine now, Anders I hope you paint better than however did the one thats on this card in the blister!!

ScottRadom
03-11-2009, 09:58 PM
I checked the mail and I got mine today. Yippee! Some other stuff as well.

NeatPete
03-11-2009, 10:18 PM
I'm searching for my dudes Saw... I seemed to have misplaced it!

NeatPete
03-11-2009, 10:24 PM
found it!

Ritual
03-11-2009, 11:24 PM
Ok, good news, folks! It's just Jim we're uncertain of, and he said not to wait for him.

Captain Sprout
03-11-2009, 11:38 PM
Should we be basing as well as prepping and priming?

Just wanted to check.

Warpainter
04-11-2009, 01:01 AM
Hey Guys,
Do to my work schedule changing and I have to put more hours in. I am not sure if I will be able to start on this with everyone else. But I will try to follow along.
Thanks

ScottRadom
04-11-2009, 03:02 AM
I'm really looking forward to this Anders. You better not let me down!

Just kidding, but thank you very much for volunteering for this. I KNOW you don't like doing WIP stuff, so this is a real effort on your behalf I am sure. So I'll buy you a beer in Switzerland. Most of a beer anyway. I'll just drink the top half, and you can finish 'er off.

Ritual
04-11-2009, 09:02 AM
@Cpt Sprout
I always paint my minis separate from the base, but do as you find most convenient.

@Warpainter
Sorry to hear that. But, you can always follow the steps later at your own pace. If you have questions at that point, don't hesitate to ask me, even though the step-by-step thing may be finished and wrapped up.

@Scott
I'll do my best!

Karelian
04-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Hi guys!

This is my first post here so let me introduce myself! My name is Jaakko Karjalainen, I'm 23 years old and I come from Finland.

I received my mini today and it should be prepped, primed etc very soon.

:D

Darklord
04-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Moikka. Jaakko. nice to see you here.
hope you enjoy the paint along - feel free to look around the rest of the site - we are all a friendly little family here

Scherdy
04-11-2009, 09:16 PM
Stoked about this! mini cleaned and glued, just need to do a bit of gap filling around the saw, some hot glue to a painting base, a shot of primer and I'm set!

Ritual
04-11-2009, 10:21 PM
@Karelian
Welcome aboard! :D

Captain Sprout
04-11-2009, 10:23 PM
@Cpt Sprout
I always paint my minis separate from the base, but do as you find most convenient.

Cool, thanks. I find it hard to paint if I don't make a little base (I like bases best I think, bodes badly!).

NeatPete
04-11-2009, 10:31 PM
Welcome Karelian!

This will go down as the most ultimate, epic, first paint along with Ritual in WAMP history.

Ritual
05-11-2009, 09:45 AM
This will go down as the most ultimate, epic, first paint along with Ritual in WAMP history.
Hard to fail there, isn't it? :roll:

Darklord
05-11-2009, 09:46 AM
as its the first ever paint along with ritual in wamp history i hope it does!!

Warpainter
05-11-2009, 04:18 PM
Well it looks like I can attend the class after all. So I am back on board!!! :)

Darklord
05-11-2009, 06:08 PM
good man - pull up a pew!
weather was good enough for priming today so im ready to roll

WarlikeRogue
06-11-2009, 11:36 AM
I'm all primed and ready to go!

Just like my mini really.

Darklord
06-11-2009, 11:44 AM
I'm all primed and ready to go!

Just like my mini really. :obsessed

Ritual
08-11-2009, 06:46 PM
Seems I'll not be able to put the first step up tonight as I had planned. But, I will make it for tomorrow night, for sure. Sorry for the delay.

ScottRadom
08-11-2009, 06:53 PM
Cool beans!

DaveyBoy
09-11-2009, 09:05 PM
The delay actually gave me a little extra time to get my mini primed.
It is now ready and I await the first instalment with eager anticipation.

Cregan Tur
10-11-2009, 09:28 PM
All primed and ready to go! I'm very stoked about this, especially when I read the first tutorial post and saw that he's going to show how to properly do glazes!

Ritual
10-11-2009, 11:30 PM
I hope I'll be able to show it properly, at least. It won't be as good as if I could show it live, and I only have text and photos to use. But, hopefully I'll be able to give you an idea of how to go about it.

Ritual
13-11-2009, 06:42 AM
Blaerghh!!! I feel like crap today... At least it's Friday. I hope I'll be able to do something for this during the weekend.

ScottRadom
13-11-2009, 06:56 AM
Hey pal, it's still Thursday (for four minutes) here in the chosen land.

Ritual
13-11-2009, 08:38 AM
You've always been a bit behind... ;)

Darklord
13-11-2009, 11:24 AM
he shoots, he scores.....

NeatPete
13-11-2009, 04:37 PM
Yup, got mine all primed and based and mounted on my painting block ready to go.

Hope you feel better Anders!

ScottRadom
14-11-2009, 01:05 AM
You've always been a bit behind... ;)

Dammit!

NeatPete
19-11-2009, 01:25 AM
I hope Anders is allright... Anyone heard from him?

ScottRadom
19-11-2009, 01:37 AM
He's made a couple posts over on CMON about some stuff, and a couple about getting over a bad sickness. He'll be fine. He's got all that excess body weight to shed anyway.

Darkmessiah
19-11-2009, 04:25 AM
hope he is ok =]

Darklord
19-11-2009, 10:15 AM
Sure he's fine just might take a while to get going again

Ritual
23-11-2009, 10:30 AM
I'm fine, thanks! Or, at least I'm getting there. Last week was rough for me, but I think I'm getting back into things again now. Did some painting last night, so I should be able to get this thing going again within a couple of days. I'm still coughing, but at least not so frequently that I can't paint.

Darklord
23-11-2009, 11:08 AM
glad to hear your getting there buddy - dont feel the need to rush this thing thoughh - only when your ready

Ritual
23-11-2009, 11:23 AM
Thanks, Brett! I haven't been completely idle, though... I have tidied up my work space and installed a more permanent photo set up, so that I can much more easily photograph stuff while painting, without having to clear up space, re-arrange lamps, etc. This is something I've planned on doing for a long time, but never gotten around to. I'll start working on next installment of this tutorial tonight and we'll see how long it takes. But, I think next step should be available in a few days.

Halestorm
23-11-2009, 04:02 PM
Oooo, after posing my 'Little angels' wip i find this thread DOH!!

Looks like im going to be following this closely, i only have the face painted of mine so far :)

Iain.

Darklord
25-11-2009, 10:17 AM
its fate mate

Karelian
29-11-2009, 10:36 PM
Hi guys,

Hopefully starting to paint sebastian tomorrow. It's ready and primed!

WIP pics coming soon!

Regards,

Karelian

Ritual
30-11-2009, 01:41 AM
Cool! I look forward to seeing it. :)

Simon.W
30-11-2009, 10:21 AM
I will have my w.i.p photos posted tomorrow in the same thread where pete posted his .

Darklord
30-11-2009, 11:29 AM
start mine tonight too the first stage (priming) looked just like anders so im on the right track!!

Ritual
30-11-2009, 11:41 AM
I will have my w.i.p photos posted tomorrow in the same thread where pete posted his .
That's the general idea! :D Look forward to seeing your progress.

@Darklord
Oh, so you've mastered my advanced priming technique? That bodes well for the future. :wink:

Darklord
30-11-2009, 11:45 AM
yeah - i stepped up from dipping em in a pot of chaos black!!

Vern
07-12-2009, 10:13 PM
Soz, but I'll not be making a start on mine until after the Pegaso Comp - 54mm & IP is about as much as I can handle at the moment

Ritual
08-12-2009, 11:34 AM
No worries. I think I will have to do this rather slowly, anyway. Work, real life (holidays coming up), and some other painting commitments make this a rather slow progress. So, there will be some time to catch up. I hope to post next step sometime later this week, though.

Darklord
08-12-2009, 12:04 PM
take your time Anders please dont feel obliged to commit to a schedule.

Ritual
08-12-2009, 01:33 PM
I just want to keep some sort of steady pace.

Cregan Tur
09-12-2009, 02:47 PM
Finished the robe on my Sebastian last night but didn't have time to take pictures... I'll get them up tonight, though.

Cregan Tur
31-12-2009, 03:35 PM
I know we've been embroiled in the holiday season, but I was wondering if anyone had heard from Anders when the next steps for the paint along will be published.

Darklord
05-01-2010, 08:29 PM
no nothing - he wasnt too well so hes maybe having a long lay-off

Cregan Tur
17-01-2010, 07:49 PM
Any word yet? I'd love to continue this great class.

Darklord
12-02-2010, 10:33 PM
this step by step will be continuing sometime in the future, Anders has just been extremley busy recently