PDA

View Full Version : Urban Mammoth- The results

Darklord
23-09-2009, 10:31 PM
Well its that time again when we sort the wheat from the chaff abd find out who has what it takes to win.

We had 15 cracking entries of a wide variety, the majority of which were from newcomers which is great and i really hope you guys stick around .
So we have three medals up for grabs and it was a mere 1 point that seperated our newly crowned champions from the almost rans.
so i give you the winner of Urban Mammoth 2009 is........

Scott Radom!!! with his Void Chick.

Very closley followed by Demi with his '3 steps from eternity'

And grabbing the last of the medals is Merawen with his lovely Kabuki Doll.

So after a few close runs Scott finally bags himself the top spot - well done mate. Also a big well done to our 2 runners up - all three were deserved winners (can you all send me your details please)

Also a big well done to everyone else that entered, its great to see you all competing and hopefully youll be dabbling in some of our future contests too.

I though you may like to know the sores others received (for those that gained votes)
AGproductions -13
Darklord - 10
Merawen (Koralon) - 9
Stahler - 8
Alex the artist - 7

if you didnt receive any votes dont feel bad the top 3 took mst of them!!

Finally a big thankyou to Urban Mammoth for sponsoring this event - they do a great range of minis

cheers,

Brett

Vern
23-09-2009, 10:42 PM
Way to go Scott, well deserved & congrats to the Demi & Merawen too

Thanks to DL & UM for putting this contest on, and I hope there'll be another (as the minis are really nice) :D

Stahler77
23-09-2009, 10:59 PM
Scott, Congrats on winning the top Spot. Also to Demi and Merawyn for pulling in 2nd and 3rd.

As for the rest of us Schmucks good showing all around.

NeatPete
23-09-2009, 11:09 PM
Great job everyone, another great contest. I'm bummed I missed this one, I always wanted to get some of their minis, maybe next year...

Keep up the good work WAMPers!

alextheartist
23-09-2009, 11:50 PM
Does this oppotunity for scotts ego to grow worry you guys?? (oh wait.. it cant get any bigger..) :)

I'm kiddin scott, congratz on winning bud!

Congrats to the other guys too!

Lost Boy
24-09-2009, 12:27 AM
Congratulations to ScottRadom, and well done to Demi and Merawen.

And well done to everyone else who took part-they were all great enties.

Captain Sprout
24-09-2009, 12:51 AM
Nice work Scott and well done to all that entered..loads of entries and really well supported comp, nice!

arctica
24-09-2009, 01:00 AM
Congrats to all, was a good competition, very hard one to choose and lots of choice which made it even worse lol.

ScottRadom
24-09-2009, 02:53 AM
Thanks guys!

I have to say this though... I would not have picked my entry. It's not false modesty, I don't have either!

I do appreciate it, and I think Demi's entry was more deserving, and I too felt it hard to pick just three entries for my votes. Way to go team WAMP! Much appreciated. I will send a pic of my medal when I get it.

demi
24-09-2009, 06:55 AM
the contest is over! and it brought me the first medal i won ever! :oops:
congrats to all participants - it was really hard to vote only for 3 pieces

Darklord
24-09-2009, 07:39 AM
well done guys.

Scott if its any consilation i didnt vote for yours!!

Now we have only 3 contests left for the year - Iron winds Armorcast and Pegaso so get painting!!

Keeper
24-09-2009, 11:25 AM
Well done to everyone! But especially to Scott, Demi and Merawen :)

Coneman
24-09-2009, 12:44 PM
Well done everyone, a good batch on entries.

Congrats to Scott for the win and a thumbs up to Demi and Merawen.

Hinton
24-09-2009, 02:16 PM
Congrats to Scott on winning and well done to Demi and Merawen for placing 2nd and 3rd. And a shout out to everyone that entered and to those that took the time to vote.

agproductions
24-09-2009, 03:24 PM
Good job everyone.

Tough contest with a lot of good competition.

Looking forward to the next one.

Boris
24-09-2009, 04:24 PM
Nice work everyone - congrats to the medal winners.

RogerB
24-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Congratulations to everyone, especially to the winners. And to me as those three places were as I voted. :lol:

Ashur
24-09-2009, 08:27 PM
congrats to the winners and the others too, good work

waghorn41
24-09-2009, 10:21 PM
Congrats to the winners. Nice to see so many entries.

maxstyles417
29-09-2009, 01:50 AM
Congrats to all. What a fun, supportive bunch you are! I can't wait for the next one. Oh yeah... Thanks for introducing me to such a wonderful line of minis. Can you hear my wallet screaming as I write this? :D

Kazakh Nomad
07-10-2009, 05:40 AM
Congratulations guys from all of us at Urban Mammoth, standard was very high and I was very impressed as to the friendly atmosphere in which is was conducted, a credit to you all. Special Honours to Scott, Demi and Meraven :) medals will be winging there way to you very soon.
All the best,

John

ScottRadom
07-10-2009, 06:07 AM
Sweet! Thanks for supporting WAMP!

Darklord
07-10-2009, 10:18 AM
Yeah thanks John, was a fun and very well supported contest and i think Urban Mammoth has a few new fans!

supervike
07-10-2009, 04:31 PM
Great job peoples!

I love Urban Mammoth minis, and really wanted to get one done for this....Oh well.

Darklord
08-10-2009, 09:38 AM
the road to painting prefection is littered with good intentions!!

maxstyles417
08-10-2009, 10:32 PM
I thought it was:

The journey of a well painted miniature begins with just one stroke....

And some paint...

And some expensive brushes...

And a finely sculpted miniature...

And a butt-load of experience....

... Wait a minute... Maybe that is "he who paints last, paints the best" ... Oh wait, thatís not it. Never mind....