PDA

View Full Version : Subby's New PFP Challenge...

sublimebrushwork
05-11-2012, 10:45 AM
Morning all.
I had a bit of a bonus over the weekend. A chap who lives over the road from where I have my little studio, in the back of my Dad's garage, offered me a box of Space Marines for 40.
Once I saw the contents I tried not to bite his arm off.
A few need stripping and there's a couple of bits missing, that I need to get, but here are said contents:
2x Tactical Squads
2x Devastator Squads
1x Terminator Squad (needs a flamer)
1x Terminator Assault Squad
1x Scout Sniper Squad
1x Chaplain
1x Commander
1x Command Squad
1x Land Raider (needs top hatch assemblies)
3x Vanguard Veterans (need 2 more to make a squad)
Marnaeus Calgar and Honour Guard

Quite a haul! Calgar and his guard, alone, are worth what I paid for this lot.
It's going to cost me about a tenner to get the bits I need so my initial outlay is going to come to 50.
So here's my challenge:
50 into 500
I aim to set a price of 7.50 per Marine, 10 per Devastator/Terminator and 20 for characters so the 500 goal should be well within reach.
My target is to paint one squad per week which should be achievable, working around my other jobs. I'm going to paint them as Ultramarines. Boring, I know, but that should appeal to as wide an audience as possible.
All I need to do now is figure out a quick and easy method to paint an average of one Marine per hour..that's going to be the biggest challenge for me-I'm not exactly known for my speed...

Wish me luck!

Demonn
05-11-2012, 10:57 AM
luck!

(although you don't need any extra judging by the ammount paid for the said models :smile:)

Jabberwocky
05-11-2012, 12:47 PM
Best of luck! Congrats on the score--always nice to find a bargain.

sublimebrushwork
12-11-2012, 10:03 AM
In addition to all t'other stuff I've started on this week (see here//www.wampforum.com/VB4/showthread.php?t=14532&p=193818#post193818 (http://www.wampforum.com//www.wampforum.com/VB4/showthread.php?t=14532&p=193818#post193818)) I've made a start on the first squad.
Reckon I've worked out a quick and effective colour scheme for the Ultramarines so we'll see how it turns out...