PDA

View Full Version : Wamped! III

shanerozzell
01-10-2012, 03:46 PM
Returning for its third year in a row, it’s time, once more for our famous end of year, multi-sponsor painting contest, WAMPED. The WAMPED contest is the best way to sign off the year and try and bag yourself a heap load of goodies in the process.

Due to other numerous commitments on Brett’s part I have been asked to organise this and I hope to make it a great experience for you. WAMPED has two goals. The first is to spread the word about WAMP, to show painters what a cool place it is to hang out and to show manufacturers what we can do. The second is to bring new people into the fold, be it someone new to the hobby or a seasoned pro. The spread of prizes for this year will have something for everyone. We’ll have category prizes and spot prizes and not all of them go to the best paintjobs so there is no excuse for you not to enter.

Now I know there are only a so many hours in a day and we already have a pretty tight contest schedule so we’re allowing for that. This means that any miniature painted for a contest announced on WAMP between September (yes that’s the Reaper contest) and Christmas will be eligible for WAMPEDIII. That means you can dust of the old paintjob and implement those things highlighted from the feedback and improve on it, a second bite of the cherry so to speak.

Contest Time Line
This year the contest will run from 1st October (today) until 6pm UK time on the Thursday 31st Jan 2013. WAMP subscribers get one extra week ending 6pm, UK time on Thursday 7th February 2013.

Prizes
For reasons you’ll see we don’t have a finalised list of prizes but I’ll keep updating the prize list as and when information is given to me. Last year we had in total 111 entries which made WAMPED one of the biggest online contests ever and we want to improve on that number so I have dug deep and started to build a great list of sponsors, so far, I have confirmation from the following companies.

Figone (http://www.figone.fr/en/)

Rosemary & Co (http://www.rosemaryandco.com/)

Model Display Products (http://www.modeldisplayproducts.co.uk/)

Secret Weapon (http://www.secretweaponminiatures.com/)

Andrea Miniatures (http://www.andrea-miniatures.com)

Miniature Heroes (http://miniature-heroes.co.uk/)

Bushido (http://bushido-thegame.com/)

The Army Painter (http://www.thearmypainter.com/)

I am also working hard to add more and more everyday so by the end of the contest I hope to have a huge prize list that will match the size of the contest and make it worthwhile for everyone to enter.

Categories

Fantasy: any number of miniatures up to 40mm size on a single display.
Sci-Fi: any number of miniatures up to 40mm size on a single display.
Historical: any number of miniatures up to 40mm size on a single display.
Steampunk: any number of miniatures up to 40mm size on a single display.
Large Scale: Anything over and including 40mm miniatures and busts regardless of genre.

We'll also have spot prizes for the most number of entries and best new comers.
There will also be a "Best in Show" award which will be voted for separately and comprise of all the miniatures that placed 1st to 3rd in the above categories. The BOS Winner will have its own prize allocation as well as the prizes for winning a specific category.

Choosing a winner
When the deadline is reached voting threads will be put up for each category. This will stay up for 15 days, after which category winners will be posted and those entered for best in show will be put up for another 15 days until we a finial winner. If there are any ties then organisers will each cast a vote until a winner is chosen.
Every WAMP member is eligible to vote and each person has THREE votes. All three must be used and done at the same time. We’ll keep a close eye on this and any voter that doesn’t vote correctly will have their votes discounted.
Painters who enter are also allowed to vote but NOT on their own miniature, that’s just a bit conceited and not how we roll :tongue:

Rules (please read them, its amazing how many don't!!)

You must be a WAMP Member to participate. Membership is free and you may register here (http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/register.php).
You may enter as many times as you like but each entry may only submit one photograph so if you need more angles it MUST be a montage.
Images must be no larger than 1000 pixels wide by 4000 pixels high. (It is your responsibility to check this). Any additional photographs of that entry will be removed.
All entries, new and old have to be for WAMP contests only. If they’ve been used elsewhere then they’ll be DQ’ed, the reason is below.
You give WAMP/Portal and any of the contest sponsors permission to use your pictures for publicity (but you do retain ownership).
You may post pictures of WIP’s or final shots both here and elsewhere.
Judging will be decided by public vote. Some spot prizes maybe awarded by sponsoring companies.
Submissions must be posted to the contest gallery which will be posted as soon as it's up. You must make sure you select the correct contest option in the contest select box either during upload (if using the basic up loader) or via edit pictures after upload. When uploading please fill out the image details fully, scale, manufacturer and most important title! If you have any problems here email any of the moderators and they'll help.

Final Word
As you can see this is going to be a big contest and we hope as many people as possible enter. We think the sponsors have pulled out all the stops to make this worthwhile so we hope you’ll support them as much as they’re supporting this contest. If you have any issues then please feel free to pm me.

Good Luck!

Orki
01-10-2012, 04:03 PM
Good luck to you too, Shane! That's some fine sponsors up there already mate. I'm sure you'll do a grand job of it. :)

MaGie
01-10-2012, 04:16 PM
Sounds great! And a lot of time to get some entries in hopefully :)

One rule I did not understand:

32358[SIZE=4]
All entries, new and old have to be for WAMP contests only. If they’ve been used elsewhere then they’ll be DQ’ed, the reason is below.
Makes perfect sense to me, and a very justified rule but I'm just wondering what is the reason, as I couldn't find it below ;)

Good luck with this Shane, and also to everyone planning to enter!

ogreninja
01-10-2012, 04:18 PM
cool might just dust the brushes off for this. just a quick one shane the date for subscribers is wrong shouldnt it be feb not jan :)

NeatPete
01-10-2012, 04:23 PM
Hubba Hubba
This sounds great Shane! I'm looking forward to this. WAMPED always draws some really great work and sponsors. May try and get one in on each category. I just sent off payment on Friday for something totally different for me and I hope to be able to complete it for this. Thanks for making this a reality!

Demonn
01-10-2012, 04:32 PM
Lovely jobly!

Mako
01-10-2012, 04:39 PM
Makes perfect sense to me, and a very justified rule but I'm just wondering what is the reason, as I couldn't find it below ;)

I think it's due to the rule below it: 'You give WAMP/Portal and any of the contest sponsors permission to use your pictures for publicity (but you do retain ownership).' If its been used before, it might have that rule applying to the previous contest. So non-WAMP contests would conflict.

I might try to enter this, I'll have to see what I put in my shipping crates or can sculpt in time, but each year I miss the contest and I don't want to again!

Dunnie
01-10-2012, 07:01 PM
This is the competition I have been waiting for! Hopefully I can find some to enter. Good job Shane!

shanerozzell
01-10-2012, 07:07 PM
Sounds great! And a lot of time to get some entries in hopefully :)

One rule I did not understand:

Good luck with this Shane, and also to everyone planning to enter!

It just causes a grey area if the images are going to be used by any of the companies for promotional reasons and we find they have been splashed all over the place.

cool might just dust the brushes off for this. just a quick one shane the date for subscribers is wrong shouldnt it be feb not jan :)

Spot on and fixed, thanks

I think it's due to the rule below it: 'You give WAMP/Portal and any of the contest sponsors permission to use your pictures for publicity (but you do retain ownership).' If its been used before, it might have that rule applying to the previous contest. So non-WAMP contests would conflict.
!

What he said :smile:

waghorn41
01-10-2012, 07:36 PM
Well I've got something I can enter in 4 of the 5 categories - nothing 'historical' in the pile , mainly hysterical wag stuff

Undave
01-10-2012, 07:37 PM
Well I've got something I can enter in 4 of the 5 categories - nothing 'historical' in the pile , mainly hysterical wag stuff

I'll focus on historical then I'm in with a chance :biggrin:

Demonn
01-10-2012, 07:40 PM
just a quick question, can the stuff entered for Wamp challenges go as well?

Sparks
01-10-2012, 08:03 PM
Looks like I know which category I'll be entering, hey Endor? ;)

Plus I've got a load of Steampunk stuff planned for Salute, so this is perfect! After planning a manageable amount of painting up till next September this may have just ruined all of that :D

Endor
01-10-2012, 08:50 PM
Great stuff Shane, and good luck with all the efforts! I should manage a couple of pieces for this. More worried about getting good enough pics taken :/

@Sparks: Hah, make me a winner Strain, then ;D

shanerozzell
01-10-2012, 09:20 PM
just a quick question, can the stuff entered for Wamp challenges go as well?

Wamp challenge miniatures are eligible as long as the challenge was issued within the given time frame.

Spectral Dragon
01-10-2012, 10:47 PM
Ok, seems I gotta forget the reaper contest in favor of this. Been holding off on a mini since the AOW contest to enter into this and I have to finish lord Terminus as well.

Busy busy, and good stuff shane!

shanerozzell
01-10-2012, 10:51 PM
Ok, seems I gotta forget the reaper contest in favor of this. Been holding off on a mini since the AOW contest to enter into this and I have to finish lord Terminus as well.

Busy busy, and good stuff shane!

Dude you should still enter the reaper contest and enter that to.

Spectral Dragon
01-10-2012, 11:00 PM
Dude you should still enter the reaper contest and enter that to.
Trying to work several contests at once has, in the past, always meant I end up without an entry for either. It's one or the other for me I'm afraid.

ScottRadom
02-10-2012, 12:08 AM
Great stuff! I will make a concerted effort to enter a bunch of stuff.

NeatPete
02-10-2012, 12:55 AM
Trying to work several contests at once has, in the past, always meant I end up without an entry for either. It's one or the other for me I'm afraid.

What Shane's saying is you can enter the Reaper mini into the Reaper contest, and then enter the same mini into WAMPED III. What Pete's saying is knock out the Reaper one and then start grinding on another one for WAMPED.

adary
02-10-2012, 08:45 AM
Would a WW II winter 1944/45 Ardennes diorama count for the historical part? It's something I started working on yesterday

Demonn
02-10-2012, 09:13 AM
Would a WW II winter 1944/45 Ardennes diorama count for the historical part?

are there goblins? (then I would imagine it's ok :smile: )

adary
02-10-2012, 09:18 AM
are there goblins? (then I would imagine it's ok :smile: )

No Goblins, but there are 101st airborne infantry with green-ish uniforms :)

shanerozzell
02-10-2012, 10:27 AM
Greenish uniforms eh??? hmmmmmm. Fan... No. Sci-... nah! OK plonk them in the historical category.

adary
02-10-2012, 10:49 AM
Greenish uniforms eh??? hmmmmmm. Fan... No. Sci-... nah! OK plonk them in the historical category.

That was the main quesiton. Does it fit in historical part :)

I'm basically doing battle of Bulge diorama as a dare, and if it fits the contest criteria i will pop it in :)

Sparks
02-10-2012, 05:39 PM
Sounds good, I need to improve the Red box mini I took to the Wamped comp, so I can see if Tre and DL set one up and then enter it into both?

waghorn41
02-10-2012, 07:09 PM
just remembered I've got a couple of WW2 paras which I can strip and repaint :smile:

dsmiles
03-10-2012, 05:28 PM
I may ACTUALLY have time to enter something here. Buying a house and moving is time consuming. :(

Darklord
03-10-2012, 07:52 PM
Sounds good, I need to improve the Red box mini I took to the Wamped comp, so I can see if Tre and DL set one up and then enter it into both?

there will be a RBG contest soon but you cant enter it in both

Sparks
03-10-2012, 07:57 PM
Ah ok, it didn't come across like that in the previous competition crossover in the thread (I think one was mentioned that wasn't a challenge mini?). If I've completely misread it, no worries, just got over excited with the new competition!

Wendy
03-10-2012, 08:58 PM
Is a live, in person show considered the same as posting pics online and therefore disqualifies the work in question? I suppose it's a question about all the WAMP contests in general. Chicago's coming up really soon and I'm heading to a show in Italy in November and I just don't have much time to finish stuff.

shanerozzell
03-10-2012, 11:19 PM
Is a live, in person show considered the same as posting pics online and therefore disqualifies the work in question? I suppose it's a question about all the WAMP contests in general. Chicago's coming up really soon and I'm heading to a show in Italy in November and I just don't have much time to finish stuff.

Hi Wendy, it's as it says, "online" this means stuff painting for shows that hasn't been seen in an online comp is fine to enter.

Wendy
04-10-2012, 04:03 PM
Woohoo! Thanks. :smile:

Darklord
04-10-2012, 06:25 PM
wendy that arwen looks great, any bigger pics?

Wendy
04-10-2012, 06:43 PM
wendy that arwen looks great, any bigger pics?

Thanks. I think I have a larger pic. I have a minute, so I'll post it the relevant part of the forum. :)

Normski
05-10-2012, 10:59 AM
Ok so this will be my first painting comp in years! so now I need to find a Mini to paint!!

Oh Dear!! lots to choose from!!!

Here Goes Nothing!!! (classic star wars)

Darklord
05-10-2012, 11:04 AM
Ok so this will be my first painting comp in years! so now I need to find a Mini to paint!!

Oh Dear!! lots to choose from!!!

Here Goes Nothing!!! (classic star wars)

good luck mate and welcome to wamp. dont forget you can enter as many times as you like

Normski
07-10-2012, 02:58 PM
thanks very Much DarkLord! having trouble picking a mini to paint!!! but have seen a guild of harmony mini i like so will try and find that one!!

unfortunately its out of stock in the wamp store !!

internet here i come!!

megazord_man
07-10-2012, 03:21 PM
thanks very Much DarkLord! having trouble picking a mini to paint!!! but have seen a guild of harmony mini i like so will try and find that one!!

unfortunately its out of stock in the wamp store !!

internet here i come!!

The beauty of WampIII is that you don't have to stick with just one mini or just one company ;-)

johazis
07-10-2012, 09:14 PM
I haven't been painting for long and this will be my first competition but it will be fun to give it a go, although I doubt I'd win anything with my painting skills at the moment :)

Sparks
07-10-2012, 10:10 PM
So I've ended up prepping two minis not on my planned list for the next twelve months, mainly because of this. As a result, I will no doubt have fewer models actually finished...

Normski
08-10-2012, 12:48 AM
The beauty of WampIII is that you don't have to stick with just one mini or just one company ;-)

cheers Megazord Man I would gladly sit and paint for endless hours but my stupid job gets in the way as I am away from home a lot during the week so family responsibilities take priority. hence only 1 mini chosen!! but i did see a few rackham minis today which I wouldnt mind doing if i cant get hold of the guild of harmony mini..

well time to earn some pennies and get buying!!

Plebicidal
09-10-2012, 01:57 AM
Nice!
Ill try to get some entries in for this one.. but should be good even just as a spectator!

exilesjjb
09-10-2012, 02:14 AM
might have to dig out some of those bust's I stock piled couple of years ago.
If anyone fancys trying a Historical bust drop me a PM I have several and would do an exchange, I still have a few 54mm fantacy ones too, plus more 28mm historical that you can imagine so anyone looking for figures head my way.

Just have to hope for a break in commissions :)

shanerozzell
13-10-2012, 02:45 PM
We have two newly confirmed sponsors. I'm just awaiting their logo which I'll plonk here when I have them.

32495 (http://www.darkworldcreations.com/dawn-of-the-apocalypse-category-39.html)
Ammon Miniatures (http://ammon-miniatures.com/?lang=en)

Dawn of the Apocalypse (http://www.darkworldcreations.com/dawn-of-the-apocalypse-category-39.html)

Sparks
13-10-2012, 05:37 PM
Some very exciting news! Love Ammon's stuff!

mennie
16-10-2012, 10:54 AM
40mm mean height of mini or overall height including basing?

shanerozzell
16-10-2012, 10:58 AM
40mm mean height of mini or overall height including basing?

Just the mini, we're not base-ist here mate :smile:

mennie
16-10-2012, 11:42 AM
Thank you Shane. I am also not Base-ist too :)

Iacton
16-10-2012, 12:33 PM
Oh my. Great sponsors, guys!
Too much temptation. Especially the Andrea and Dawn of the Apocalypse sponsors.

shanerozzell
18-10-2012, 12:05 PM
Already have a miniature from Andrea for the prize, Mila Kusanagi, Firereach Commando. And just had the prize from Figone arrive in the post, two of my favourite miniatures Slainegger and The Grey Mage; they're gorgeous too.

Corvus
19-10-2012, 08:19 AM
Work on my entry has started :)

Hod
19-10-2012, 06:42 PM
I got some Rackham I'm working on right now that would be good for this competition.

Normski
20-10-2012, 04:21 PM
Ok so in the end I couldnt get the Mini I wanted but while I was trawling the web I was looking through my old mini's and found a classic 80s citadel miniature so Im going to paint that instead! i think my skills can do it justice now as back then my painting was shocking lol just out of curiosity where do we post pics of the mini?

shanerozzell
20-10-2012, 06:44 PM
Here (http://www.wamp-forum.com/gallery/), in the new gallery. When you upload the image you can choose a contest gallery there. Any issues, PM me.

Sparks
20-10-2012, 07:51 PM
Have to say the prizes so far ain't my bag (not a fan of that space lady and whilst I like a lot of the Figone stuff, not overly keen on the 'fake' LOTR stuff either). Not complaining though, some great sponsors and incentives to get involved! It's certainly not going to stop me painting up lots of bits and bobs though as I love this contest!

shanerozzell
20-10-2012, 08:05 PM
A lot of companies have offered store credits but I am still negotiating the final amount. So it's still up in the air yet plus I am continuing to approach other companies too.

elgazzo
21-10-2012, 01:26 AM
How have i never seen Ammon before!! My wallet might take a beating...

Normski
21-10-2012, 04:56 PM
Thanks Shanerozzel appreciate it! must get my finger out now and paint hard!!

Nameless
22-10-2012, 08:57 AM
it's a bit shame that with all great historical models in 54mm scale (and larger) historical category is limited to 40mm or smaller :)

shanerozzell
22-10-2012, 10:05 AM
it's a bit shame that with all great historical models in 54mm scale (and larger) historical category is limited to 40mm or smaller :)

They go in the large scale category mate :smile:

Nameless
22-10-2012, 02:42 PM
I know Shane :)
thing is that "Large scale" cateogry is ... well... large ;) anything above 40mm? fantasy monsters in 30mm scale, so trolls, ogres and larger. SF war machines like dreadnoughts or warjacks. busts. 54mm models - no matter what genre, historical/fantasy/sf.
I'm just afraid that historical category will not be as popular as other categories. historical minis under 40mm are not as popular among fantasy painters, which I believe dominate WAMP.

shanerozzell
22-10-2012, 02:55 PM
Actually it's the scale that's important not the size of the miniature. So a 32mm scale ogre that stands 60mm will go into the fantasy category. A 120mm high giant is still 32mm scale so he to will go into the fantasy category.

All's I will add is that people who vote on WAMP are pretty fair. If something is painted well it'll get the votes regardless of it's genre.

Nameless
22-10-2012, 03:00 PM
oh, I didn't want to stipulate any unfairness. I entered WAMP contests too many time to be afraid of that :)
thanks for clarification on scales! it seems that I misunderstood the rules, sorry. I thought you had actual size in mind, not scale. good to know :)

Demonn
22-10-2012, 03:21 PM
I entered WAMP contests too many time to be afraid of that :)

you aren't affraid, by now you're used to it? :cheeky:

and there goes my shot at a prize... (me and my big mouth..) :ass:

adary
22-10-2012, 03:37 PM
The historical piece I'm working on is in 1/72 scale. I guess that counts as small scale :)

NeatPete
22-10-2012, 06:43 PM
Sorry if I missed this earlier in the thread but are there going to be sub folders in the gallery for each category? or are you going to distribute them all after the dealine into seperate folders? Just curious, thanks.

Demonn
22-10-2012, 06:47 PM
careful, curiosity killed the cat :-P

NeatPete
22-10-2012, 06:53 PM
Just trying to make sure there isn't a massive amount of work when it comes time to judging. But these guys are professionals, I'm sure they have something planned.

shanerozzell
22-10-2012, 07:00 PM
There will be some more folders added, just waiting for other comps to drop off the list so there is room

ScottRadom
23-10-2012, 12:57 AM
So to be clear the 40mm in the category is for 40mm or smaller scale regardless of the actual size of the completed mini or it's base size etc.

So I could put a GW Dreadnought (32mm scale on a 60mm base) in the Sc-Fi category. If I paint a demonic bust (54mms scale but only really 30mm large from head to chin) that would go inthe large scale category. Yes?

Just trying to finish off a Sci-Fi entry then I can get to work on the rest! Love WAMPed! Thanks for taking care of this Shane!

shanerozzell
23-10-2012, 10:22 AM
Yep you're spot on.

If anyone hasn't filled in all the details for the miniature, scale, genre, manufacturer and most importantly, given it a name could you please do so.

shanerozzell
31-10-2012, 12:28 PM
I'd like to announce another spot prize called "For the love of painting". This is a specially donated prize for the person that shows the most effort in a WIP Who's pushing their abilities to the max. This is to encourage people who wouldn't normally enter a painting contest because they feel they have no chance of winning so get posting those WIPS.

Normski
31-10-2012, 01:57 PM
Ive already got a WIP thats not been in any contest can I enter that? and where do I post the pic? cheers

Do I post them in the same gallery you told me before?

cheers again

megazord_man
31-10-2012, 02:03 PM
As long as it's in the wip section and you enter the finished mini into the competition you're automatically entered. No need to do anything other than paint, wip and enter ;) We've tried to make it nice and easy.

Normski
01-11-2012, 04:04 PM
Thats great cheers

phatkid1966
01-11-2012, 04:17 PM
Really pleased to hear about this one, ive already started on my wamp entry and this gives me some added motivation to push even harder to get it right. YOU JUST GOTTA LOVE OUR WAMP FOLKS :D

Mako
02-11-2012, 02:21 AM
I've just had an idea for what I want to do, and it being Wamped III has got me to push it a bit and try something a bit different to my usual.

Now all I need to do is find the time!

dsmiles
13-11-2012, 12:00 AM
Well, I just uploaded some entries, and realized (not for the first time) that I need a new photographer.

Undave
13-11-2012, 12:42 AM
Can I suggest a bit of an amendment to the categories? The historical category only goes up to 40mm like all the others but the vast majority of historical display minis are 54mm or larger. I reckon you'd get a more even spread of entries if you allowed historical stuff of any scale and reserved the large scale category for non-historicals.

Thor
26-11-2012, 09:30 PM
I've just finished Lord of Chaos from Avatars of War but I'm planned to sell it on eBay in next week. Can I put this mini to the contest?

megazord_man
26-11-2012, 10:01 PM
As long as its not been seen as a finished paint job anywhere online you're ok to enter it (if you've shown wips elsewhere that's ok)

Hope you can enter, I aways like your work!

billy7
27-11-2012, 01:35 AM
hi shane how do i enter the painting contest32913

NeatPete
27-11-2012, 02:26 AM
Upload it in the WAMP gallery. You can select the contest in a drop down or edit the picture after its uploaded to get it into the contest.

Targhl
27-11-2012, 02:09 PM
Hello! I'm totally new to your community, I never participated in your competitions and I'm not a native english speaker.
All theese facts lead me into some misunderstandings of the WAMPED contest rules.
So I will ask straight.
Is centaur figure on 25x50 mm base a legal entry? Does it fit ANY category? I think it is a large model category, isn't it?
Thank you )))

Thor
28-11-2012, 12:49 PM
As long as its not been seen as a finished paint job anywhere online you're ok to enter it (if you've shown wips elsewhere that's ok)

Hope you can enter, I aways like your work!

Thanks for the answer. :smile: I'll upload it soon :redface:

Normski
04-12-2012, 04:59 PM
Disaster Strikes!! MY WAMP Mini entry has fallen over and chipped!! :2:
Ive got it on my bench nursing its wound! will put a sticky plaster on its elbow lol

Normski
06-12-2012, 06:36 PM
Sorted lol!! Bit of a heart stopping moment but recovered well lol

Jabberwocky
06-12-2012, 07:51 PM
Disaster Strikes!! MY WAMP Mini entry has fallen over and chipped!! :2:
Ive got it on my bench nursing its wound! will put a sticky plaster on its elbow lol

Glad it turned out ok. That's the worst feeling as falls in slow motion to the floor--"NOOO!!!!"

phatkid1966
06-12-2012, 09:15 PM
Yep that and the moment that you realise the grey plastic thing your dog is chewing curiously reminds you of a KD white speaker you own!!

SkelettetS
06-12-2012, 09:40 PM
Yay! havent been on Wamp much lately but managed to get one submission to the contest anyway, lets see if i manage to finish something more.... :)

phatkid1966
06-12-2012, 09:50 PM
I just looked at some of your work on cmon skel, all i can say is wow...just wow!!

Normski
13-12-2012, 03:12 PM
LOL@PhatKid yeah I saw your post must have been heart wrenching! them KD minis arnt cheap Hey!
@Jabberwocky it was an eyes closed hope for the best moment for sure but its all good now lol

Normski
29-12-2012, 02:06 AM
Hey Brett or Shane!! Ive uploaded my entry and marked it for WAMPIII but its not showing in the Gallery any ideas why? Image size maybe?

Demonn
29-12-2012, 07:12 AM
every photo in the gallery needs to be approved :)

Normski
29-12-2012, 09:48 AM
Ahhh that will be it then lol just call me Mr Impatient lol

shanerozzell
29-12-2012, 10:49 AM
Nowt to do with me any more mate :) I'm sure a mod will be along at some point to approve the image though.

Orki
29-12-2012, 01:05 PM
But he's...yellow! :horro:

It's strange to see you off the green! :biggrin:

Normski
29-12-2012, 01:12 PM
@Shane! cheers fella didnt realize ya had stepped down from this too? thought it was just Portal? Mind you I dont read everything lol

Demonn
30-12-2012, 09:28 AM
Just a quick question:

can I enter a mini I have just finished into Wamped! III, that I did for a Wamp Challenge against NeatPete?

Darklord
31-12-2012, 11:50 AM
Just a quick question:

can I enter a mini I have just finished into Wamped! III, that I did for a Wamp Challenge against NeatPete?

yeah sure

Demonn
31-12-2012, 11:58 AM
just the answer I was looking for :smile:

NeatPete
02-01-2013, 08:30 PM
This is creeping up, get to work everyone! (myself included)

jkn
05-01-2013, 06:26 PM
I'll be happy to join in on Wamped IV. ;-)

Demonn
05-01-2013, 06:30 PM
why not this Wamped?
there's still plenty of time...

jkn
05-01-2013, 08:01 PM
4 weeks to remember very old skills that weren't that great back then... I think next year is more likely! We'll see though!

NeatPete
05-01-2013, 08:15 PM
"We'll see" not! Do, or do not. There is no "We'll see"

Normski
05-01-2013, 10:19 PM
LOL@NeatPete the WAMP Master Jedi

dpowell
09-01-2013, 05:19 PM
I know it's already been mentioned a little while ago, but I just wanted to second the request to up the historical scale to 54mm. There are a lot of historical figures at 54mm (Andrea, one of the sponsors, has a huge range of 54mm scale historicals... I've even entered one of theirs in this contest). When I think of large scale historical figures I think of 75mm, 90mm, and busts (150mm+). Lumping all of the 54mm historical figures into the large scale category short changes the historical category in my opinion. I understand that it might not be possible to change this for the current contest since rules have already been posted, but if not now please consider the request for WAMPed! IV. I understand there are historical wargames... but on the historical painters forums I've seen (PlanetFigure and others) you would be hard pressed to find any of their work eligible for the historical category here.

Sorry for complaining (really not what I want to do), I just consider myself primarily a historical figures painter and I'm sad that I don't have any figures painted or unpainted that I could enter in that category. But if the response is "suck it up and deal" I will and will still be a huge fan of WAMP.

Undave
09-01-2013, 05:26 PM
Gah! Can't change it now. I purposefully steered clear of doing my bigger historicals so I'd be able to enter the right category.

Like the man said though, it's probably something to think about for next time.

Orki
15-01-2013, 10:06 PM
Aye, I agree with the historical cat issues, but not fussed about it for this one. It's always a learning curve with these things as the guys in charge juggle the pros and cons.

Anyways, I totally forgot how close this is to the deadline, but I reckon I can muster 2-3 entries if I knuckle down. This is a great incentive for me at the mo to get my mind off things, and onto doing stuff.

Getting excited now!

dpowell
15-01-2013, 10:14 PM
Out of curiosity, how do we enter a figure in Wamped! III if it's already entered in another contest? I assume if I just edit the existing picture and change the contest tab it will be removed from the previous contest's gallery, so should I upload a second copy of the image? I don't see any other way but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something

Orki
15-01-2013, 11:21 PM
Forgive me if I missed this, but where would vehicles go? Large scale I guess, as even if they're 28mm scale, they would likely be over the 40mm height restriction, yarp?

And to what point do we measure to? 40mm to the eye, to the top of the head, to the top of any wavey arms, turrets and banners etc? :confused:

I can see the reasoning behind the current cat system, as many voters wouldn't know the difference between a 28mm mini and a 100mm unless they're familiar with it, and this will certainly affect perceived skill. I do however feel that as a consequence we will see a very strange mish-mash of entries (and lots too) spilling into the large cat, instead of it being specifically for large scale minis as such. I feel that the letter of the law might defeat the purpose here.

Sorry if this has been brought up already, but there's too many pages for me to read through to find specific answers right now (though i'm guessing that most of this thread is questions along the same lines :P). Feel free to ignore my musings, either way i'll play along of course. :)

Cheers guys!

Edit: I've just seen John's cars in the Large cat, so that answers that one for me. :)

Darklord
16-01-2013, 09:20 AM
Ok There seems to be some confusion with this contest. Shane set this up but he's relinquished the role so I will try to clarify certain points.

Scale
All entries are eligible for their genre if they are smaller than 54mm scale. Anything that is over 54mm scale must be entered into the Large Scale category.
The exception to this is Historical. You may enter anything genre eligible upto AND INCLUDING 54mm into this category. Anything ABOVE 54mm historical must be entered into the large scale category.

So:

Fantasy: any number of miniatures smaller than 54mm scale on a single display.
Sci-Fi: any number of miniatures smaller than 54mm scale on a single display.
Historical: any number of miniatures up to and including 54mm size on a single display.
Steampunk: any number of miniatures smaller than 54mm scale on a single display.
Large Scale: 54mm scale and bigger miniatures and busts regardless of genre. (Or above 54mm scale for Historicals)

Previous Contest Entries
Unfortunately folks I have to revoke this particular rule. It is really possible to implement this without it having a detrimental effect on previous contest galleries nor the main gallery itself. So if its already in one of our previous contests it cannot be entered into Wamped III.

I apologise for the confusion with this contest. I should have noticed the issues earlier and clarified things.

Demonn
16-01-2013, 09:33 AM
just one thing: if I want to enter a crew/army it needs to be on a display base?

Orki
16-01-2013, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the clarification, Brett. :)

I know there's been all sorts of upheavals and changes recently with the Wamp Crew, and so a big thank you for ironing this out. :)

Demonn - Nah, didn't you know? No display basing is required, but they do all need to be standing on one leg and facing the same direction while saluting a Wamp flag. :rolleyes:

Demonn
16-01-2013, 10:23 AM
Demonn - Nah, didn't you know? No display basing is required, but they do all need to be standing on one leg and facing the same direction while saluting a Wamp flag. :rolleyes:

this is contrary to what you're saying:

any number of miniatures smaller than 54mm scale on a single display.
it's no problem for me, but need to know whether to make a display or not, simple as that :smile:

Orki
16-01-2013, 10:31 AM
Dammit, there's always someone that actually reads these things, isn't there? :P

Darklord
16-01-2013, 11:02 AM
Display means one photo montage (so one entry) rather than a single base.

Demonn
16-01-2013, 11:15 AM
thank you :smile:

so we are back to one lag and saluting a Wamp flag? :canada:

Darklord
16-01-2013, 12:34 PM
thank you :smile:

so we are back to one lag and saluting a Wamp flag? :canada:

Not sure what prisoners and a canadian pac-man have to do with things

Sparks
16-01-2013, 04:55 PM
EDIT- after a long wordy post, turns out I'm the numpty that can't skim read properly, ignore this !

Or, to make it relevant- Planning on entering at least 3 models that people haven't seen finished yet :D

Normski
16-01-2013, 05:08 PM
Not sure what prisoners and a canadian pac-man have to do with things

LMAO dont ya just love typos and whit lol

SkelettetS
17-01-2013, 10:46 PM
must say, after submitting my second mini to the wamped3 contest (Elvis) that im happy to see sniping is not exclusive to cmon :D

(rather horrible photo, i know...)

Vern
17-01-2013, 10:54 PM
must say, after submitting my second mini to the wamped3 contest (Elvis) that im happy to see sniping is not exclusive to cmon :D

*Ouch* your not wrong there! (wasn't me, I don't, or accept, ratings)

Orki
17-01-2013, 11:16 PM

Don't matter where we go. If we post up something, then we might as well have big targets drawn on our heads. That's just the rules according to the voting circle-jerk, isn't it? :P

Gotta roll with it and chuckle, that someone would waste even *that* amount of time attempting to knock you down. :D

Best of luck to them. :)

*Orki's target just got a bit bigger* :D :D :D

marta
17-01-2013, 11:46 PM
If I'll be lucky I'll have an entry or two:)

But anyway good luck for all that are participating.

'eM

Darklord
18-01-2013, 01:52 PM

I gave it an 8, maybe better photo a 9 (I am kind of in-between the two) great job mate

Orki
18-01-2013, 03:42 PM
I'd give it a 2 coz Elvis sucks. hurr hurr. ;)

What? Isn't that how everyone votes? :P

NeatPete
18-01-2013, 04:02 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm88if0LNP1qkllywo1_400.jpg

Demonn
27-01-2013, 02:11 PM
another odd question from me :smile:

a mate and I have been doing a mini (link here (http://www.wampforum.com/VB4/showthread.php?t=14628)), can I (or she) enter the competition with our work?

It'll be done soon and I thought I'd enter it. We are doing it on behalf of our gaming club to sell it and raise some funds for our club (to get some scenery and whatnot)...
anyway, thanks in advance...

Darklord
28-01-2013, 01:20 PM
There's no specific rule against it so its ok with me as long as no one else has any objections.

Just 3 days left for entries folks get them int

NeatPete
28-01-2013, 04:18 PM
You'd think I knew this by now... Say I wanted to enter my RBG entries into WAMP.
1) Is that allowed?
2) How would I do it?
a) edit the image and change the contest field? But then does that take it out of RBG?
b) upload a seperate pic for the WAMPed gallery?

thanks

ScottRadom
29-01-2013, 01:19 AM
ditto Pete's question. My pic was just rejected when I tried to upload it seperately into the WAMPED III gallery.

kdlynch
29-01-2013, 02:19 AM
that would have been my fault... didn't know that was your goal, and it had a weird timestamp on it. thought it was the database throwing up duplicates, since that was already approved yesterday.

So, Darklord, how should we handle this? ^^ Is it possible to add a 2nd category drop down box for pics in the gallery?

Darklord
29-01-2013, 09:42 AM
Ok There seems to be some confusion with this contest. Shane set this up but he's relinquished the role so I will try to clarify certain points.

Scale
All entries are eligible for their genre if they are smaller than 54mm scale. Anything that is over 54mm scale must be entered into the Large Scale category.
The exception to this is Historical. You may enter anything genre eligible upto AND INCLUDING 54mm into this category. Anything ABOVE 54mm historical must be entered into the large scale category.

So:

Fantasy: any number of miniatures smaller than 54mm scale on a single display.
Sci-Fi: any number of miniatures smaller than 54mm scale on a single display.
Historical: any number of miniatures up to and including 54mm size on a single display.
Steampunk: any number of miniatures smaller than 54mm scale on a single display.
Large Scale: 54mm scale and bigger miniatures and busts regardless of genre. (Or above 54mm scale for Historicals)

Previous Contest Entries
Unfortunately folks I have to revoke this particular rule. It is really possible to implement this without it having a detrimental effect on previous contest galleries nor the main gallery itself. So if its already in one of our previous contests it cannot be entered into Wamped III.

I apologise for the confusion with this contest. I should have noticed the issues earlier and clarified things.

Already covered in here folks

NeatPete
29-01-2013, 03:56 PM
Got it thanks.

I assume things that were used in ladder challenges during the time of the contest are still ok though since they aren't in a "contest gallery"

Demonn
29-01-2013, 04:10 PM
it is. I asked that a bit earlier (and have acted accordingly :smile:)

NeatPete
29-01-2013, 04:15 PM
Shweeeet. Need to take some better pick of my archererererers.

Demonn
29-01-2013, 04:33 PM
you're going in Wamped III and not Wyrd 2013 with those?

NeatPete
29-01-2013, 05:16 PM
oh yeah... hrmmmm... I'd like to try and get an entry into each category for WAMPED so I'll see how everything else I'm working on shakes out and what fits where. I know I'll have tons of Wyrd entries, and there's more time for that ;)

Orki
29-01-2013, 05:57 PM
I'll be lucky to get anything in at this rate. :(

Commissions have to take priority of course, and things haven't exactly been peachy for me lately either, so personal projects are way behind. :(

waghorn41
31-01-2013, 07:19 PM
Only got two entries in for this but at least it makes up the entries to a nice round 70. Good luck everybody.

Normski
31-01-2013, 11:26 PM
there are some really good stuff in the comp!! best of luck everyone!!

Darklord
07-02-2013, 08:10 AM
11 hours left to get those entries in folks

Wendy
07-02-2013, 02:14 PM
I really do need to read how to do a montage. Really, I did paint the backs, and to the same standard as the front. :wink:

NeatPete
07-02-2013, 04:15 PM
Past couple days ruined my hopes of a couple different entries, but such is life. I was able to snap some bad shots and montage up a couple before work this morning. Woe is the life of a procrastinator!

Darklord
07-02-2013, 04:41 PM
Ok In the spirit of friendliness (which is what Wamp is all about) I'll extend the deadline until Monday 4pm (British Time) I wouldnt be able to even think about starting to sort voting until then anyway so you may as well benefit from a little extra time to either finish your entries or re upload better pics for them.

NeatPete
07-02-2013, 04:42 PM
:dance:dorklard:spiderman::amen:

Normski
07-02-2013, 11:01 PM
Legend!!!! nice one Brett!!

Undave
07-02-2013, 11:31 PM
It should be clarified that it's just the supporter deadline that's been extended not the normal one.

Brett gets to be magnanimous but I have much more fun being mean :insertevillaughhere

Darklord
12-02-2013, 07:59 PM
***DEADLINE HAS PASSED***

Thank you all for your entries. please make sure they are showing here:
http://www.wamp-forum.com/gallery/index.php?do=search&search=yes&photo_contest=10

If not go to edit photo in 'my pictures' and make sure the Wamped III option is chosen on the contest choice.

It will take me a good few days to get voting set up so please bear with me

Corvus
13-02-2013, 09:41 AM
Thank you and good luck to everyone!

Century
13-02-2013, 09:49 PM
Hmm, I noticed that the pictures in the voting threads, while the same size as the gallery pics, seem fuzzier/blurry. Anyone else getting the same thing?

Undave
13-02-2013, 10:35 PM
Unfortunately that's a limitation of having the pictures as attachments in the thread. It's the only way to get them to appear as thumbnails that you can enlarge. There were 40 entries in the fantasy category so having full size images wasn't an option and linking to each individual picture in the gallery was inconvenient as almost nobody goes through every single picture if that is the case. There is a note about this very issue underneath the rules section of each poll (which, like it says, most people don't read :rolleyes:)

phatkid1966
13-02-2013, 10:52 PM
I would like a bit more blur on my please sir! :ass:

Century
14-02-2013, 02:17 AM
There is a note about this very issue underneath the rules section of each poll (which, like it says, most people don't read :rolleyes:)

Well, that shows me. I should stop treating rules sections like stereo instructions (ignoring them completely).

Normski
14-02-2013, 10:38 AM
I always read the rules coz I always get sad that we cant vote for our own stuff coz its my only chance at a vote lmao!!
(joke)
I expect to win lmao!!!

Undave
15-02-2013, 01:13 PM
I don't think I've ever read the rules either. I just copied and pasted them from the Red Box Games competition and added the paragraph at the end :biggrin:

waghorn41
19-02-2013, 06:55 PM
Voted. Some great entries in there, I'll try and comment on each if time permits.

megazord_man
24-02-2013, 08:39 AM
We're into the last few hours of voting time - just 6 hours left for you to decide who wins.

Endor
24-02-2013, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the reminder - voted! Lots of good stuff. Good luck to all - my inability to take decent pics and the time it takes to make a montage led me to skip this one :/ Shame on me, I know.

Darklord
24-02-2013, 02:50 PM
Voting has now closed folks.
Results will be announced in the next few days.

Darklord
26-02-2013, 07:02 PM
Category winners have been revealed and Best in Show Voting now open via the link:

http://www.wampforum.com/VB4/showthread.php?t=15254&p=204767#post204767

Normski
26-02-2013, 10:16 PM
that was hard!! it took it down to 2 votes for best in show but made my choice!! should look great on the cover of Portal :rockon:

Darklord
18-06-2013, 09:50 AM
OK folks, I know it's been a long time coming but I have finally been able to manage the prize list. I must apologise for the long delay. I had to take over the contest details when Shane left and the information was missing in places as indeed some of the prizes seem to be but I have done the best I can under the circumstances. I shall begin contacting all the winners via PM so I can get your details.

Because of all the hassle that has been caused this years Wamped will be quite different and I shall be controlling it all personally!

Thanks for your patience

(I am in no way saying Shane made things go missing or did anything wrong, simply due to transitions these things can happen)

Normski
18-06-2013, 01:06 PM
Dont sweat it Brett we all know how much you have had going on in your life of late your doing a cracking job and Im sure the winners also understand this too!!

congrats again to the winners and hope you all enjoy your bounty!!:biggrin:

looking forward to getting into this years WAMP mate been stock piling some good stuff which I want to enter with!!:cool:

Darklord
18-06-2013, 01:21 PM
thanks man.

this years event will probably be a much simpler affair and will most likely be sponsored by the Wamp Store instead but will have no entry restrictions

Normski
18-06-2013, 11:46 PM
Your welcome mate!

keeping it simple is good for the work load and keeping it in house will always be cool as we all get on so well we should have a trash talk thread for WAMP IV like a community ladder challenge lol

there are some awesome minis and products in the store anyone winning will surely have a very cool prize no matter what!

keep my eyes open for this one Mate :biggrin:

Darklord
02-08-2013, 11:48 AM
I have FINALLY!! got all the prizes sorted. Some I have posted directly from me if I have them in my possession, most however is credit coming direct from the sponsoring companies. I have passed on all details to them so they should start contacting winners directly in due course.

Again I would like to Apologise for the immense delay in this. A number of factors contributed that were beyond my control.

In light of what happened though I am keen for it never to be repeated so Wamped IV will be much different in its format and organisation so I can keep track on things much easier.

(there will be a thread regarding this very soon)

Thanks for all your patience

Normski
02-08-2013, 11:11 PM
what did I win? lol nice work Brett!! winners will be chuffed :cool: