PDA

View Full Version : Pbz paints for profit.

Pbz
29-09-2012, 05:38 PM
Hi guys. I'm a long-time lurker around here but have decided it's time I joined the fun! I thought this challenge would be a good way to improve my painting, keep me motivated and (hopefully!) make a bit of money at the same time. I'm not a brilliant painter, by any stretch of the imagination, but I like to think that I'm painting to a high tabletop level atm and I'm always striving for improvement. So any critique or advice you have for me along the way would be greatly appreciated. I think everyone knows how this works now - I'll be starting with 5 and aiming for 500. Wish me luck!

I've bought two AOBR space-marine captains to start with (at 4.48). I'll definitely be doing one as an ultramarine and am still deciding about the other guy. Any suggestions would be great - I was thinking maybe dark angels, as I imagine they'll be quite popular now due to the dark vengeance boxset?

ScottRadom
29-09-2012, 05:47 PM
Welcome aboard! I think I'd skip the Dark Angels version as there'll be a TON of those on eBay. Maybe just pick a scheme you like and go from there. Good luck!

Darklord
05-10-2012, 05:18 PM
actually i would go Dark Angels on one as there will be plenty of folks started a DA army for the first time. Ultramarines are most popular so thats a good choice. At the end of the day at a few quid each its worth a punt.

Good luck!

Spectral Dragon
06-10-2012, 10:26 PM
Dark Angels, Ultramarines, Blood Angels, Templars (Codex coming soon I think) The first three are popular sellers, and templars is planning for the future.

Pbz
07-10-2012, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I probably will go with dark angels - partly because I very rarely use such a strong green and it's good to try new things. I was hoping to have made a start by now but have had a busy few days. I should get a couple of hours in this afternoon though so will try and get a W.I.P. shot up at some point.