PDA

View Full Version : The BaneLegions 2012

Darklord
08-06-2012, 04:55 PM

The Legions are coming, The Legions are coming!!

Yes folks those awesome chaps at Maelstrom games have once more unleashed their Banelegions and Banebeasts upon Wamp and man is it a strong showing this year!
Last years inaugural event was brilliant but this years takes things to a whole new level. not only have Maelstrom been releasing their creations at an ever increasing rate but they are giving us our biggest ever prize list for a Wamp Special.

So I am sure you are all eager to hear the details now your salivating at the thought of getting your hands on some miniature goodness.

The Contest:
The contest is open to and miniature from the Banelegions or Banebeast ranges. Your entries can be a single figure, diorama,unit, whatever you fancy as long as they are Maelstrom minis. You can even sculpt/convert your entry as long as its inherently a Maelstrom miniature (they even have their spanking new bitz service you can use!)

The deadline for entries will be 4pm Friday 24th August 2012

Supporters deadline will be 4pm Friday 31st August 2012

Judging:
This will be carried out by Maelstrom staff as well as their studio painters. The Maelstrom painters are top drawer so you really need to impress them!

The Rules:
(please read them, its amazing how many dont!!)
A few rules:

You must be a Wamp Member to participate. Membership is free and you may register here. (http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/register.php)
You may enter as many times as you like but each entry may only submit one photograph so if you need more angles it MUST be a montage.
Images must be no larger than 1000 pixels wide by 2500 pixels high. (It is your responsibility to check this).
any additional photographs of that entry will be removed.
All entries must be new work. (New work is defined as any entry not previously displayed on-line in a completed state (You MAY enter pieces which have been shown as a Work In Progress (WIP)).
You give Wamp and Maelstrom Games permission to use your pictures for publicity (but you do retain ownership).
You may post pictures of WIP or final shots both here and elsewhere.
Judging will be decided by Maelstrom Games.
Submissions must be posted to the contest gallery (http://www.wamp-forum.com/gallery) You must make sure you select the correct contest option in the contest select box either during upload (if using the basic uploader) or via edit pictures after upload
Prizes are awarded for your own personal use. They must not be sold on. Any winner found to be doing so will immediately forfeit any further prize due and will be banned from future Wamp contests. This rule is in place to protect Maelstrom Games own sales.
Maelstrom games commision painters are free to enter the contest but must do so with their own personal work. Miniatures commissioned by Maelstrom are not eligible

Prizes:

The bit you have all been waiting for! Here we go:

1st Prize:

One of EVERY new release for 1 YEAR!! This includes Banelegions AND Banebeasts! Yes thats right, EVERY miniature Maelstrom Games releases from the prize awarded until 12 MONTHS LATER!! Thats ALL THE MONSTERS, ALL THE TROOPERS AND ALL THE SINGLE FIGURES!!!! (Based upon the previous 12 months release schedule thats over 1,000 in miniatures!!) Maelstrom release at least 1 miniature per month and often 3 or 4!
The winning entry will also feature on the cover of Portal Magazine

2nd Prize:

Your choice of 1 miniature from that months new releases - FOR A YEAR! (so every month for a year you can pick one of their new releases from that month.

3rd Prize:

Your choice of ANY miniature in the Banebeast or Banelegion ranges (released at time of judging) Worth up to 99.99

and as if that wasn't enough!!!.........

Spot Prizes

There will be 10 x 10 Banelegions/Banebeast (redeemable against either range) Vouchers awarded to entries that well frankly, Maelstrom think are cool!! These might be for entries that just missed out on one of the main prizes, maybe for the best paintjob on a certain mini or maybe just a clever conversion, it could be anything that catches the judges eye!

WAMP2012

All entries are also eligible for any prizes for Best Banelegion or Banebeast at WAMP2012 so you are free to enter the same piece both in this contest and at WAMP2012. This event will be held at Maelstrom games, Mansfield on Saturday 11th August 2012. See the WAMP2012 (http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/forumdisplay.php?f=171)thread for more details

Phew!! Now how awesome is that? around 2,500 in prizes up for grabs! Our biggest ever prize pool for a Monthly special. If you have never experienced one of the Banelegions or Banebeasts before you really should. they are some of the finest sculpted and cast miniatures available. They are a joy to paint and this is a great excuse to paint one up.

You can find their full range here:

Maelstrom games (http://www.maelstromgames.co.uk/)

they even have a new bitz service for easily converting if you fancy it.

This really is an awesome contest and I hope you guys have a go at it, theres some stunning prizes up for grabs, showing once more if you want a painting contest Wamp is THE place to find the best ones!!

Good Luck!

Sparks
08-06-2012, 05:15 PM
I'm in. Definitely! Love the range, that's an incredible first prize! Tempted to enter a selection of models to be honest!

Orki
08-06-2012, 05:18 PM
Woah!!

This is gonna be a huuuuge competition! I expect loads of entries from all sorts of amazing international painters in this one.

Well done for sorting this out, Brett. And a big thanks to Maelstrom for the sponsorship of course.

I'm gonna start scheming something badass, asap! :D

MaGie
08-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Holy cow! What an amazing array of prices!
This will be a very popular contest, and not only because of the prizes, but the BaneLegion range is quite incredible!

Darklord
08-06-2012, 05:24 PM
Good isnt it!! To be honest I am even tempted to enter myself!! been about 2 years since I last entered a contest

Sparks
08-06-2012, 05:27 PM
Random question- last year, the prize was the same for those that entered in the Wamp 2011 event, I take it they're not offering such an amazing price twice?

Darklord
08-06-2012, 05:35 PM
Random question- last year, the prize was the same for those that entered in the Wamp 2011 event, I take it they're not offering such an amazing price twice?

No the WAMP2012 element will be a trophy and 50 Store credit. Those are awarded in addition to any prizes won in the online element

ArkMechanicus
08-06-2012, 05:48 PM
Wow! I was browsing their site the other night, this is certainly an incentive to paint one!

Darklord
08-06-2012, 05:52 PM
Wow! I was browsing their site the other night, this is certainly an incentive to paint one!

worth it mate, fun to paint and fantastic quality

pae
08-06-2012, 06:07 PM
Wow....nice prizes! I'm definitely going to shoot for this one. Maybe have more than one entry.

ArkMechanicus
08-06-2012, 06:21 PM

Are they? The reason I didn't order at the time was in a couple of photos the casting quality didn't look very good, though I've only heard good things on that front from them..

Darklord
08-06-2012, 06:30 PM
yeah excellent, I have reviewed two of their pieces (and painted one) and found the standard high. I think now they are all cast in house too so they can keep an even closer eye on the QA

Both my experiences were with the Banebeasts but I can't see why the Banelegions would be any different. They spend a lot of money getting them to production

ArkMechanicus
08-06-2012, 07:31 PM
I now have a little something on order from them. :)

Sparks
08-06-2012, 07:42 PM
A little something or a big something? ;)

GiraffeX
08-06-2012, 07:43 PM
Hi

Just wanted to make you aware of a typo in the comp rules as below, should be Maelstrom Games :smile:. Looking forward to this one might have time to take part.

Mealstrom games commision painters are free to enter the contest but must do so with their own personal work. Miniatures commissioned by Maelstrom are not eligible

Captain Sprout
08-06-2012, 10:09 PM
Blimey those are some prizes! Nice one DL.

Captain Sprout
08-06-2012, 10:10 PM

Second that, the casting quality is excellent.

ScottRadom
08-06-2012, 11:15 PM
Wow... just... wow.

Orki
09-06-2012, 03:40 AM
Wow... just... wow.

This sums it up perfectly. I had to come back to this thread to make sure I wasn't imagining it!

I'm a little confused by the Maelstrom painter's rules though. I'm guessing that even though their own painters can enter, the ones doing so wont be judging it?

I really don't fancy anyone's chances if going up against Mr Komets for example... especially if he's judging too. :P

Darklord
09-06-2012, 07:20 AM
Anyone entering wont be doing the judging!

Vern
09-06-2012, 09:52 AM
Quite a haul! Looking forward to seeing the entries already :cool:

Ulfgrimr
09-06-2012, 10:49 AM
Should produce some awesome pieces, well done DL & Maelstrom.

Orki
09-06-2012, 12:43 PM
Aaarghhhh! My poor orky brain is going round in circles wiv da plan for this one...

There's so many cool minis to choose from, but I find the Maelstrom site quite clunky to use, so this could take a lot of sifting to find the right minis for da plan.

Sister_Lucy
09-06-2012, 04:23 PM
Also for the Non-UK peeps I just found a coupon on Dakka for 20% off.
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/454474.page

Hi there,

Here at Maelstrom Games (www.maelstromgames.co.uk (http://www.maelstromgames.co.uk/)) we've missed our Australian, Canadian, New Zealand, American and other rest of the world customers since Games Workshop restricted our sales of their products to the EU only; but Maelstrom Games haven't forgotten about you all, and we'd like to remind you that it's not as small a world as all that and that we don't just sell Games Workshop products. There's a whole industry of wargaming that isn't Warhammer, or 40K, nor indeed should you just buy Citadel paints: and thus, we've decided to offer you 20% off the UK recommended retail price for pretty much everything on our website (apart from GW, of course) from now until the 18th of June! How awesome is that!

YOUR 20% SMALL WORLD VOUCHER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your 20% off UK RRP discount voucher ends on Monday the 18th of June at midnight (GMT), and you really do have some superb miniatures to spend your hard-earned on!

The voucher will work on all the items within our webstore, but:

- not on any Flames of War items
- not on any Gale Force Nine items
- not on any Kingdom Death items
- not on any Studio McVey items
- not on any Too Fat Lardies items
- not on any Games Workshop items
- and additionally, not on anything within our eBay store.

IMPORTANT: You must note, too, that this voucher will ONLY work for those customers with DELIVERY addresses within AUSTRALIA, CANADA, JAPAN, NEW ZEALAND, SINGAPORE, THAILAND and the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

The voucher will work on pre-orders and, crucially, you'll still earn Moneyback - although tiered discounts are disabled when using a voucher of course.

Your voucher code is: SMALL-WORLD

To use this voucher simply register on the webstore, www.maelstromgames.co.uk (if you haven't already), copy and paste the code into the Voucher field in your basket when you have selected the items you want, press 'REDEEM', and the webstore will do the rest. You are not limited to one purchase and, indeed, we would ask you to recommend us to your friends with this voucher!

Remember though that this voucher is intended for the webstore only - it does not apply to any of our auctions or shop inventory items on eBay.

Happy Ordering!

Orki
09-06-2012, 04:31 PM
Wern't they also running a different discount code for UK too at the mo? I should really check my emails as I'm sure I saw something in there...

Orki
09-06-2012, 06:42 PM
Can anyone point me towards any Banelords/beast that have loads of nice smooth bits on them? I find the Maelstrom site to be really clunky to preview minis. The thumbnails are pretty useless really and i've been scouring for ages but seem to be getting nowhere as there are loads of them to flick through, and they are mostly pretty rough minis (texture, not sculpt quality that is!). :P

Any help would be much appreciated, especially if you know of a stockist that has a more functional shopping experience with nice thumbnails/listings and what not. Cheers! :)

Captain Sprout
09-06-2012, 07:22 PM
There are much better shots of the resin models on the blog than in store.

http://banelegions.maelstromgames.co.uk/

Captain Sprout
09-06-2012, 07:25 PM
And I know this one is older but she is smoother and I think you'd do a cracking paint job.

http://banelegions.maelstromgames.co.uk/wp-content/gallery/new-scale-shots/bnb-010-euryalia-p-p-s-w-p-01.jpg

Orki
09-06-2012, 07:47 PM
Thanks Cap'n. The blog helped loads... as I found that CMON stock many of them, and has a better product selection page. I'll of course be ordering from Maelstrom still though, but at least I can browse a bit better on CMON.

I've always kinda liked that one actually too. I'm not sure if she will fit into my grand scheme, but it's early days and things may change yet. :)

breadhead.
09-06-2012, 09:54 PM
There isn't actually a great deal of BaneLegions stuff in stock according to the website Anybody have any idea on how long it will take to come in from the supplier or if a restock is due?

Darklord
09-06-2012, 10:00 PM
There isn't actually a great deal of BaneLegions stuff in stock according to the website Anybody have any idea on how long it will take to come in from the supplier or if a restock is due?

they cast it in house now I believe so shouldnt be an issue, pm Bananaman here (or he may reply anyway)

ScottRadom
09-06-2012, 11:25 PM
I put my order in today too.

Spectral Dragon
10-06-2012, 04:04 AM
End of august?

I'll try for this, with the prizes being what they are though competition is going to be fierce!

bananaman
10-06-2012, 10:47 AM
Yeah, there's some stuff out of stock now - We started selling to retailers a month or so before Salute and after (a very successful) Salute the USA (and Germany plus a few in Spain, France etc so check them out also) went a bit mad for the range as we had several retailers and 3 distributors pick it up all in the space of a couple of weeks (and make multiple orders) - basically the stock we built up has taken a battering but every trade order has been fulfilled as of last week and this coming week will see us build up our own stock again. Don't worry if something shows as 0 stock on our site as during busy periods we will cast enough to fulfil back orders and stick one or two in stock so we can cast more of other stuff we need for orders. (and then return to the line later and fill the stock levels up)

Basically, now we cast in-house we have far more control over our own stock than we ever have. There's been a short delay over the past month but we're set to fulfill all back orders this week and add to stock levels.

Orki
10-06-2012, 03:57 PM
Excellent stuff, thanks! :)

Can I ask if there are any UK promotions running at the mo, or are there any coming up soon? I was sure I had a discount code in one of your recent email updates but I can't seem to find any now. :confused:

Darklord
11-06-2012, 03:56 PM
I mentioned in the beginning this was the biggest Wamp special contest prize pool we had ever had, well its not quite true, its the biggest of any of the contests we have run, its even bigger in prizes than the mighty Little Angels Contest!

bananaman
11-06-2012, 05:55 PM
@ orki there's no UK promos running at the mo. I think one just finished a couple of weeks ago.

Orki
11-06-2012, 06:24 PM
That'll probably be it then. Ok cool, cheers mate. :)

Darklord
11-06-2012, 06:49 PM
That'll probably be it then. Ok cool, cheers mate. :)

They are starting one on the 30th August mate - that should leave you plenty of time :02:

(Just to clarify Maelstrom are not really starting an offer then. Well they may be I don't know butif they are its just coincidence or they think its a good idea I hade (and probably want to shower me with gifts for it or maybe Tim just wants to mess with Orki's head which is very delicate and is actually crafted from a composite of Butter Scoth Angel Delight, three beaver tails and a pumpkin found in Tesco's reduced isle)

Orki
11-06-2012, 07:33 PM
Yeah, that's plenty of time!

And you'd be amazed at what the Mad Dok can find uses for... ;)

parvusmachina
11-06-2012, 07:46 PM
FANTASTIC work on this one DL. You keep raising the bar higher and higher for these contest sponsors, they are going to be competing themselves to see who can sponsor the coolest/biggest/awesomest contest on WAMP!

NeatPete
11-06-2012, 10:38 PM
Holy bejesus. I go away for my bachelor party weekend and come back to this? I should go get wasted and bruised up more often. Nice work!

Orki
11-06-2012, 10:42 PM
FANTASTIC work on this one DL. You keep raising the bar higher and higher for these contest sponsors, they are going to be competing themselves to see who can sponsor the coolest/biggest/awesomest contest on WAMP!

Yup, PP coming up, so that leaves Wyrd followed by GW. :D

Sparks
12-06-2012, 12:06 AM
Let's not forget the mighty Orki minis!:cheeky:

Darklord
12-06-2012, 12:30 AM
Yup, PP coming up, so that leaves Wyrd followed by GW. :D
Actually our very first contest was wyrd but haven't enticed them back!!

Orki
12-06-2012, 03:06 AM
Let's not forget the mighty Orki minis!:cheeky:

heheh Shaddup you! :D

On a slightly more feasible note, I think i'm gonna have to scrap my insane plans for this and concentrate on a more focused entry. The model cost was getting a bit silly once I figured out what I wanted form the range. :P

Shades
12-06-2012, 03:23 AM
The prize support for this is awesome. I can't turn it down.

Vermin Lord proxy, it looks like you and I have a date.

Sparks
12-06-2012, 08:36 PM
It's easy to get carried away with massive dioramas featuring huuge beasties and little people running around them isn't it! I just realised I have way more work in the next fortnight than I thought I had, so will have to get cracking on this at the end of the month.

Orki
13-06-2012, 11:16 AM
LOL yeah, exactly. I suspect that thought run through the minds of every single entrant before a bit of restraint set in. I'm pretty sure we'll see a few entries of the sort though. ;)

Spectral Dragon
13-06-2012, 02:16 PM
Wish I could do one like that myself, but I don't have the materials or know-how for that. I am just going to pick one of those 60mm lords and see what I can do with him, probably the snake man with the wicked looking blade, shading and highlighting each individual scale.

Darklord
13-06-2012, 03:58 PM
Vilthiss the snake dude is my planned entry (if I actually get chance to enter) very nice model

Orki
13-06-2012, 05:14 PM
Got my basket filled, and just waiting to see what bits Sparks wanted before I click the button. :)

I'm really looking forward to this project now. It's been ages since I had an excuse to do something like this!

pae
13-06-2012, 06:52 PM
LOL yeah, exactly. I suspect that thought run through the minds of every single entrant before a bit of restraint set in. I'm pretty sure we'll see a few entries of the sort though. ;)

Dioramas never enter my thought process. :-p

Orki
13-06-2012, 07:05 PM
Dioramas always enter mine!

They tend to stay there too... until the cost is factored in. :D

Captain Sprout
13-06-2012, 11:09 PM
I tend to stay entirely there until reality sets in :smile:

There should be some great things in this and as I keep buying their stuff I need to at least undercoat something!

Orki
14-06-2012, 01:37 AM
Come on Sprouts! This would be a great chance for you to paint something up. :)

Your Figmentia needs a release at some point soon surely? I prescribe a course of mild finger stretches, followed by an hour of painting per week. Before long you'll have descended into a cackling, gibbering, hobby-obsessed mess... just like the majority of the rest of us. :D

Captain Sprout
20-06-2012, 11:21 PM
I can do cackling mess!

I remembered you were looking for a code Orki and Maelstrom just sent one out

Wowser! It's summer here at Maelstrom Games (www.maelstromgames.co.uk) and for no other reason than that we're giving you all 16% off the UK recommended retail price for pretty much everything on our website from now until the 2nd of July!

YOUR 16% SUMMER 2012 VOUCHER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your 16% off UK RRP discount voucher ends on Monday the 2nd of July at midnight (GMT), and you really do have some superb miniatures to spend your hard-earned on - including some of the superb new stuff we've brought in!

It's a great chance to grab yourself all those lovely new ranges we've brought in over the past couple of years - including our latest ranges, Red Box Games, Titan-Forge and Legacy Miniatures' Confrontation - since our expansion as well as all your old favourites! It will work on all the items within our webstore, but:

- not on any Ax Faction items
- not on any Flames of War items
- not on any Gale Force Nine items
- not on any Infamy Miniatures items
- not on any Kingdom Death items
- not on any Studio McVey items
- not on any Too Fat Lardies items
- and additionally, not on anything within our eBay store.

The voucher will work on pre-orders and, crucially, you'll still earn Moneyback - although tiered discounts are disabled when using a voucher of course.

Your voucher code is: SUMMER-2012

Corvus
21-06-2012, 01:09 PM
count me in :)

Orki
21-06-2012, 05:31 PM
I can do cackling mess!

I remembered you were looking for a code Orki and Maelstrom just sent one out

Bloody typical!

Thanks CS, though i've just placed the order and it has now arrived. :rolleyes: It would've saved me a good few quid too, as it wasn't a small order.

More than that though, the order was sent out by the cheapest 2nd class shipping (I ticked the 1st class recorded option), the order was picked wrong, and the box was insufficiently packed out too, resulting in damage. :mad:

I also found what looks like a pet whisker (meh), and what appears to be an old person's short'n'curlies (ewww) in there.

I think a stern but polite email is in order. :P

Darklord
21-06-2012, 05:58 PM
count me in :)

Good lad!

Spectral Dragon
21-06-2012, 07:18 PM
Vilthiss the snake dude is my planned entry (if I actually get chance to enter) very nice model

Crap, that might make me re-think my entry. Was going to order him today too. Oh well, nearly every model in this range is excellent. Might do the dragon.

Darklord
21-06-2012, 07:26 PM
no need mate, I am sure we can both do something nice and different from each other

ScottRadom
21-06-2012, 10:37 PM
I'm doing the Snake dude too! High fives every one!

NeatPete
21-06-2012, 11:21 PM
Pete wishes he had the cool snake dude.

Orki
21-06-2012, 11:31 PM
Orki has no cool snake dude, but the other cool dudes he ordered for his entry more than make up for it. :) (and thankfully they weren't damaged in transit either!)

Lets geddit awwwn!

Darklord
21-06-2012, 11:36 PM
I'm doing the Snake dude too! High fives every one!

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/30600000/slytherin-pride-slytherin-30629813-600-700.jpg

Chameleon
21-06-2012, 11:42 PM
Nice work on getting a fab competition DL!!! I think I'm going to have to give this one a miss due to really needing to spend time painting for the golden demon (you know I can only manage about 4 minis a year!).

Good luck to all who enter though! I look forward to looking through all the amazing entries!

Sparks
22-06-2012, 12:12 AM
Orki- fairly sure those bits weren't on my list! ;)

Orki
22-06-2012, 12:22 AM
lol

Your bitz-baggie seems to have survived too btw mate. :)

Sparks
22-06-2012, 12:35 AM
Then let battle commence!

Orki
22-06-2012, 02:32 AM
Yer goin daahn! :ass:

Oh btw, i've changed my mind. I will be keeping your bitz for myself. :tongue:

Muwahahahaaaah!!

Sparks
22-06-2012, 08:17 AM
You've paid for em I suppose! After waving your monkey at me, I can only presume you are throwing down the gauntlet for a ladder challenge! One caveat. You take photos of my model and vice versa :funny:

Darklord
22-06-2012, 10:38 AM
Nice work on getting a fab competition DL!!! I think I'm going to have to give this one a miss due to really needing to spend time painting for the golden demon (you know I can only manage about 4 minis a year!).

Good luck to all who enter though! I look forward to looking through all the amazing entries!

So first you ditch our stay over together now this - you disappoint me Sue, you disappoint me.

Spectral Dragon
22-06-2012, 02:23 PM
http://www.maelstromgames.co.uk/index.php?act=pro&pre=mae_blg_bnb_mon_023_000

Going to do this Wyvern Instead! Was a toss up anyway and I need to replace some of the dragons I lost during my move.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-wO0eJjA6Qg8/T05Ft78E_6I/AAAAAAAAH9M/vFLzmqrZPZQ/s1600/bnb-023-typhaggahw-m-u-s-s-w-p-01.jpg

Darklord
22-06-2012, 03:35 PM
that Wyvern is crying out for this:

Orki
22-06-2012, 04:32 PM
You've paid for em I suppose! After waving your monkey at me, I can only presume you are throwing down the gauntlet for a ladder challenge! One caveat. You take photos of my model and vice versa :funny:

Well, luckily for you i've changed my mind. I don't want your steenkin' bitz now. :P

...and I ain't got time for a ladder challenge really. It will give more than enough pleasure to wrench your Maelstrom crown from your head after i've kerb-stomped your silly toy soldiers into leedle peices. :biggrin:

On an entirely different note however, that Wyvern (Gwyffern or whatever its called) is such a cool mini, ain't it?

Spectral Dragon
22-06-2012, 05:14 PM
That he is. He is also 80 something USD, so will be waiting a few weeks.

I have plans for him though, good plans that I think will upset the current balance :belial:

Orki
22-06-2012, 07:14 PM
You call that fightin' talk? Come on now, you can do better then that!

Something like.... Yo mama could could paint better minis with just some lipstick and a greasy spatula!

:cheeky:

Captain Sprout
22-06-2012, 07:51 PM
Frankly I shall ownz yu wiv my 7337 undercoating skillz.

Orki
22-06-2012, 08:16 PM
I'm so 7337 I spell it leet. :P

Captain Sprout
22-06-2012, 08:30 PM
This may be true but I actually have seven thousand, three hundred and thirty seven undercoating skills.

:jiggy:

Darklord
22-06-2012, 09:39 PM
This may be true but I actually have seven thousand, three hundred and thirty seven undercoating skills.

:jiggy:

which is exactly 1/10th the number of minis you bought last week

Orki
22-06-2012, 10:10 PM
All your minis are belong to Sprouts.

Chameleon
22-06-2012, 10:18 PM
So first you ditch our stay over together now this - you disappoint me Sue, you disappoint me.

Boohoo, I'm sorry - forgive me? http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/sad/crying-smiley-face.gif

I can't help it if you made WAMP clash with Germany. Anyway, it'll make our next stay over all the more special :tongue:

Darklord
22-06-2012, 11:11 PM
Anyway, it'll make our next stay over all the more special :tongue:

:ass:

Captain Sprout
22-06-2012, 11:31 PM
All your minis are belong to Sprouts.

It is the world's minis and they are mine. Mine I tell you!

Spectral Dragon
06-07-2012, 07:19 AM
which is exactly 1/10th the number of minis you bought last week

My Wyvern will claims it for his hoard. He will sit on it in a cave.....somewhere.... don't want to say where, stupid metal dudes come and wake him up from sleepy time.

Corvus
06-07-2012, 08:17 AM
I'm still waiting for my order to be processed :( more than 2 weeks now

bananaman
06-07-2012, 12:00 PM
If it's a Shaaroc or Euryalia we're on the case (only minis with a wait of two weeks) - Euryalia is just insanely popular at the mo with our own customers and retailers alike (caused a Q) and Shaaroc has had a mould re-cut - both lines will go into positive stock today.

As a little snippet for you all today sulpts from JAG, Allan C (3 sculpts from Allan!) and Benoit Cosse will be on the way to us - They should arrive Monday which will be a belting start to the week for us! (might be a while till they see public viewing, but something to look forward too!)

Darklord
06-07-2012, 02:14 PM
you guys are machines!!

Can I ask about the release schedule, its full every month -is it a case of you have a set amount to get out by a certain time or just there's a ton of ideas and they come out whenever?

Was speaking to Mr Komets yesterday - he's tempted to enter if he can find time

bananaman
06-07-2012, 02:22 PM
We have a full release schedule for the next 12 months all planned and ready :-D Full units are starting to appear now and we're fleshing out some older minis (minos, trolls) into full units also (was always the plan, just takes time).

Aye, I know Ben has an idea or two up his sleeve, I believe Stephane/Xur may well be entering as I arranged for a couple of big guys to arrive at his home recently ;-)

Darklord
06-07-2012, 02:34 PM
Aye, I know Ben has an idea or two up his sleeve, I believe Stephane/Xur may well be entering as I arranged for a couple of big guys to arrive at his home recently ;-)

Getting really excited about this - should be a cracker

Spectral Dragon
07-07-2012, 12:12 AM
Big winged beastie incoming! (along with a few army painter warpaint I have been meaning to try out. Odd how I can't order GW stuff from Maelstrom though, oh well.)

Sparks
07-07-2012, 12:14 AM
Rolling up the painting sleeves for this. Some serious contenders involved, eep! Base is half done, loads of bits are test painted. Might even have time for two by the end of August :D

XUR
07-07-2012, 01:05 AM
@bananaman : so it is you, friend :)
Being one of your sculptors, I hesitated to enter the contest , but since I am so explicitly invited :)
Good job we have until the end of August, for I am totally overworked right now !!

@DL : I usually loathe monkeys, but I must admit the ones you use are pretty cute ...
Did you know there were 4 whole pages of them ?
http://www.addemoticons.com/emoticon/monkey/index.html

Spectral Dragon
07-07-2012, 06:20 AM
Being one of your sculptors,
I didn't know that.

Darklord
07-07-2012, 08:46 AM
I didn't know that.

Wamp has sleeper agents everywhere,EVERYWHERE!

Spectral Dragon
08-07-2012, 01:39 AM
Wamp has sleeper agents everywhere,EVERYWHERE!

Yeah I already knew that :P

Halestorm
09-07-2012, 01:28 PM
Ill be entering this one as well, ill have a WIP thread up in a couple of minutes :)

Iain.

Darklord
09-07-2012, 01:34 PM
Ill be entering this one as well, ill have a WIP thread up in a couple of minutes :)

Iain.

Nice to have you back among the flock Iain

Orki
13-07-2012, 11:33 AM
Wait a minute... so one of the most talented and highly regarded painters in the entire universe ever ever ever, who also happens to be an employee of the company sponsoring the comp has one or two ideas for entries up his sleeve?

Conflict of interests much? :P

I'l just cross my fingers and hope that the people judging it are jealous of Ben's dashingly handsome looks, amazing conversational prowess, and world-leading painting skills, and have decided this is a good opportunity for rather loud and public "Ner nerrr ner ner nerrr." :D

It's ok though, I like starting with a good high bar. I always find the journey for us aspiring painters is much more rewarding when motivated by such an insanely high benchmark.

So, in the spirit of the competition... if you're reading this, Ben - Yer goin' daahn! ('cos somebody here had to grow a pair and say it to him. :P)

Iain - Good to see you on board mate!

Darklord
13-07-2012, 11:39 AM
Go Orki, Go Orki!

Orki
13-07-2012, 12:01 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-bcZ0Z62peRw/TqcchyRU4NI/AAAAAAAAAGw/7Gak6ekcsiU/s1600/get+some+nuts2.jpg

Spectral Dragon
17-07-2012, 12:13 AM
Awww nuts orki.

Was worried I wasn't going to get the beastie in on time, but he's here, and far more model than I was expecting even though I had figured out what 60mm looked like lol. He will be fun to paint. Will do a review up on him too.

Corvus
17-07-2012, 08:48 AM
Status of my order finally changed to "packing" after customer support removed some items which were out of stock apparently. Looks like my entry is going to be a speed painted one since I will be on holiday for 3 weeks in August :(

Darklord
17-07-2012, 10:15 AM
you can do it mate, deadlines help motivate, think of it like an Iron painter round

Corvus
17-07-2012, 10:17 AM
That's why I didn't compete in Iron Painter: the deadlines :D

Darklord
17-07-2012, 10:36 AM
well in that case this is nothing like Iron Painter :lol:

Spectral Dragon
24-07-2012, 07:21 PM
Little more than a month to go and all I have done is a bit of basing, putting him together, and priming him.

Boy I hope I get him done in time.....

Corvus
31-07-2012, 12:00 PM
check out my progress in the my wip thread: http://www.wampforum.com/VB4/showthread.php?t=3867&page=4&p=185358#post185358

Halestorm
14-08-2012, 12:08 PM
Hey guys,

I entered my Banelegions piece in WAMP2012, with the feed back i received i would like to 'improve it' is this ok to do?

I could not see anything in the rules that would not allow me to.

Iain.

Sparks
14-08-2012, 12:35 PM
Iain- as you haven't put up a final pic of him online, there's nothing stopping you at all. In fact, I think it says somewhere that entries entered into WAMP2012 are valid for the online comp.

On a related note, my model was put up in the WAMP 2012 photos thread- I'm hoping that doesn't count me out as I personally haven't posted a finished picture of it online! Secondly, massive thanks to Orki for the bits. They arrived at the weekend, so I now need to replace the hanging head on it anyway, making it unfinished once again!

shanerozzell
14-08-2012, 12:58 PM
Nah you're both safe I think :)

bananaman
17-08-2012, 10:55 AM
Just one week left - or two if you're fully WAMPed up!

Looking forward to seeing the entries for this one - there's some good 'uns already!

Darklord
17-08-2012, 11:30 AM
entries that were put into WAMP2012 are perfectly fine, even if they were photographed.

precinctomega
23-08-2012, 04:15 PM
So, I finally uploaded my entry for this: my glorious return to WAMP.

It isn't, actually, quite finished. But the TCR I ordered hasn't arrived in time for me to meet the deadline. Still, having looked at the entries, I nearly didn't bother... That's what I love about WAMP. No matter how good I get, you guys keep me humble! :wink:

R.

Darklord
23-08-2012, 04:29 PM
good to have you back mate

Darklord
23-08-2012, 06:01 PM
less than 24 hours to get your entries in folks. Supporters you have 8 days left.

If your not a supporter you can still subscribe and gain yourself an extra week on the deadline

Sparks
23-08-2012, 06:02 PM
Still trying to sort out a photo. Will get an entry entered in the next half hour though as I'm bored of fiddling with photo editing software!

Darklord
23-08-2012, 06:06 PM
just looked at the entries - some crackers in there.

Just go the big assed blade on mine to do, been putting it off!

Sparks
23-08-2012, 06:15 PM
Good work mate, didn't think you were going to get around to entering this one! Good luck with getting it finished. Just waiting for approval on mine now.

Darklord
23-08-2012, 06:18 PM
will be myfirst mini painted in 9 months. its not a serious contender but I needed to get painting again, still not got the mojo back but it'll come. The blade will be an interesting colour so god knows if it'll work!
considering I havent painted for ages and this is stop start to say the least hes certainly passable

Sparks
23-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Just good to hear you're back on the painting wagon bud. Look forward to more exciting stuff! (and it never hurts to experiment with random colours, you'll always learn something!)

Darklord
23-08-2012, 06:24 PM
not so much the colour, more the amount of NMM to go on that sucker and try and keep smooth!!

p1per
23-08-2012, 07:21 PM
Damn some really nice entries there already. I'll have my second one also rdy before the deadline! :cool:

only 8 days left gotta go paint!

mclimbin
24-08-2012, 08:10 AM
I just submitted my entry--with the figure that I bought last year with the intention of entering it, well, last year. Luckily, you gents decided to have another contest this year, so instead of being a year late, I just bought it a year early!
By the way, how can I tell if the submission has gone through? Does a mod need to verify it or something? I submitted it but I can't see it anywhere. Sorry, as you can see I'm a noob at submitting here. :smile:

Halestorm
24-08-2012, 09:03 AM
Submitted my entry last night,

Good luck to everyone entering, cant wait for the results :)

Iain.

phatkid1966
24-08-2012, 09:12 AM
Ulric is popular in this comp. very nice entries already posted. Gonna be hard to vote this one - geez u guys are so talented!! Good luck all :)

Sparks
24-08-2012, 11:16 AM
Phatkid- you don't have to, it's done by the Maelstrom guys I believe!

Darklord
24-08-2012, 03:33 PM
90 minutes folks get them in

Darklord
24-08-2012, 05:17 PM
***DEADLINE HAS PASSED***

Thank you to every one that has entered so far.

Supporters you have 1 week left to get your entries in. If you are a non supporter you my subscribe and grab yourself an extra 7 days to paint

XUR
24-08-2012, 05:22 PM
I frakked up a bit during my last minute uploading ... (as usual -XD-)
please take mine into account :)

Darklord
24-08-2012, 05:25 PM
I frakked up a bit during my last minute uploading ... (as usual -XD-)
please take mine into account :)

no worries mate as youlet me know. is it in correctly?

XUR
24-08-2012, 05:32 PM
Ah ... oddly, the data I entered the first time were not saved when I closed the page.
That should be fixed now.

shanerozzell
24-08-2012, 05:34 PM
no worries mate as youlet me know. is it in correctly?

I just approved it and for some reason it's in the gallery twice :confused:

@ XUR - That's a bit good that mate, lovely painting!

XUR
24-08-2012, 05:47 PM
Thanks Shane :)
Tim from Maelstrom has been asking for pics of our painted minis since we started our collaboration.
Hope he'll be pleased too.

>I just approved it and for some reason it's in the gallery twice :confused:

A result of my mishmash, no doubt -XD-

bananaman
24-08-2012, 05:47 PM
Some good entries, thanks for entering everybody!

So, a week for the Wamp supporters (or new supporters if you missed the deadline) to get entries in, then we can get our judging heads together and give away some prizes! :D

BTW, did this guy miss out? A recent submission to the gallery but may have made an error submitting? http://www.wamp-forum.com/gallery/index.php?do=rate&id=1628 Shame for him to miss out! :D

Darklord
24-08-2012, 05:50 PM
BTW, did this guy miss out? A recent submission to the gallery but may have made an error submitting? http://www.wamp-forum.com/gallery/index.php?do=rate&id=1628 Shame for him to miss out! :D

Not sure mate,

if anyones entered then check the Banelegions contest link - if its not showing there go to edit photo and make sure you have selected Banelegions 2012 in the contest choice

precinctomega
27-08-2012, 03:08 PM
I'm confused. I submitted my entry, and marked it for the Banelegions 2012 competition, but it hasn't appeared in the competition gallery. Did I miss something? You've moved things around since I was last here.

R.

shanerozzell
27-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Deadline passed on Friday mate for registered users. Subscribers get until 31st.

Darklord
30-08-2012, 12:58 PM
I'm confused. I submitted my entry, and marked it for the Banelegions 2012 competition, but it hasn't appeared in the competition gallery. Did I miss something? You've moved things around since I was last here.

R.

it didnt have the contest selected for some reason - sorted it for you though bud

Darklord
30-08-2012, 05:56 PM
Due to my itinery tomorrow I am going to extend the deadline until 12noon on Monday giving you all a little longer to finish your entries.

This is in no way related to my own entry not being finished!

Darklord
31-08-2012, 06:26 PM
right just the base to paint tomorrow then photos, only been about 9 months since my last one!

dicker_koenig
31-08-2012, 07:02 PM
Due to my itinery tomorrow I am going to extend the deadline until 12noon on Monday giving you all a little longer to finish your entries.

This is in no way related to my own entry not being finished!

Let's see if this allows me to slip mine in, too! :)

Darklord
31-08-2012, 08:15 PM
Let's see if this allows me to slip mine in, too! :)

Not sure I like you THAT much!! :shock:

Darklord
01-09-2012, 12:27 PM
ARGH!! Just found the tongue has snapped of snake dude. :headbutt:

Darklord
01-09-2012, 03:27 PM
Yay! thats me finished. First mini I have painted in 9 months and had to stop and start over several weeks. Great fun to paint, love sticking paint on the Banelegions sculpts. Wnot win but nice to have a motive to paint again!

Corvus
01-09-2012, 03:59 PM
I think you did a fantastic job on the leather armour and the skin. I'm not a big fan of the colour of the weapon, but technically it's well painted. Good luck in the competition!

EDIT: when will the results be announced?

Corpuscle
01-09-2012, 09:03 PM
Stupid question time...where are the pictures?:2:

shanerozzell
01-09-2012, 09:24 PM
Stupid question time...where are the pictures?:2:

Here. http://www.wamp-forum.com/gallery/index.php?do=search&search=yes&photo_contest=6

Joek
01-09-2012, 10:36 PM
There's some absolutely awesome stuff in that there gallery! God knows who I'm going to vote for...good problem to have though!

Corvus
01-09-2012, 11:17 PM
There's some absolutely awesome stuff in that there gallery! God knows who I'm going to vote for...good problem to have though!

This isn't going to be your problem :)

JUDGING: This will be carried out by Maelstrom staff as well as their studio painters. The Maelstrom painters are top drawer so you really need to impress them!

Corpuscle
02-09-2012, 12:06 AM
Cheers Shane. The link works (and says I'm logged in), but when I click on the entry it says I'm not logged in.
Colour me confused.

p1per
02-09-2012, 12:49 AM
@Corpuscle - Check the link in your adress bar and if necessary add/remove the minus between wamp*-*forum. Somehow, at least for me, the gallery is still referring to the wamp-forum URL and when your login cookies are only set for the wampforum URL u will not be logged in when opening the wamp-forum (gallery) URL. So either log in on both URLs so both cookies are set or edit the URL. :)

(Hope you know what I mean :D )

shanerozzell
02-09-2012, 01:03 AM
er... yeah... What he said:cheeky:

Joek
02-09-2012, 08:46 AM
This isn't going to be your problem :)

JUDGING: This will be carried out by Maelstrom staff as well as their studio painters. The Maelstrom painters are top drawer so you really need to impress them!

Phew! Got out of that one nicely :p

Corpuscle
02-09-2012, 10:59 AM
@Corpuscle - Check the link in your adress bar and if necessary add/remove the minus between wamp*-*forum. Somehow, at least for me, the gallery is still referring to the wamp-forum URL and when your login cookies are only set for the wampforum URL u will not be logged in when opening the wamp-forum (gallery) URL. So either log in on both URLs so both cookies are set or edit the URL. :)

(Hope you know what I mean :D )
Thanks, that worked. :goodjob:

Endor
02-09-2012, 11:57 AM
What a great gallery of entries! Nice job everyone.

Spectral Dragon
03-09-2012, 08:12 AM
I'm the last to the scene I believe. Not sure if that makes me fashionably late or a sucker for late night painting binges. Uploading now.

EDIT: 4-1/2 hours to go made this a close call, never would have been able to do this if DL hadn't extended the deadline! All that's left is to wait for the mods approval and then await the results. Lots of great entries in there so doubt I will win but I will probably at least get a spot prize :)

Darklord
03-09-2012, 02:45 PM
***DEADLINE HAS PASSED***

No more entries. We have 20 cracking submissions (mine especially!!) so feel free to go check them out and vote or comment via the gallery.

All the entries will now be passed over to Maelstrom to pick us some winners.

Best of luck folks

phatkid1966
03-09-2012, 07:46 PM
Good luck all, im glad judging is in someone elses hands. A fool could see how high the standard of the entries is. Its phenomenal. I couldnt help but pick out 3 that I would like to see make the podium but I would be pleased to have any of those on my shelf.

Corvus
03-09-2012, 07:59 PM
Any idea on the time frame of the judging?

I'm proud to be part of this competition, the overall level is very good!

Good luck to everyone.

Darklord
03-09-2012, 09:35 PM
End of the week probably theres studio painters as well as maelstrom head honchos looking at them.

bananaman
05-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Thanks for all of the entries, a very high overall standard throughout!

The entries are all being perused at the moment by myself (Tim Fisher) & Head Honcho Rob Lane as company judges and by Sebastien Picque and Ben Komets as our pro painter judges. We'll all be choosing a 1, 2, 3 with 1st = 3pts, 2nd 2 and 3rd 1pt and then adding up the totals to find our winner(s).

In addition we're also be choosing the winners of our spot prizes and I'll be giving some feedback from us on each and every entry.

I'll mail Brett with our results by Sun evening at the latest so I guess that Monday morning will be a good time to check the forum for the results :)

Darklord
05-09-2012, 10:43 PM
they actually chose mine as winner yesterday, they are just deciding if to give it all the prizes or just one :07:

mclimbin
11-09-2012, 06:25 AM
Ohh, man, the wait is killing me! Unlike Darklord, I'm sure I didn't win, but I really want to know which one did. There are so many excellent ones.

Joek
11-09-2012, 08:33 AM
they actually chose mine as winner yesterday, they are just deciding if to give it all the prizes or just one :07:

Actually, they've just been in touch with me. Whilst I didn't paint one up, I mumbled something about the epic duel in my mind and they decided it was so darn good that they wanted to award me the prize straight away. They're just finding the right way to tell everyone now...

Darklord
11-09-2012, 09:38 AM
Actually, they've just been in touch with me. Whilst I didn't paint one up, I mumbled something about the epic duel in my mind and they decided it was so darn good that they wanted to award me the prize straight away. They're just finding the right way to tell everyone now...
Yeah the booby prize

Joek
11-09-2012, 09:45 AM
Well, there are a lot of boobies in their figure ranges, so this might not be a bad thing :p

phatkid1966
11-09-2012, 09:53 AM
I also would be grateful for a prize of boobies!

Darklord
11-09-2012, 10:30 AM
I also would be grateful for a prize of boobies!

there you go

http://www.gynecomastiasolution.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/man-boobs.jpg

Halestorm
11-09-2012, 12:16 PM
My eyes........

Corvus
11-09-2012, 12:23 PM
I was just having lunch when confronted with this picture :eeeew!:

phatkid1966
11-09-2012, 04:50 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!!!! I'm really not sure which bothers me most. The fact that this gentleman posed for this picture or that our dark lord has it squirreled away in his collection! (mostly though, I just wanna shave that goatie)!

Vern
12-09-2012, 12:57 PM
Fantastic entries :cool: the judges will have a hard time deciding, I think

Darklord
12-09-2012, 09:36 PM
Results will be posted in the morning

Corvus
12-09-2012, 09:42 PM
Aha good news, thanks! :)

Spectral Dragon
13-09-2012, 06:43 AM
Can't wait to see who won, far as I can see it's a tough call.

Darklord
13-09-2012, 11:33 AM
Results are in!

Am I a Winner? (http://www.wampforum.com/VB4/showthread.php?t=14102)