PDA

View Full Version : Fatal Personality Contest

Darklord
17-07-2009, 12:38 PM
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z93/darklordminiatures/headernew.gif (http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z93/darklordminiatures/?action=view&current=headernew.gif)

We are only a few months into the new wamp but we are already onto our 6th contest (arent we good to you!) Something a little different this time round. This contest is sponsored by Fatal Personality , a relatively new company based in Italy producing high quality resin pieces and also run by my friend massimiliano and his wife.
www.fatalpersonality.com

Here are the rules:

You must be a Wamp Member to participate although membership is free.

You may enter as many times as you like but each entry may only submit one photograph so if you need more angles it MUST be a montage
any additional photographs of that entry will be removed

Each entrant is only eligible for one prize. In the event of an entrant winning more than one prize they will receive the prize of highest value - any subsequent prizes will be awarded to the next highest placed entrant.

All entries must be new work

You give Wamp and Fatal Personality permission to use your pictures for publicity (but you do retain owenrship)

You may post pictures of WIP or final shots both here and elsewhere

Judging will be carried out by an open public vote which will run for 5 days
The deadline for submission is 10th August 5pm GMT

IF you are a wamp supporter then you benefit from an extended dealine which will be 72 hours later at 5pm 13th August GMT (for details on becoming a wamp sponsor please visits the announcements section)
Submissions must be posted to the Fatal Personality contest album

All entries must feature Fatal Personality miniatures only. You may use accesories and bases from other companies as long as the piece is inherently Fatal Personality

You may enter a single miniature,diorama full 300 piece battle scene - whatever you like as long as its Fatal Personality .

Any problems or questions then feel free to ask here or pm me

Now the good bit:
the prizes:

1st place will receive a cast of Natalia and an elaborate custom made pvc display plinth AND 15% off orders via fatal personality website FOR LIFE! http://www.fatalpersonality.com/public/images/gallery/imgbig_13.jpg

2nd place will receive a clyndrical pvc plinth AND 15% off orders via fatal personality website FOR LIFE!

3rd Place 15% off orders via fatal personality website FOR LIFE!

Darklord
17-07-2009, 12:51 PM
this should be an interesting one, a limited set to choose from so coming up with something different may be key as will painting technique.

Massimiliano was generous enough to send me the artists proof of gael to paint so thats my choice.

who else is entering and what?

Moth
17-07-2009, 12:56 PM
Dont know if it will happen for me, got 3 chaos greater deamons and a landraider redeemer lined up to paint to my best ability!

Darklord
17-07-2009, 12:59 PM
yeah so what you doing for the rest of the weekend?

Coneman
17-07-2009, 01:05 PM
I wont be doing this one as I have none of the required minis.
I am digging through my box to see what I can come up with for the fall comp.

Hinton
17-07-2009, 02:07 PM
Wow; only two minis to choose from by the looks of it (Toxic Girl and Natalie) - at least, on CMoN. Is there somewhere else that carries these minis since the FP store isn't working?

Darklord
17-07-2009, 02:40 PM
yep ther is also gael too .
you can email Massimiliano direct here:
fatalpersonality@gmail.com

prices for gael are: 14.50 euros

he normally has stuff selling on ebay too but i think he will let you know if you ask. tell him wamp sent ya!

i think there being only 3 minis will be interesting to see how people approach the same minis (if we have a few entries anyway!)

would be fun one day to do a comp using just one mini!

ScottRadom
17-07-2009, 02:40 PM
I'm going with Toxic Girl on a big 50mm base from Dragon Forge. Got these prepped months ago in anticipation! I'm going for the win this time!

Darklord
17-07-2009, 02:56 PM
could well do mate - your improving rapidly. i wonder if im the only one doing gael

Moth
17-07-2009, 03:05 PM
Sod it, I'll try and join ya with a gael mini... I havnt painted anything for myself in months, wonder if I can still choose colours by myself?

Darklord
17-07-2009, 03:11 PM
good man! you can get bogged down with painting for others (thats why i like baying at the moment!)

Darkmessiah
17-07-2009, 04:02 PM
just wonder is my toxic girl eligible for this?

Darklord
17-07-2009, 04:30 PM
i thought we had a rule on it been new work - but there isnt one in there so yes you can enter it

poots
17-07-2009, 04:57 PM
Damn! I am going to be out of the state! -_-
Looks like i miss out on this one too.

Darklord
17-07-2009, 05:11 PM
poots there is a thread with upcoming contest on there - it lists them all for this year (end of november the last one) so you can always start early if theres one you fancy

waghorn41
17-07-2009, 08:30 PM
S**t, I'll have to pass on this one as I'll be on holiday for the last few days of the comp and don't think I can get the mini and paint it in time. I was planning on getting Natalia... :cry:

Vern
17-07-2009, 09:21 PM
Well, I've got Natalia & Toxic avenger - not keen on the Natalia, so think it might have to be toxic - got an idea (not a good one, mind)

Manus
20-07-2009, 11:31 AM
Does anyone have a pic of the Gael mini?

Darklord
20-07-2009, 11:42 AM
here you go:
http://www.fatalpersonality.com/public/images/gallery/imgbig_23.jpg

Manus
20-07-2009, 11:44 AM
Beauty - cheers DL

Darklord
20-07-2009, 11:52 AM
your welcome mate

Darklord
21-07-2009, 11:30 AM
just started putting my together - must say its well cast , hardly a mold line in sight

waghorn41
21-07-2009, 05:46 PM
Well I've taken the chance of competing and ordered Natalia direct, hopefully will arrive in time. Colour scheme already planned.

Darklord
21-07-2009, 06:31 PM
good man - hope you told him it was for a wamp contest

waghorn41
22-07-2009, 09:24 AM
Yep, got a good price too !

Iacton
22-07-2009, 11:37 AM
could well do mate - your improving rapidly. i wonder if im the only one doing gael

I hope that Gael knows about this...

I trust that you mean Lucy?

Poor old Gael apparently cut his hand quite badly recently and has been sculpting single handed for a few weeks (He's doing a Kabuki model right now ;) )

Won't get a chance to do this one, or any others until after GDUK, cos I think I've bitten off too much on that already!

Darklord
22-07-2009, 11:42 AM
yep thats the one! nasty on the hand - think oe of the perry's sculpts one handed now doesnt he?

Iacton
22-07-2009, 12:21 PM
Yeah, Perry blew his arm off at a civil war re-enactment IIRC.

Gael is OK, just a nasty cut that is healing a bit slowly, as I understand it

Darklord
22-07-2009, 03:44 PM
and he can still sculpt better than me!!

waghorn41
31-07-2009, 07:48 PM
Ok, Natalia arrived today and I thought I could get some primer on - no chance! There is so much flash and mould lines it's going to take hours of very delicate work to get the mini cleaned up. And as I go away on hols next Saturday it looks like I'll be dnf for the comp. :cry:

Darklord
31-07-2009, 08:01 PM
thats a shame - mine had hardly any mold lines or flash. hopefully you can get something sorted buddy

ScottRadom
02-08-2009, 04:07 AM
Well I am feeling pretty relaxed on this one. Enjoying it now, but I don't think I am in any danger of winning. It's not my best brushwork I think, but I am thinking more about the colors I am using for this one. It's gonna turn out OK, but the big thing is I am finally enjoying this. I had been putting it off and picking it up to paint this or that but I got into the flow of it today and really liking it.

Man, I remember way back when (okay, it was june) when I could blast a fig out top to bottom in 5-6 hours and not be disgusted. I spent an hour and a half today going back and forth over Toxic Girl's socks and shoes!

Darklord
02-08-2009, 09:39 AM
glad your enjoying it bud. i'm afraid the higher the standard the more effort it takes (unlesss your one of those annoying genius' that can knock out a masterpiece in 4 hours while sky diving!

waghorn41
03-08-2009, 10:46 PM
Got Natalia cleaned up and primer on, just have to see what I can do in the next couple of evenings before I go on holiday.

Vern
03-08-2009, 11:22 PM
Mines all primed - toxic lass - & base is done, but there's a lot of detail on her :shock:

ScottRadom
03-08-2009, 11:35 PM
I think I can have mine finished by end of this week. Then I got to focus on some commission stuff, which for the most part looks like it'll be fun to paint. Got a neat customer who is giving me some Anima Tactics stuff, some LotR stuff, and some GW stuff. After that, if it works out, he may want some Wyrd mini's done, which I always enjoy painting. Things are looking good, but I will be glad to be done my entry for this month and the next already!

Vern
03-08-2009, 11:57 PM
Want to get mine done by the end of the week(end) - then it project 54 (first over 28mm mini) & really have to start painting some 15mm's for profit (damn this credit crunch - damn those manufacturers bringing all the new figures out in time for Euro :lol:)

ScottRadom
04-08-2009, 12:28 AM
What do you do at 15mm for profit Vern? I was thinking of trying out selling Flames of War stuff, but a little undecided right now.

Vern
04-08-2009, 04:47 PM
I have boxes of 15mm (ancients, medieval, colonials you name it) - I was going to (& have done) flogged them unpainted - but at 10-15p a figure new, you don't get much back. I figured now the paint is flowing, I should really knuckle down and paint a few armies (a DBA (ancient wargaming) army is 12 elements strong, roughty 50 figs max - depending on painting quality & popularity, I can expect any where between 30 - 80 for an army). I've had most of these figures for years & years, so Its not really costing me anything (apart from time)

FOW - not sure your money back, as I think they're quite expensive anyway, but if you already have them ...
from what I've seen (& ebay Fow has calmed down a lot), it best to sell them a painted units (as quoted in the rule books). I saw a British armoured Guards division (or is division to big?), nicely painted to desert/Italian campaign sell for 500 two years ago! I think if you research and paint as a specific unit, you should get more.

One of the key things with 15mm's, is not to get to hung up on details (although its helps) but whatever the painting quality, make sure the bases are good

ScottRadom
05-08-2009, 06:33 AM
Thanks Vern. I really like the game FoW, but what kills me is painting the mini's. I just don't get the satisfaction I do from 28mm.

Anyway I finished my entry for the FP contest. I can still do som tweeks, but it's in the "i think i can take it" section.

waghorn41
05-08-2009, 09:53 PM
Well, as I'm really pushed for time due to going away I finished Natalia this evening. Just waiting for the paint to dry before taking a pic or two. I like what I've achieved (pick yourself up DL) but in places the paint is too heavy as I needed to hide the scrape/file marks where I had to remove some horrendously heavy flash which had folded over and stuck right across the front of the mini. Tried to use some of the lessons I learnt while doing that darksword sorceress...

Darklord
06-08-2009, 09:33 AM
i havent started mine yet! just realised its a week today and i go away a week today so i have 6 days to get it done - oh and thats after i have painted this unti of elves!!

waghorn41
07-08-2009, 10:07 PM
That's it, Natalia is in the album. Hope you like my efforts, she's a beautiful sculpt.
[/img]

Darklord
08-08-2009, 09:57 AM
nice one wag - the greens very nice

amon chakai
08-08-2009, 07:10 PM
Hi friends!

I'm a Italian Painter and this is my first Wamp contest, i've posted my mini in the "fatal personality" album!

I hope you like my interpretation of "Lucy"! ;)

comments are very welcome!

Good luck for the contest! :)

ScottRadom
09-08-2009, 04:38 AM
nice to have you aboard, and that's a splendid entry for sure. You should go write up a little blurb introduction in the "general discussion" forum. I sure hope you hang around this site after the comp has wound up because I think I'd sure liek to hear some of your opinions on painting mini's!

Darklord
09-08-2009, 12:15 PM
yep very nice piece and welcome along - hope yous tick around and good luck with your entry

arctica
09-08-2009, 07:15 PM
Well posted mine, couldn't spend too much time on it tho as im working on something for GD. But still a nice little mini and it was my first time doing something in a monotone colouring scheme ish :D Since it was a rush job i spent about 4 hours working on it which is quick for me.

Some nice entries so far but i like Scott's rendition of the toxic girl, definately improving quickly there mate.

Oh and welcome to the forum amon chakai, i love the base on the mini very cool :) and atmospheric.

Waghorn, it's great to see you painting :) keep up the good work some nice colour choices there.

Oh PS: if people think i should submit a larger image i can, just gimme a shout quick :D

ScottRadom
09-08-2009, 07:19 PM
I just commented on yours Arctica! I love it, and a little jealous.

What your mini did was what I was TRYING to do with the cool vs. warm I think. Love it!

And Waghorn looked like you had a good time on yours in the end.

Of course then I saw that Amon Chakai's wall was freehand... so uhm.. yeah, that's incredible too! This contest sure as hell heated up dang quick! Way to go guys!

Darklord
10-08-2009, 11:53 AM
very nice buddy - 3 great entries so far - hoping to get mine started tomorrow

Darkmessiah
10-08-2009, 02:56 PM
thats a very nice entry amon, ull do well with that! just wondering, wot have u used for the minis background, is it just a printed gradient?

as for my entry, i tried retaking some pics of her, they didnt quite work out, so i had a play with the contrast and the sharpness and she i lookin alot closer to real life, much happier with these photos

Darklord
10-08-2009, 03:18 PM
well im on course to start mine tomorrow just got a banner to finish for unit - taken me about 6 weeks to do em so i will be glad to see the back of them!!

Darklord
10-08-2009, 03:34 PM
forgot to say the deadline is almost up for entries (5pm) UNLESS your a wamp supporter in which case you have until 5pm Thursday (thats british time folks)

amon chakai
10-08-2009, 04:01 PM
thats a very nice entry amon, ull do well with that! just wondering, wot have u used for the minis background, is it just a printed gradient?

as for my entry, i tried retaking some pics of her, they didnt quite work out, so i had a play with the contrast and the sharpness and she i lookin alot closer to real life, much happier with these photos

the background is a Freehand!

:wink: :wink: :wink:

look this photo for the particular:

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/8151/fallenangel2p.jpg

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/609/freeprw.jpg

Darklord
10-08-2009, 04:33 PM
your style reminds me of romans (jarheads)

Vern
10-08-2009, 11:27 PM
UNLESS your a wamp supporter in which case you have until 5pm Thursday

Oops - that'll be me again!

Darklord
11-08-2009, 09:19 AM
Deadline has now passed for non-supporters, everyone else times a ticking!

ScottRadom
11-08-2009, 03:02 PM
I'm off to check out the next contest! This FP one sure heated up quick man!

Darklord
11-08-2009, 04:31 PM
well i've finally finished that comission after about 6 weeks of doing nothing else (only a unit of 10 high elevs but being ill and other comitments meant its dragged on. I can now start my entry for this contest though tomorrow afternoon and evening are out of action and i go away thursday morning so this should be fun with my speed skills!

Darklord
12-08-2009, 09:57 PM
well i managed to get mine done, started yesterday and just finished now - about 8 hours in all, not a winner due to time and my head not being in it but i must say it was fun to paint, will be grabbing more in the future to spend some time on. im away tomorrow for a few days so anything urgent grab tux.

EldinTux
12-08-2009, 11:22 PM
Just a quick reminder - DEADLINE in 17.5 hrs, for supporters :)

Vern
12-08-2009, 11:28 PM
Hope to get mine done & dusted well before 5 O'clock deadline (so 4:45 than!)

Vern
13-08-2009, 05:57 PM
Aha - loaded with 5 mins to go!

Inspired by the BBC test card (& That Mitchell & Webb looks) - wanted to more to base, bit ran out of time - and 'chalk' looks worse than I expected!

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m98/Vern_06/2009-08-13.jpg

arctica
13-08-2009, 06:14 PM
I wouldn't want to be in a class with her , if that helps? :D

ScottRadom
13-08-2009, 06:27 PM
Super cool! I liked this contest more when I was the only one who had finished and submitted an entry!

Way to go WAMP, I feel very strongly that these are the best submissions across the board we've put out. Hat's off.

Except if anyone is reading this and you voted for EldinTux in our ladder challenge. You're a goof then!

Cregan Tur
13-08-2009, 07:24 PM
Except if anyone is reading this and you voted for EldinTux in our ladder challenge. You're a goof then!
Bitter, are we? :p

RogerB
13-08-2009, 08:38 PM
@Vern Love it. She was always freaky.

Vern
14-08-2009, 12:16 AM
Cheers Roger, she's a canny figure to paint (choice of arm would have been nice, maybe for future)

Some really excellent entries - have to agree with Scott, the standard gets higher with each comp (+ quite pleased, coz its definitely the best figure I've painted - if not photo'd :lol: )

Coneman
14-08-2009, 02:54 AM
Really nice entries in this one, well done everyone.

EldinTux
14-08-2009, 09:27 AM
Well done everyone, I'll get the voting thread up today

ScottRadom
14-08-2009, 03:00 PM
Man, I am gonna have to take my time with this one. Good, good entries. I think DL had predicted that the smaller range of mini's would make for a better contest as we see different takes on the same mini and I think he was right. Well done again.

Who's done their Urban Mammoth entry yet?