PDA

View Full Version : WAMP Global Speed Painting Champion: VOTING!!!!!

shanerozzell
14-05-2012, 09:28 PM
OK first up, thanks to all those that entered. I think there have been some brilliant entries and you all deserve plenty of kudos for even attempting to paint a miniature in under four hours so well done.

I know there are a few people who said they would enter but couldn't in the end so I hope you can make it next time guys.

Anyway here are the miniatures.

Cregan Tur

exilesjjb

kdlynch

Nameless

NeatPete

Nord

Spectral Dragon

Shades

XUR

So there we go. Now all's you have to do is vote. You have three votes and MUST use all votes in one go or else we'll all find you and... well we'll leave that up to you're imagination:tongue:

If you want to see the WIP shots then here is the link (http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showthread.php?12018-Speed-Painting-chat-thread).

Nameless
14-05-2012, 09:50 PM
voted :)
thanks a lot for this fun event, it was a very interesting experience!

Captain Sprout
15-05-2012, 12:53 AM
Voted, nice idea and produced some really good minis. Nice work!

Spectral Dragon
15-05-2012, 04:13 AM
This was fun, look forward to doing it again!

Voted.

Nameless
15-05-2012, 08:25 AM
with 18 voters we should have 54 votes, not 45 :)

MaGie
15-05-2012, 08:28 AM
Oh wow! I'm increadibly impressed :) You guys can sure make wonders happen in only 4 hours... Well done!
This is actually very motivating!

Ulfgrimr
15-05-2012, 09:50 AM
Very impressive let alone for only 4 hours painting, you should all be proud of your work. Extremely difficult to pick only three but votes cast.

warhammergrimace
15-05-2012, 10:13 AM
Some nice work, especially for 4 hrs...think I'll enter the next one

Nord
15-05-2012, 02:37 PM
Best weekend of painting I have had for a long time. Knowing you have just four hours really concentrates your mind, forces you to get organised up front and just get on with it instead of procrastinating. I am pleased with my goblin, yes there are some bits that I think "mmm that could do with a touch up" or "that would be better if ....." but I am just going to stick with it as is. It's a gaming piece and he needs 40 mates to back him up in battle, so I don't have the time to spend hours on one little dude. His mates will be speed painted too, but I will be aiming to get 2 or 3 finished per hour. That still means about 15 - 20 hours on the regiment to come, not something I will get done in one weekend. And then they will almost certainly get defeated every game. But hey, I love painting goblins so it's all good. :rolleyes:

XUR
15-05-2012, 03:37 PM
Congrats' Nord :)
Really like your entry ... nice posing, great choice of colours and glistening metals.

>Knowing you have just four hours really concentrates your mind, forces you to get organised up front and just get on with it instead of procrastinating.

If we were to organize more of these sessions, my Ephorat colony would be painted in no time !

>[...] but I am just going to stick with it as is.

I, for one, will have to push mine further to finish it.
This is what I get for chosing to paint NMM (except for cannon) in a speed contest ... silly me !

kdlynch
15-05-2012, 05:41 PM
coulda been worse, XUR... you coulda tried plaid all over. lol! :D

i did learn i need to prioritize better when painting to a very short time limit... i lost a lot of time subtly shading the black & white, especially when a lot of it would just be hidden by the plaid striping... should have just gone with all the basic colours and then shade everything at once. not as accurate, but would have made more progress in the 4 hours.

Sparks
15-05-2012, 08:08 PM
I got mine finished, but like others I focused on the wrong things at the wrong times! I was happy with the overall feel of the model, but know there are a lot of mistakes which bugs me no end!

Didn't get time to take a decent pic, but will do ASAP. Also voted, well done guys!

breadhead.
16-05-2012, 01:21 PM
Great work all round for only four hours!