PDA

View Full Version : Freebooter Painting Contest 2012

Darklord
13-04-2012, 08:47 PM

Ok folks, it's time for a brand new sponsor and I am really excited about this addition to our fantastic line up, we have Freebooter Miniatures coming to Wamp with their massively popular miniatures. They do some cracking sculpts so this should be great!!

As if just an excuse to paint a Freebooter mini wasn't enough to tempt you even more how about some prizes?

1st place £50 Freebooter goodies and feature on the cover of Portal Magazine

2nd place: £30 Freebooter goodies
3rd place £20 Freebooter goodies.

The Deadline for entries will be 3pm Saturday 23rd June 2012
(Supporters deadline will be 3pm Saturday 30th June 2012 (GMT))

The rules:

You must be a Wamp Member to participate. Membership is free and you may register here. (http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/register.php)
You may enter as many times as you like but each entry may only submit one photograph so if you need more angles it MUST be a montage.
Images must be no larger than 800 pixels wide by 2500 pixels high. (It is your responsibility to check this).
any additional photographs of that entry will be removed.
All entries must be new work. (New work is defined as any entry not previously displayed on-line in a completed state (You MAY enter pieces which have been shown as a Work In Progress (WIP)).
You give Wamp and Freebooter Miniatures permission to use your pictures for publicity (but you do retain ownership).
You may post pictures of WIP or final shots both here and elsewhere.
Judging will be decided by public vote.
Submissions must be posted to the Contest Gallery (http://www.wamp-forum.com/gallery/index.php?do=mypictures) You must make sure you select the correct contest option in the contest select box either during upload (if using the basic uploader) or via edit pictures after upload

You may enter a single miniature,diorama full 300 piece battle scene - whatever you like as long as its inherently Freebooter.

Please folks make sure you read the rules (especially the new work one!!)

You can find Freebooters excellent miniatures here:

Freebooter miniatures (http://www.freebooterminiatures.de/)

I really hope you guys can support this contest, let's show Freebooter how awesome Wamp painters are!!

pae
13-04-2012, 10:28 PM
Hmmm....just how many entries can I possibly have for this one?

NeatPete
14-04-2012, 12:19 AM
KLOCKENBOOTY!!!! Get sum!

Undave
14-04-2012, 01:00 AM
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/undave_album/pokepic1.jpg

Shades
14-04-2012, 01:36 AM
It looks like I've been procrastinating painting my Freebooter's Fate crews for a reason. Now the hard part is whether to focus on Pirates, Amazons, or Brotherhood of Assassins. (Hint: I think it's going to be Brotherhood.....ssshhh...)

Nameless
16-04-2012, 12:52 PM
don't distract me Brett, I need to finish AoW entry, not think what FB mini to paint !

HaWior
17-04-2012, 09:29 AM
This comes right in time. Got new Freebooter Miniatures yesterday. Maybe I should give it a try. Have no chance to win, but this will improve my painting skills. :redface:

Neomorte
23-04-2012, 02:06 AM
I am going to try to get in on this. The Freebooter line is one of the best in the hobby. I look forward to seeing all the entries regardless.

vegascat
24-04-2012, 08:38 PM
Gods help me, assuming I can actually get some Freebooter minis, I'm in on this one! Even though I stand no chance of winning, it'll still be fun!

warhammergrimace
24-04-2012, 09:14 PM
May have enter this one, as I have a couple to get painted

piratemama
26-04-2012, 08:26 PM
I painted FB's mermaid for my dad. I was going to enter (pretty gun-shy at losing contest after contest in the ladder *blush*) but I'm pretty proud of her.. so I might just bite the bullet and enter her in.

Neomorte
26-04-2012, 08:47 PM
Winning and losing are far less the issue for me piratemama. It is painting models I enjoy and hopefully learning how to improve my painting along the way. Wamp offers this combination of fun and learning in spades. This will be my first contest, and I am excited about the possibilities.

Orki
26-04-2012, 09:13 PM
That's the spirit, Neomorte! Good to see you come out of Lurk mode for this one. :)

I think we'll see a nice variety of entries for the Freebooter comp.

piratemama
26-04-2012, 10:40 PM
Winning and losing are far less the issue for me piratemama. It is painting models I enjoy and hopefully learning how to improve my painting along the way. Wamp offers this combination of fun and learning in spades. This will be my first contest, and I am excited about the possibilities.

Oh, I agree completely!

vegascat
27-04-2012, 03:22 PM

I couldn't agree more! This will also be my first contest, so I'm really excited to see how my mini fares and how much I can push myself!

piratemama
29-04-2012, 02:11 AM
I tried posting my mermaid's photo in the contest gallery and it says that it's too big! The photo is 800 pixels wide x 2500 pixels high and is in .jpg format. What am I doing wrong?

kdlynch
29-04-2012, 03:25 AM
odd... that should work. though, i always go one pixel smaller (799x2499, for instance).

piratemama
29-04-2012, 07:11 AM
odd... that should work. though, i always go one pixel smaller (799x2499, for instance).

I'll give that a shot and see if it helps :) Shouldn't hurt anything!

p1per
01-05-2012, 09:33 AM
Just two quick questions - is it allowed to convert a mini? I'm planning to paint the Succubus but I'd like to remove her horn. :/ And the second one - am I allowed to post the finish picture elsewhere after I uploaded it to the contest gallery or do I have to wait 'till the deadline? :)

Darklord
01-05-2012, 10:13 AM
Just two quick questions - is it allowed to convert a mini? I'm planning to paint the Succubus but I'd like to remove her horn. :/ And the second one - am I allowed to post the finish picture elsewhere after I uploaded it to the contest gallery or do I have to wait 'till the deadline? :)

Yes to both

p1per
01-05-2012, 11:43 AM
thanks Darklord! :)

breadhead.
01-05-2012, 01:01 PM
Right, I've got a real urge to get some display level painting done after a few months of knocking out tabletop stuff (which is also why I'm back posting here!).
Prepped a Freebooter Undead Lady I have wanted to paint for ages last night.
Let's hope I can find the time to get it done by the deadline. Baby due any day now...

Shades
01-05-2012, 01:41 PM
Right, I've got a real urge to get some display level painting done after a few months of knocking out tabletop stuff

I would love to see pics of your tabletop figures....

Congrats on the new miniature!

Darklord
01-05-2012, 02:06 PM
Let's hope I can find the time to get it done by the deadline. Baby due any day now...

didnt realise your pregnant mate, congrats

Iacton
01-05-2012, 02:53 PM
Right, I've got a real urge to get some display level painting done after a few months of knocking out tabletop stuff (which is also why I'm back posting here!).

Hey Barney! Good to see you about. And snap! Our baby is due today! blackglove

breadhead.
01-05-2012, 03:36 PM
Thanks guys!

I'll get some pictures of my tabletop stuff up tonight Shades.

Congrats Scott, hope all goes well for you guys.
Our baby is due next Tuesday.. so equal measures of fear and excitement at the moment.

vegascat
06-05-2012, 04:17 AM

Congrats on the pending birth! Positive thoughts going out to you both!

I've been wanting to buy the Undead Lady and Gentlemen and almost did, but both The Lady and Moby Dugg caught my attention too. I'm going to work on The Lady first as she seems a bit less time consuming than Moby Dugg, but I'm hoping to enter both - Wish me luck as I'm not a very fast painter. I just got them both the other day and need to prep and clean them soon before the weekend's out and I lose the time to do so.

breadhead.
06-05-2012, 01:15 PM
Thanks Vegascat :)

Good luck with getting the miniatures done. I hadn't seen the Moby Dugg before but it looks like it should be a lot of fun to paint.
My Undead Lady is prepped and undercoated, might start work on the 'flesh' this afternoon.

king kender
07-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Hi!
sorry for not posting very often on this forum, I just want to ask a question about this freebooter contest

If I am correct I can post this mini on the contest beacuse i showed it online in the wip form before the contest start
http://www.farabi.it/LegioPictorum/viewtopic.php?t=16935

Can some one tell me if I'm allowed to partecipate with that mini^?

Thnks a lot
KK

Nameless
07-05-2012, 05:01 PM
(You MAY enter pieces which have been shown as a Work In Progress (WIP)).

yes, you can, King Kender :) just remember to post the finished mini here before you post it elsewhere :)

piratemama
07-05-2012, 09:09 PM
Ok! I was able to resize the mini and saved as a .gif (resized it smaller and saved .jpg and it still said it was too large!!) so I hope that I did it right :)

Also, I posted the finished piece on my blog, is that alright?? I haven't posted it on any miniature painting forums... people can see my WIP in my blog, too. Is that alright?

kdlynch
07-05-2012, 11:41 PM
as long as it was posted to the gallery first (and it was), you're good to go. :)

Dims
08-05-2012, 09:36 AM
Hi Guys! Have been out of the hobby for a while, and have not even been much active here, so I though I'd might just start with joining this comp. I have a gorgeous Brahyn lying around somehwhere, that I've been dying to get some paint on for a while now. Will start working on that soon! Cheers!

king kender
08-05-2012, 11:07 AM
Uploaded my entry

I hope I did it in the correct way XD

kdlynch
08-05-2012, 02:33 PM
Yeppers, you did, king kender. :)

king kender
09-05-2012, 11:50 AM
xd THNKS! .-)

Sister_Lucy
24-05-2012, 07:27 PM
I'm finally starting mine today! :D

Shades
29-05-2012, 01:23 PM
Started mine this weekend.

Sister_Lucy
29-05-2012, 04:32 PM
Ok I have to ask.. Why did my Entry get rejected from the contest gallery but my alternate for my personal gallery was accepted? I know it wasn't size...
I'll try again.

Darklord
29-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Ok I have to ask.. Why did my Entry get rejected from the contest gallery but my alternate for my personal gallery was accepted? I know it wasn't size...
I'll try again.

because duplicate images get removed. Just edit the one showing to have the contest option selected

Sister_Lucy
29-05-2012, 05:08 PM
Ok :)

Darklord
18-06-2012, 12:00 PM
Less than 1 week to go folks. Some great prizes and freebooter minis are great so get those entries in. Supporters get an extra week so no excuse not to get something done!!

NeatPete
18-06-2012, 06:25 PM
Arrrgggg. Where does time go? I have a freebooter mini I've been meaning to paint for my fiance for years. Need to get cracking on it. Was working on my mini exchange mini this weekend though. Love beeing a supporter, that extra week is really going to help. Try not to miss the deadline this time Pete.

Eila
23-06-2012, 02:32 PM
Hello! I am totally new in this forum and I wanted to join the Freebooter Contest. I uploaded my Steampunk Fairy and then selected the contest in Edit. Is this the rigtht way? I can´t see my picture in the contest galery :(
It would be nice if you could help me. I know its nearly deadline -.-

Vern
23-06-2012, 02:44 PM
:Wamp: Eila - I understand images are 'approved' by a mod before they get up loaded. I sure it'll be in the queue :)

Darklord
23-06-2012, 04:04 PM
***DEADLINE HAS PASSED!***

Supporters have 1 week left to get your entries in. Non supporters can become supporters and benefit from the extra time.

Eila
23-06-2012, 05:16 PM
Ah that makes sense ;) thank you

pae
30-06-2012, 02:02 AM
Once again I sneak in under the wire. :-)

NeatPete
30-06-2012, 05:02 PM
Pete fails again. Was working on this last night but thought I had till Sunday. Good luck to everyone that knows how to make a deadline!

Valloa
30-06-2012, 05:43 PM
Pete fails again. Was working on this last night but thought I had till Sunday. Good luck to everyone that knows how to make a deadline!

Boo. Well I think you should finish up anyway as if the deadline was sunday and show off the mini anyhow! :)

NeatPete
30-06-2012, 06:38 PM
I will. I'm painting the bad fairy, and there is already a pretty sweet one in the gallery. Just thought for some reason the contest would end on a Sunday. My fault! I'm working today so I can't even rush anything in. Oh well, at least it got my painting a mini I've had for years. Silver linning is I can focus 100% on my mini exchange mini now.

Darklord
30-06-2012, 07:19 PM
Due to time constraints I can get to this until Monday so you folks can have until Monday 12 noon GMT to get any further entries in or tweak your current ones

NeatPete
30-06-2012, 07:36 PM
DL is the best, DL is the best!

Valloa
30-06-2012, 07:48 PM
Cool. I might try to finish my second one up.

Netepete you have no choice now! Get that one done up!

XUR
01-07-2012, 01:11 PM
Couldn't do anything this time ... simply too much work on my desk
(not that I am complaining, on the contrary :)

breadhead.
01-07-2012, 05:18 PM
I got nowhere with my entry for this which is a little disappointing. Still, been pretty busy really!

NeatPete
02-07-2012, 07:10 AM
I uploaded to my entry. Good luck everyone!

Darklord
02-07-2012, 09:21 PM
***DEADLINE HAS PASSED***

Voting polls will open tomorrow

Please try and rate and comment the entires if you get chance. i know all feedback is appreciated by the competitors

Darklord
03-07-2012, 10:32 AM
Voting is now open:

Voting Poll (http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showthread.php?t=13050)

Darklord
09-07-2012, 07:14 PM
Results are up

http://www.wampforum.com/VB4/showthread.php?t=13168&p=183182#post183182

NeatPete
09-07-2012, 07:34 PM
Any chance we could see the poll results?

Darklord
09-07-2012, 09:11 PM
Any chance we could see the poll results?

done

NeatPete
09-07-2012, 09:53 PM
Whoo hoo! 9 votes and a solid 5th place. I'll take it! :)

Valloa
09-07-2012, 10:16 PM
Congrats to the winners. :)

Lyn
09-07-2012, 10:58 PM
Congrats to the winners!
Wow I got 1 vote! yay! I suck! lol

Darklord
10-07-2012, 12:12 PM
absolutely not Lyn. Please dont feel disheartened at getting 1 vote. At the end of the day each person can only pick 3 out of them all so you will usually find the lions share of votes go to just one or two entries and that was evident in this contest with just 3 votes seperating the top 3 so we know where most people voted. That's not to say yours is a bad entry. If folks had 4 or 5 choices each you could have ended up with 10 or 20 votes.

XUR
10-07-2012, 01:53 PM
"Félicitations aux vainqueurs !!".
Great entries, was hard to pick winners on this contest.
And Lyn ... DL perfectly resumed the situation, don't feel bad or discouraged for this :)

Shades
10-07-2012, 06:05 PM
Great contest. It's fantastic to see so many painted Freebooter miniatures.

Odds are, I'll have another Freebooter's Fate faction that needs painting for next year's contest.

A thought. I expected (and hoped) Freebooter to promote themselves with this contest, but I couldn't find anything on their web-sites about it. Maybe it's still too early to be looking for it. I want the company to do well, so I'd hate to see them miss an opportunity to show the world such a myriad collection of their miniatures.

Darklord
10-07-2012, 06:21 PM
Freebooter did pimp it on their site a couple of times. I did think we would have had more non wampers come across for it but for a first contest it was a good basis, these things take time to build sometimes. I certainly hope we can get them back again next year

Lyn
10-07-2012, 07:24 PM
Aww your so sweet! I was just playing when I said that lol that's why I "lol"'d :)