PDA

View Full Version : Studio McVey 2012 Results

Darklord
10-04-2012, 06:48 PM
It's the moment you've all been waiting for, the result's! We have had 14 cracking entries, all of them superb and the un-envious task of choosing a select band of worthy winners fell to the minds that created the little metal canvas's in the first place; Mike and Ali McVey themselves.
These two are widely renowned for their painting so there's no one more qualified to give their opinions.

They have deliberated, discussed, comtemplated and no doubt read the Tea leaves to pick just 3 brush wielding champions. Without further ado I can announce that the winner of the Studio McVey contest 2012 is.................

XUR!!

with his stunning Anya and the Grendlr

here's what our Mike & Ali had to say:

We really liked the colour scheme on this. The bleached out look really suited the setting and technically great painting. The Grendlr is a hard miniature to make look tidy with all those armour plates but we think the painter did a great job. Of course I should also give props to the clever conversion

Coming through in 2nd place was none other than Chameleon with her fantastic version of Broga. Well done Sue!

Yet again this painter has bravely gone for a really punchy colour scheme. The painting technically on this teamed with the wonderful base made it close to first in our minds but the clash between the green on the cloth at the front and inside the cape teamed with the green on the scales and the shoulder pads was a bit too much for our taste.

our final place went to Pae for his Azumi entry. A well deserved pat on the back for grabbing that final place.

Not a colour scheme I would have chosen in a million years but we both think it works nicely. Smooth blends between colours and nice to see the geisha make up and freehand on the sash/ribbons.

So there are our holy trinity of winners and well done to them for coming through a very tough crowd. The Studio McVey contest always pulls in some fantastic entries and this year was no exception. I would like to thank all the competitors for taking the time to enter, everyone that has rated or commented on the entries and of course special thanks to our esteemed sponsors Mike & Ali of Studio McVey.
Folks help support them and go buy their stuff - its absolutely fantastic, some of the best money can buy.

You can check out their range here:
Studio McVey (http://www.studiomcvey.com/)

if you wish to see all the entries you can find them here:
Contest Entries (http://www.wamp-forum.com/gallery/index.php?do=search&search=yes&photo_contest=1)

If anyone that entered would like to get feedback on why they didn't win you can contact Ali direct via pm here on Wamp (her username is AMcV)

Thanks for making this another cracking Wamp contest

Brett

LOBO
10-04-2012, 06:49 PM
Congrats to XUR for a marvelous job and Chameleon, Pae, and to all the rest that entered! :smile:

pae
10-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Woohoo! Third place! Congrats to Xur and Chameleon on their awesome entries. And hats off to the others in the contest as well. Nice work out there. :-)

MaGie
10-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Congratulations to the winners! Top notch entries this year :)

Thanks to Brett and the McVey's for a great contest!

dicker_koenig
10-04-2012, 07:08 PM
Congrats everyone! Great entries and good choices ;).

XUR
10-04-2012, 07:59 PM
Hurrah !!!! :)
Thanks a lot to Mike & Ali for making me this year's winner.
Congrats to all other contenders :)

Chameleon
10-04-2012, 09:00 PM
Woohoo, second place!! :) Congrats to XUR and Pae for their awesome entries. Congrats too to all who entered to make it a fab contest!

NeatPete
10-04-2012, 09:46 PM
Nice work everyone! Congrats tot he winners. Thanks for the contest WAMP and McVey's!

megazord_man
10-04-2012, 09:57 PM
Congrats on lovely work everyone, especially the winners. Thanks once again to DL/Wamp and the sponsors Studio McVey.

Sparks
10-04-2012, 10:31 PM
Congrats peeps! I think it really brought out the best from a lot of us, so cheers again Brett and once more to Ali and Mike!

Orki
10-04-2012, 10:54 PM
That was some lovely work guys. Congrats to the winners, and well done to all the other entrants! :smile:

Endor
10-04-2012, 10:59 PM
Sterling work and congrats to winners! Saw some wips of the conversion of the winning piece over at the mcvey forum - great use of the Kara pose

piratemama
11-04-2012, 12:13 AM
Congrats! Awesome work from all counts!

warhamsterdave
11-04-2012, 12:29 AM
A very well deserved pat on the back to the winners and a massive nod to all the entries, some great looking paint on great looking models.

Lyn
11-04-2012, 04:44 AM
Yay thats awesome!! Congrats to the winners! =) I had a piece that I was going to do, but I ended up not having time because of other competitions, commissions and charities. lol I do plan to do the Darksword one! =)

Valloa
11-04-2012, 06:09 AM
Congrats to the winners!

Nameless
11-04-2012, 08:41 AM
As always, congrats to winners, thanks to sponsors, and special thanks to WAMP for making me finish another mini :)

Ulfgrimr
11-04-2012, 09:34 AM
Congratulations to the winners and many thanks to DL & the McVeys, some great entries this year.

kdlynch
11-04-2012, 05:21 PM
Congrats winners, and great jobs by all the entrants! :D Thanks DL, and to the McVeys, for the contest. :)

Dr. Willett's Workshop
11-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Congrats Xur, it's so good!

sublimebrushwork
14-04-2012, 04:16 PM
Congratulations to the winners! Superb work.
Note to self-must try harder:wink: