PDA

View Full Version : Wamped II The Results!

Darklord
15-03-2012, 08:25 PM

Wow! What a contest this has been. 4 months, 108 entries and over 1,000 in prizes. But now alas the end is here and it's the bt everyone has been working towards. You already know the category winners but who grabbed the other prizes and most importantly who beat the other winners to take the overall title of Wamped II Best In Show Winner?

Without Further ado here are the winners:

'OOP'S!!' Themed Category:

He Got Out - Sparks
Krull - Orki
Ooops! - Waghorn41

Scenery & Terrain:

The Tower of Signa Dur - Dr Willet's Workshop
Wrecked Allied Medium Walker - [So]rice
Garden of Morr - Neatpete
Skull Tower - Sparks

Historical

English Civil War Cavalier - Ulfgrimr
11th hussars 1854 - Undave
A picture for the paper - [So]rice
Viking in 54mm - AndyS

Everything Else

Bunny - Iacton
Misfit - Megazord_Man
Nimroot - Bad Fairy
Super Dungeon Explore - [So]rice

(Megazord_Man actually placed 3rd as well with Madge The Zombie Killer but can only claim one prize per category as per the rules)

Sci-Fi

Farseer - Orki
Size Matter Not - Iacton
Sophie Bigoude - HonourGuard
(Tied): He Got Out - Sparks & Death Corps of Krieg Artillery Tractor - Megazord_Man

6. Head Honcho - AndyS
7.German Boss - ScottRadom

(Iacton also placed 3rd with Akosha Noma and Megazord_Man placed 6th with Misfit Ray but can only claim one prize per category as per the rules)

Fantasy

Rataxes - SkelettetS
Krull - Orki
Shae - Landreth
my Brother - HonourGuard
Caradryn - MaGie
Troll Slayer bust - AndyS
Kaastaruk - Shanerozzell
Thief of Hearts - MamaGeek

(Landreth also held 6th place with Master of Carnage and AndyS also got joint 7th with Citadel Wurrzag but can only claim one prize per category as per the rules)

Most Entries:
15 - AndyS

Random Prizes:
Parvusmachina (Random Entrant)
Spellscape (Random Entrant)
Lyn (Random Entrant)
ChthonicSplendour (Random Voter)
Nord (Random Voter)

So there we go folks we have 24 different winners sharing a ton of prizes but alas we needed to pick just one lucky person to claim the ultimate spot. we did things a little differently this year and our best in show was taken from the category winners. SkelettetS,Orki,Iacton,Dr Willet's Workshop and Ulfgrimr all battled it out head to head to choose a champion. In the end it turned out to be very head to head with two entries head and shoulders in front of the others and in the end a single vote seperated them. A fitting end to a fantastic contest.
But there can be only one and the winner of Wamped II Best in Show is.............

SkelettetS!!

with his awesome entry Rataxes:

A beautiful piece and a very worthy winner. A very honourable mention must go to Orki whose Farseer was pipped to the post by a single vote.

So those folks are your winners and a hearty congratulations to them all. This year had some fantastic entries and you know the standard is high when you have Golden Demon winners not even getting on the podium. It's great to see so much support for the event and really makes it worthwhile for me.
I want to say a big thankyou to the entrants, the voters and the sponsors, all of you do a great job supporting Wamp and our events and really help make them great.
I hope you have enjoyed the event and also enjoyed the old gallery because its retiring now!! You can still view all the entries though!
Wamped II Gallery (http://www.wamp-forum.com/photopost/g783-wamped-21-ii.html)

If you are a winner please bear with me until I contact you . You will be contacted in order of category placement and you may recieve multiple pm's if you have won in more than one category. Theres a lot of prizes to organise so be considerate!!

Look out for a Portal special soon featuring every entry and interviews with some of the winners.

Right need a lie down, been a long contest!!!

Cheers

Brett

LOBO
15-03-2012, 08:57 PM
Great entries, congrats to all the winners! :smile:

Iacton
15-03-2012, 09:07 PM
Well done everyone for entering and special congrats of course to Skellie and his rhino. Well deserved winner indeed blackglove

Also thanks very much for votes on my own pieces, I shall return to semi-retirement now :wink:

Orki
15-03-2012, 09:07 PM
Blimey, that was close! Grats to SkeletteS on his BoS award, and a big thank you to all the voters, entrants, sponsors, and of course Brett for putting on another awesome comp this year!
:grin

Next time SkelleteS, next time... mwahahahaha :tongue:

Ulfgrimr
15-03-2012, 09:16 PM
Fantastic competition in all respects. Congratulations to all the winners and especially to SkelettetS for a brilliant and worthy best in show. Many thanks to those that voted and also to the numerous sponsors and well done DL for pulling it all together and putting in the hard work.

waghorn41
15-03-2012, 09:33 PM
Congratulations to all the winners, and those who entered, but also to DL for pulling off another fantastic comp.

kittykat23uk
15-03-2012, 09:39 PM
Well done everyone! :biggrin:

shanerozzell
15-03-2012, 09:58 PM
Well done guys and a big congrats to Steffan with a brilliant piece that deserved the best in show.

Kretcher
15-03-2012, 10:14 PM
Congratz everyone, a very nice competition. Good work DL too get it all working so well. Some really nice entries for best in show and a big congratulation to Skel for the win.

Hope too be able to make a entry next year if possible. (not hoping for a win just to be in there for fun), will practise on some of the other comp that are arrenged here.

/Kretcher

RogerB
15-03-2012, 10:15 PM
Well done peeps.

megazord_man
15-03-2012, 10:22 PM
Congratulations on all the winners, entrants and of course thanks to DL, wamp and sponsers. It's such a pleasure to see all the creativity involved in these. Beautiful overall winner too, stunning.

NeatPete
15-03-2012, 10:40 PM
Congrats everyone! Nice BOS winner there. Well done sir.

Much thanks to Darklord and all the sponsors. I can only imagine how much work all this is.

Another great WAMP contest in the books.

Sparks
15-03-2012, 10:40 PM
I done won two (won't count the default one!)? Mental! Cheers for any votes, and well done to all. It was immense (and slightly terrifying) to see the entries roll in towards the end. Well done SkellettS. I thought it had potential from the start, and came up against not only really tough competition in its category, but even moreso in the best in show!

Massive thanks to Brett too. Now get planning next years! :wink:

Valloa
15-03-2012, 10:52 PM
Congrats to all the winners!

Endor
15-03-2012, 10:53 PM
I merrily join the chorus of praise for winners and participants, but the greatest goes to DL and his helpers. I believe it takes quite a bit of work to pull this off. Kudos!

Iacton
15-03-2012, 11:31 PM
Yeah, sorry, forgot to thank Unlucky Alf for all his (ongoing) hard work. He's the bread that makes the sarnie :redface:

parvusmachina
16-03-2012, 12:01 AM
VERY fun contest! Congrats to all the winners!

Vern
16-03-2012, 12:02 AM
Congratulations to all the winners, entrants, sponsors & of course DL for organising it - fun competition :smile:

Shades
16-03-2012, 12:04 AM
<...clap, clap, clap, clap, clap...!!!>

Spectral Dragon
16-03-2012, 12:59 AM
Congrats to all the winners, and special thanks to WAMP and DL for orginizing such an exciting contest!

Undave
16-03-2012, 01:12 AM
Just got in from the pub so I won't trust myself to type anything erudite and magnanimous but it's always satisfying when you've entered a competition and you can see that the folks who won had miles better entries than yours. Well deserved congratulations to all the winners and three cheers to all those who took part.

kdlynch
16-03-2012, 01:16 AM
Congratulations all winner, and well done all entrants! Fantastic competition indeed. :D

Thanks Brett, for all the work you've done, along with the sponsors, to bring this all together. :D

ScottRadom
16-03-2012, 02:06 AM
Way to go everyone! Especially you Sweden!

MamaGeek
16-03-2012, 03:23 AM
Congratulations!!!! to all the winners!

And thank you to WAMP and the contest sponsors!

(And yay random prize! Yippie!)

piratemama
16-03-2012, 03:55 AM
Congrats!!! :D

MaGie
16-03-2012, 09:55 AM
Congratulations to all winners :wink: And to everyone that entered, it's a wonderful collection in the gallery!
Special congrats to SkellettS for a smacking entry, amazing!

And many many thanks to the great Lord of WAMP and the sponsors, thanks for setting up this great contest and all the time you've put in it Brett.

SkelettetS
16-03-2012, 10:01 AM
wow! thanks all you folks, thanks a lot. im sooo happy you dig mrRhino, again hard work seems to pay off, im not kidding when i say i used every second sparetime for over a month to be able to finish this in time. good start of 2012!

thanks WAMP!! :)

Nameless
16-03-2012, 11:01 AM
I haven't won anything? Bad voters, bad! ;)

congrats to all, some stunning entries and well deserved wins.

AndyS
16-03-2012, 03:23 PM
Thanks guys! Not bad for my first time. Really went for most entries! lol

Darklord
16-03-2012, 03:49 PM
Correction:
My apologis but I have made an error in the reuslts for the fantasy category. Landreth placed twice but should only have one eligible for a prize so his 6th placed Master of Carnage will be removed. This means AndyS and Shanerozzell both move up a place to 6th and 7th respectively. Coming in at number 8 we have a new entry from Shawoddywaddy, I mean Mamageek with her Thief of Hearts. This means she is no longer eligible for the Random prize, this has been awarded to parvusmachina.

The new Fantasy Category results:

Rataxes - SkelettetS
Krull - Orki
Shae - Landreth
my Brother - HonourGuard
Caradryn - MaGie
Troll Slayer bust - AndyS
Kaastaruk - Shanerozzell
Thief of Hearts - MamaGeek

Again my apologies, I try to make sure everything is correct but the sheer number of winners was obviously too much for my little brain! It's a minor error that doesnt affect and category winners but sorry to those affected (especially MamaGeek and Landreth)

Undave
16-03-2012, 04:28 PM
Just got in from the pub so I won't trust myself to type anything erudite and magnanimous but it's always satisfying when you've entered a competition and you can see that the folks who won had miles better entries than yours. Well deserved congratulations to all the winners and three cheers to all those who took part.

Just realised I placed second in historical :redface: Curse the demon drink and it's ability to make you forget how to read your own name!

Many thanks to all the misguided foo... discerning Wampers who ticked my box:jiggy:

ChthonicSplendour
16-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Congratulations to all the winners and great work by DL to organise and run everything.

(Yay, random prize!)

MamaGeek
16-03-2012, 10:34 PM
Hey, thanks, DL!

sublimebrushwork
16-03-2012, 11:12 PM
Congrats to all. Looking forward to the next issue of Portal even more now...

Landreth
18-03-2012, 07:48 PM
Congratulations! Very nice contest!

Bad Fairy
19-03-2012, 04:57 PM
Well done to everybody that entered, and a super duper congratulations to the winners. I'm really pleased that I placed and thank you for your votes! :smile:

Thanks to Brett and the sponsors for a cool competition!

(It's N i r n r o o t !!! btw ;) :P ) heheheh

Darklord
20-03-2012, 11:41 AM
phew! got all the prize detaisl in now thanks folks (if your a winner and I dont have your email and postal address please let me know.
I shall start to get these prizes distributed. Some are coming direct from me while others are from the sponsors. I shall endeavour to get these sorted as soon as possible but it may take a while, please bear with me.

MamaGeek
21-03-2012, 04:31 AM
No problem, Brett! Thanks for all your work!

Grenn
22-03-2012, 12:59 AM
Congrats all!

ScottRadom
22-03-2012, 01:23 AM
Hey Brett, whatever I got don't ship it out on it's own. Just wait until I order again from the WAMPstore please. Thanks for all your work!

NeatPete
22-03-2012, 05:24 PM
Oh yeah, me too!

If you have the barrels yourself, hold onto them till I can order from WAMPstore.

MaGie
08-06-2012, 03:02 PM
By no means am I trying to be inpatient, but I was wondering if the prices for this were already sent?

Darklord
08-06-2012, 03:18 PM
By no means am I trying to be inpatient, but I was wondering if the prices for this were already sent?

should have been MaGie - do you know what your waiting for? If its Sodapop I am chasing those up anyway

MaGie
08-06-2012, 03:24 PM
I don't know :) I believe all the winners had to send a shortlist, and then you would distribute the prices accordingly... Sodapop was in my shortlist I think.