PDA

View Full Version : Parvusmachina and the Quest for $1000

parvusmachina
06-02-2012, 09:11 PM
New to WAMP and have been looking for reasons/motivation to pick up the brushes. Besides Entering WAMPed II, this looked interesting enough. Sooo....here we go!

I am starting off with a Space Marine Tactical squad (I believe these were $25?). So I am starting with $25, and I hope to turn that into $1000....yes I have lofty goals, but I believe that you either go big or go home.

Pics of some of the squad are in the WAMPed II gallery for sci-fi. I need to pm DL to find out if I need to wait till after the contest to put them up on eBay.

parvusmachina
07-02-2012, 01:22 AM
Ok, the items are up on eBay. The tactical squad is $37.25 according to GW site so that is waht I am starting as my initial cost. Listing fees were $.20 (for listing internationally). No biggie.

Check it out here!

Thanks for lookin!

Gi6ers
07-02-2012, 06:31 AM
look nice from what I can see, I think you need a bigger pic and a CMON link...good luck!

Ulfgrimr
07-02-2012, 09:52 AM
They look good parvusmachina, although I agree with Gi6ers about the bigger pics. Good luck in reaching your target, do you have a time frame in mind?

Darklord
07-02-2012, 11:57 AM
changed ot to a widget for you matey.

parvusmachina
07-02-2012, 02:19 PM
Thanks everyone.
@Gi6ers: The link on CMON is here: http://coolminiornot.com/pics/pics16/img4f3071d6485e6.jpg
@Ulfgrimer: No time frame. Just the monetary goal. Want to see how long it takes.

Working on getting bigger pics up soon(ish)...

parvusmachina
08-02-2012, 07:13 PM
Just a little update on the space marine auction. I have had over 600 views in about 2 days and only one person is watching it....sigh....ah well. I've already got some half finished Menoth jacks that I am going to get to after I finish my latest commission.

Vern
08-02-2012, 07:57 PM
JI have had over 600 views in about 2 days

That's what Cmon IS good for :wink:

only one person is watching it....

Plenty of time yet :smile:

Spectral Dragon
09-02-2012, 01:08 AM
The trend lately is to bid on the last day parvusmachina, I know it's hard but try not to fret till then.

parvusmachina
14-02-2012, 01:38 AM
OK, the Space Marine Tactical squad sold for the minimum bid amount (which was retail for the box set). I am in the red by $2.02 due to ebay and paypal fees.....ah well. I have to finish a commission piece (which is also going to be a Wamped II entery) and then I am not sure what to complete. I have a half finished Greasus Goldtooth (the metal one) and a Menoth war band. I will post with updates when I decide what to do.

Gi6ers
14-02-2012, 08:49 AM
Not sure space marines are the route to profit, personally I think you can make cash from the latest GW characters to be released/dragons/film tie-in stuff.

parvusmachina
14-02-2012, 02:29 PM
Not sure space marines are the route to profit, personally I think you can make cash from the latest GW characters to be released/dragons/film tie-in stuff.

Yeah, I think you are right. What about OOP miniatures? I have a TON of Rackham stuff (wolfen mainly).

Vern
14-02-2012, 03:09 PM
TON of Rackham stuff (wolfen mainly).

Check what else is for sale, but unpainted & still blistered is your best bet for these. Unless you have particularly uncommon Wolfen, it might be worth hanging on to them for a bit (as there's still quite a lot of it around).

I think with most GW stuff, it either display or complete armies that sell well - a WM warband might do well

parvusmachina
24-02-2012, 05:13 AM
Ok, put up a Warmachine battlegroup for my next eBay auction. 300669679936 I also have some unpainted but assembled stuff on eBay as well. There is just no way I am going to get an Ultramarine army painted. Too many other cool sculpts that I want to work on.

Vern
24-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Nice, hope they do well - although, I can't help feeling your restricting your sales (esp. on the unpainted stuff) by have US only

parvusmachina
24-02-2012, 02:45 PM
Nice, hope they do well - although, I can't help feeling your restricting your sales (esp. on the unpainted stuff) by have US only

d'oh!! I missed that! I listed these kinda late last night and forgot to put international shipping. Will try to remedy that now. Thanks for the extra set of eyes!

parvusmachina
10-03-2012, 05:07 PM
Alright...well after two auctions of painted minis, I find myself with a total balance of.....<drum roll>.......30.94(USD)....:biggrin:

That is actually DOWN $6.31!! I just have to laugh.

THIS is why I have a day job I really enjoy. There is NO WAY I could make a living off painting minis.

Will this detract me from selling on eBay? Not really...I am going to start painting minis I got for free or from contests and I won't be taking into consideration the MSRP for them.

Will I still paint? Hell yeah. I think I will focus more on my own personal collection and competition pieces instead of focusing on eBay minis.

Will I still strive to hit $1000...yeah, this is a fun little challenge I put myself to.